1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

No, but the concert and the ssk itself are already like 5 hours.
    That's a lot.
    Or maybe it's just me.

STU won't participate this year, so the only additions would be the new waves of KKS.
    Those amount to... what? 60?
    How many graduations have we had in the past year? Obviously not so many, but between those and all the girls who will step down, I doubt the number of applicants will grow much.

So yeah, no sense in extending it to 100.

I do like the idea of announcing the next 20 spots at a later date though.
    Like "girls, fans, maybe do better next year?" as cruel as it sounds.

I think they'll use the Top 48 thing for Kouhaku.
    Cause you know the SG aren't gonna get invited ever again and it was a nice gimmick with some tangible prizes in the new single, as we've seen, so I'm sure fans and girls will take it even more seriously next time.

2. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Limit speech time. Upcoming & Future 60sec. Next & Under 90sec. Senbatsu free.
    That would speed things up big time.
    Well given that Dasu v 2.0 doesnt happen...

The concert that takes place is also uneccesary long. Each Group 1 song. Last years senbatsu 1 song and be done with it.

3. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Frankly unless you're actually attending the concert in person I don't see what the complaint is about. Too long? Don't watch the whole thing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I liked last year's SSK format flow, just limit the speech time only to 48th place and it's all good.

But idk they need to increase the bar to 100th cuz like someone said earlier there are almost equal amounts of girls entering and leaving in recent years

Keep it to 80th is fine

5. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

True, just watch till your oshi ranks then you're done. Last year once it got into the senbatsu I just left for dinner lol. too long

6. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I'm thinking from the POV of someone who's there. :^^;:

Heck, I have a hard time in many concerts because between opening acts and the main artists themselves it can take to 3 hours.
    Maybe I'm getting old or whatever, but if I have a hard time standing/sitting for 3 hours, I can't imagine how boring it must be for the girls who sit there for 4 or 5 hours seeing the ranking girls go down and give their speech and whatnot.

7. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    So make it two days instead of just one (actually three, with the night-after concert) -- 100-33 on day one (or 100-17), and the top ranks on day 2, after a second concert.

8. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    Cut the speeches short. There is absolutely no need for any acceptance speech to be longer than 10-15 secs. Anything more can be just as easily conveyed through the members social message networks.

Unlimited time for the Top16? Absurd.

Also, take FujiTV out of the equation. Their commercials interrupt the show, and add the need for longer MCs. Thus drawing out the event.

9. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Disagree, if you're going to hire an outdoor stadium for several days (including setup and rehearsals) then you need to maximize revenue.

SSK is fine the way it is. For those complaining...it's one f*****g day out of the year.

10. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    Their commercials also help pay for the event, unfortunately.

11. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Yeah, if there were 100 spots last year, Tano would rank but her rank still harshly dropped.

Other things I'm noticing:

1. Miorin would rank, because she failed to rank last year, her fans were aggressive on NHK Kouhaku voting, she finished 10th. Because she & Akarin were tremendous on this voting, they're now on senbatsu of Shoot Sign. It's 2nd time for her to be senbatsu of an AKB48 single since Manatsu no Sounds Good.
    2. Shiichan, Seichan, & Rion would rank.
    3. There would be 3 native NGT48 members rank instead of just 1. Beside Katomina, Rikahime & Ogiyuka would rank. Even Ogiyuka would rank higher (95th) than Rikahime (96th).
    4. Too bad, among 81st-100th no any member of Team 8.

12. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

3rd Actually (She was in Labrador Retriever).

13. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

Also think about the incentive for fans. The harder spots are to get, the more fans will be thinking "I better buy a few extra CDs just in case..."
    Some girls are such a longshot to make it into the top 80 that certain groups of fans are just happy to get a member a ranking, no matter where that ranking is. If that's increased to Top 100, the pressure to buy more CDs is eased up a little on people who think their girl is going to comfortably rank into low tier anyway. The more spots their are, the less pressure there is for certain types of buyers.

Just from a pure marketing standpoint, of course.
    (Obviously there are still going to be a lot of people who go all in regardless of how many spots/how likely someone is to rank).

14. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
    The idea is to get your girl as high rank as possible, not to just barely rank.

15. Silenka

Silenka Future Girls Retired Staff

People's wallets don't always agree. There's a fine line between "I have enough money to buy more votes" and "hmm, I'm going to be eating ramen for a while but it's worth it..."

16. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The increase of votes number in the lower bracket last year blurred this line so much there should be a graph about exploding demand of ramen post-SSK somewhere on the web.

For girls with decent fanbase, yes. Not so for say, fanbase of unranked one.

17. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Tanamin's fans say Hi ;)

18. pongpaeng

pongpaeng Kenkyuusei

Thank you so much for sharing my video ^_^ hope you guys enjoy the interview :D

19. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Random idea:

Maybe we could add the bracket to 100, but announce the rest later (or after #1), and give them a song on the theater edition and label them as "aspiring girls" or smth

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. sorasan

sorasan Future Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Hmm don't see the STU48 section yet ... some news about the STU48