1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Suzumoto Miyu (Suzumon) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    [​IMG]
    Name: Suzumoto Miyu (鈴本 美愉)
    Nickname: Suzumon (すずもん), Mon (もん).
    Birth date:December 5th, 1997.
    Bloodtype:AB
    Birth place:Aichi, Japan.
    Height:155cm​

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. LeGionClan

LeGionClan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
  3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    This is completely ignorable. Just something one person said online.

4. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    So sad that the only thing posted in Suzumoto's thread is about her scandal ;___; I will add something more positive!
    I translated the model press interview Yurina, Miyu, Suzumoto, and Rika did back in november.

I will only post Miyu's answers here, but you can read the other girl's answers on my blog

[​IMG]

It has been about two months since the audition results were announced. Tell me about the things you did your best to improve on throughout the audition and your state of mind when the results were announced.

Suzumoto: When my name was called at the final judgment I was really uneasy at first like “Could it really be me?” And then I was really shocked… I was fairly slow to realize my excitement. The goal I made an effort to achieve throughout the audition process was that, because I sunburn more easily than most people, I applied a lot of sunblock so that I could do my best to be pale (laughs).

Compared to two months ago, do you feel that anything has changed?

Suzumoto: I think I have a body type that is easier to put on weight than other people so I’ve come to pay attention to what I eat and I’ve actively tried to take half body baths regularly [translators note: this is when you sit half of your body in a bath of really hot water and lose weight by sweating]. Speaking of things that have changed after I passed my audition: my relatives immediately increased. Various people have contacted me asking, “Do you remember me?” (Laughs).

Is there anything about yourself you want your fans to know?

Suzumoto: I love making sweets and cooking food. I’m best at making omurice. My secret to making great omurice is that I make my eggs really fluffy and I don’t put ketchup on it.

Is there anything you do differently than normal in order to be cuter?

Suzumoto: Every day for thirty minutes to an hour I try to take a half-body bath. I also give myself a leg massage while I listen to music that I like.

What is your style and what is your favorite fashion magazine?

Suzumoto: I read the magazine non-no, and I look to Nanase Nishino for inspiration. Cute style, casual style… I try out a lot of different styles. I like Tsubasa Honda’s casual style, and Aya Ōmasa’s more grown up look.

What is your current dream?

Suzumoto: I want Keyakizaka46 to perform in Nagoya so I can tell my parents to watch me perform. One of my goals is also to have the other members eat Nogaya’s food.

In order to fulfill your dreams, what are some things you think are necessary to do?

Suzumoto: I think it’s important that I practice not just at lesson time, but do my best to continue to practice on my own when I return home.

Lastly, please give a message to the fans that will support you.

Suzumoto: To Keyakizaka46, your support is indispensible to our success.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    thanks for the sub broh, appreciated. She's a solid performer and truly deserved the number 2 post in keyaki, also she's doing great in variety aspects with her kuritaro chara

6. andreasmpme

andreasmpme Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Actually her eyes has already caught my attention, am i only the one?

7. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I noticed her from the first time I saw the MV. Not just her sharp dancing, but a kind of smooth, perfect, very Japanese good looks. She seems nervous and contained. Maybe a little harsh with herself and others. She said in the Countdown Live self-introductions that she thought people saw her majime (good-girl) side, but hoped they would see the real her as the tension rose...then she commanded them to get excited. What I see in her eyes, besides worry, is determination and command. I think she may come out eventually as the queen of the dark elves ダークエルフの女王. Especially with those elven ears (although her long hairstyle in the Countdown Live show was great).

During a TV interview, her reaction was featured when the interviewer said that in Keyakizaka46, she was like famous "reaction comic" Degawa Tetsurou:

posthandshakeTVreportkuriamazed.mp4_snapshot_01.39_[2016.04.20_01.33.39]sm.jpg

Last edited: Apr 21, 2016
  8. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    She's very underrated and imo she's a great front girl (i rather see her center than having Berika as a staple front row tbh)

She's a great performer and she looks calm & collected and i suggest that she keep those bangs away coz gurl they're awful

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I can't resist adding a couple of photos. First is a thumbnail of one the poster called "Chestnut Pie":

dd92026b_ed.jpg

Next is one I call "Queen of the Dark Elves":

1102eaa7_qde1.jpg

EDIT: In her blog on April 6, she said she had thought about names she is called by, such as Kuritarou (which she is called on the Keyakitte show), and Suzumon, Suzumoto and Miyu, which she is variously called by other members. She spoke with her parents, and they told her they chose the name because it combined the pronunciation of kanji meaning beautiful (mi 美) and happy (yu 愉).

She says she loves the name and would like to be called Miyu-chan. She wrote the name using kanji 美愉, rather than with the hiragana that had sometimes been used so far みゆ. And that is how her name appears on her blog now: 鈴本美愉.

Some 2channel posters say they will continue to use other names. I won't.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

83eb55b2.jpg 39134e2c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2016
  11. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    im happy that there are actually a lot of people who like her. she stands out for me bcs of her dance move and those big beautiful eyes *_*
    and i actually love how she always mentions her mother/parents during her interview. she seems nice :)
    im also curious in which member she's close with? she's mostly seen with akanen and perhaps oda nana...?

12. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here are a couple of stories from Keyakitte, Kakenai:
    1. When she was a preschooler, she got into an argument with her mother and decided to gain the upper hand by leaving the house. She ended up sleeping in a corner of the courtyard.
    2. Once when she forgot her key as a child, she got into the house by climbing up to the bathroom window, unscrewing the screws, and removing it.

Looking at various performances of SaiMajo, it seems to me that it is Miyu-chan and Hirate who most give the severe and determined expression that is a special feature of the group's image. Her scowl is intimidating.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. himawari

himawari Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    ^thank you for sharing the stories

it kinda hilarious that she ended up sleeping in a corner of the courtyard when she's the one who want to leave the house :lol:
    and wow :O it looks like that she has this brave character when i thought she's more like the quiet and feminine one, bcs unscrewing the screws....?? thats rly smth

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

She's a bundle of contradictions. She really does seem pretty majime, a real "good girl," with her baking and such. But she can also look tough. In fact, I think that tough look is part of what she brings to the image of the group. And she does have a harsh side, no doubt.

She is an excellent dancer, maybe the best in the group, with the clear, sharp moves that make Silent Majority so striking. She was the best at the parallel bars in the athletics episode of the TV show, and one of two members who were good at mat exercises: she did a cartwheel, and Akanen did somersaults. When Miyu was finished with her parallel-bar turn, they asked her to do something more, and she very quickly and neatly said no. When she finished something, she would stand there at attention and say she had finished. Serious and formal.

But she has a total inability to hide her feelings. Her uncontrolled facial expressions are priceless, and they made that a focus of the TV show this week. Here she is (left) seeing a screencap (right) of what she looked like at the moment they announced more members would be added (Neru and the Hiragana Keyakis):

tellingtales_reacttoneru_600.jpg

And here she is seeing her reaction when someone said they saw Sugai Yuuka wearing Hello Kitty! pantsu:

tellingtales_reacttoyukkpantsu.jpg

Finally, here she is last week when she was told they were going to show her reaction to something her father said:

tellingtales_react to father.jpg

"What is that blabbermouth old man going to say next?" is what I imagine her thinking. She said in the show that her facial expressions come out totally unconsciously. When they were showing all the images of her reactions, and everyone was laughing, the host asked her if she didn't like it: "Well, I guess it makes for good TV," she said. And the hosts laughingly praised her professionalism.

I have now made her my oshimen, changing from Nakata Kana. I'm spending much more time with Keyakizaka than with Nogizaka these days, and I really think Miyu needs support. Many Japanese fans don't like her and want to see her out of the front line. This started when there were early rumours that she had had a boyfriend, had said something negative about AKB, and that she was an ota for the Johnny's West group.

Anyway, I think it would be a big mistake to demote her, since (1) she has the sharpest dance moves in the group and sets a great example for those behind her; (2) she can project that tough look; and (3) for me, if for no-one else, she is the most beautiful woman in Keyakizaka.

Last edited: May 5, 2016
  15. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    She's the "Reaction queen" of Keyaki (at the moment). They can demote her until a new one raise

16. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
  17. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^From the interview....

"Suzumoto: When we all came together as members, I saw that there were girls who liked to talk a lot, and a lot of girls who give off a really energetic impression. This is a group who, unlike Nogizaka46’s refined image, has a bright feeling."

I guess you had to be there. From the early episodes of KeyaKake, I had the impression that the group was awful shy. I guess you had to be there in Japan to get witness the members act as she said in the interview.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Maybe you had to be there in the group, lol. They seemed shy and uncertain to me, too. Maybe simpler and less refined than Nogizaka...but I didn't know Nogizaka when they were just new like these girls.

19. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I didn't know Nogi until recently but watching older NogiDoko or NogiKoko, the members seemed more responsive and willing to speak up

20. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

To be honest, that reticence and naturalness is something I like about Keyakizaka. I like the feeling that they aren't really show business performers...yet. I hope they can come out of themselves and still remain themselves (as Nanako seems to be doing recently). Miyu-chan is still feeling her way, as the TV show hosts try to bring her out. (As an aside: I like the Keyakitte hosts much better than what I've seen of any of the Nogi show hosts.)