1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of Nogizaka 46: (2015)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by lazy, Dec 14, 2014.

1. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I hope they show a bit on when Matsui Rena started her concurrency as well that'd be interesting. Meeting the group for the first time etc.

2. mb1619

mb1619 Kenkyuusei

If more than 50% of this documentary is about Ikoma i'm gonna be so pissed off. The thing is she's not an unlikeable person but her never-ending push is.

3. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Exactly! I really don't mind Ikoma, I like her actually but the huge push is a little much. I was really looking forward to this documentary but if it going to be all about Ikoma, I'll be really disappointed. I'm not in it for the Ikoma Rina show here.

4. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    If the documentary is Ikoma ft. Fukujin members, then what a shame.....

I really wanna see Hoshimina's, Hori's, Ashu's, and Misa's stories since their whole journey as a Nogizaka46 looks interesting. Maybe if they care about Himetan a story about a her being a non-senbatsu and having a sister who is the leader of a sensational girl group that is currently popular in the world and how she deals with it despite her good HS sales

5. rijung

rijung Kenkyuusei

It took them forever before they replaced ikoma as center for the first time... these people are not the best in reading what people actually want to see. The Ikoma story was easy because of the kennin drama. Sayuri..oh well of course. The rest is there because they're popular. I think they go for the obvious selling point and not necessarily for the story. They go for where the money is and to our disappointment they money is still on the drama around the main cast (fukujin).

6. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    Minami gets a whole spoken line, boosting her screen time to around 5 seconds, according to reports.

Best part of the documentary, my friend claimed.

7. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Little bummed with the reports of disproportianate screentime. Yet I'm really not that surprised.

Q: Do you feel the main reason why Ikomachan was put back at center is to add drama/beef up story of the documentary?

8. rijung

rijung Kenkyuusei

Ikoma is center because she gets the most media exposure already at this point: she was the kennin and now maybe AKB fans got to know her (market expansion seemed to work because she was 14th in ssk after all), plus she's the main event at the documentary (although that's also due to the kennin... we might suspect as well that the kennin was initiated precisely for the purpose of beefing up the documentary, we don't know which one comes first the chicken or the egg). So to put her center is an easy marketing decision based on the marketing machines that's already started running a bit earlier (kennin + documentary).

9. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

ZIP! interview

if the video does not show watch the video here

10. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    So it's being shown tomorrow? Lot's of promos popping up. 7.10. Hope someone can give a brief summary on it.
    [​IMG]

11. Jimmie-san

Jimmie-san Kenkyuusei

Hope I can see some backstage things about Ikuta, Akimoto , Nishino and not everything about Ikoma and Sayuri :>
    The group I know the least about, but these 3 members caught my eyes early on :)

12. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  13. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  14. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

off topic: Jimmie-san. youre signature... nice... but whose cats?
    Topic: So, what is best at that documentary at all?

15. michishige

michishige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    when is it released as dvd? I really want to watch this!!

16. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    It was released today (November 18th), and it's available for example on CDJapan.

17. michishige

michishige Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Thanks. I hope translators will start working on the subs asap!

18. Jeff86

Jeff86 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    Twitter:
    Jeff86500
    I really didn't like the documentary.
    As said before, it's really focused mainly on Ikoma then Maiyan/Naachan/Nanamin/Ikuchan. I guess management really can't help themselves with Ikoma...
    Nothing about 2nd gen, only 2mn at the end about Miona not making senbatsu...

The documentary really has a cinematographic feel that Nogi excels at but I prefer a more intimate feel for documentaries.
    Really disappointed...

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  19. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Sounds like Jeff86 at giwen it less than 5/10? Anyone at own opinion but ...
    Somehow that not giwen my wanna see it...

20. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

I watched the documentary earlier this evening (my copy arrived at lunchtime).

Overall, personally, I enjoyed it .... maybe 8/10. It does tend to focus on the members who Jeff86 lists, with Ikoma being covered slightly more than the others listed, and the other Nogizaka46 members aren't really covered much at all. But I haven't had a chance to really look at the other 3 disks (I have the box version) and disks 3 and 4 do appear to have a lot of interviews with other members, singularly or in groups, include 2nd gen (of those disks I have watched Takayama's interview on disk 3 which was nice, although whoever was the camera man for the interview should have their kit taken away from them and then banned from ever using one ever again).

The pre-order limited external bonus physical film snippet was nice ... appear to have Maiyan on mine.

edit:

Posted a couple of pictures (including one of my filmstrip) in the Ordering, Shipping and Arrivals thread here

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015