Single Keyakizaka46 1st [Silent Majority] (2016/04/06)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by leocgomes, Feb 6, 2016.

1. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    just watch MSta performance. Such wonderful!!
    Every girl look amazingly beautiful
    but i have to admit, Moriya Akane, she's cool but somehow she look older than Sugai Yuuka and the rest girls in group. Like 25 old lady. But, it's part of her charm i think;)

i want more Manaka.... :^O^:
    her HS on par with Neru so far, and hope she can keep increase her sales

2. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Wow, the interview part took much focus on Techiko, eh?
    Well, That's what center privilege is. I wish more member can feel the pressure sensation too as K46 progressing.:D

Dat performance thou, :worthy:
    nuff said.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I saw a piece complimenting the excellent male singer/songwriter who followed them, Naoto Inti Raymi, for lightly applauding their performance as he was beginning his. They performed at one side of the large set. He was set up on another side, half-facing them. As their performance was over and his music started, he lightly clapped, and bowed in their direction. Posters said what a good person he was for doing it. One commenter said s/he was touched by the gesture.

It seems so Japanese to me that people were able to notice the subtle gesture and give it significance. You can see it in the full video of the show (which I found on Daily Motion). Or in a gif in this post.

If I'm going to mention Naoto, I'll also mention how much I enjoyed Babymetal, as I always do, especially in the past year or two. Great concept, great performers, great band.

4. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    yesss, koumoriyo was really good, it would be cool to have another song like it.

5. sonsam

sonsam Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's impressive how Silent Majority is still in the top 5 on iTunes after 3 weeks!
    [​IMG]

Recochoku:
    [​IMG]

This single is doing so well digitally!:omfg:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  6. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    wow, they are facing legend Act on the Top; Hikki, Spitz, Perfume... :eek:
    they still slaying digitally.
    Keya rank 4th place both Recochoku and i-tune for their 2nd week. Keep it up girls:1st:

7. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Keyaki is doing great. Will they keep it up in the next single(s), though? That kinda worries me.

8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Nice kind of worry to have. The SaiMajo official MV's YouTube plays have passed 7.4 million -- and that's without it being available in most countries. I can't deny that it will be hard to duplicate this stupendous feat, however. Everybody made the right decisions, and the public was ready for a song and presentation like this.

I'm sure the administration is doing careful market research right now to decide what kind of song to get written, and lining up a similarly good (if not the same) composers, fashion designer, choreographer, MV director and cinematographer as they did for SaiMajo. Of course, the lyrics will be written by Aki-P himself, who has a pretty good track record. They have to make the right decisions, but they have a group that stands a good chance of making them. And we can see how the Keyaki-chans' skills have been improving from performance to performance. I'm just going to relax and enjoy, until something happens to really make me worry.

I'm just in the process of reading a fascinating piece about how the song and MV got made on Dwango, from the idol magazine Brody. I'll summarize it tomorrow. The main producer had a clear idea of what kind of song and what kind of look he wanted in the MV. Everything flowed from there.

One thing I have to say now: choreographer Takahiro was told what was wanted on day one; he designed the first half of the choreography that night and taught it to the girls on day two; on day three he taught them the second half. On day four was the shooting. He says there were girls who got blisters from too much practice, and there were some tears -- but they were tears of vexation at not being able to do what they were asked to do. They couldn't be seen crying in the MV, so with their youthful enthusiasm they turned the tears to looks of anger that gave something to the finished product.

Lots of credit has to go to the administration and staff in this, but lots has to go also to the girls themselves: this appears to be a special group.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2016
  9. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

One think. Peoples liked it. But... i wanna see really buy (itunes) ... but... that can´t calcutaded?

10. sdn48oshi

sdn48oshi Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    tanoyuka
    Woahhh. This is a sign of actual popularity with the general public. That's amazing! I can't think of the last time one of the groups did this well digitally, besides AKB that is.
    I definitely feel like Keyaki will win the JRA for best new artist at this rate

11. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

I think it was it overall, not only download... but so called ranking of japanese ip´s?

12. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
  13. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    the best selling terms is quite confusing as nogizaka has been selling 800k+ cds and not in the list
    but congrats girls!!

14. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    Yea, I don't know how their ranking works because while Silent Majority is 11th for the "WORLD'S TOP 20", it's only 3rd for "JAPAN'S TOP 20". (74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e is number 1 btw)

Does that mean that Silent Majority is actually selling more internationally? :eek:

15. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    ^ Nogi-chan was also featured in World's Music Award 2 weeks ago and were placed 2nd in 'World's Top 20 Singles'

16. Dante

Dante Member

Twitter:
    CurlyUdon
    I'm only confused of how Silent Majority managed to ranked 11th internationally yet only 3rd for Japan. :confused:

Also, the main point here is that Keyakizaka46 is the first Japanese idol group to have a debut single featured in world's top 20 for Worlds Music Award.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  17. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I'm kinda confused on how WMA's ranking works, especially on the record sales. It's either they take 1st week's sale or total sales from 1st week up to the current one. :confused::confused:

Well, It's actually good for them to be featured in WMA :)

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

It was because, them are get rank outJapan ip´s nothing else...

19. NogiFan

NogiFan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm honestly so shocked at how well they are doing...I can't imagine what pressure everyone is feeling cause now they gotta live up to this amazing debut single.