Owada Nana (Naanya) / 15th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

She is AKB fans. She did attend the lastest HS event and she had tickets for Naanya, Mako, etc.

2. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    It's one thing after another for her.

And what's worse, it's all her own doing.
    It's actually fair to say she brought it upon herself.
    Both her and Nishino Miki frankly, and I like the two of them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Anyway, we don't know what happened, but imo Naanya never did or say something on camera that made me think that she is problematic or anything. For the people who think like this, it's just their impressions. in her first years in the group she was so cheerful and she took pictures with basically all members and talk about everyone, I was surprised at how easily she was friendly with others, which is why the situation in the past months surprised me (the fact that she has no close friends etc.). imo I think something happened around 2015 or so, it might be personal, it might be related to the group and career. she lost her motivation, maybe she had issues, no one knows... but I don't think it's related to her push. if graduation can make her happy again, then I'm glad she made this decision.

I just wish she won't dissapear completely and maybe still have a career. if she can get into a good agency that will take care of her, I really believe that she can manage herself and her image, and become successful. But this depends on what she wants, and if she can get into a good agency. Let's see...

This is such a waste, considering Naanya is the AKB new gen with the most active fanbase in other asian countries, like China or Korea. Her Baidu Bar is the one with most fans and posts (activity) for AKB new gens, and she also has a loyal korean fanbase. Those fans are so supportive too, they're great... It's sad that her career as idol is ending like this ;_; She has quite a lot of international fans/interest too, and of course in Japan. all of this in 3 years, after having the past year without any push. of course she has a lot of haters too LOL. imagine if she became ace/center I'm sure she would have a huge fanbase. the wasted potential ._.

Anyway, I hope Naanya and all the fans enjoy her last months in AKB and hopefully she can be cheerful again and maybe even have a career after AKB. ;_;

4. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    There's something about girls that get early push by AKS finding themselves breaking down from pressure

We have Kaoru, we have Paruru, we have Naanya.

Then we have the one who's still working tirelessly to make it work.
    Like Ryoha, Meru, Nako, Madoka, Yuria, Ryoka, three musketeer.

some crack, some don't.
    Mental strength and self discipline is the key.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mana

Mana Under Girls

2016/11/29 Owada Nana Graduation Announcement (FULL)

if the video does not show watch the video here

Here's the full video of Naanya's announcement. After she announced her grad, Nakata Chisato made a little speech for Naanya. She sounds a bit emotional ;_; I was wondering who's the girl crying and in the end we see it, it's Miyabi ;_; I think Naanya forgot to tell her maybe, Miyabi is crying a lot, aw T_T Naanya went to hug her at the end, cute! (and sad). T_T I think Miyabi really likes Naanya since long ago, they are friends <3 anyway, I like the Boku no Taiyou stage revival that they're doing, this is probably the only current stage that I enjoy watching~ I guess it's nice for Naanya to end with this. and seeing Yuiri next to her here makes me nostalgic when I remember Naanya's KKS days with team 4, and how Yuiri was the first senior who got close with Naanya, it was so cute, good times... ;_;

6. Kudostar

Kudostar Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    Hey hey don't drag meru into this one, she's fine anyway..HKT is lovely place. What naanya face for me is a far more bigger than only her getting chubbier like meru did (and she lost weight y'all) :banana::banana:

But this kinda makes me rember when she took a pic with HKT member,(kinda hope akiP transfer her for a new start lol) maybe what some of you said were true..maybe she really feel lonely. And it's understandable that every person has a different kind of retention towards pressure..she's still young after all. I just hope she will find her way to shine..

7. recursive

recursive Kenkyuusei

Like it or not, the situation is quite similar... Early push, become way way chubbier, push is dropped ...
    Meru still a frontline member though as HKT still don't have other members with stage presence/aura like her.

Naanya - Mion here like rewatching the story of Kanon - Shibata again,
    One got big big push so early, failed push, become chubbier, caught in a scandal with one of johnny's boys
    and the other one gained many fans and managed to get into AKB's senbatsu.

Interesting to see if there will be another episode, Ikumin - Narumi/YuiYui?

8. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Kanon-Shibata clearly leave a bit sweeter aftertaste though.

One leave after achieved lots of thing within her reach in idol world.
    The other one doesn't give up after the fall, and still struggling today.

I don't see it here.

9. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Tell that to the Paris Hilton and Kim/Cloe/any other of those Kardashian kids of the world. Lazy, bad attidude, no care. Check, check, check. Failures? If being some of the most recognizable names in the world considered failing, than sure. Not. At. All.

Wrong. It is just a phrase. An old and outdated one

A broken back will most often NOT kill you. But the VAST majority of the time it will weaken and/or disable you. Same with fat-shaming, and thin-shaming on the other end. Most often than not, it leads to very not strengtening. Especially young girls/women.

Then where the fuck is the ridicule for Miion. Same size as Naanya, and shorter.

Miion. Kojiharu. Non. The names are out there. Sure you can count the names on one hand, as someone said. If you have significantly more than ten fingers on each hand.

Man the hypocrisy of some statements.:fp:

It is more common with anorexia. But binging and purging (what Okada has been doing), can and will drop your blood-sugar levels to dangerous lows, aka hypoglycemia. No need for google. I just asked those I know who have been through it.

10. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Honestly, I don't think I've actually seen Miion since the TwI PV. Is she still any kind of frontgirl or did management drop her like a hot potato too? I swear I haven't heard anything about her since TwI.

11. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Rubbish

• Like Like x 1
  12. Silenka

Oh I just read in HT thread that Mion has been doing a bunch of stuff in front. Well, she's really unnoticeable to me but I never though Mion was that chubby. Some people seem to have chubby goggles though where they see it on girls it's not on. Of the ones people often cite I would only agree with Haruu (past tense), Naanya, Aigasa Moe, Meru and Mio. Maybe a few others I'm forgetting now. Point is it's not that common and I don't think Mion counts, or at least she didnt at the time of TwI. She might now, haven't really seen her. She's not one of the meme girls for it though which leads me to doubt it.

13. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Still pretty prominent in most AKB48 performances and events.

She is much the same around the waist as Naanya, just bigger boobs and butt.

14. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Absolutely not. Unless she suddenly got fat last week Mion is nothing near chubby.

15. kaisap112

kaisap112 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    I state that based on how horrifyingly skinny she's been through her career, the pride she took in getting thinner than Matsui Rena at one point, the faintings at performances...trust me, I'm not thin-shaming, I'm worried. Same for Okada Nana (who actually used the words "I vomited the food I ate" in her SSK speech and the documentary episode and in the doc said repeatedly that she's thought about graduation and had anxiety over food and getting fat during the filming of HT).

Good for you for being able to completely ignore the girls being human beings and not being perfect in every way and even having a capacity to develop mental disorders under pressure. As someone who's struggled with eating disorders for 9 years and counting I can't look at the fat-shaming on BINGO and go "hah hah yeah that's so funny!". Didn't even know there were jokes or memes about Okada Nana, but the jokes existing show people don't take things seriously, don't care or are just plain cruel for the hell of it. I suppose you love Yukiko Okada on the basis that she killed herself before ever becoming "fat" or publicly showing signs of problems, a.k.a. becoming a perfect idol for all eternity.

My apologies for trying to get anyone to understand that it's not all so simple and maybe even Naanya could have reasons other than "lack of discipline" or whatever for the things happening. Sorry for bringing up that they're all actual human beings who will have to carry whatever issues and burdens they develop/receive in the 48G for decades after they graduate, whether they caused them or management and so-called-fans decided that fat jokes about this girl are hilarious.

The Internet is no place for human decency I guess. :flower:

16. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    "Just because you guys aren't decent human beings and can't realise how HORRIFYINGLY SKINNY Jurina was"

You're like a caricature.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

she doesn't look as big around the waist plus she doesn't have fat arms like Naanya or chubbiness in her face.

Nice strawman argument because no-one is actually arguing from that position. It's easy to rant against what you think people are saying rather than what people are actually saying.

18. Silenka

A huge part of the idol business is girls (and guys too) having a marketable figure. You might be in the wrong fandom if you're that sensitive to it :^^;:

19. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Never, not once, have I said she was fat. Or even chubby.

20. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I didn't say you did.
    But you're wondering why no one is discussing Mion the way they're discussing Naanya.
    It's because Mion is not chubby, even by idol standards.