Imamura Maria (Maasan)

Discussion in 'Team KIV' started by ForrestFuller, Jun 27, 2015.

1. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    Maasan really looks cute with that hair style.

I don't think the rules are for all groups but it's very possible. I never ran into that problem.

These rules are in place for time safety and convince.

2. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
  3. Alvin chipmunks

Alvin chipmunks Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    ^ what show is that?

4. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I think it's a bonus from the 7th single?

5. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    thanks! do you know where i can watch them?

6. Menma

Menma Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I don't think I'm allowed to post the link directly but you can find it on bilibili.

7. Alvin chipmunks

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    thanks! i found it hehehe!!!

8. Justice Lawson

Justice Lawson Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
  9. DX|Takamina

DX|Takamina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Twitter:
    DXTakamina
    they were paintballing ^^

10. SoothingEarthDragon

SoothingEarthDragon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    It's a lot better than AKB48 where they are forced to eat their lunch squatting on the floor, huddled in a circle behind a wall, they are forced to clean up the member's messes and they don't even feel comfortable sitting down lest they be yelled at and fired over it-- even when one of the oldest members directly tells them to sit down and the staff assures them that the chairs are reserved for them.

AKB48 is borderline abusive to its KKS. Comparatively in HKT, it almost seems like the KKS are treated more or less like normal members except they don't have an assigned team.

11. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Who the hell told you that? Sources? You sound more like an anti. I believe Korean pop stables are far more stringent than what you have described.

12. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    I think it may have all been in the 2014 documentary.

http://www.show48.com/documentary-of-akb48-the-time-has-come/

I can find the scene where they say they can only use the room after all the normal members are gone and have to clean up after the normal members and change quickly. In the same scene you can see how they all have to literally hide from the other members, stuffing themselves into a crack behind the lockers and huddling down there to avoid being noticed.

I recall another scene of the KKS literally hiding behind a wall in the dark, huddled up in a mass with their heads down to eat their lunch while the regular members took up most of the lit part of the room sitting in chairs and relaxing... or KojiHaru telling two or three of the girls "Sit down, babies!" and then looking as scared as a deer caught in spotlights and silently shaking their heads unable to say anything and holding back tears-- a staff member even came by and told them they were allowed to sit down and they still looked scared.

But I quick search through the video, I couldn't find the scene right away. So those might have happened on another program.

Also acting in total disbelief of my depiction and saying "you sound like an anti" and "Korean pop-stables are far more stringent" are not two things an intelligent or sane person would string together in the same sentence.

Either I am accurately representing how being a kenkyusei is and therefore I am not an "anti" given I am simply acknowledging things as they are and comparing to say that KKS in HKT seemed to have it much better in comparison... or I am wildly exaggerating how bad it is and making it seem like it is inhuman torture and it is impossible Korean group trainees get it worse.

I mean, really-- sounds like you are the "anti" given that you just outright said Korean groups are worse without basis while I gave specific examples as to how AKB KKS get treated worse than HKT KKS.

Last edited: May 3, 2016
  13. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    ^ You are repeating very old things as 'new', the things you describe are from the early days (like 2010 and before) were the whole situation and layout of the theater was different, including the kohai/senpai relation.
    And one of the reasons they had to keep quiet was because the area they were in was not soundproofed towards the rest of the theater, so speaking up would disrupt others (and yes it was cold in he winter then).
    And 'cleaning up' is a somewhat general duty, you can see scenes in (early) Nemouse TV where even Noro is actually doing it, almost makes you learn not to make a mess others have to cleanup.

Again this is meanly stories from the very early days of the theater.

14. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    I don't think it was from a very old documentary. But not too recent either. 2012-2014 documentary, methink. I remember seeing similar situations shown on documentary. I think it was either 14-15th gen kks?

15. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    The documentary I linked to as the 2014 AKB48 documentary. It is 15th gen there you can see it happening to.

So, no, I am not referring to things that were very old that were happening in the "early day". Honestly, I would wager that the KKS were originally treated rather leniently and then as the years went on, more and more rules and restrictions were placed on them and no one would ever think of rescinding or lifting any restrictions.

Since HKT48 is a comparatively young group, they didn't copy many or even any of the restrictions AKB48 had come up with and haven't had anywhere near enough KKS or generations of KKS for more and more rules to pile up, the relationship between member and KKS in HKT48 is much closer and more equal than in AKB48.

16. kirakira.kawaii

kirakira.kawaii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kinoshitamomoka
    I wonder if the draft members are treated the same way, even though they're brought in under different circumstances. It's a legitimate idea. Regardless, that's absolutely horrible. I wonder if the members ever feel like it's worth it.

17. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

*smh*

If one could get a hold of a documentary about sumo wrestling stables, geisha or kabuki theater troupes, it's almost the same when training to be a part of something big, it's part of the culture: before you walk, one has to crawl. You are expected to do some of the menial stuff while at the lower rank; it builds character and knowing how things work first-hand, all the while acquiring experience and expertise from the sempais; it's a rare thing to become a favorite of the sempais, so there's also quiet competition to gain due respect. Of course if one doesn't like the environment, she can leave anytime if she wishes.

18. Soumi~Haruka

Soumi~Haruka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Maria ranked at 170 in the stage48 member ranking! I don't think it's bad considering she hasn't been active in the 48group for too long! :)

19. SoothingEarthDragon

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Certainly there justifications for it.... but virtually no one who actually spent time as a kenkyuusei has ever hit the "legendary" level of those who never were because they were in the original generation of the group-- in fact, even with SKE, NMB and HKT, one can clearly see that the top members are from the original generation (the most popular, not the most talented) and it often feels as though there isn't even a plan B in place for when those ones graduate-- that no one has been allowed to reach the same level....

It is worth considering whether it is beneficial or, in fact, rather a self-destructive process to engage in. I get the mentality that it wasn't easy to build AKB48 up and so having people just come through the door having not done that original groundwork would mean they would likely take it for granted and not appreciate it. So they want to put them through the hard work and struggle to get them to appreciate their place....

But, then again, if the young girls who join are told they are trash from day 1 and that the current members are vastly above them and there is no hope of ever catching up and they will always be worse... well, it is a self-fulfilling prophecy there. Those girls entirely lose their confidence if not ambition and drive completely, won't try to surpass the previous generation and instead will just shirk into the background and may even just walk away from the group before there is ever a chance for them to really take their place in the spotlight... and those lined up behind them who were told the whole time they were insects to the people who never accomplished anything before leaving-- how are they ever going to step up?

The only possible result is for the group to just get worse and worse and worse.

Because especially when one has fostered an environment like AKB48 where everyone is competing with each other and any gain by any other member is a loss to everyone else and there are 5x as many people as there are spots... well, there is no reason for anyone to try to build the group up to be better or even as good with each subsequent generation and every reason to keep one's kouhei down.

The environment is outright hostile to the idea of "this institution was here before I got here, I want it to be here thirty years after I leave-- so I need to make sure not only to do my best, but that those who coming up after me are as good or better than I am." At least not unless you are in the top 10 members and plan to graduate within a year.

20. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Indeed, Haruppi talked about cleaning the toilets in the HKT theater when she was working on that baito tv show, she didn't think it was a big deal, just normal chores.