1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Its not about the song about on first day. High Tension HS sold very well thats why it sold nearly 1.4m.

Paruru have 5 slot for the first date which is the only 2016 date.

The oricon limited is 20 copies.

2. ABF48

ABF48 Member

this single is not huge digitally (at least not yet, since its just few days from the release so we still didnt knew) and if any about mgmt or akip working hard about, is that they add more gimmick like stage matsuri event or etc. But else, just like what @plomeplome have said, the HS result wich is very good were pretty much sum up everything. Also the growing popularity of team8 is one of the biggest factor imo

Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
  3. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    First day Oricon sales - 1,120,070.
    Lower than I expected of at least 1.15m, but maybe it's because of lower non-theater edition sales.

4. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i thought the change in counting of oricon ( doesn't count sales 2-3 weeks before actual release/affect handshake) would impact AKB, but 1.120.070 is again a very good number.

good job High tension.

5. plomeplome

Most of the theatre eds will be gone if the change affect them tho. So I guess the change doesnt affect them

6. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    All ranking information are reflected here - http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/about/
    I don't see any information related to what you mentioned. The closest I can find is the paragraph which states that for pre-order of events 3 months prior to the release of the CD, the release date and title of the CD (including temporary title, which I assume such as "to be announced") must be revealed to the buyers purchasing the CD for the event. This is the most recent rule, with the previous rule being no concert ticket / music card.

7. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But these are not going out 2 weeks before the release, they're just paid beforehand.

I think the latest tricks of Oricon won't affect AKB much, in the end all these sales are just fans "booking" their CD to be sent to them on release day.

8. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The latest Oricon exclusion rules are really specific. They target groups who sell copies of their single before there's even a title as entry to fan events. AKB doesn't, so it's fine.

9. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    yes what i said was not a statement, i just was vaguely referring to something said before about oricon. I wasn't sure if it affects oricon, and apparently not.

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    That pretty much explains why GEM's Spotlight flopped.

11. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    The new oricon rules do target people buying "more than the socially acceptable amount" at once, so people buying 20+ CDs online at once won't have most of their purchase counted. This is bound to affect AKB sales some, particularly the single that comes with sousenkyo voting tickets.

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    But the 20+ rule is old. The new rule doesn't do anything to AKB, AFAIK.

13. SaltXcSS

SaltXcSS Kenkyuusei Studio48 Contributor

Wow... AKB48 made a new record with their streak of "1 million in 1st-day" singles.

It used to be 3 singles (from SayoKuro to KFC to Heart Ereki), but now it's 4 singles (KwM to TwI to LOVE TRIP and now High Tension).

This can also be considered the first year where all AKB48 singles released sell 1 million in the first day.

14. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Yeah Team 8 is hitting their stride and NGT so far only shakes hands for AKB singles. I believe next single there will be a small drop with NGT finally debuting.
    It is really insane if you think about it though. 48+46 basically sell 10Million a year. Jesus Christ, AKS execs must be swimming in money.

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

We've known that for a while. We were talking about the new silly Oricon news.

Tsubasa wa Iranai went on to sell more than 2 million copies according to Billboard, but not according to Oricon.
    Meh.

What's funny is that Nogizaka is selling like 800k with 37 girls (3rd gen haven't been included in the newest single, as far as I know) and AKB is using almost 300 to sell JUST 400k more.

If Nogi added Keyaki like AKB does, AKB would be "done" as the best seller.

16. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    But most of those 300+ girls contribute almost nothing to AKB's sales. If Nogizaka had 300 girls that wouldn't mean that all of them would be popular and sell a lot of handshakes. AKB had its heyday (with less people than it has today), Nogizaka is going through its heyday. The question is: can Nogizaka survive its downfall as well as AKB did?

17. plomeplome

Nogi's current senbatsu is pretty much all the popular members they have (+1 or 2 more). And most of them are over 20, even worse the fukujins aka frontliners are even older and are at graduation age. The train is always moving, Maimai, Nanamin then who's next? Maiyan, Manatsu, Sayuringo, Misa and more

2-3 years from now most of them will be gone. If they doesnt handle the transition well, they are going to drop like a rock. Its worrying tbh

TwI sold around 2.5m according to soundscan mid year report

1.AKB48 – Tsubasa wa Iranai: 2,499,000
    2. AKB48 – Kimi wa Melody: 1,474,000
    4. Nogizaka46 – Harujion ga Saku Koro: 793,000
    6. SKE48 – Chicken LINE: 414,000
    7. Keyakizaka46 – Silent Majority: 382,000
    8. HKT48 – 74 Okubun no 1 no Kimi e: 359,000
    9. NMB48 – Amagami Hime: 337,000

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  18. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Good point but you're not exactly equating like with like, though the 46 groups have copied a lot of the 48's business model they aren't exactly the same. The 48-group needs a lot of girls because they have theater productions to fill (5 theaters plus Team 8's roving performances) whereas 46 groups don't have theaters so they don't need theater girls. Many of the 48 groups members only do a small number of slots, there are maybe 15-20 girls who do max slots on a single.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  19. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I don't think Nogi + Keyaki will be 1+1=2 but more like 1+1=1.5\
    To make 1+1=2 then you must assume that their fans are unique to each other which I'm pretty sure that won't be the case. If you bought some HS ticket for a single, would you buy more ticket or spread your ticket in a case where you found a new member that you want to do HS with? Basically if I bought 10HS ticket for Ikuta (Nogi) for a Nogi only single and I bought 10HS ticket for Hirate (Keyaki) for a Keyaki only release, when they release a NogiKeyaki single, I would probably buy 5HS for Ikuta and 5HS for Hirate. First is about the limited money that I have, 2nd is about time.
    If Nogi have 300 members, what would happen is that the HS would be spread out even more. Let say that a group have 1000 fans. Would doubling the member of that group double the fans? of course not! Actually, the number of fans would likely be similar (no increase or a very small increase). Nogi definitely can do with more members since they already sell almost every slots they have, but if they add up to 300 members the situation probably will look similar to AKB.
    Also AKB fans need to save for SSK :p

Anyway, they are working differently. The dynamic is different. Also 48SG is not the same as Keyaki.

Meanwhile, something that I haven't seen before happen which is something that I care about more nowadays vs CD sales, which is digital ranking.
    Song name (recochoku/itunes)
    High Tension (9/10)
    Better (37/79)
    Hoshizora wo Kimi ni (46/85)
    Shishunki no Adrenaline (49/90)
    Mata Anata no Koto wo Kangaeteta (72/*)
    Happy end (76/*)
    Seijun Tired (85/*)
    Osaekirenai Shoudou (94/*)

Although it probably will only last for a day, all the songs are charting on recochoku!

• Like Like x 1
  20. jdiaz1994

jdiaz1994 Kenkyuusei

Hey that Tentoumu Chu song is fire AF!!! :worthy: