1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[General] The AKB48 Team SH Thread

Discussion in 'General Team SH Discussion' started by Kappa, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Edit: Please do not turn this thread in to bash China or Japan vs China. I had get mod involved because of racist comments previously.

Yesterday AKB members Mayu, Izuta and Sayaya went to Shanghai for a press conference and fan appreciation. They announced the creation of AKB48 China.

if the video does not show watch the video here

I can't read Chinese so I just used google translate. If someone can provide accurate translations that would be great.

[情報]今日上海AKB48新聞發佈會上,宣佈成立“AKB48 China”,並且宣佈幾個計劃
    1.與大陸公司,媒體合作拍網劇
    2. 綠地集團將在中國為AKB興建“中國劇場”
    3. 為中國市場推出全新手機遊戲,預計明年夏天推出
    資料來源:http://m.weibo.cn/u/3926472191

[News] Today Shanghai Akb48 Press Conference, announced the creation of "Akb48 China" and announced a few plans
    1. Mainland Companies, with the cooperation of the media network drama filming
    2. Green group will be in China for the construction of the " China Akb theater
    3. for the Chinese market has launched a new mobile game, is expected to launch the next summer
    Source: http://m.weibo.cn/u/3926472191

Seems they have not given up on the Chinese market. Although I'm not sure if new group will be full of Chinese members or filled with AKB members.

edit: Official Weibo's (credit to onego123)

AKB48 China: https://m.weibo.cn/u/5958250307?uid=5958250307&luicode=10000011&lfid=1076036395178860
    AKB48 China Team SH: https://m.weibo.cn/u/6395178860?uid=6395178860&luicode=10000011&lfid=1076035958250307

15400914_1180782638642246_275353165720342133_n.jpg 15400363_1180782608642249_2355314061174076195_n.jpg ea0935ffgw1falnfwcqorj20go0m8q4l.jpg 005AkybYly1falzpsrorpj31400qok440.jpg 005AkybYly1falzprie85j31400qotk00.jpg 005AkybYly1falzpqrmvzj31410qo4aq0.jpg

Last edited: May 28, 2018
  2. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'll never understand why the same people who created the 48 franchise, have been stripped from using the name SNH48 even though it was something they created? So confusing. AKB48 China just sounds so lame lol.
    If anything, i guess the best option for them would be to have AKB48 auditions for AKB48 China, and have those girls be signed to AKS and promote in china, so that they don't basically lose all their members and name.

3. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    This is so weird XD But I guess they really wanted to take back that market... It will me rough, though, with SNH48 and all. Is it really a sister group or just a way to promote the 48G in mainland China? Because all they seem to have announced is the theater....

4. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    I'm kind of confused about this as well lol. I can understand their desire to take the Chinese-market back, but I feel like SNH48 is already established and they have sister groups now (and still growing) so I don't think many would care?? The 48/46-groups do great in Japan anyways~

5. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

It's understandable they want to expand to the Chinese market. China is a giant market, and AKB has already saturated Japan. Dunno if they will succeed but I hope they learned from their mistakes. It's messy considering SNH is already there. I wonder if Chinese fans prefer local or AKB. I know there are alot of AKB fans in Indonesia despite the presence of JKT. For me the charm of 48 group is lost in local groups lol.

6. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    Assuming this is part of the same project, back in April there were already some news of plans to actively promote AKB and other Japanese sister groups in China. It mentioned a collaboration with a net distribution platform called Kuku Music and the involvement of China's fund for entertainment enterprises.
    In all likelihood, the theater is going to be a venue where AKB will hold performances during their overseas trips, while the efforts will be directed at legally exporting pre-existing AKB media in mainland China and distributing them through said net service.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
  7. victoria1

victoria1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukuchirena
    Nice video.

8. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    This messy drama between AKS and SB (CHN48 management) is so complicated.
    Now, i don't understand, what is the relationship between AKB48 with SNH48? Are they still sister group?
    Well, AKS said SNH48 wasn't sister group anymore because of contract infringement but on the other hand, SNH48 still insisted they didn't do anything like that.
    So confusing. Then, why don't AKS bring this to the court or something to stop SB to using "48" brand, songs, and concept instead of making (possibly) a rival group to get back the China market?
    Anyone kind enough to explain this messy drama between them?

9. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    Because they know they're dealing with China?

I believe the idea behind AKB48 China is this: "We may have lost SNH, but we're the officially licensed product and we're the ones that your people want".

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    This going to be very awkward for SNH fans heh, and more money to spent if they support both groups lol

11. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    So, is this turning to politics with Japan vs China?
    AKS doesn't brave enough to oppose SB?

12. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    No. Just business as usual in China. They can be real....... selective.... about which copyright laws they adhere to. Take them to court in China, you will most likely lose. Take them to court in your country, they will just ignore any ruling against them. Shitty? Yep.

13. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

SB have been producing their songs way before the break up so they don't have to use AKB's song...and the ones they still do they already paid the royalty fee so they should be allow to sing them.

And is 48's main concept even copyrighted? There are several jpop groups, and even kpop, that use the theatre concept, have request hour, or have election process and AKS never did anything about them. Kamen Joshi have theater and just did a request hour. Kpop's IOI came from Produce 101 show was compared to AKB and they had election. When SM's NCT plan came out, lots of people compare them to AKB's

14. Kappa

Kappa Kenkyuusei

Lets not turn this in to a political battle.

What he was trying to say is that Copyright laws in China are not held in the same regard as most other countries.

15. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Well, shitty bussiness for AKS.

i'm not trying to turn this to political battle. Yes, i get his point.

Well, then the last problem is the "48" brand.

16. mochichan

mochichan Kenkyuusei

Is the 48 thing also copyrighted...like no groups are allow to put that specific number in their name? SNH and AKB both deny and stopped associating each others so SNH is not including themselves as part of JPN48 brand.

17. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    So...I'm very confused. Is AKB48 China gonna be like a theater for AKB girls to perform for Chinese fans? Or is this a totally different group? :confused:
    Or do I have it all wrong?? o_O

18. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I guess they will announce the audition soon. Yuihan mentioned it before and of course AKB48 China needs more kks. :)

I can't believe that some guys still say AKS is petty. This is their business. Who don't want to expand their business in China? [hehe]

I think SB is worse when they did shitty things to stop AKB48 China. More drama, more fun, you know. [hehe]

19. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    This is really weird and awkward. They cut ties with SNH, but now they're trying to start a competing group? When SNH has already spread to a bunch of other cities too?

20. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

That's why their relationship was broken. [hehe]