1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    @Doodleboy

Copypasta that. Insert a name where you see "MEMBER NAME". You don't even have to pick five. It could be a few as one girl. Nothing really confusing here.

If it is the rules you are talking about, which I actually suspect is the case. Just be honest about why you picked who to give negatives to. Let @ithebigc worry about if they qualify, which they likely will.

Or you know, just skip giving negative points all together. Like most people. ;)

2. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Are we supposed to write why we gave negative points or just submit the negative points?

And make sure when you copy-paste, you pay attention. I switched my 2-3-4 on accident and didn't realize until I submitted it lol. It's not a big deal though, just 2 points difference.

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No idea. Never have given negatives.

Also, :lol:.

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Oh ok,

and yes, it was quite stupid of me haha :fp:

5. shirocha

shirocha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyazawa Sae, Kinoshita Momoka
    Twitter:
    soonyoungi_
    You don't have to give a reason. You don't even have to reveal that you gave negative points when the final ranking comes out. :chuffed:

6. ranchu

ranchu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Murayama Yuiri
    So I understand, You have to give a reason. but you don't have to reveal (if you want) that you gave negative points when the final ranking comes out.

7. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    2 hrs left :(
    ThaT is so fast! I hope there is extension

8. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

No you don't have to give a reason, and you don't have to reveal if you don't want to

9. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    About 5 min left before you're late! Get your rankings in!

And no, you don't have to tell me your reasons for why you give negative points. You can share them if you wish when we have the results thread, or not.
    And yet, at the same time, some people have problems restricting it to 20 girls ;) A ranker honestly could've solved your problem quite nicely. Each year, I never really know beyond my Top 10 at best, but rankers give me a chance to remember girls I might've otherwise overlooked. "Oh yeah, that girl was really funny during MCs this year," or "What that girl wrote on G+ regarding the sousenkyo was really touching," things like that. Do I follow all of my Top 20 girls normally during the year? Not at all. But as a fan of the groups (and you're on Stage48), I've seen enough of the girls beyond my oshis in various media or in person to know them and give them points.

Honestly though, one of the main reasons for requiring 20 members per person is the need for differentiation. Last year we had 570 eligible girls, this year we have 660 of them :wall:Take a look at last year's ranking and see how many girls shared the same spot, which really is no fun at all. More people joining in x 20 members per person helps alleviate that. For the 2016 or 2017 ranking, I might even need to make changes to the system when TPE48, MNL48 and BNK48 all join in, because then it just gets ridiculous.

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    @ithebigc It's probably a little late now, but is there any particular reason all 20 are required? Why couldn't someone just stop at say, 15?

Or continue on listing +1s until 40.

Well, people who don't watch much media aren't going to be able to do that... which I think is the position the original complaining was in.

11. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    @ithebigc I totally get where you're coming from. And as I mentioned for me it isn't about not being able to rank 20 girls, I just don't feel the need or want to rank 20 girls. I'm interested in supporting my oshi and follow two maybe three other girls. I want to rank those and not some random other girl who slipped during an MC and made me giggle. And not wanting to rank more girls doesn't mean I don't enjoy the group as a whole.

I suppose we just have different views on the matter. You say that there are plenty forum members who have trouble ranking only 20 girls. That doesn't surprise me at all seeing how some people have signatures that list the names of almost the entire 48Group as their 'oshi'. To me this looks as more of an actual problem than having a cap of only 20 girls though. If you have trouble ranking 20 girls then, imo, you have your priorities wrong.

Also, having 600+ girls to rank is indeed a pita. It's just too many. But having girls not rank is what the whole ranking is about. Even in the real sousenkyo only 80 of those 600+ girls will rank (yes, I know kaigai doesn't participate, but still that leaves us with 300-400+ girls). If girls don't get votes then it just means they don't have enough support or aren't known yet, a shame, but reality. And especially in a forum ranking like this, that does mean that most people will vote for senbatsu and we're not seeing many other girls show up in the ranking. Trying to force differentiation just to see some more random names pop up isn't going to help the problem of most girls just not being popular enough to rank in or get more than 1-2-3 votes. So lack of differentiation isn't a problem, it's just reality.

Hence why I believe a sort of system as I suggested helps both problems. If you get every forum member some form of equity, let's say 20 (or 40 or 50 or..) votes, that they can distribute as they see fit, you force people to actively think about how to spend those votes. "Do I give all my 20 votes to Paruru? Do I spare a couple for this cute Chinese girl? But then I can't vote as much for Paruru, hmmm..." These are the internal (or on forum if you want to discuss) dialogues that are interesting and force people to really think about what girls they want to support and like. Some difficult choices have to be made, but that's just how life is at times.

People can choose to either support a handful of girls, or distribute their votes over many to show support and that they enjoyed them. This will most likely lead to the already senbatsu girls getting the most votes and lesser known members getting less, but as I stated earlier, lack of differentiation isn't a problem. Also it's less work for the admin overseeing the voting because there's less girls to process ;) Also more people can join in as you're not restricted by a set amount of girls you have to rank.

The question here is what do you want with the member ranking? To have it be a competition that reflects the actual sousenkyo, make all people think about their choices, resulting in a couple of big winners, or a competition where differentiation is more important and getting tons of girls with 1-5 votes (and still have a couple of big winners)?

Either way I still think a member ranking is nice to have on the forum and am happy you're organising one. The current format just isn't for me to join in on.

12. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I think the idea is to have a member ranking for this community ;)

No need to overthink things :/

13. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A system where you choose how many votes you give to a member will invariably force your votes to become political. Put everything in for your oshi/favourite groups team/centre or she'll lose to girls whose fans did so. It's no more accurate, the results will be interpreted as "x's fans didn't decide to go all in" etc. it becomes a contest of "how people vote" instead of "who is popular" and the current system, I think, shows by far the best reflection of who is popular.

14. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    No overthinking here, just explaining why I'm not joining in and trying to be constructive by at least suggesting some alternative.
    It's never wrong to question the status quo and look for improvements, it's called discussion, also something this community is for ;)

15. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

I think the way the ranking is now is just fine as it is. I could've given a couple more negative votes, but I see why it's capped at 5.

16. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    We're not saying it's wrong for you to question the status quo, and I commend you for coming up with an alternative solution (though whether @ithebigc implements it is up to them to decide :p), I think we're just questioning why invest so much effort into this in the first place [hehe] This is just an optional event that you can do if you're an active member of Stage48, something you can participate in if you have OO minutes free to make a ranking; most people who don't want to participate either just say "Nope, not interested" or just ignore the thread entirely! I like this ranking since it's a different system to the SSK, though if you want I'm sure you can create your own "What if you had 20 votes for the SSK" thread, that's not against any forum rules is it?

Anyway, the point of the matter is sit back, grab yourself a cup of hot coco and relax!:chuffed: This is just to see what S48 members think of last year's 48/46 Group, it's all for fun and it's not like the winning member will have anything happen to them...unless there's a hidden clause which I didn't know about?! :hehe:

17. oatmeal

oatmeal Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Why invest in replying to me just to ask why I invest time in a forum...?
    This is the kind of thing we do on a forum, and the time I spent (a whole 10 minutes) typing that post up is far less than almost anyone else spends on all the "OMG SO CUTE PICTURRRRE!"
    If only there were more posts actually discussing things instead of arguing over their subjective (often wrong) interpretation of what an idol a few oceans away might have said in Japanese it wouldn't be so weird if someone actually started to discuss things in a reasonable way and the forum would be in less of a deplorable state. But that's a whole different discussion.

Sure, the people who want can just participate, people who don't don't and nothing ever changes. That's fine too. Would make for a boring forum though. So I choose to make a suggestion how people who don't want to list 20 girls (and apparently there are more than just me) can also participate in future iterations, while making the process more engaging (you actually think about your choice), and perhaps lessen the burden on the admin, who has been saying it's a lot of work for at least 2 years in a row now and fears it will only become more.

18. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I don't think there's anything wrong with your suggestions or putting a lot of thinking time into forum activities. I've done the same (first link in my current signature). But I do think the set values is the best system available to accurately reflect popularity. Though I can see the argument that forcing you to make a full list might be impractical for your "engagement level" (just can't think of a better term), I think making the scores flexible would greatly increase the complexity on the part of both organiser and respondents, without necessarily improving the reliability of the results. Though, of course, it is up to @ithebigc.

19. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

If you cannot think of 20 girls to rank, then you have these options:
    1) dont participiate
    2) learn more about the members
    3) make up the remainder of your rankings with randomly selected Team KIII and Team X members
    4) ask the guy who voluntarily is doing the ranking to change his rules.

1) - 3) are in your own responsibility, 4) is not, and maybe this the reason why there are some irritations with the level of engagement you are discussing the rules.

Discussions are cool, but in this case it feels a bit like you want to turn your personal problem into a general one.
    Btw, nothing wrong with voting for senbatsu members.

20. trxsh

trxsh Member

I'm sorry if it seems like I'm contributing to an argument(?) but I think it would be nice if there was an option to vote for 10 members. Instead of three +5s, +4s, +3s, +2s and +1s, just one of each. There are probably about 20 members that I think are cute and are probably nice girls; maybe 15 I like; but at most there are 10 members that I feel like I care about (or 12 like is in my sig haha). I don't really have confidence that the suggestion will be given much thought, which is fine, but that's my personal preference. I don't mind the "you must vote for 20 members" rule either.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.