1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

AKB48 Group x SHOWROOM

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by renjiro, Oct 12, 2016.

1. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    AKB48 Group x Showroom is a collaboration for all of 48 group members to individually broadcast themselves.
    There is no duration limit for this event.

Discussions from other 48 group events in showroom may also go to this thread.

Official webpage
    https://www.showroom-live.com/campaign/akb48_sr

SHOWROOM Rules

◯Broadcasting Time: 5:00~24:00, but there will be restrictions based on the members age.
    ・Below 15 years old is only allowed up until 20:00
    ・Below 16 years old is only allowed up until 21:00
    ・Below 18 years old is only allowed up until 22:00

◯ Elementary, Junior high and Senior high students are not prohibited to broadcast from 8:00~17:00
    ◯There is no time limit for broadcasting
    ◯Radio broadcasting is prohibited
    ◯Please make sure that you are broadcasting in real time communication

Commenting and gifting
    ◯Comment
    You can comment in while in the show. Please refrain from commenting hateful comments and anything that may bother or be a hindrance to the performer and other users.
    ◯Gifting
    To throw items into the stage (Gifting). First the daily points to be received will be free of charge so throw those gift stars to them. Gifting will go on, level up your own profile and fan ranking will be uploaded.
    ※To follow an AKB48 Group member, to comment and to gift, you must first register to SHOWROOM (This can also be done via twitter or facebook)
    ※Points will come from gifts that is free of charge.

For collecting free gift (stars)

①Login bonus: 10 yellow stars per day
    ②Each time you view a show for an amount of time, 5 stars for each color will be given to you (But within 1 hour, you can only get up to 100 of each color of star (500 in total))
    ③Tweeting using the twitter mark that can be found below the screen will give you 5 stars of each color.

※But please make sure to authenticate your account for those using twitter, facebook and other SNS.

Follow your oshi member

Clicking the heart mark on the members profile will make you follow the member.
    After following, you will receive a notification on your smartphone if that member is starting to broadcast.
    ※SHOWROOM membership is needed to follow.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wouldn't call this an event though.
    I guess this is AKB using SHOWROOM to communicate with the fans just like they used G+ in the past and Twitter, IG and 755 nowadays.

BTW, weren't the UG from this year supposed to do some kind of event in SHOWROOM?
    Management did ask the fans not to throw away their votes after using them. :confused:

Anyway, I'm happy that the girls are free to use it whenever they feel like it.
    Fans can check girls online without "commiting" to purchase any HS ticket for her.

3. renjiro

renjiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sakaguchinagisa
    Yeah, I just noticed that it is not listed in the showroom events page. I guess this is really for as long as it last.

That event with the undergirls has not happened yet it seems. as well as the top 16 from the sousenkyo x showroom event.

4. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I guess until the girls get bored with it? lol

I expect many of the girls will go crazy with this at the beginning (it will be fun if they broadcast from backstage during stages, concerts and so on), but the novelty will pass and they'll probably use it less and less until it's like G+.
    I don't think AKB has officially broken up with Google, but they're obviously not using it as often.

5. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I think the comparison with G+ is a bit off. Showroom is video streaming while G+ is messaging service.
    With messaging service they have so many choice like Twitter, 755, mobame, etc. These ultimately chisels off the G+ user.
    Meanwhile with video streaming there are still very limited choice, considering how well Showroom accomodates streaming program for individual artists, and ease of access for viewers

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Finally my dreams of quitting real life forever to watch Maho and Rika streaming all day have been fulfilled!

@Trinu Funny thing is, in the long run people will end up spending more money to communicate on SR than what they would normally do if they go to akushukai. Just look at how many users are ready to pay for Tokyo Towers and other buyable presents in order to get on top of the crowd. DeNA needs something like AKB to support their site, considering that most of their other regular streamers can't even rack in 1000 unique viewers in a hour, let alone 30,000 (and things haven't changed much even with the influx of AKB fans to the site since SSK). Plus, anything to move away from Nicovideo (the only real alternative to SR) and their subscription-based racket is a win for the fans as well.

7. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Events" have ending dates as far as I can tell, like the 16th gen event, which ends tomorrow, 10/13. This doesn't have an announced end date, but it is on the top banner.

8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

SR is definitely one of the best things that happened to AKB lately.

btw, please recommend interesting members to watch (preferably not your oshimen)).

absolute #1 is Nakai Rika (NGT). a queen of SR. very fun and cute Showrooms that will cheer anyone up.

another of my favorites is Hiwatashi Yui (AKB). completely unexpected, didn't know anything about her before, but found myself watching all of her showrooms. despite her monotone talking and extreme seriousness, her Showroom is quite fun, clever and entertaining. I guess, I got hooked on the gap of her humor and straight face seriousness. moreover she's rather good at imitating others.

9. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well, in the beginning G+ was the only choice for most members too. Showroom already has alternatives like Line Live and even YouTube, so once the novelty (and management enforced monopoly?) has worn off they might spread to other services as well.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

They have finally make this a regular thing thank god. Video streaming is WAY more effective than posting on IG, twitter, 755, G+. This is finally a chance for the unpushed girls to appeal to the fan base.

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

this is great news and its easier for me to follow the kenkyuusei

12. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I've no idea what you're talking about xD (And to clarify, I'm not spamming the chat with messages like "PLEASE READ MY NAME" or "SAY SOMETHING IN LANGUAGE XX". Tbh, I really dislike fans who do so, and unfortunately they mostly write in English :( )

But I also think at first the members will be pretty active, but I doubt many of them will do daily streams. After all it's also really time-consuming for them too. Still I'm happy about the chance of some semi-direct interaction with the members. Especially the lesser-known members read most of the comments and it's a great way to get to know them (my list of favorite members has expanded almost daily since they started SR ^^).

13. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    Wasn't Twitter and Facebook already there too back then? And i don't think Youtube is comparable to Showroom. One is a dedicated video hosting site, the other a dedicated streaming site. Which is why Youtube's streaming isn't that popular. Again, there are very limited streaming site that can compare to Showroom in terms of ease of use for both the artists and users.
    And i'll guess that's why they use it in the first place. Hence IMO, saying Showroom's novelty will worn off is like saying Twitter's will worn off. I'll admit that's more of a prediction though :whistle:

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Great news! AKB doing live streaming is one of the best thing. Great opportunity to interact with fans & for some girls to get noticed etc. this is why I wanted them to make the Showroom regular for any member who wants to. Even though I don't have time to watch a lot of it but I'm still glad if they do more live streaming! I only start to log in to Showroom since the 16th gen event, now I can use it for other members too, although I probably won't send a lot of questions LOL.

15. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Given the character limit, Twitter is less comparable to the other services than Showroom is to YouTube's (Twitch-powered) streaming.

Posting this again since it's relevant to this thread too:

For people with some scripting experience, I threw together

a python script for recording showrooms
    https://github.com/wlerin/showroom

When called with the --all switch, it records all most 48g showrooms of interest. You'll need Python 3, Pytz (pip3 install pytz) and ffmpeg to run it.

Obviously I'm going to be recording all of them, but every once in a while the script will choke on a stream and record nothing, or record garbage. I have no idea what causes this so the safest solution is to have more people running it, since the problem seems to be local.

It seems like it runs fine on Windows but I have no way of testing that myself.

There's a couple rooms still missing from the master branch, but they are included in the new-index branch:
    https://github.com/wlerin/showroom/tree/new-index

I just created it today though so who knows how it's going to blow up.

In theory you can now add rooms on the fly to any of the files in the index folder (the ones with a .jdex extension), and the script will add them to the index without needing to be restarted.

You can also delete or move .jdex files you don't want to record, though this needs to be done before starting the script (since a room can be in more than one file, there's no way for it to know it's been removed from all files without rebuilding everything from scratch, and I'd rather not do that very often).

16. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Saying that YT is the same as SR is like comparing Snapchat and Instagram [story]. Both have the same functions yet so much difference.

17. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Only in the sense that YT has so many more features than SR.

18. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I think you can't quite compare it to YT, since one is a video-hosting-platform and one a streaming one. There's no way to upload videos to SR. IF it has to be compared to something, it should be Twitch or another streaming-service.

19. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

We're talking about the live streaming part of YT. It's pretty much like Snapchat and Instagram stories. Snapchat would represent SR and Instagram would represent YT. I think it's so much more easier to understand since these two social medias are known among almost everyone.

20. LarcKen

LarcKen Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Taguchi Manaka
    I heard that the broadcasting members get percentage of the paid gift. I hope that's true :p