1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

No surprise for Recochoku. It will be shocking if it isn't.

2. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    :eek: If so, then Nogizaka will be screwed if the popular fukujins leave unless they have a capable young member in the group like Super Girls's Yumeri and Runachu. Speaking of Super Girls, they have the potential to become more popular than Nogizaka in the future.

3. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    It's not rocket science. Nogi will face the same problem as AKB once the 1st gens start mass graduating, especially Nanase, Maiyan, Ikuchan etc. Their image will start changing every so often, and that's when the casual fans start dropping rapidly (much less non-HS CD sales) and harder to gain fans. It's easier to maintain wota as they have another oshi they can find, but for that you need to provide a lot of choices like AKB does, else your HS CDs sales will drop big time as well.

I can never get ppl who compare AKB to Nogi now, when Nogi is still in a phase where they still have a consistent image since most 1st gen are still around. Age of the group doesn't even matter, I don't care if AKB is 100 years old and Nogi is only 20 years old, as long as Nogi enters the same phase of constantly changing image like AKB, then you can compare them. And it won't be long from now.

4. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Another 1m! As always excellent news and this single is selling really well for a fall single. AKB is still going strong :)

About nogi, they are basically where akb was in 2010. Hit songs and their best members are all there. If anyone thinks nogi will easily sell 800k when maiyan, naachan, ikuchan, etc. are gone then they will have a tough reality to face. Oh I think they will break 1 million and keep it there, but that's because by that point you will probably see nogi actually copying akb and bringing in ssk, sister group hs, lots of new members, ...

Either way, I've never cared about how they make the sales so much as they keep them up. And in that aspect, AKB is still going really strong and will for quite a while.

5. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
    2nd day - 21,236
    Lowest 2nd day since 2009's Iiwake Maybe. As expected yesterday's less than ideal sales is because of poor non-theater sales.

Edit: Soundscan sales as of today is 1,404,005. Minus yesterday's figure would be 21,607. Very close to Oricon

Last edited: Nov 17, 2016
  6. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    true, but I think sony wouldn't allow them to evolve like AKB. the creation of keyakizaka IMO was a response of aging members in Nogizaka,so eventhough nogizaka will someday irrelevant, keyakizaka are still going strong. But hey, we'll never know what would really happened in the future

This single alongside love trip are the finer single akb released this year, the huge sales number might be because of request hour. But it proven that akb brand is still relevant. I guess AKB irrelevancy would be happening when despite of all the usual gimmicks, they could only sell 200k something. But that would be a long time from now

7. ABF48

ABF48 Member

where did you get soundscan number ?

8. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Same

9. ZenigameX

ZenigameX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanimarika
  10. Tulken

Tulken Kenkyuusei

What is Soudscan?

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Another ranking like Oricon.
    Or more like sales-reporter, the ranking is done by Billboard.

12. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It is like Oricon in a sense that both track music sales. Probably there are differences in how they acquire the data, but the biggest difference so far is that Oricon published number is heavily filtered (there are sales that don't count) while Soundscan number (published through Billboard) looks to be more raw.

13. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    The official name is SoundScan.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nielsen_SoundScan

Note that they collect data from Japan.
    "SoundScan is the sales source for the Billboard music charts, making it the largest source of sales records in the music industry."
    "Sales data from cash registers is collected from 14,000 retail, mass merchant, and non-traditional (on-line stores, venues, digital music services, etc.) outlets in the United States, Canada, UK and Japan."

I am assuming the soundscan numbers you are seeing are from SoundScan.

14. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

With 1.4 million sold on day 1 already, they could sell 1 copy for the rest of the week and we should all still be happy.

15. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

As long as they can sell 1m on Oricon everyone is happy lol

16. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    they could literally sell 1,000,001 on the first day and everyone would be happy [hehe]

17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    @SorrowAir already posted a picture of the Billboard first day results, but here is a link.

http://www.billboard-japan.com/d_news/detail/44325/2

My favorite part: the reference to "flying get" sales. I know what the are, I just had never seen it in print before.
    SoundScan JapanによるCDシングル売上レポートによると、フライングゲットが可能な11月15日までの全国推定売上枚数が明らかになり、11月16日発売のAKB48のシングル『ハイテンション』が、1,382,398枚の売上枚数で140万枚に迫る勢いとなっている。

18. Minami_san

Minami_san Kenkyuusei

Well, about knbmb cause usually numbers/position are what people remember.

It won't matter in few years that be my baby initially had less hs days, the hs days were on terrible locations and they had the pic thing issue. And we are talking about the single with the biggest song since koisuru (365)

Anyway, I guess Akb needs the 1M sales thing to make the wotas happy. Maybe also to keep some relevance in the media. But 1M at 2011 was heaps more profitable than now. Heaps less members to have almost the same outcome.

19. marnchor

marnchor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    Either 365. Or TKMN fans feeling the need to buy one every time they pass by a stall, until she actually graduated.

20. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I think preordered copies are shipped the day before the first day. Mine shipped from Hong Kong on the 15th. I know Amazon in the US does this so they can deliver on the first day, and I expect Amazon Japan does the same.