1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Furukawa Airi (Airin) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'SKE48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Jun 13, 2009.

1. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    FYI it wasn't sold out before. It was just preorder-able starting from 24 March, and you won't be able to preorder after the 31st. In the about section of the site it says that it only ships domestically.

Sadly I'm late for those events by only a few days. I'd have loved to meet her.

2. kenchanayoh

kenchanayoh Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    it is available on amazon jp

3. chiuwy

chiuwy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
  4. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Bummer

5. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I submitted a complaint in the contact section. I suggest those interested do so as well. Airin wrote that they added international shipping due to demand. Perhaps a similar result can be achieved if we ask them to accept foreign credit cards.

6. infinitehippos

infinitehippos Member

Due to a fluke of luck I managed to get a copy of the book of collected chibi airin comics (with sticker sheet). Was buying something else at Shosen in Akihabara and they had just had a delivery of them (the box was sitting opened but not unpacked on the counter at the checkout) so I grabbed one quick :)

From a flick through so far it looks good

7. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I'm wondering if there is a kind soul who has two copies of the book and is willing to scan it. I already read most of it and I think it is easy to translate, however I only have a single copy and my scanner is terrible. I haven't found any online scans of it, but if no one else has it I could buy another one to unbind and scan.

8. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    I've translated the manga (prologue + 9 chapters) here.

I'll mirror my post in the spoiler below as well:
    Here is the translation of Airin’s manga, Chibi Airin Would Like To Speak About…

In it Chibi Airin talks about her interests with her sidekick Eraserman. It’s cute, endearing, and a pleasant read.

I have only translated the prologue and first nine chapters, which were published on Comic Walker in installations. The reason for doing so is that Baidu was the only place I could find the chapters. The fans there translated the digital chapters into Chinese, so I had to work from these Chinese translated pages. Just to be clear, I own the book so I simply removed the Chinese text and translated from Japanese to English.

The drawback from doing this is that I wasn’t able to keep Japanese sfx as they had been removed by those translators, however the pages are in colour, as opposed to being black and white like in the physical copy. I omitted a few sfx translations as I felt they couldn’t convey an adequate meaning in English.

The last two chapters and epilogue are not translated as they are only found in the book. Perhaps I will do them later if scans arise, however for now I ask that anyone who enjoyed this buy the book in order to support the artist. The easiest place for foreigners is amazon.

This was my first time doing this and I’d like to thank everyone who helped me in any way, especially the Chinese fans for doing this in the first place and allowing me to use their work. I’ll apologize for any mistakes and would be glad if you reported any to me. I’m also sorry if some of the sfx or text is unpleasant for your eyes, I am bad at making text align well.

Links:

Imgur

.rar file

• Like Like x 2
  9. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    OH MY GOD THANKS!!!!!!

10. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    @jaylitt I saw your tumblr post, thanks ^_^ Many, many thanks. (If it's possible, can you translate Churi's message on the sleeve?)

11. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    I initially wanted to translate it but it's a good thing @jaylitt picked it up because I've been so busy it may never have got finished. :^^;:
    We actually have a few pages of PMs where he breezed through the scanlation faster than I could've translated anyway lol.
    I haven't read the final version yet, but glad if I was of some help with the little things.

12. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    @KashiwagiFan4Life I will once I fix my scanner. She basically asks Airin when the hell she's going to do a chapter on birds.

13. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Airin has started an ameba blog. It seems like she will be drawing 4coma and uploading them there.
    I've translated it here.
    blog1-1.png
    blog1-2.png
    blog1-3.png
    blog1-4.png
    Ameblo 16/10/15

So I’ve started a blog.

My name is Furukawa Airi.

I currently work as an illustrator.

I’ll be uploading drawings of everyday events here.

※It’s actually just a diary of my hobbies!

Manga, anime, UFOs, aliens, mushrooms, kids shows, zombies, cute girls, etc etc.

I have a premonition that I’ll talk a lot about my hobbies…

I’ll try my best so that my drawings can be enjoyed as much as possible.

I think you’ll be able to follow this blog at your own pace and think to yourself, “That person is spending their time like that huh.”

Pleased to meet you m(__)m

Furukawa Airi

14. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Two more blogs, two more comics.

blog2-1.png blog2-2.png blog2-3.png blog2-4.png
    My favourite T-shirt is my Romance of the Three Kingdoms “Geh! Guan Yu” shirt.

(Apparently this is a common reaction in Okoyama Mitsuteru’s manga adaptation of the R3K when Guan Yu enters the field of battle and catches an opponent off guard)

I wonder if the day will ever come where I’ll be able to remark, “What a fashionable article from XX~”

Thank you for the many comments on my blog!

I would have never expected so many!

Really, thank you so much!

I’ll read them all m(_ _)m

If there’s something I want to joke about I’ll make an update, so make sure to take another look(*‘ω’*)

This has been Furukawa who doesn’t know what to wear since it’s been warm and cold recently.

blog3-1.png blog3-2.png blog3-3.png blog3-4.png
    Ameblo 16/10/24

Influence

That’s right.

I went to see the movie “Kimi no Na wa.”

(Those who haven’t yet seen it should definitely try to)

After watching a movie or something I’m always left with a lingering affect and I fantasize about things like “What if I was the protagonist?”

Stuff like…

“What if I could use the force here…”

“What if I could use magic here…”

“I’ll exterminate youuu!” [Seems like a Shingeki no Kyojin reference]

Fantasizing is fun!!!☆

So I had a dream while being hopelessly influenced by “Kimi no Na wa.”

It’s got a spoiler in it so I won’t write about it lol

I’m easily-influenced-man.

I wonder what I’ll be influenced (affected?) by tomorrow.

This was Furukawa who can’t get the song Zen Zen Zense out of her head.

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Hey, thanks for this. It's awesome. Good job :approve:
    Looks like Airin is going for her dream full throttle. I'm glad for her.

16. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Blog #4:

blog4-1.png blog4-2.png blog4-3.png blog4-4.png
    Ameblo 16/11/06

People’s Conversations

I wonder who those people talking about NASA could possibly be…

I’m overhearing conversations right now as well.

(I’m presently doing my work at a café)

I’m looking forward to the day when I’ll overhear people say

“To tell you the truth, I’m from the future.”

“Actually, I’m an alien.”

So I’ll continue doing my work at a café.

Everyone! Let’s pay close attention to what people are talking about!

People will probably laugh at the weird person who is drawing!

This is Furukawa Airi who is scared that the people around here recently think she smells when they are walking on a street where ginkgo seeds are falling.

She's expressed a desire to meet aliens, so I wonder if NASA is onto her yet.

17. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
  18. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Blog #5:

blog5-1.png blog5-2.png blog5-3.png blog5-4.png

19. jaylitt

jaylitt Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugawaramaya
    Twitter:
    nickjaylitt
    Airin is releasing her second manga book on April 1st. (Congratulations!) Here is the news from her Twitter:

Let me know if there's a translation of the title you prefer, I just went with that for the time being.

20. Jovan Jankovic

Jovan Jankovic Kenkyuusei

Hi, I'm an on and off 48 Group fan but I started watching all the old stuff first recently and I have a question. I recently watched a Youtube fan edit video that was a kitbash of various clips that Airin was featured in, and I came across a clip where she appears to be staring in a drama solo. At one point in the clip she appears on a theater stage dressed as a maid carrying a bazooka and surrounded by Kamen Raider like characters, and waiting in the wings of the stage was a teenage boy and a bunch of old dudes. And the next cut scene was her in the maid outfit and the boy sitting on the edge of the stage talking, all best friend like with a little underlying romance vibe, you know. Judging by how she looked, this would have been very early in SKE history, maibey even before she joined SKE, so around 2009-2011 period.
    Can anyone tell me the name of the drama and the episode it was. Here's the link to the fan video
    if the video does not show watch the video here, and the clip starts around 6:02 minutes.
    Thanks

P.S. Sorry for the long post.