1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 1st [Silent Majority] (2016/04/06)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by leocgomes, Feb 6, 2016.

1. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
  2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

In plays on YouTube, Silent Majority (1.202 million plays) has now passed Seifuku no Manekin (1.201 million) to become the most played Sakamichi group song of all time. There may or may not be differences in availability (like when the official MV was taken down) that help explain this, but it is in any case a signal accomplishment.

In an interview on Oricon, Ikoma Rika said it was amazing and added: "Personally, I want to share in their popularity." Nogizaka captain Sakurai Reika, on the other hand, although impressed by their quick advance, in particular their appearance on Music Station, said they were still young and she refused to lose. Nogizaka has to keep working hard, she said.

Last edited: May 13, 2016
  3. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    awesome achievement! now that I'm a bit bored with this single, thanks to my habit of replaying all the the 6 songs on infinite loop lol. I really hope the 2nd single would come out soon! Assuming July is usual release date for summer single it would be a month from now before they release the main song's MV. Can't wait!!

4. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    what does sakamichi mean?

lol sakurai reika is jealous.

5. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Sakamichi is probably just another way to call 46G. Sakamichi = slope, which is basically the 46 in their logo.

6. oji-sama

oji-sama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kuranoonarumi
    Sakamichi essentially means slope
    the "saka" means hill

The "saka" is used in the names Nogizaka and Keyakizaka. Nogizaka46 was named after the street that Sony's office for music entertainment, and from my understanding Keyakizaka was also named after a street (originally Keyaki was called Toriizaka, which was definitely the name of a street)

Edit:
    @Rurouni beat me too it :^^;:

7. Faint

Faint Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gabrielamargarethwarouw
    oh okay thanks. i thought nogizaka was the name of a train station though? or is the station named after the street?

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Actually, no. Nogizaka is an "area" in that a lot of Japanese people replace area names with the nearest station name. The Nogizaka building is actually in an area called Akasaka, but since the train station for Akasaka is further away than Nogizaka, the building is called SME Nogizaka Building. Incidentally Nogizaka station is at the border of three areas, Minami-Aoyama, Akasaka and Roppongi. BTW, this explains why people think a future/hypothetical third Sakamichi series group would be called Akasaka46.

9. applehime

applehime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    inouesayuri
    Keyakizaka46 1st Single 13th Round Handshake Sales.

Finally Fuuchan! Congrats!:1st:

Attached Files:

10. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Congrats!

I hope she can sell more now that those two are the last members with tix left.

Only ~3 rounds to go before the last event finishes selling.
    I wonder when the second single will be announced.

11. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
  12. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Alright, Fuu-chan!

As I've always been saying: Support the back row. Eventually one of them may become a 'Nishino' or 'Misa-senpai' or 'Ashurin' and be a regular front row member. Support them now and you'll be rewarded in the future.

13. satoshiash

satoshiash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Woah! More than 300k is sold really amazing achievement!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Japanese YouTube views went over 14 million a few hours ago. Now reported at 14,116,544 views. International views on VEVO not quite 6000.

Babymetal's worldwide views of Karate are not too far behind, lol - at 12,760,253.

Last edited: May 22, 2016
  15. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Wow thats absolutely amazing, 7 million per month lol
    Its really the third time they've struck gold with their songs, after hebirote and kfc. I can't wait to see how high it will go in the next couple years

16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Not sure why the Japanese are still crazy about Keyakizaka46, while the foreigners don't know about them. It doesn't help either when the YouTube Red situation blocks even the VEVO upload in the United States. (>_<)

17. lonely_cookies

lonely_cookies Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    ^ Youtube Red just started in Australia as well and suddently the Keyaki VEVO is blocked, however the Nogizaka one is not :/

Anyway I think there are lots of foreigners who love Keyakizaka but we've all already seen the MV so no reason to go to youtube to watch it again!

18. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

So, 350 000 break this week or next?
    Not sure, are someone just that fact?

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Foreigners have to be a bit in the know to even find them. And even if they do, idol pop is not a thing in the West, that much. Babymetal gets known by doing a version of a Western genre, adding their form of idol pop sort of by stealth. Sugar-coating idol pop with metal? Lol. And three girls is a more familiar thing to foreigners than twenty.

To me it's obvious why Japanese love Silent Majority. It's a great song, and it suits the mood of many young people, who are fed up with traditional Japanese conformity and longing to find a way to break free. It helps a lot that they can understand the strong lyrics, which the group sells so well.

I haven't quite got my head around the fact that the anti-conventional song is presented in a somewhat militaristic style. Not sure what effect that has on viewers.

20. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Why would how much Japanese like Keyaki have anything at all to do with if foreigners know/like them or not? That makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1