Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of Nogizaka 46: (2015)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by lazy, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    the documentary was ok not great but ok.i guess for the time that was focused on the few members they focused on I would have to say the time was evenly spread amongst those certain members in my opinion.i would like to have seen more about the members personal lives because they didn't really go too deep in their background.

2. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    The announcer make mistake called ikuta erika with iwata erika. This make me think a question. Is Ikuta erika, hashimoto nanami their real name or just stage name?? Maybe someone know something.

3. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    The only member with stage name should be misa, as every other members whom used to have a stage name were asked to revert to their real name. misa didn't end up reverting as she already had a decent following & recognition with the stage name due to her previous entertainment experience, specifically as Winner of Miss Magazine 2011 & being the former leader of regional indie idol group CHIMO.

iku used to have the stage name of Ikegami Kai (池上花衣) for a particular horror movie she filmed before joining nogi lol. hinatan was Kawai Hina (川相陽菜) lol, & johnson was Asou Ririko (麻生梨里子)! the latter both were in the same Kyuushuu regional indie idol group, Seishun Joshi Gakuen, prior to joining nogi.

4. haryo48

haryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Oh I see..thank you mod..

5. Shitsuren

Shitsuren Kenkyuusei

Compared to the AKB documentaries, I found this one disappointing. There were just a lot of scenes that were unnecessary (why did we have to listen to the whole song of that choir singing to Ikoma-chan?) and for other scenes I wish they had added a bit of narration to give better explanations or just made the scenes a bit longer. Best example would be Hori-chan's scene at the very end, wth. It was interesting to learn some more background info about the "front" members, but other than that, not really anything new or interesting. It feels like they concentrated on single members over Nogi's history as a group. Also, the way they handled Sayurin's scandal was kinda... yeah. Did like Nanamin's comment about it though xD

Summarized: I hope we get more Nogi documentaries that will focus on Nogi as a whole. ♥

6. SSFV

SSFV Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nagashimaseira
    Disc 2, 3 and 4 ain't bad.
    I'm a bit bummed they didn't cover every member.
    Calling it Documentary of Nogizaka46 is very misleading.
    They should call it Documentary of Nogizaka 5/33.

7. kinglight25

kinglight25 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    suzukiayane
    In this movie, they were very disappointed because not to be invited in last year Kohaku.
    I hope they will make it in this year together with Bananaman san.
    I think this movie is about the journey and hardship to become a well known idol of some members, not about the journey to become a well known group idol of Nogizaka46.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I'm conflicted.

A lot of things weren't shown. Forget people, this is not a good way to even learn the history of Nogizaka. There is very little explanation of things that are famous in fandom. Compared to the SKE documentary which I watched last week which feels like a summary of events in comparison.

On the other hand, fans have already seen these. This shows a lot that even us fans haven't seen. And the under side of things we have.
    It doesn't hide reality. It doesn't try to build up or brag about members or their hard work. It's honest and, at times, brutal about the members and their faults.
    I felt like I learned a lot and gained a lot.

And it was a beautiful piece of film, regardless of any faults.

9. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Unlike some others, I really loved this documentary. Even though I can admit it was really just a documentary of ikoma, maiyan, nanase, ikuchan, and nanamin. It really hit me in the feels, I actually had some tears lol
    Although I really, really wanted more about Hori, not just 5 sec at the end. But it made me into even more of a nogi fan, and I'm glad they covered the two big scandals.

10. richardesu

richardesu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I love the movie!!! I discover so maaaany things about them! and I won't change my Oshimen! Ikuta Erika... and Sayurin! .. ;) yes I have two Oshimen.. I don't care.
    but.. I receantly fall in love of Hori Miona! I just love the last 13th single! the B dvd She is soooo kawaii..
    so. But what happend at the end of the movie???? is it gonna be part two?? I saw it (of course)in japanse.. :( I just understand a 90% of it.. hehe.. so... I just enjoy watching my beloved Nogizaka46 idols! but I love the movie.. and I just Love them all. Nogizaka46 rules!

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

just watched the documentary today and learned a few things about the members. Ikuchan was so kawaii in her early day and her piano experience was complicated. she got so much pressure on her in a young age as pianist and i am glad they put that segment in the documentary.

nice to see Ikoma and her old friends from the school band....she is so dorky in megane [hehe]

aother thing i didnt know before watching the documentary, they started a dorm for the members to live together and what a great way for the members to bond.

12. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Finally watched this.

I thought it was a reasonable angle to cover the main members and to focus on family, parents thoughts etc... Quite enjoyable and very different from the SKE one which I caught a couple of weeks back.

I thought the amount of Ikoma coverage was good. On a high level, her story and her ups and downs is the most obvious so why wouldn't the screen writers pick on that. And they were balanced, covering the events long in the legend where she lost it and ran away and fainted, but also showing how she is different and grown up now.

If AKBG and NGZK are about idols that you can see, and idols who grow with you, Ikoma's story is an incredibly uplifting example of the latter.

13. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    I finally watched this, and well, at least it was better than the last two AKB documentaries that focused in one member only...

Things that i dislike: Focusing only in high tier members.
    Thing that i really dislike: The Hori segment... SERIOUSLY??? only that, and at the end? i found that kinda rude... like, "oh yea, Hori was center once, and we forgot to put her, let's fix that"

The thing that i really love: All the edition that they give to Kanashimi no Wasurekata part!!!, they found the perfect scene for each line of the song!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Momo48

Momo48 Kenkyuusei

I just finished watching this with the english subs and I came out of my lurking to say that I enjoyed it quite a bit. As someone who doesn't closely follow Nogizaka, most of the content seemed new to me. That being said, it really didn't fill all of the in the blanks in Nogizaka's history. But I still enjoyed the in depth focus on particular members (although it would be nice to feature more members.)

Ikoma-chan's story and growth particularly stood out to me. Popularity issues aside, I notice that Ikoma is/was often criticized for her anxiety and crying (particularly when she ran out from the Principal stage press conference I believe), however given the circumstances I find it quite understandable. Only 15-16 years old, unconfident in herself, yet having to handle the pressure and burden of being the centre, even though she was not the most popular. Even members like Maiyan and Nanase cried at the pressure of being centre when they were more into their debut/experienced. But Ikoma still had the determination to work hard for the sake of the group which I respect. Now she is much more relaxed and confident (as shown in the documentary), which is nice to see.

I also enjoyed concept of having the narration being the words of their mothers. Although I wonder what Matsumura's mother would have said about the scandal :^^;:

15. KatieKat1690

KatieKat1690 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Hmm I just finished watching this as well and I have to agree that there was way too much focus on the top tier members. The documentary just seemed kind of all over the place. I don't think they mentioned the 2nd gen at all other than Hori.

I think they really missed a huge opportunity to introduce some different members and show a bit about them. While I definitely respect the top members and they are definitely a big part of Nogi, I feel like the documentary was more of a film about the life and thoughts of Ikoma, Maiyan, Nanami, Ikuchan and Nanase rather than the actual story of Nogizaka46.

16. k1s3k1

k1s3k1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    what's up with the 2min section of Hori at the end. might as well not include it.

17. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    I liked the documentary, mostly because it was coherent. But sometimes it was too gloomy to my taste, it was really made to make you feel sympathy toward the girls. Some told me it was too Ikoma Rina oriented, but i felt it was okay, we had a lot of Maiyan, Nanase, nanamin too. I'm impressed they did mentioned Sayuringo scandal. As a neophyte on Nogizaka, i learned a few things so it's nice.

I'm in complete denial that Shiraishi Mai had a past of Hikkokomori. Impossible.

18. AitorBernkastel

AitorBernkastel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    Watched it yesterday. I liked how it was recorded and how some moments were embodied. I was surprised to see they mention Wakatsuki's scandal and also surprised by the past of some girls ^^U I would have liked to see a bit more focus on the 2nd gen and so. The only mention they did was when Miona was out from senbatsu and her possition dropping... For me it felt like a hint of her coming back to the center soon xD

19. garnetjester

garnetjester Member

I agree that it was very gloomy. But I thought that made the theme song all the more meaningful. I don't know if it's just because the images of the groups are so different, but there are very gloomy aces in Nogi when compared to 48G, like Nanase, Nanami and even Maiyan with her painful past... Sayuringo has always seemed like an emotionally unstable girl, and ofc, Ikoma, although her struggles are different. It's a little sad, I found myself feeling bad for everyone, except Miona, because her mom said that she's very friendly and bright in her personal life, that was a relief in a way for me haha. Maimai seems pretty chill too, but then I don't really know much about her or Misa's past so there's that.

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Finally got to watch it!

1. It's really interesting to learn about the girls background. We get to know them a whole lot better, and we get to know how much they have changed. I really like the narration provided by the mothers of the member.
    2. I really like several scene, which is only 3 or 4. Like how Ikoma argued with Matsumura. My fav scene is where Reika met two students from Saitama and she just casually approached them and happily greeted them.
    3. Song in 1:50:00 is really good
    4. I'm kind of disappointed that we didn't get to see the other girls. I think it's going to be interesting and more touching if they interviewed the UG and see what they think about, well, everything.
    5. Love that Miona part.
    6. I'm not going to protest about "This is not the documentary of Nogizaka this is the documentary of fukujin". I think that the Management make the right choice by giving a TL;DR movie about what is Nogizaka and what happened to Nogizaka in the past throught the POV of Nogizaka's famous members (Fukujin), and the slip in several other member like Reika, Kazumi, Waka and the young gen like Minami, Asuka, Marika. And they close it with Miona and plenty of footage (that might be unused footage)
    7. "Should i quit Nogizaka?" "Should i cut my hair?" "In the end, my daughter... cut her hair." This is something that reminds me of Nanase's mother narrative in the beginning. "I tell her to quit Nogizaka. She didn't nod."