1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

3rd Gen Thread

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by emiche., Jan 16, 2017.

1. Nuneul

Nuneul Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    I have mixed opinions on Momoppi. she's sure really cute, and has potential. once she would have come out of her shell, she might quickly become a fan favorite. in the other hand, she doesn't look at all like a Sakamichi member, and would be surely more suited to be in a cute/orthodox idol group. once again, we don't know much about 3rd gen yet ; my judgement is solely based on her looks for the moment.

2. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Not sure what this means. I think her looks are in line with the rest of the members. And cuteness is always an idol attribute that goes a long way. But you're right we don't know much yet except for...
    ... the latest 48Show!!

That was awesome! Great to see 3rd gen getting more exposure. I liked their version of Inochi; their freshness makes it. Now when are we getting subs?

3. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    They were really good for Inochi ! I can't wait to see more live perf from them

Okay the 17th single has been announced. What would you want for the 3rd gen in this single ? And what do you expect ?

4. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Anyone know if and how they'll participate in HS events for the 17th single? If they do participate, will they do it individually or as a group or duo?

Anyone who had been around for the 2nd gen's inaugural foray into HS events, how did that work? Did they participate in Girl's Rule HS which is after the time they were introduced?

I'd like to compare and contrast the 2 generations considering there's no 2nd gen thread (yet).

5. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    This is what it looked like for the 6th single (using 10th round)

N6-2.png N6-2b.png

They had 12 slots each and shook hands in pairs.

These are the final results published (at least that I could find)
    09/12 Hori Miona
    05/12 Kitano Hinako
    03/12 Ito Junna
    03/12 Ito Karin
    02/12 Suzuki Ayane
    02/12 Terada Ranze
    02/12 Yada Risako
    02/12 Yamazaki Rena
    02/12 Nishikawa Nanami
    01/12 Sasaki Kotoko
    01/12 Watanabe Miria
    01/12 Yonetoku Kyouka
    01/12 Shinuchi Mai

Then they got absorbed normally by the 7th single, Barrette.

In Hiragana's case, for Keyaki's 2nd single
    they got 25 slots between them. Sharing each slot between 2 or 3 members they got 5 slots each.
    k2.jpg

Then for the third single, they got 6 individual slots each, increasing if they sold them all
    And for those not watching, they sold pretty well. Excerpt from EinhanderX's report from yesterday:
    14. (14.) 12/12 (+00) Katou Shiho (Sold out 5th round)
    14. (14.) 12/12 (+00) Saito Kyouko (Sold out 5th round)
    18. (18.) 06/06 (+00) Sasaki Mirei (Sold out 10th round)
    24. (25.) 09/12 (+03) Kakizaki Memi (No more open slot)
    24. (24.) 09/12 (+01) Takamoto Ayaka (No more open slot)
    27. (25.) 08/12 (+02) Kageyama Yuuka
    28. (25.) 07/12 (+01) Sasaki Kumi
    28. (25.) 07/12 (+01) Ushio Sarina
    30. (30.) 04/06 (+00) Higashimura Mei (No more open slot)
    Takase Mana (total 5) and Iguchi Mao (total 6) didn't sell any though.

I expect we'll get something close to Hiragana than Nogizaka's 2nd gen.
    It's the same group of managers, and they're constantly growing and learning.

6. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    ^ Now I see where Miona gets to be the lead of 2nd gen.

Either way they do this, here's to hoping that 3rd gen sells well.

7. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Ideally it would be nice to see 66 slots.
    They get 11 each and each possible pair is made.
    And divided across 6 events, there's 11 slots per event, so each girl is at each event once, and 10 girls are at each event twice.
    Also each girl is only not at an event once.
    Very equal.

As so:
    BA CA DA EA FA GA
    DC DB EB FB GB HB
    FE GE FC GC HC IC
    HG HF JG HD ID JD
    JI KI KH IE JE KE
    LK LJ LI JF KF LF
    CB EC GD KG LG HA
    ED FD HE LH IA IB
    GF IG IF JA JB JC
    IH JH KA KB KC KD
    KJ LA LB LC LD LE

Or you could add one slot per event, have each member work an extra slot (go by friendship or popularity (i.e. most popular with least popular (by predictions), 2nd most with 2nd least, and so on)
    That way they get to participate at each event twice.

Might be a bit much but I like it this way.

8. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Anyhow, anyway. I really can't wait for them to really start meeting their fans. They're gonna surprise us all.

In other 3rd gen news, Kubo Shiori on the latest 3rd gen blog post: http://blog.nogizaka46.com/third/2017/01/036693.php hints at some of the '3 nin no principal' would be. Looks like the second part of the show sees the 12 whittled down to 3 members. Similar to the other principals. Ooo. Sounds rough, but it seemed all members had gone through that type of selection before and the 3rd gen can do it as well.

9. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I remembered that @kanjo went through all the trouble to translate their first blog posts for us. It could get lost in its original posting on the general Nogizaka thread, so I'll quote it and post it here so we can refer it for all posterity. Thanks @kanjo!

10. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Thanks, yeah I should've put it here! I think I planned to then forgot...

11. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    No problem, I was just re-reading them all at your tumblr and thought that they should go into the 3rd gen thread so I put it there. Hopefully, this will make others start reading their blogs. I look forward to each of their post.

12. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

So how will this work? Are 3rd gens in under songs ? Will they get their own song ?

My opinion about 3rd gen:
    No one stands out to me. I know you will say "give them time". I instantly fell in love with Nogi members after debut and now even more. They are meh. And Inochi center was also meh.

She looked really really stiff compared to other 3rd gens and completly without emotions in the performance.

13. Generic_User

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I can't foresee how management will use the 3rd gens. They may follow how they did the 2nd gen and slowly promote them until 2 years later when whomever is left as kenkyuusei gets a promotion at the birthday live. Or they may follow hiragana Keyaki and give them a song and immediately promote them in the next single. Who knows outside of management? We'll have to wait and see.

I think everyone is wondering if they are going to be in the 17th single because the size of the senbatsu left the UG with only 12 members, so that's where the speculation of promotion of 3rd gen comes in. My opinion is that it is too early for them. UG size for Hatsukoi no Hito on the 7th single was 13 members, so a small UG contingent has been done before. I believe it will only last for 1 single, and by the 18th we'll start seeing 3rd gen promotions. Of course, I may be wrong; I have no clue when it comes to idols...

As for your opinion, you're entitled to it. For me, though, since 3rd gen is basically the members who I'll get to see grow into idols, I'm way excited to follow them. I became a Nogizaka46 fan in late 2015 so the history for the 1st and 2nd gens have already been established. I'm oshiing the hell out of 3rd gen because I want to experience the history they make. I saw their SHOWROOM lives. I happily cheered their selection in September. I love reading their blog entries even though google translate mangles them. I think each of them will bring something to Nogizaka46 and will make the group better. I'll say this for Ozono (Inochi center), she'll get there eventually.

14. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

Small Under unit would be great too. Unders never disappoint. Hoping for Rotti center this time. Thanks for repecting my opinion. I respect yours too. Well I guess in +6 years almost all 2nd and 1st gen will be gone. So it's uninviteable. There was something perfect about Nogizaka though.

It's like the universe brought these members together.

So many personalities. Here so far I don't feel anything. Rather disapointed by center. Maybe it's their age, but I don't like cuteness. Well I hope they will convince me in the future

15. emiche.

emiche. Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    Give them a chance. They just debuted let's see in a year or two the center might change nothing is written in marble.
    For me at first and still with some members it's the 2nd gen that I don't think is on par with the 1st gen. And I think that's why a lot of them have never been in any single's senbatsu. But that's my opinion.

This photoshoot is good ! Nanase looks like Yuki's mother ahah

tumblr_oklozdswqi1sr2ibxo1_1280.jpg tumblr_oklozdswqi1sr2ibxo2_1280.jpg tumblr_oklozdswqi1sr2ibxo4_1280.jpg

Also Misa and Momoko

tumblr_oklcd0kKFS1ueloi8o1_1280.jpg

And Ikoma and Zukki

tumblr_oklc1rQwM61ueloi8o1_1280.jpg

Some 3rd gen in MARQUEE

3rdgenmarquee.jpg

That's a good frontline for the 3rd gen :)

16. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    zukki resemblance ikuchan with that hairstyle. plus i think she has that nogi vibe. probably needs more time to bloom.

17. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    While I respect your opinion, when I see your opinions on the 3rd gen I can't help but think you're overlooking some things.
    First is that you probably saw the first and second generations for the first time on Nogidoko or Nogibingo. But with the 3rd gen you've only seen a pre-variety performance.
    The 3rd gen haven't had that opportunity yet, and it's naturally a bit of a disadvantage.
    Also, I'm pretty sure you said you haven't been following Nogi since the 2nd gen debut. I think your perspective is a bit different as a result.
    Your opinion is still valid and you have no obligation to give the 3rd gen more time, but I think you could possibly grow to accept them more if you considered the different perspective you have looking at them contrasted with the earlier gens.
    Maybe, anyway.
    Sorry if I seem pushy or dismissive, if I do it's not intentional.

18. eseneting

eseneting Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xuyangyuzhuo
    zukki kinda looks like maeda atsuko lmao gtg

19. ranze

ranze Kenkyuusei

No problem. I mean from the first time I saw them I got interested. Here isn't anything. I got to know their names after watching Nogibingo. I knew they were there. Just not what they were called. Rotti alone was so interesting, because of her hair, dance moves, camera flirt.

20. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    A bit late but I really like the 3rd gen Inochi performance. Props to them for singing live and they sound really good for a newbie, the dance is also on point for the most part. And Momoko did a great job as center. She always has this cute image on photoshoot, so kinda surprised she can carry cool expression really well. Now she just need to be more confident in speaking. Maybe variety show can help her.

I really have great hope for 3rd gen, just hope that mgmt don't mess them up like they did to 2nd gen.