Single AKB48 46th [High Tension] (16/11/16)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Sep 15, 2016.

1. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    It is also at the website that begins with 48.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They are still disgustingly horrible.

For real, this single has had the worst costumes ever in the history of AKB.

Shinobu, get your s*** together. :hmm:

4. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

And yet they are still nowhere near as loud and obnoxious as NMB's usual costumes :^O^:

5. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Those toilet paper roll outfits were worse than anything on this single. And those are not the bottom of the barrel. I love HKT, but the Suki Suki Skip PV outfits were terribad. And then they have this....

burnthesesoufits.jpg

6. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
  7. kyoto48☀︎☂

kyoto48☀︎☂ Member

Shinobu has almost always had horrible fashion sense. If there's ever any example of someone doing way too much when something simpler is miles better, it's her on practically everything she's done in the last 5 years. At this point it's like she's run out of ideas and just throws random shit together. I don't know if she designs the 46g uniforms too or not, but they are much better. If she does, it's probably because she has limitations on what she can do, i.e. her horrible fashion sense is usually put in check.
    I don't like Kpop more than akb, but but I really wish akb wore more simple uniforms like a lot of kpop artists do.

8. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Almost every J-idol costumes are old fashioned and excessive, I dont really put much hope is them being fashionable. They are kinda stuck puffy skirts since the beginning of time which are outdated AF. Sometimes they made nice (but still outdated) outfits, sometimes they are just bad

46G are much more tamed in terms of style than AKB does, thats why they always have long dress uniforms hence limits the creativity with their image.

Kpop usually uses in-trend fashionable clothes and fit them into a themed outfits for the group. Thats why you see high profile groups performing in Givenchy, YSL, Gucci blah blah blah all the time. Even if they are tailor-made, the style still follows fashion trends.

9. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Japanese idols dressed nicely until ~1985, when there was already an established image for idols. Things started going over-the-top after Yukiko died and when Onyanko Club debuted. But Onyanko weren't still as gaudy as AKB. I see 46G clothes and image as Aki-P trying to go back to that "true everyday girl" image that Onyanko had and that made him gain popularity (and a wife lol), especially through Keyakizaka. They look a lot more "normal" than Nogi.
    I don't know if that's the reason but I think Aki-P is putting more of himself in 46G group right now than in AKB. They look like they were left behind at this point, and it reflects on their image... But I guess this is more of a discussion for that "is AKB past the peak" thread.

10. Aka

Aka Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaguchi "Tenshi" Nagisa
    In Shinobu's defence, she had to create thousands of different costumes over the years and some of the songs had more than one. What I question is some of the choices for certain songs. For instance, Kokoro no Placard should have been a celebration of the biggest prize there is in the group... and she gave Mayuyu "that".

11. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    :p glad somebody pointed that out.
    High Tension costumes are far better than Kokoro no Placard. (The music video and live outfits were terrible beyond words. . )

Even a top rated designer runs out of ideas eventually. So it can't be helped. Yet I wonder where she got the ideas for the costumes for KNP.

12. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Is she definitively the one designing all the costumes? I thought AKB used to get its costumes from Kyoto University art students thanks to some connections AkiP had.

Just seems to me like she couldn't design ALL their costumes AND help them dress AND fix their costumes when they rip/stuff falls off of them AND perform her duties in the position she took over from Togasaki. Is this not a case of ascribing to her all the work, rather like everyone blames AkiP when a song is musically not very good even though he doesn't write the music?

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

AKB48's 46th Single (High Tension) (4th Week Sales)
    Week 4:
    3,628 (1,202,533) (30th)

14. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Nah, Shinobu definitely has a small team of designers working for her. Designing the insane amount of costumes AKB needs on a regular basis and having them done with an acceptable amount of craftsmanship requires a well organized team and good relationships with contractors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

What I do think is that she does the basic design or at least design one costume and let her team do the rest of the costumes.
    Of course I don't think all of the costumes are 100% her idea, but most of it probably hers.

16. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

She probably has more input for things like PVs and so on.

Thing is, why are some costumes just used for PVs and then thrown in a closet?
    The ones for Hight Tension were great in the video, but then we get this puffy stuff?

I know it's something we have to deal with in any Jpop act, but daaaaaaaaaaamn, I get jealous of the 46ers getting such great costumes and AKB getting...

1393658_10151963859449785_1211835820_n.jpg

:^^;:

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I'm not a costumier but I'm guessing that pv costumes are designed specifically for appearance and not to be worn time and time again. Also they're probably not designed for quick changes like costumes for stages/concerts.

18. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

But they did use the ones in the PV for some performance, although they modify them a little

19. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Is the shinobu designer mogi shinobu in akb48???

20. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    No, they means this kayano shinobu 280px-ChinoAKB.jpg the main stylist of akb48... The one you confuse for is this mogi shinobu 280px-MogiShinobu2016.jpg