1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[NEWS] NMB48 Team Shuffle at NMB48 6th Anniversary Live

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Oct 18, 2016.

1. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Well, when the teams picked out the drafted members, it was based on the current teams and their dynamic, and what kind of girl they wanted in that type of team. The teams have been shuffled now, so the teams the girls got selected to be kks under during the drafts are invalid now.

2. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Wow, so much salt about this shuffle...it came as a surprise to me too. It doesn't really seem like anyone is happy with it. As someone who doesn't follow NMB too much, I'd like to provide an objective view on the shuffle since I'm not really attached to any of the teams.

Not surprised to see Sayanee as the captain of Team N. I think they maybe should have let someone else step up in that role since Sayanee is so busy all the time and it's a convenient way to push/reward a more theater-oriented member. On the other hand, not letting Sayanee lead the flagship team would possibly disappoint and dishearten her, which would be a poor reward for her service to NMB. Miorin being a part of Team N makes sense to me, cause she's got an original spot in Team N's first original stage, but honestly due to her age and presence of future ambitions, I think her days in the group are numbered and I wouldn't be surprised if she graduated in the next few months.

I don't have any particular reflections on Team M. I liked it before the shuffle, I suppose it will be just fine post-shuffle too. It could really use an original stage to cement its new composition.

I think BII had the same kind of narrative as original Team 4, for quite a while it was an underdog team that was struggling to fit in and gain fans. A certain type of fan flocks to those underdog teams and works especially hard to raise them up to the level of the other teams, usually displaying a fierce loyalty that no other team in the group can boast of its fans. I think that mindset can spill over to the rest of the fans and causes people to put certain underdog team compositions on way too high a pedestal. On the other hand, it's always hard watching members who cried and sweat together for their team be broken apart.

Purely from an objective standpoint, it's very disappointing that the draft KKS got shuffled around. The entire spirit of the draft has been destroyed with this move. I have to believe that management - or at least NMB management - has given up on the draft idea altogether, as this is such a flagrant "breaking of the rules". We probably won't see another draft, despite some great members coming out of both drafts. I don't doubt that there was some reason they felt it necessary to shuffle around the KKS attached to the teams, but they had to know what that would look like to the fans (aka a big ol' barrel of no good).

3. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka
    I don't see why shuffling the draft kks is any different to shuffling the members... drafts are supposed to chose girls that fill a void a team has, if that team has utterly changed then its 'voids' have changed too. No reason they should be any different. Heck, talking of 'breaking the rules' HKT just put all their 2nd draft members in a Team together because they worked well together. They helped bring out a good side of the 3rd gens too, hence them being in a team together.
    There's no 'rule' here being broken, they're just being moved in a shuffle to fit better where the teams are going.

4. Mey

Mey Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shibuyanagisa
    Well i'm okay with the shuffle tbh I really look forward for the future of this new team
    And finally they pointed sayanee as nmb captain officially

5. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

I forgot HKT did that :^^;: I concede the point. It just rankles that members who were chosen specifically by a team for a team are no longer ever even going to see the team they were intended for. I don't mind when they're promoted and then shuffled later, like Goto Moe from K to B, because they at least got to fulfill their role on the intended team for a little while before management decided to explode the world and start over. But to go through the motions of the draft with a specific goal in mind for the members chosen, and then shuffle the teams before those draftees even get promoted, just makes the draft seem like a waste. I know it was only an excuse to do another event that would create some buzz and ultimately it doesn't matter which girls go where, because they all perform the same function - singing and dancing adequately well. It just annoys me that management is so shameless when it comes to destroying the pretenses they have so painstakingly set up for the fans.

6. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
  7. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Just before anyone starts posting on the wiki thread as to why things haven't been updated but some have: We started making changes BUT after further discussions we chose to leave anymore alterations i.e. the Team page and the members pages until they come into effect on Jan 1 2017. That way the information is still relevant till the end of the year for people that want to look things up about various members. Pages that HAVE been altered i.e. NMB Members and the History:Team [blank] will remain as it is, since the information isn't wrong just ahead of schedule [hehe]

8. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Where's the link to the shuffle wiki page?

9. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
  10. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

She wasn't in Must Be Now (but that's a special case). Otherwise she was in every senbatsu since Nagiichi. She's definitely higher in the hierarchy than Kokochan, Konomin, Azusa or Rinacchi.

11. チームさや姉推し

チームさや姉推し Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    So... new stages, right?

12. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    Maybe Team M should stick with Reset and then BII does Reset and N does a waiting stage that features Seifuku ga Jama wo Suru and Ue Kara Cocoro.

Still upset they did wrong by Emichi and Antan. Wish 安安村 could've stayed together, but Naami/Momone should be fun. It's just a shame with these shuffles that team building and accomplishments are so easily cast aside just so we can say "oh look how balanced the senbatsu lineups are." Or maybe I'm just late to accept that teams are an outdated concept within 48 groups. But I can't believe there would be a shuffle after we had to watch an unnecessarily long MC of the girls trying to peddle lame team goods.

13. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

As much as I like it, I had enough of Reset for a lifetime. I want them to do the SKE stages. Mainly because I don't know those. :fear:

Hear hear!

A nice diagram with the changes. Right side/rows are old teams, above/columns are new teams. They fucked over Antan pretty hard.
    [​IMG]

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

you don't know SKE stages, seriously? Man their stages are some of the absolute top stages, especially Seifuku no Me. Although HKT and AKB have both done Te Wo Tsuniginagara (S2, itself a great stage too) I just can't see NMB doing an SKE stage, not sure if the fans would go for it

Agree about RESET, I love it but I'm sick to death of it.

15. satchan

satchan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kadowakikanako
    Twitter:
    tsurisaturday
    The SKE stages would be the ideal choice in a less-than-ideal situation since it's obvious NMB is never getting another original stage as long as Aki-P controls that stuff. But aside from my personal bias of S2 and S3 being the best stages, they also haven't been run into the ground by anyone but SKE.

That chart is depressing. I don't even feel like putting in effort to fully learn the teams, haha. Maybe YNN can salvage this mess with some new team segments on R24HTV, though I don't know I'll be staying up till 7am watching any of these teams go on adventures.:cry:

Finding positives though, I like Renapyon as captain and reaallly like Yamarina as vice-captain. At least they got a couple of good starting points.

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I was asking in more of a rhetorical question kinda way bc i thought that info was really obvious already, but thanks for the further clarification~

Ngl, though i'm satisfied with this shuffle (as in, im not crying over it), i can't help but shake the feeling of disappointment due to the fact that, i personally thought NMB did the whole "solid teams with a different theme/vibe/aura" thing the best out of all the 48groups after the original teams A,K and B, so this shuffle kinda ruins that for me. Hopefully they will create new themes for each team and develop them really well.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2016
  17. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

KII and A5 havent been revived yet..

18. TCS Kennedy

TCS Kennedy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawamuramahiro
    A few thoughts of the shuffle by team that I don't think got mentioned yet.

N: I think Airi and Maokyun needed to get out of their comfort zones, for the betterment of themselves. I'd rather have them in M but in the long run, it'll probably be really good for them. Megumin also belongs in N. I also can't wait for Shu to start terrorizing everyone with her KSGK'ness [hehe] I'm also happy that Yamarina is a captain too, and she'll be with her other shortie, Miorin. Now imagine if Miikii was there with them :p

M: Momoka & Akarin, I can't wait to see stages where they have to interact with each other (especially with Akarin's cuteness annoying Momoka like no other [hehe])
    And Momoka has to deal with Renapyon being captain too, oh the potential fireworks that could come from her being around Akarin and Renapyon :D I'm thankful that Haako has got her support system in M by having Emichi and Chihhii there.

BII: Although some notable pairings are gone, like NagiShuu, but fans of pairings can go to BII for their share! Sararan and Azusa, the reunion of Yuuri and Rinacchi, and even the former M captain pairing of Aapon and Reinyan. BII has been my favorite team for a while, and I'm satisfied with this group. I think Natsu and Ayatin will really shine the most in BII. They're also going to field double Yankees in Ayatin and Antan [hehe] With Fuuchan here, I really wish Keira would be here to pair with Fuuchan... and I also wish Aapon would've been given a full captaincy too.

19. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I totally agree with this. Always felt NMB really solidified the Team-themes the best out of any 48-groups. They just worked really well (like Team M was amazing). I have hope for the new teams~

20. Timmeon

Timmeon Kenkyuusei

You think there is going to be another R24HTV? :shifty: