1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single HKT48 7th [74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e] (2016/04/13)

Discussion in 'HKT48 News & Releases' started by Parikkuren, Feb 28, 2016.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    7.1 earthquake in the middle of last night (~1:30 AM!). :eek:

I have to agree, 4,450 is a bit too low... :fp:

2. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I wonder if HKT can surpass the sales of Silent Majority...
    Keyakizaka is doing extremely well for a group that debuted in less than a year, plus they have no big names in the group like how HKT has Sasshi or NGT has Yukirin/Kitarie.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
  3. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    With the quality of this single's A-side... Highly unlikely.

+ Fukuoka vs Tokyo is already a disadvantage.
    Let alone Niigata, who have regional population of 2.4 million. Half of even Fukuoka.

4. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    That doesn't seem like a good excuse. Nogizaka is a Tokyo based group, however Guruguru Curtain only sold 136,309 first week. Keyakizaka only debuted 8 months ago, and they're already doing extremely well for a group that the public isn't familiar with. HKT debuted 4 years ago plus they have Sasshi and Lovetan in the group. If you look on iTunes and Recochoku, Silent Majority is still in the top 5, which is impressive.

Plus HKT already performed their new single on Music Station while Keyakizaka has not yet.

5. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

Song quality undoubtedly plays the biggest part. If it's good enough to viral, it'll spread like virus for real.

I'm just saying, their base of operation does play a big part on what their "Default Sale Figure" is.
    Default, Sales, Figure. Understand?

Their wider exposure largely depends on which network they have working relationship with.
    And most promotion are done in their local region, like regional radio, regional advertisement (Yes, ads are regional in Jap land), regional TV programs (Yes, programs can also be very regional in Jap land), local news.

They went MSta, so they attended one. Possibly Music Japan and others soon...
    But...
    Away from TV, how many wall ads, train ads, radio ads, events? etc etc etc.

Do they have variety that runs in Tokyo all year long? HKT have a bunch of variety, how many are airing in Tokyo? How many of HKT's radio show can be listen to Tokyo? (Without going out of your way to DL it)

And let's ask this question also... How many of Keyakizaka's program, be it TV, radio or what have you are run in the biggest metropolis city of the entire freaking planet... I donno? HOW ABOUT ALL OF IT?!

And before people bring in oversaturation BS...
    Tokyo people are also richer, you know, because they're the business center... So despite being so oversaturated with celebrities there... I think their pocket are still several level deeper than their Fukuoka counterpart.
    Interesting isn't it? Don't you think?

Also, I like to once again remind everyone...
    48G are always lobby by other cities, particularly businessman to have a team in their city... Because 48G = Economic benefit!
    The more popular they are, the more money the region makes, and the more their locals will love them for bringing in those sweet sweet economic flow from other parts of "HAPON"

This is like trying to compare the revenue of the top Football team in Iowa to the revenue of a top Football team in Miami.

Let alone the fact that Tokyo is the very biggest megacity in the world today. It's more populated there than freaking Shanghai China. Take London, double it's population, and Tokyo still ahead in headcounts.

6. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    You should remember that Nogizaka (and 46G in general) is the trend of rising right now, also I have to agree with what Reveen said about Sony being better label than Universal. The lack of promotion for the single is bothering. And they don't have many things to do right now to help market the girls in handshake event. Selling as many as they have been doing now isn't bad, you know.

7. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I had the feeling the promotions weren't going to be that great when I watched the MV and saw only one hot air balloon.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Please stop being so obnoxious and patronising when you're trying to teach this to people.

It's probably more to do with the SSK anyway.

Not that people are "saving for it" but rather the current AKB single gives a better deal:
    Shake hands with your favourite idol *and* get a voting ticket.
    Compared to just the HS ticket with the sister group's single.

Keyakizaka doesn't have that limitation as they're not involved in Nogi's HS. That's not the only reason they sold well, especially for a debut and it doesn't explain digital,
    but it does give some "excuse" for the sister groups' poor sales.

9. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Patronize? No.
    I'm being realistic and actually call it like I see it.
    I don't make excuses for bad sales with maybe it's SSK, because SSK have no impact on average buyers, which undoubtedly makes up at least 20k customers in Japan. (No rational individual will deny that 48G actually do have fans outside of their dedicated fandom)

And like I said, song quality is very important.
    Keyakizaka outsell HKT is the result of not only their better base of operation, (Which is true, and no rational person will actually deny that), it also have to do with their great debut single. (Again, no rational individual will deny that)

What exactly is wrong with that? Or are Keyaki fans so hungry for "The odds are dead against us and we win!" narrative, so much that they would ignore the undeniable truth to their great regional advantage.

Maybe... Just maybe, people think I'm trying to justify why HKT lost to Keyaki, thus they're unhappy.

Let's get this very straight.
    I'm not speaking for HKT, frankly, I think even if they both debut on the same day, both in Tokyo.
    If they're to release what they release... Keyaki will kill HKT by a landslide in debut single.

I did facepalm very hard last week when people are comparing Keyaki's debut to HKT's debut, because that's actually dumb. Fukuoka vs Tokyo debut, the group that promotes in the world's biggest megacity vs Fukuoka, a city of mere 5.6 million.
    That's the only problem I have with the entire "Keyaki vs HKT" debate. The debut number should not be compared when the advantage is hugely different.

Anything outside of debut number, I agree wholeheartedly that Silent Majority and it's B-side are amazing, I have them on my phone on repeat, something that I never did with any HKT releases.

I'm calling it, like how I observe it. And I am confident, that I am absolutely right on this, lest others manage to change my mind with better points than my own, or information that I didn't consider.

Again I ask the question... What exactly have I said that's wrong?

EDIT: And for some stupid reason, one moderator, with his/her/its infinite wisdom decided to ban me from Silent Majority thread just for writing the exact same crap I'm writing here.

Inb4 I'm banned here too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    To be clear, when I said obnoxious and patronising, I was talking about "to other forum members",
    please stop calling people dumb, etc. in each of these rants. It's just rude.

Some people agree that regions play a role, but disagree about the degree it affects sales.
    Treating those people as either mentally challenged or children who don't know anything (at least anything about Japan) is not acceptable debate practice at all.

11. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I didn't call them children, I just said they didn't do their research and should do instead of just looking at a single chart and make statement about it.

I didn't say they're dumb, I said the comparison is dumb, there's a difference.

Now I think about it, all this reminded me of this particular debate

if the video does not show watch the video here

People are more focus on feelings instead of the facts, and that is a problem.

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Yes, facts should rule a debate, absolutely.

But saying "anyone who disagrees with me is dumb" (or as you now claim you meant "anyone who disagrees with me is making a dumb argument")
    doesn't make your argument about facts.

Say what you want about Fukuoka, the fact that HKT demolished Nogizaka's (Tokyo) first week sales proves it's not that big a factor compared to all the things that made SukiSukiSkip stacked.

13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    How can we talk about facts when liking a single or not depends of someone's feeling, thus said subjectivity? We talk about songs being viral, but AKB group have lost 5 rank in Karaoke most singed song.

AKB handshakes sales are all in Makuhari messe, which is near Tokyo. But what about the Handshake location for HKT single handshake?

14. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Other group can also do promotion in Tokyo. I think the low sales of AKB sister groups is mainly because of AKB voting single is eating into their sales. Also Keyaki got a lot going with a lot of promotion and actually have a good song in their hand. I think 74 is a good song, but when you compare it to Silent Majority, well, it is no contest. When I read the lyric of Silent Majority I immediately felt that it will be a hit. Personally that kind of thing can't always happen. Even Nogi new song (Harujion) isn't doing so hot compared to their previous single, ImaHana, in iTunes. Keyaki just hit the jackpot in terms of song that non fans might actually like and buy where compared to most of 48/46 group song they relied heavily on fans.
    Maybe someday HKT might also hit the jackpot. AKB have their jackpot with 365 and previously, KFC.

Personally, I'm happy to see boss in an A-side MV :)

15. Kawaki Otsutsuki

Kawaki Otsutsuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    key46 vs hkt sounds so random and irrelevant. I don't understand why these 2 groups specifically have to be compared but haha sounds like key46 is getting blamed by someone for whatever figures hkt puts up

16. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think this is the main problem. AKB has more singles and with events closer to Tokyo. If you look at HKT's handshake sales for their own singles the events close to Tokyo always sell out first (at least for my oshi). For AKB's 44th single HKT has sold out an average of 38% of their slots (for Team H it's even 54%) while it's 27% and 29% for SKE and NMB. So there seems to be a focus on the election for HKT fans.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?...wa-iranai-16-06-01.14616/page-36#post-1178039

4th day sales: 30,284
    http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2016-04-15/

17. MurasakiSora

MurasakiSora Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Comparisons between groups will always end up being made and fans have every right to make them. In this case, it is most likely occurring because of the highest female group debut sales comparison and also because they're promoting around the same time. These comparisons will inevitably lead to discussion and where that discussion goes is up to the community (like we can see right here).

Many valid points have been brought up in the past page from the rise in popularity and trend of the 46G to regional and promotional factors to even the song quality. Every one of these have varying effects in terms of their impact on the sales and while both groups are similar in some ways, you can also view this in a different light and see it as a comparison between apples and oranges. Yes you could compare the promotions in Tokyo and Fukuoka as a driving factor of the disparity in sales but there are other factors that affect sales and they may also be intertwined or totally separate. Thus people will account for these factors to a differing extent and may agree or disagree with your own opinion. It's an interesting topic to discuss for some but let's try not nitpick at each other's posts and cause something to get heated for no reason nor do we need accusatory or degrading tones when posting. Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're wrong nor do you have to try force your opinion on others. It'll only lead to pushing people away and exchanges back and forth that can escalate easily. Sometimes, just take a step back and accept that people will have a different opinion or you can discuss in a civil manner. I'm not going to direct this at anyone in particular in this thread but just a heads up for everyone to keep it cool.

On the topic of HKT's sales, I agree they are a bit low and the reasons why have already been mentioned in the past few pages. Nethertheless I wish them the best of luck. I did think that they would've overtaken Chicken LINE's first week sales already from how bad SKE's done (to my dismay) but looks like it may end up closer than I thought.

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Here we are, late shipment. Still pretty low but hey not too bad

19. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
  20. Parikkuren

Parikkuren Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Lol I wondered how long until this hit here. People were going crazy about it on Twitter. I don't see the big deal. It's a silly song but it's not the worst in the 48 discography.

It is exactly what I predicted though. :D