1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The 2015 Stage48 Member Ranking

Discussion in 'Forum Events' started by ithebigc, Mar 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    I disagree if someone from SNH or JKT rank high enough, because she has plenty of fans on this forum than the people here are gonna how popular she is in the English-speaking fandom.

2. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    It is not just SNH and JKT alone anymore, it is now MNL48, TPE48 and BNK48 and beyond that BEJ48, GNZ48, SHY48, CHA48, CND48, CHQ48 in China. Given the fact that there is literally zero involvement with any of these groups, especially since they hold their own SSK, it stops making sense to include them in everything, in particular this ranking.

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I agree that it's difficult to accurately rank after the top few positions (I find it especially difficult to rank multiple groups at once). But it's only the top few where that matters.

For me, from 7+ I stopped caring about the exact number, instead just grouping girls by point value (who are the 2 5's, who are the 3 4's etc.). Within those groups they probably aren't all in the right order.

4. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Well if no one is fans of them here, than even if they are included it won't matter, but if they do have fans here than it does matter and should be included in the this ranking specifically.

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    This is an INTERNATIONAL 48G fan forum. Not just for the Japanese 48 groups, But all the 48/46 groups. There is a sizable following for the international 48 groups here, regardless of the interaction with the J48 groups. This poll is not SSK. It is a polling on who the users of this site like. That is why all the groups active in 2015 are eligible. We all know you don't like sister groups. But plenty of others do. No one is saying you have to vote for girls from other groups.

6. Shoka

Shoka Kenkyuusei

The problem is that when there are too many members, we're going to get tons of members with just 1 vote, and that's not really an accurate representation of anything.

So maybe narrowing down the selection could be useful...

Doesn't really matter really. This is all just for fun and not some scientific study lol

7. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    It doesnt make sense to rank members who don't compete with each others. The members of the Japanese sister groups actually compete with each other, and presumably the Chinese groups' members will do that as well. So it makes sense to rank them separately. It only makes sense to rank them if they compete in the same SSK.

There is an 'English speaking fandom' for Arashi and SMAP as well, by your logic, we should include them as well.

8. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka
    Your reasoning doesn't really make sense either.

9. rka

rka Senbatsu Stage48 Donor

I will do a group-wise ranking afterwards, if its really mattering so much :>

10. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

This is the STAGE48 yearly ranking, not some SSK equivalent. Segregating this poll is not only pointless but divisive and would only serve to exclude a portion of the fandom on this forum.

There is another poll, concurrent with the actual SSK which polls people on the amount of votes they've cast.

11. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

To tell the truth, even though I seldom vote for any member outside the AKB group, I believe all the groups must be in. If the members of the sister groups weren't eligible it wouldn't be 'The S48 Ranking', but 'The S48 AKB Ranking' and we should have a Ranking for every group. And if only the sister groups in Japan were eligible we'd be marginalizing those members of S48 who are mostly interested in the other groups. It wouldn't make sense to have threads for those groups if at the moment of truth they don't count at all. It's a Stage 48 event, so I believe everybody must be allowed to vote the members they follow.

12. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    Butting into conversations like it's my business lol

TBH when it comes to 48 groups outside of japan, I'm not interested in more than, let's say, 5 or 6 girls but on s48 are people who are focused on these groups so not allowing them to vote for the one they like it's not fair. You can't say "nobody cares about groups outside of Japan therefore let's not include them", it's just wrong.
    I'm perfectly fine with including all 48 groups, no matter where are they located or how many they are.

Side note: I don't see why people are acting so butt-hurt about including everyone, you're not the one who does the work- it's ithebigc - you literally just type some names and that's it, your work is done. Why turn something that's fun into some horrible blood battle, chill and enjoy the game - why searching for reasons to get angry ?

P.S: I am so excited to find out who got the first place this year :awesome:

13. drazaar

drazaar Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nagaomariya
    I think it's fine to include everyone even some of the sister group members may not be known to the majority. You can always focus on the immediate group members as far as how high your oshi ranks if it matters to you. It's also understandable to require a minimum in order to diversify some of the results. :approve:

That being said I didn't vote, missed the deadline due to my usual procrastination and being away from home the last day... Forgive me yagi :|

14. Nory

Nory Member

Oshimen:
    Tsuzuki Rika
    Twitter:
    Kami_oshi_SKE48
    This speaks to me on a spiritual level, and I don't think it should lol

I almost missed the deadline too, mostly because of my incurable laziness and the fact that I want to show appreciation to so many girls

15. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

I actually disagree with the 20 member mandatory selection. Imo it actually skews the representation of the polls. Most people including myself vote like this: 1-5 members I like. Then 6-10 members I sorta like. 10-20 is don't care about them but needed to fill in members. I can understand why you put 20 member rule in place though. You want to bring in more diversity in to the polls but in actuality dilutes the results of the forum. Have you heard of the 80-20 rule? 80% of the effect comes from 20% of your causes. You can even see it on the posting pattern of this forum. Some members threads have more post than all the members of a group combined. That's just the way it is and I believe the poll should reflect it.

As far as overseas sister groups are concerned, I think that members should be allowed to vote for them. Although I think its unlikely that a overseas member will get any where close to the top of this poll, this is a 48 group forum after all. So we should give them a chance to vote regardless of how big their presence on S48 is.

16. Gale Kakumei

Gale Kakumei Kenkyuusei

^I definitely agree with the first point. I also noticed that in this sense, unpopular girls get bumped tremendously for being number 12-20 for a good amount of people though it is probably due to the fact that most people just happen to know her by name.

17. groovybear24

groovybear24 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I agree with you. why we must turn something that should be fun and united us into something that make a never ending debate? why?

• Like Like x 1
  18. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    I wonder a bit when we will see the result? This month maybe?

19. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Last time it took two weeks to start posting results, but this time they'll be counted with technological assistance, so...

I'd estimate May 1st.

Why should a competition unite us? We're obviously not all on the same team.

That said I don't really care either way about the overseas groups. The rankings would definitely look cleaner without them, but eh. In theory I'd at least like the option to vote for Chikarina, even if she's not making it into my top 20 any time soon. Same goes for any other members (un)fortunate enough to be transferred to these new groups.

20. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    If I remember correctly, this poll was originally meant to be a testbed for the actual Sousenkyo. Now that we have so many groups that don't participate in the Japanese sousenkyo at all, what's the point of ranking them together with the Japanese groups?

If we have a separate Indonesian ranking and a separate Chinese ranking, those members would actually stand a chance of rankin in the top 10 or they could possibly even win their poll. And those would actually be useful polls too, as it is interesting to see who is the most popular member in China or Indonesia.

That Mayuyu is more popular than (insert random SNH member) on stage48 tells us exactly what? But if Takamina turns out to be more popular than Mayuyu this year, that would actually be an interesting piece of information.

We should simply go with the times and only rank those members and groups who actually compete against each other. Now that there are overseas groups that don't participate in the SSK, but have their own SSK, we should go with the times an adapt to those changing circumstances.

As for members who get transferred to overseas groups, they have the right to candidate for the Japanese SSK, as such, they should obviously be included in the Japanese ranking (even if they opt out of the Japanese SSK and instead participate in the overseas SSK).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.