1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Movie / DVD [MOVIE] Documentary of Nogizaka 46: (2015)

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by lazy, Dec 14, 2014.

1. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I've watched the Matsumura-Ikoma arguing scene a couple of times, but can't make out all the words. I get that Sayuringo's saying she could've gone to university but threw it all away because of Nogizaka, and now she wasn't even selected (for the 1st Principal?). Was Ikoma also left out of the selection? Ikoma's trying to stop Sayuringo from saying some sad things like "everyone else (was chosen/are doing something)" or "I don't have a reason to be here", and afterwards Ikoma is seen crying uncontrollably in the corner. They both seemed to be anxious and nervous about their place in the group, but what really was the reason for the argument between them?

2. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    after watching the documentary I had an unpleasant feeling. 1000% they are not friends. I always felt that Ikoma felt much better in AKB. in AKB she was more happy. in Nogizaka she just work. and I did not like Nogi reaction on Ikoma's kenin position. they looked very arrogant... Now I'm very confused. I really LOVE Nogi songs much more than AKBG, but their character and behavior very disappointing... they are idols, and it is very important for me

3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    They're honest and disappointed. Just because you want Nogizaka and AKB to mix doesn't mean Nogizaka members have to.

4. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    I believe other people than me can give you more convincing opinions and information, but I recommend you to watch Nogizakatte doko ep 136. It shows footage of Ikoma's activities in AKB, and then the Nogi members' support for her before the upcoming SSK. I was also sad when I saw the Nogi member's initial reactions to Ikoma's kennin, but I believe they had the right to be scared and disappointed - their initial "face" was going to the rival group. If I was a Nogi member back then, I would've probably questioned Ikoma's decision, too. But as time went by, even though the Nogi members may not have accepted Ikoma's decision in their hearts, they at least showed their support for Ikoma before the SSK by actions.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    well, they are idol of an idol group called Nogizaka46 which used to promoted as AKB48 official rival. Of course it gauge on their mind and they built identity as a rival. When suddenly it crash by their own comrade, it's hurt, and natural to be disappoint. Me, as fan of their rivalry gimmick, super disappoint back then. And after kennin, i never look Ikoma in same way again. Used to love her, but now my favoritism toward her decreased a lot. still like her though.

6. Paul cho

Paul cho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    Somehow, maybe it is movie's length problem, it is too short to talk about Nogizaka46's 4 years in 2 hours.
    It is hard to tell if they are real friend, however Nogizaka46 members' reaction to Ikoma's transfer is quite normal to me.

If it is understandable they would like to protect their independent identity, they are not just sub-unit of another group, and actually Shiraishi Mai keeps saying that. Moreover, it might be bad timing, I think members might feel lost or even hurt, it happened while they lost the entry ticket to "Kohaku Uta Gassen". And, please note it is just initial reaction, as Kuura wrote, members finally support Ikoma's decision.

As I read some fans' article, Ikoma just talked about herself (more than to Matsumura), actually what Matsumura said is exactly Ikoma was thinking, as CENTER of Nogizaka46, and the keywords is "don't give up yourself, you know, she was under enormous pressure by ANTI in that period.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2016
  7. VoirDire

VoirDire Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Probably extremely overdue (literally 2 yrs+), but just got around to watching the documentary and here are some of my thoughts:

1) Okay, the Miona part was pretty half-baked and slightly disappointing given that I would've wanted to know more about her feelings when she centered Barette and how she managed to stand firmly afterwards...

2) Aside from that, I did manage to learn quite a lot about the 5 core Nogi members (ikuta,shiraishi,nanase,ikoma,nanami), and although i would've enjoyed it a bit more if they talked more about the other 1st gen members it was still pretty satisfying overall.

3) The coverage of Wakatsuki and Sayuri's scandal was quite comprehensive, and as someone here has already said, I really liked what nanami said about the scandal.

4) The argument scenes between sayuri and ikoma were quite enlightening, and though it might convey negative feelings to viewers who might then come to the conclusion that Nogi isn't a friendly group at all, these scenes merely serve to illustrate the realities of any idol group, or in fact any kind of organisation or business. It serves to remind us how each member is fighting for their own spot on the stage, and in fact, for their very own futures. But that reflection in no way indicates that Nogi isn't a friendly group, but in fact there is ample evidence to suggest the contrary.

I also note our learned friend's view here:
    Personally, and nobody has to agree with me on this, I found the member's reactions on the whole to be quite reasonable and as some has said here, honest. I'm pretty sure anyone in their shoes would generally have had a negative view of this development. Besides, I've always thought Nogi was a bit more than just "idols" like other 48 groups but more of a unique musical group.

5) Having been a Nogi fan ever since the Kidzuitara Kataomoi times, it gives me great pleasure to watch how mature everyone has really become, and how Nogi has transformed from being a group that was merely pitted against AKB as being their official rivals, to a group that is now, imo, in a completely different league of its own.

6) Overall, many things have happened since then and this documentary does seem pretty outdated if we look at it now (end of 2017), but I would still recommend it to anyone new to Nogi.

Anyways, maybe I should really get around to watching these things earlier lol

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017