1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

More like they didn't feel like spending resources on a separate song specially made for a crappy idol drama.

2. Mana

Mana Under Girls

They're associating it with the drama to give more promo to the song LOL. and why are you always blaming it all on Sakura, like... She's not the only one in that drama. and even if the song is related to the drama, what does it change :fp: "forced to associate it" So dramatic. Sakura has such an impact on you. LOL

3. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

The only thing "forcing" you to associate it is your own mind, which it seems you don't have much control over if something this small makes you hate a song. :fp:

4. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    If it was Maeda Atsuko being shoved in my face all the time again I'd be the same way. It's not about the specific girl, it's the huge push that she's getting that almost any other girl in the group could use more. Who have been leads in Gakuen dramas so far? Let's see...Maeda, Paruru, Sakura. Who have been pushed as 48G-aces? Maeda, Mayuyu, Paruru, Sakura. See where I'm going with this? Jurina annoys me for similar reasons.

When it was just Kibouteki Refrain I could still be happy for Sakura for the attention, but when she's being pushed to the front of every project constantly it starts to seriously get annoying. I'm not a fan of the Cabasuka show in general purely because I for one am icked by the concept of "which of these 19 and under girls would you like to date/bang/see in a night time job". MajiGaku was at least different and not clearly "HEY 30 AND OVER MEN WOULD YOU LIKE TO IMAGINE YOURSELVES GETTING HIT ON BY THESE GIRLS" like this cabaret club thing is. I wasn't cool with Yuihan's stripping scene in MG5, either, for the record. And heck, if there's a push that'd fit a cabaret club and more mature concept, it's definitely Mirurun. Sakura, KojiMako and all these "little girls" in a cabaret club feels like catering to the demographic that no sane group would ever want to admit catering to.

This is also Paruru's last center in the 48G. And MajiGaku certainly had no problems coming up with 7-9 original songs, plus a SG-single A-side. Aki-P running out of ideas or what?

I still don't hate High Tension. I really don't. But this tie-in wasn't exactly necessary, unless TV-show tie-in A-sides are the new norm.

5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

See, you could have just said that to begin with LOL there's no problem with thinking that the tie-in wasn't necessary. but you went out of your way to mention Sakura's push and how you don't enjoy the song because it's related to the drama. as if it's "her" drama. as if it changes anything about the song... it doesn't.

About the rest of your comment, I get that some people dislike when a girl is pushed. But a group needs to have popular girls to represent them. They have to push some girls more than others, there's no way they'll just push everyone equally, especially not in a group like AKB. Now, why is Sakura one of the pushed ones, well, there's a lot of reasons, if you look at elections and see the youngest member in Kami 7, it's her, if you look at handshakes and see the youngest best seller, it's her (she is 2nd after Sayanee overall). If you look at popularity and interest, she has it. She is just the ideal member to push. But most people have an issue with her because she's HKT. which is nothing but a label. Btw AKB was never an "innocent" group... so I'm not shocked by this cabaret drama and I doubt that they will do anything shocking in the drama anyway.

6. Mana

Mana Under Girls

The reason why Acchan was hated too ;_; Looking forward to Sakura's speech "you can hate me but please don't hate AKB and HKT" LOL

7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

So you should have disliked this single from the beginning then

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I don't remember Sakura winning SSK. I remember Acchan winning, Yuko winning, Mayuyu winning, and Sasshi winning. When did Sakura become the Ace?

9. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Sakura is the ace of 48G's new gens / younger members. Of course she won't win elections when older established members are there, they're too strong. But between the younger members, she has the best HS and rank. and strong potential. Not only the members who win elections are called "ace" btw~

10. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    You are using HS and SSK rank, which are forms of "winning an election." Now I think of an Ace as someone who is the best, like an ace pilot (or even the ace in a card suit). Maybe we should be talking about the best dancer and singer as the Ace, not the one with the most votes or the biggest push.

11. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I enjoyed the song far more if Yuria wasn't involved;)

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

This is AKB and idols... It was never about the best dancer or singer and it will never be... The most popular is called "ace". That's all :^^;:

13. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I thought "Ace" meansmore than that. Like the face of the group? The one that is most popular, cutest/prettiest and pushed the most by management? Like how Goto Maki/Natsumi Abe were the ace of Momusu? Aachan and Yuko?

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Ace doesn't even mean anything lol There are so many definitions and standards to go by that "Ace" should be demoted to buzzword.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

God I'm so glad I only worry about what the song sounds like and not who's singing it. My life is so much simpler.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

I have no clue how can people hate someone just because she is doing her job... You might not like Sakura or Paruru or any other pushed girl, just because it's not your "cup of tea". But hate... It's too much!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

17. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's hard to drink up all the water if you're on a group with such huge diversity.
    It's like, "Eventhough you're a high class, delicate coffee, there are those who hate coffee."

So many members, you can't into all of them, and the one you hated might be the one luckiest (and most favored) in the group. Lol.

• Like Like x 1
  18. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Well... which voices are most prominent has a lot to do with how the song sounds.

19. kk127

kk127 Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Jurina.

20. Mana

Mana Under Girls

I know. Sakura is younger though, and Jurina debuted like 8 years ago... it's kinda different, but yeah they're basically the 2 most successful younger members~ and I think they might become the next big rivalry during elections... that would be interesting actually!