1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[PC GAME] Majisuka Gakuen 4 The Game

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by JeijeiFin, Mar 14, 2015.

1. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

I have tried to balance all the battles so that with optimal strategy you don't need any luck. So, if you seem to need luck in a certain battle, there is most probably some tactical tricks you have not yet noticed/realised.

If you want to play it safe in Phase 3, you should use all characters you have against Salt, because Salt and Magic can duo Kobii & comrades. You definitely need Team Hinabe against Salt - not for delivering punches, but turning Salt away from Sakura and Kamisori&Zombie who can then attack Salt from behind. ;) It's up to you whether to use KY against Salt or against Kobii.

Team Sakura vs. Salt

If you do Salt without KY, you want something like this:

[​IMG]

If you use KY, she should (as a better healer) be in Kenpou's place and Kenpou next to her.

Zombie has 62% chance and Dodobusu 42% chance to Hold Salt directly from behind, which is quite good IMO (you can see the percents when mouse pointer is over the target). So, in this situation Kusogaki attacks Salt first (turning Salt to her) and Zombie can then use Hold on Salt directly from behind. If Kusogaki goes down Uonome takes her place and if Dodobusu goes down Jisedai takes her place. Also if Kamisori or Zombie goes down, Sakura should take her place.

Never ever attack Salt directly from front, because everybody else but Sakura has 0% chance to hit Salt from front. Sakura can hit Salt from side as well. Remember you can do like this:
    - Sakura attacks Salt first time (from side) => Salt turns towards Sakura.
    - Uonome attacks Salt => Salt turns towards Uonome.
    - Sakura attacks Salt second time (from side) => Salt turns towards Sakura.

It really doesn't matter if Hinabe members hit Salt or not, because even if they hit they do so little damage. Basically they are there just for turning Salt.

Team Sakura vs. Kobii & comrades

If you saved KY for this battle, your starting position should look something like this:

[​IMG]

Ranged opponents are always targeting the character who has least HP. So, if you have KY, the ranged opponents target her, giving Magic time to take the other ranged opponent out. If you don't have KY, Magic will most likely go down before she can finish her ranged opponent. In that case Salt needs to finish both ranged opponents.

If you look at comrades' stats, you'll notice, that they hit hard but they are slow (only 55 AP). So, if they move one step, they can no longer attack!

Salt or Magic, on the other hand, can do one of the following in one turn:
    - Move three steps.
    - Do special attack and move one step.
    - Do normal attack and move two steps (or move-attack-move).

When both of the ranged opponents are down, you have basically won already, because with hit & run strategy you can avoid the opponents completely and lose no more HP. Basically you just attack and then move one square away from your opponents. Then comrades move next to you, but can no longer attack. Then you attack and move away again. A bit longish battle, but easy IMO.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  2. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

If i am remer right Kobii Was lot of hp...

3. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Oh, it's alright. I didn't know using Team Hinabe against Salt in that formation was possible. Due to their low HP and attack, I just leave them for the next match as they almost always get KOed by Salt in one hit.

So basically I've just cleared Phase 3, having found out a couple of tricks that you pointed out.

I kept my original strat for KY, Sakura and Kamisori/Zombie against Salt, my reason being to exploit Kamisori's poison and Zombie's Hold skills, which are effective against single enemies. This time I took some reference from your preivous posts and retreated strategically as needed to get out of range; Kamisori, for example, can land her poison claw and retreat or advance in and poison claw, with Maji activated. KY as usual acts as my healer (mainly for Sakura when her health gets low) and throwing stones, which are my most reliable source of damage. Sakura acts as both tanks and damage dealers, and Zombie acts as a secondary tank; though that's pretty much me hoping for her skill to activate :/ But hey, I managed it with her reviving just once.

For the second match, with Team Hinabe on my side, it's much easier now.

Like you said, Salt and Magic are great for attacking and retreating, though I didn't know they could dance around the map when the ranged attackers are down.

When I used to depend on solely Salt and Magic, though, it was difficult because the ranged attackers (obviously the priority to take out) were at different ends, and when I reached them I'd almost certainly get surrounded by the goons and Kobii.

This team with Team Hinabe acting as bait, tho (your ranged attackers like to go for low HP targets :D ) Salt and Magic successfully made short work of the ranged attackers, and after which Salt pretty much solo-ed the map. Kobii spent her time chasing KSGK around for some reason, and was distracted enough not to cast any heals :/

But anyway, awesome, so now we have 2 seperate possible strategies to take on Phase 3. Looking forward to challenge Phase 4. :)

4. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

JeiJeifin. I think my games at at easy ai works at random, medium random attack but begins weakest. Hard it take best attacks first.
    So, if I can giwe Hin team person at 4 damage, it was just lucky. And I heard that only salt or Sakura can do even behind at that end boss at least some damage... But... I don't think at I can win it only them...

5. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Just tested your strategy. :) Like you said, Salt, Magic and Hinabe plays great against Kobii & comrades. Those Hinabe members, who are still up after ranged fire, can pull the melee mobs, making it easier for Magic and Salt to take out the ranged opponents. AI healers will heal, if some ally low on HP happens to be right next to them – otherwise they just attack. So, it is like you mentioned: if some Hinabe member manages to make Kobii chase her, there will be no heals for AI melees that Salt/Magic is targetting. :D

There are some other battles as well, where moving/retreating is an essential part of the fight. My personal favourite is KY soloing Team Hinabe on Phase 1, which includes retreating, healing, throwing and (in the end when there is only one Hinabe member left) melee attacking. You should try that out after you have completed the game. ;)

I thought the battle against Salt with only Sakura, Kamisori&Zombie and KY would be harder, but it went surprisingly well: I played it twice and both times all my four characters were still up in the end. In the beginning I positioned my characters in the bottom right corner, so that Salt can reach Sakura on turn 2, but can no longer attack => Sakura can attack her first and KY can do one extra ranged attack. This way I managed to do nice amount of damage before Salt had attacked even once. Kamisori and Zombie are on opposite sides, so that they can do Hold and Nails Blade directly from behind.

[​IMG]

I tested combo Sakura, KY and Hinabe (but no Kamisori&Zombie) against Salt as well. There I have two ranged/healers (KY and Kenpou) healing Sakura and only Sakura. Dodobusu with Hold skill is positioned on the opposite side of Sakura. Other Hinabe members are used just for turning Salt away from Sakura. This combination seemed to work pretty well also.

[​IMG]

Anyways, now we have already four decent combinations, that will do in Phase 3. I wonder if anyone finds more. :D

6. EraMemory

EraMemory Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Heyo, Majisuka 5 confirmed, continuing where 4 left off :)
    Time to get your programming skills on? An expansion would be nice :D

7. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

^ Don't know yet, if I'm making MG5TheGame or not. Need to see few episodes first.
    However, IF I'm making MG5TheGame, I will probably reuse the battle engine from MG4TheGame AND I will add conversations with dialogue options.

I actually tested dialogue options already. If anyone interested, a short playable DialogueOptionsDemo can be downloaded at:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/zmdm5alsgdgsy5t/DialogueOptionsDemoInstaller.exe

[​IMG]

This demo doesn't contain any battles, only talking. In this demo you have three goals:
    1. Convince Kamisori&Zombie to join Team Sakura.
    2. Talk to Kamisori privately and develop a bond between Sakura and Kamisori.
    3. Talk to Zombie privately and develop a bond between Sakura and Zombie.

In conversations you just need to select one of the dialogue options before the counter reaches zero. The dialogue options color-coded so that:
    - compliments and similar have pink background
    - insults have red background
    - normal, polite dialogue options have blue background
    - disabled (grayed out) dialogue options are not yet available.

In this demo you can talk to Kamisori & Zombie infinite number of times, but if I add these conversations for example to MG5TheGame, there will restrictions. For example it could be, that after winning a battle (any battle), you can talk to Kamisori & Zombie once, to Team Hinabe once and so on. If you mess up, you can talk to them again after winning another battle (unless you insult them so badly that they refuse to talk to you in the future ;)).

8. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Which program? Same at that regonize game?

9. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    I defeated Salt with SakuraMinami+KamiZombie and SakuraMinami+KY

I find Milky&co. more diff than Salt, if you can use MinamiZombie's special attacks, Salt will be fine /o/

...good luck to normal players

Miions chara is absolutely useless, she can be used for meat wall
    Ranged attackers are broken af

I really really really liked the game, thanks for hard work

10. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

played at that demo already end.
    Good idea?

11. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Ah, new combos for Phase 3. I need to try those today. :)

I agree, she is the weakest Hinabe member in the game and cannot do much offensively. However, everytime she takes a hit, someone stronger than her isn't.

Broken how? Notice, that in this game ranged attacks cannot be dodged like melee attacks. So, if ranged accuracy is 75%, three stones out of four will hit the target (on average). Target's position or dodge value does not matter, but defense does: when ranged attack hits the target, character with higher defense will take less damage than character with lower defense.

Also you can't use ranged attacks on a target who is on adjacent square (next to the attacker).

12. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Jei Jeifin. Wheew, as i say: thanks to demo. it open me at some ideas. Fights and conversation? Sounds more rpg style. Althoug computer rpg´s wasnt real rpg:s...
    MG 1-2 was concersation good idea... maybe.

13. Chuu

Chuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    this is why they are broken, they are so strong, I used "broken" word as they are game changer (especially KY, she is best chara ever)

This is how I usually beat the game on Easy because I don't know how to pass stage 1 without Minami

Stage 1
    Sakura ---> Hinabe
    Hinabe --->KY Army (I placed the ranged attacker to the bottom-left, bottom-right is a big no, KY tens to hit my ranged attacker instead of the meele ones)
    KY+Minami ---> KamiZombie duo

Stage 2 is the hardest one, I was gonna cry after trying so much combis

Bakamono is so OP, I absolutely need Magic and KY (but then I also need Magic for Yoga) please enlighten me for tips
    I defeat Magic first and rest of stage is like "leftover girls from Bakamono" so idk

and S3 is SakuraMinami+KamiZombie // rest of girls

14. Bonner

Bonner Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    My strategy on Stage 2 is...
    1.Sakura →Magic
    2.Magic, KamiZom & KY →Bakamono
    Eliminate Armies quickly, and surround Bakamono
    3.Hinabe →TsuriZako
    4.Sakura→Yoga
    5.Magic, KamiZom & KY →Otabe

Most important thing is position.
    You can waste a opportunity to attack, in order to take a good position.

Stage 3
    1.Sakura, KamiZom & KY →Salt
    2.Rests →Kobii
    Salt, Magic & Kenpou attack corner enemies at first.
    Other 4 girls decoy Kobii away from Salt & Magic.

15. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

If you don't want to solo with KY on Phase 1, you need to do KY & Gekioko weaklings last. ;) (However, KY soloing Hinabe is one of my personal favorites, as I have mentioned in my earlier posts.)

When fighting Hinabe vs. KY & Gekioko weaklings it doesn't matter where you position Kenpou, because AI ranged just always attack the character with the lowest HP. I always position Kenpou in the middle, so that the middle girls can retreat to her for heals if necessary.

[​IMG]

I assume you have noticed, that you can use both Sakura & Magic twice in Phase 2, if you fight against Magic at fight 1 and then use Magic at fight 2. All the characters you use at fight 1 will be available again at fight 4 and the characters you use in fight 2 will be available at fight 5. => It might be a good idea to fight against Bakamono at fight 2.

Magic and KY should be enough against Bakamono. Just start at the bottom left corner

[​IMG]

KY stays in corner and Magic charges to ranged & other extras. Take all the extras out first. Bakamono's Throw Barrel skill has cooldown of 2 turns, so if Bakamono throws barrel to KY on turn 1 (and hits) she can throw barrel again on turn 4. KY can overheal the damage from barrels easily.

When Bakamono's HP gets below 105, she will go berserk (switch on) and hits even harder that Salt. Magic is faster and can avoid Bakamono, so it's up to you whether to charge Bakamono before or after she goes berserk. Anyway, make sure that when she goes berserk, KY has full HP and Magic has both her special skills available (because you want to finish Bakamono as fast as possible). You should fight Bakamono far enough from KY, because the most likely scenario is that Magic goes down and KY needs to finish Bakamono before she can reach her. Ideally you fight Bakamono so that when KY throws stone and turns Bakamono towards her, Magic can attack her directly from behind.

Magic & KY vs. Otabe is even easier. Just start at one corner and make Otabe to chase Magic to the opposite corner (sometimes just moving three times, sometimes doing attack-move-move) and fighting her there.

Kamisori & Zombie can do Tsurichi & Zakaboss and Sakura can solo Yoga. So, for Phase 2 we have:

Fight 1: Sakura vs. Magic
    Fight 2: Magic + KY vs. Bakamono
    Fight 3: Kamisori&Zombie vs. Tsurichi&Zakaboss (easy 100% win with the right strategy ;))
    Fight 4: Sakura vs. Yoga (the safest strategy includes some retreating and avoiding to attack Yoga directly from front ;))
    Fight 5: Magic + KY vs. Otabe

This will do in Phase 2, but you can add Hinabe where you think you'll need it most. If you add Hinabe against Bakamono at fight 2, it will be available again at fight 5.

Phase 3 strategies for normal difficulty have already been discussed in the earlier posts.

16. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

But... if this maked at like rpg that youre hp and other stats growth +20% others +10% is cam to easy!
    But... Also that Mg 1-2 think... so if it so maked, it is right do it at: fight a lot at random...
    But in that MG 3... it is not funny or chalange if player fight these guards...

17. JeijeiFin

JeijeiFin Kenkyuusei

Yeah, also Hinabe will do against Tsurichi&Zakaboss - most of the time. However, if Dodobusu with Hold skill goes down early on, it will be a tough fight.

Also against Yoga you can use many different combos, for example Hinabe + Kamisori&Zombie, Hinabe + KY or Kamisori&Zombie + KY.

Anyway, it's good to know, that people can complete this game.

Nanashi's Mission is a sneaking game without any fighting and it will stay that way. :)

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Yeah. I remember that be only time when s3 wasn't fight. But I think it was worse them...

19. akirezu

akirezu Kenkyuusei

wow ! This game is fabulous.. Could you change the background theme ? Yankee Rock and Majisuka Fight would be awesome..

20. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

These are ealier seasons, That was at Season 4.