1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

To be honest, I'd really love to see MNL48 as a group who completes each other. You know. Like a puzzle, building and helping each other in improving their Weak spots since Nobody is perfect but everybody has the capacity to improve. And I really want to see girls who are really passionate about performing. AND I want to see fresh smilessss :)

Sent from my HUAWEI Y511-U10 using Tapatalk

2. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

Background checks are a given. As to what type and how deep the checking will be is of course, anybody's guess.

Sent from my SM-J100ML using Tapatalk

3. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Yup... Definitely... Because the idol scene is like a showbiz for me... And others makes bashed if someone makes wrong or NG scandal... I hope some applicants are aware on that part...

4. ooioo

ooioo Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    yamashitaemiri
    Just got back after a long time and got to read some posts here.

I'll just rest my case into that. It's going to be a tough road ahead for HH. I wish they'd be a
    trojan horse and acquire a local firm here to widen their reach. TV network GMA is open for sale, by the way.

I appreciate them being open to fans, bringing AKB48 here, but at the end of the day, this is all a business endeavor. The formula appeasing to fans of the mother franchise does not necessarily translate to appeasing would-be fans of the local one.

With the way Pinoys behave, not sure how many of those 1M likes will turn into a pot of gold.

This is the flaw with vote-based rankings. Online-based votes, which can be rigged in one way or the other, is in no way a barometer for popularity. I have no beef with the top girl right now but appearing so suddenly at the top, makes you question what makes this ranking a useful metric.

And, just how many of these voters will actually turn into paying patrons when MNL48 comes into fruition other than being vote fodder for the sake of this ranking?

Was BNK48 announced first or MNL48? Because if it's the latter, I'm seriously thinking what is wrong with the system now.

A perfect balance will do for me. You can be a brilliant singer/dancer but if your PR/face value/tenacity/"it" factor sucks, your career's quickly done for. Let's face it. How many in the local circuit lasted banking on technical skill alone? That's where good managers will come into play.

Vocal range... It depends... AKB48 songs are done as a group, so you need to act as a group, like a choir, balancing each other's voices out.

For the personality, I'd say, I hate weaboos.

This is first generation MNL48. Do you want your franchise to thrive and project a good image? Unless you want to thrive and be a hit by mudslinging, which I obviously think is a formula AKS wouldn't allow...

Background checks could be:

Location - Will the entrants be available when they're called for the auditions/practices/promotions proper? Are you willing to relocate to Manila out-of-pocket should we pick you (if HH Will not shoulder relocation fees for out-of-Metro Manila
    entrants?)

Guardian/Parent's Consent: Will their parents/guardians allow their entry? Most of these girls can still be considered minors.

Social Media Activity: Not sure how much of a background check they will do for this but I honestly think that they will have to factor this in.

Willingness for paying training fees: Not sure if training fees might be implemented but some Japanese idol groups have training lessons that are not for free.

One thing I've noticed that I've pointed out in this thread is that, I could see a number of
    entrants being half-Japanese. While we've seen pockets of entrants from other franchises being of half-Japanese ancestry or expat Japanese at their own right, I could see somehow that first generation MNL48 may have a sizeable half-Japanese contingent.

With this said, I surmise most of them will have "legal" connections to Japan and may
    actually have a working know-how of the language. We've actually seen a girl from one of the overseas franchises make a transfer to AKB48 and while she is full Japanese herself (Nozawa Rena) a girl tranferring from one overseas franchise to another is possible and stakes could be higher if the "link to Japan" is alive and active.

With this in mind, is there a possibility that some girls might think using MNL48 as a stepping stone for AKB48? If so, do you think we'd see restrictions from half-Japanese applicants in the future?

Edited for spacing

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

BNK48 audition began in July. First round was from July 29 to August 31 (one month).
    I think MNL48 system has something wrong because they haven't finished 1st round yet.

6. meh

meh Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I see, thanks! Would they also check about your family? Ex. If your parents are separated or etc. Family problems etc. Because im quite scared if it would turn out like pbb.

7. onego123

onego123 Member

I have a question. Since so many young girls want the age limit to change to include younger girls I was wondering how the average everyday Filipino (that doesn't listen to JPop) would react if a bunch of prepubescent girls (lets say 11-14) debuted in a girl group. How would the reaction be? I'm an American so I have no idea.

8. dunkindonato

I doubt that. Any background check will likely be focused kn whether you have existing contracts that would prevent them from signing you. Also maybe a medical history since training is tough.

That won't be an issue since Philippine law does not allow those below 15 to join so a lower bracket isn't possible at the moment.

9. onego123

onego123 Member

I know that, but I was wondering about it hypothetically.

10. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    IMO, it would depend on the image of the group.

Opinions on a girl group with a bunch of prepubescent members may range from seeing them as talented wonder kids to annoying tweens trying to be cute.

Having them do gravure or dance and sing songs like "my school uniform is getting in the way" would definitely be deemed scandalous.

• Like Like x 1
  11. mary grace coronel

mary grace coronel Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    i have a question when will the physical audition happen

12. ChipsDelight

ChipsDelight Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    No news yet.

13. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Im still waiting for updates uwu. I feel like giving up but my heart says no. This is so frustratinggg

14. dunkindonato

Why would you give up just because the audition is moving slower than we expected?

15. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Noooo that's not the reason! It's more like I'm getting depressed. Maybe because of exams are on going. Im dyiiiing. My brain gives upppp. Well I wont give up even if my brain says so xD

16. luccivalez

luccivalez Kenkyuusei

Selection is not yet happening and yet you're having those thoughts already. How much more if you get accepted and training starts. Brain is dead because of school, body is dead because of training and emotions is low because of the scolding of the mentors and etc. Dear you're qualified to be casted as zombie in the walking dead, congratulations.

17. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Well, the main reason I'm being so negative is all because being absent in class for a month and they call it 'excused' for representing the school and such. But I see no insentives ;-; and it's hard to catch up with math. Basically I'm a zombie for studying 2 days now. Maybe I'll be brain dead. But thanks for the comment! I appreciate it. Maybe it's bad to be so negative sometimes _(._.)_ All I know is I'm doing a good job catching up! Thumbs up for that! *^O^*

18. dunkindonato

Being an idol isn't just a job: it's a commitment. If you do get in, you need to really want it to stay in it, even if that means having to deal with all the school stuff. But that is for the future. For now focus on your studies and don't think about the audition just yet.

19. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

Okay! Thanksss. But next week I'm excused again. God bless me!

20. Cyph

Cyph Kenkyuusei

The group is divided into three teams: M N & L and follow a ranking system similar to that of AKB48. The MNL48 ranking system comprises of a Center Girl, Super 7, Selections (all-stars), Under Girls, Next Girls, Future Girls and Kenkyusei (trainees).

They changed something in the "What's MNL48" section ●ω● They added that^

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.