1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The SNH48 Thread

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by sikanwan, Apr 21, 2012.

1. Weiweiwei99999

Weiweiwei99999 Kenkyuusei

hmm, are we watching the same thing? I would say they got about half a minute to 40 seconds of screen but that's very dispersed through the show. It includes the opening, ending, and interview portions in between, but you had to recognize the members though. As for appearance, it's good enough since it's more than expected for this year and gives a huge boost to whatever activities they do. Not everyone can get on the Gala, being the first mainland girl idol group to go on it in over a decade is still impressive, especially when they are far behind the popularity of tfboys.

2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Probably not. I was watching a 4 hour broadcast on my local Chinese station (with CCTV4 in the upper left). I just replayed the Shanghai portion. They went to Shanghai and JJ and Coco for about 30 seconds total at the 3:46 mark. That was followed by an outside shot of the river and building lights. Then there was a male singer (from what appeared to be another stage without 上海 up in the corner). Then there were 3 minutes of commercials followed by Chinese opera. The end.

There was no interview portion, but perhaps they were part of the people popping up behind the singer that followed the opening.

Edit: Given that Coco Lee does on-air promotions for my local station, you wouldn't think that they would cut her section down.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
  3. Highstonius

Highstonius Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    [​IMG]

A comedy called Almost Perfect Love Actually starred by Zhang Yuge and some BEJ members is just available online. It's SNH's first feature film.

4. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Hu Bowen & Qing Yuwen from Team B.

5. appetizer8088

appetizer8088 Kenkyuusei

Somebody has implied that the upcoming 4th Senbatsu Election will have 66 seats, rather than 16, 32, 48...

6. Weiweiwei99999

that's because 64 is poltically sensitive, as it relates to the Tiananmen incident. Especially in association with the word "election".

7. kirashogun

kirashogun Kenkyuusei

How are they going to divide up the groups? 3 groups of 22? 6 groups of 11? Doesn't quite divide into 4....

http://www.snh48.com/html/allnews/zixun/2017/0206/2118.html

New SNH valentine photo album collectable out for preorder. 1 in 4 chance of a photo voucher. Sorted by team.

Not sure about the price. Problem impossible to get overseas like all other SNH merchandise. :(

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2017
  8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
  9. Raizy

Raizy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    probably 16 16 16 18.

10. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
  11. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

Recently I was on Youtube checking for new PV from SNH48 when I notice the views were low. Are these girls popular in China? Does Youtube only reflect the popularity of SNH outside of China?

12. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    If you want to evaluate the popularity of SNH based on videos, do not look at youtube. It isn't available in China unless you have a VPN to get around the Great Firewall. You have to look at Chinese video sites to get an accurate reflection.

Only people who watch SNH on youtube are international fans for the most part and, since there's a lot of duplicate postings, you woud have to add up all the views from everyone to even get close to an approximate number.

13. kirashogun

kirashogun Kenkyuusei

What he said. I just wanted to add they are not as popular as TF-BOYS which has a cult Taiwanese following and probably a good portion of SE Asian fans which sees their video reach 8 figures on Youtube alone.

It's hard to gauge popularity of SNH48 in real time since there is no unified music chart in China. But if you use Weibo (Chinese Facebook) as a proxy, then SNH48 has 4.7m followers vs. TF-BOYS at 9m followers, so respectable but not ridiculous.

We will really need to wait for the 2017 election to see.

As for theatre tickets, SNH48 theatre tickets gets sold out rather quickly, usually within minutes and they have an Overseas Ticket Reservation system so I assume there is SOME o/s demand.

BEJ48 would sell out most of the time but the less popular teams such as J team would still have standing seats available. I haven't been following GNZ or SHY.

14. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Ah, the charms of living in a totalitarian state!

15. kirashogun

kirashogun Kenkyuusei

As opposed to a totalitarian state where you get to vote the same party with different names. Yes ;)

But why bring politics into this. Let's stay on topic.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  16. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Politics has always been entwined with SNH.

17. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan
    The entire entertainment industry in China is heavily under state control. That makes it true that politics plays a role in SNH but in the same way it plays a role for any artist that wants to do business there (including foreigners)... and that will include AKB48 China and/or TPE if or when they get started.

18. Weiweiwei99999

SNH is only popular in mainland China, so no, Youtube doesn't matter or reflect their actual status.

19. DePhocas

DePhocas Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mohan

if the video does not show watch the video here

if the video does not show watch the video here

20. chiuchimu

chiuchimu Member Stage48 Donor

^Amazing. The thinking is on a higher level than I can muster. With my limited knowledge I don't understand the purpose, yet this may be the start of a strategy that makes SNH48 a world popular pop Idols.