1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The AKB48 Thread

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kyobu, Jun 16, 2007.

1. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    This is the AKB48 thread, not the Slacker13 thread. Would you mind stopping please? I'm tired of the unrelated content you're putting out. It was funny the first post, but now it's enough.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Bruh...you know know why we get less English subs? Because this community is the least forgiving when it comes to people with attitudes analing others about the stupid English Grammar that won't suit to their "native" language standards.

All they do is complain how bad blah blah blah the translations are and doesn't even appreciate a single bit when someone actually does a fan translation for them. For free.

And I don't see how good Anime translations are either when it comes to "quality control". But people sure appreciate hella lots even when it's a half-azzed crappy translation.

So if you demand more subbings or translations then why don't you start being the guy who contributes to the community then? You can't take things back then for granted.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  3. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    i was much more optimistic : i thought this respectful, enthusiastic fandom was so eager to reach their idol content it all started to learn japanese successfully, and thus didn't need subs anymore.

Free yourselves, learn japanese. it's a beautiful language.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I'm a fan with very limited Japanese knowledge. I do appreciate translations/subs and sometimes asks for the english translation of concert titles. I used to follow a KPop group's activities and yes, I love how almost everything are translated to english by the fandom.

None the less, I find it wrong for anyone to demand fans to work on subbing/translating.

And just to add, it's not like being a native speaker automatically makes one better in a language over someone who has it as a second language.

5. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Golly, youre right....but aren't requests & complaints such as yours better suited for Direct Messages? That's the game you all play here. Make your snide, passive aggressive comment, or attack comment (IN THE THREAD) & I can't reply back? Someone commented & I replied- Sorry, It's a Forum. My DM's are always open. I personally Do NOT mind a reply here (Free speech) Who am I to tell ANYONE to Not to Post or "Stay on Topic"- If you want to have the "Last Word" (if that's your thing) Let's all pretend you had it. Fair Enough?

I think MarioWorldAKB summed it up Perfectly -

Most people are happy w/ ANY translation (even if it's a simplified Speed Sub). I know I am. Yes, STAGE48 seems VERY "unforgiving"- I make the sub comments because I know Nothing will be done. I also like that those of you who don't need English subs sit in your Ivory Tower & spit on us when we complain about "Not Being In the Know"- Why aren't you in the Japanese Forums & talking w/ Japanese fans? Why bother w/ an English Forum - One can make the argument it's Elitist Fans "looking down" on the Non-Japanese speaking Plebs that is killing the Western Fandom or at the very least turning away an "New Fans".

This is the General AKB48 - are we not discussing AKB. I've been here since 2012, I'm not some Noob pounding the table asking for his Dinner- lol. I go away for weeks & months at a time because I simply forget AKB48 and it's lack of availability makes me less & less a fan. I'm trying to rekindle the Love I once had for this group & Fandom....UNLESS, Stage48 has gotten SO Elitist that only those who UNDERSTAND Japanese are Welcome?

People were SO Nice back in 2012-14...answer questions, give you links, uploaded vids, shared translations of articles via Tumblr & Blogs...but I guess ALL the "nice" fans. The Passionate Ones. The ones that wanted to Spread LOVE of AKB moved on. Maybe this really is a Forum for the Elites? I never said "Feed Me"- Sorry for trying to Strike a Match & get a fire going in the Final months (year?) of AKB48. Enjoy your "Cool Kids" Kingdom. I'll make do like I always have.

Check my track record - I've been pretty decent w/ my theories & forecasts for various Idols & Developments. I can list 10 off my head right now....BUT, this is NOT the Slacker13 thread.

6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just paid a quick visit to Donki this evening. There was a Team K show in progress and the lobby was full but it was still possible to stand just outside it and get a reasonably good view on the big screen. One thing which was new (I certainly don't remember there last year) was a small counter by the ticket office which was selling group photos of the casts of the past week's shows.

Meanwhile downstairs on the 7th floor, one of the shops had a display of the Sanrio dolls of AKB48 members as my attached photo shows.

Attached Files:

7. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

It seems Goto Moe might have revealed the city for next SSK a bit early http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/50890918.html
    If that article is to be believed, this year SSK will be held at Kobe. Combined with STU48 will be included in AKB48 next single, well... I don't know. (Yes, Kobe is in Hyogo prefecture, one of the prefecture involved in STU48).
    Probably we will hear something at tomorrow HS event (er... today in Japan... March 20th).

8. OshimaYuko

OshimaYuko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    AKB must love Kobe at the moment. It was where they held the Janken as well.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Post deleted from 755, pretty much confirmed.
    Hyogo is hometown to 7 NMB members and 7 STU members who joined through the Hyogo audition venue
    (though apparently only 3 are actually from Hyogo, the audition venue is still made out to be important).
    Rather than this being like STU hosting the SSK, it's like a NMB-STU double host.

Will Yamamoto Ayaka, Kinoshita Momoka and Jo Eriko (etc.) fans work to get their members in this year?
    (Will this push Kinoshita to participate?)
    Yamada Nanami, even. (Being a central member it might affect her more than Sato Shiori last year)
    Exciting stuff.

10. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

Kobe is like an extension of Osaka too, since they are like next to each other. Pretty mich part of NMB's home ground with STU tie-in cuz it happens to be in Hyogo.

11. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Are we going to do the sousenkyo on a freaking boat?

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Looool finally the SSK news is here xD

Kobe eh, seems like a good choice, wonder what's the reason behind of choosing it.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

13. wlerin

wlerin Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Taniguchi Megu
    The fandom has decreased, but it's still large enough to sustain subber groups. I think a greater problem is that the existing subbing groups just... vanished. They didn't pass their skills or infrastructure on to anyone, so current attempts at subbing are nearly all one-man ventures and quickly lead to burn out.

At least that's my extremely uninformed perception of things.

14. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    I can only agree in that. As a subber (or, more like a timer), it takes me up to 3hrs to time a 10minutes long video properly. Takes up to 5hrs to time a ~20mins long variety show. It took roughly 6hrs to time an entire Moshimo Tours episode, though I was doing other stuff during that time as well (checkig sites, talking to friends over LINE, tweeting stuff and all). Currently doing an 1hr30m long documentary video. So far I'm having days put in it and I'm barely halfway done with it. Only the timing and styling the onscreen texts. And I'm only helping a subber friend with that, who, anyway, does allllll the stuff all alone. So yup, it's pretty time consuming, especially if you study or have a decent job besides that.

So yup, you have the right to "want" subs, but you don't have the right to demand for subs. And especially you don't have the right to say you deserve subs. You deserve something if you do something for the said thing. And you should respect subbers as well, instead of saying "i want this x stuff to be subbed because i deserve to see it". Nah. Nope.

And "doing something for the said thing" isnt equal to downloading the raw file.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. gocchisama

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    What about reading japanese matome with helpful japanese plug in?

Because with a minimum of grammar knowledge, and rikaikun on chrome ( it translates kanji automatically when you reach the kanji you can't read) you can manage to understand mostly what the topic is about.

16. Lindsay

Lindsay Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    That's a pretty big slip... I hope Moekyun doesn't get in trouble :|

17. natsunishi

natsunishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Iriyama Anna
    kinda oot, I tried rikaikun on firefox... It didn't really work most of the time, so I didn't even attempt to dl it again. But I assume that's because it's originally a chrome extention D: Should give it a try over there too o:

18. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Nah, I think it's alright unless the planned SSK date is mid-late June and they planned to start promotion in late April-ish.

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    They are probably going to announce it today at the shamekai event.

20. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    On subbing I just want to point out for people not familiar with subbing.
    I used to dabble in anime subbing.
    I could translate an episode of an anime in one hour. Depends on the show but just the translation one hour wouldn't be unusual.
    Drama is about 2 hours.
    Most variety shows I've translated took about 2-3 days of 4 hour work.
    Variety shows are very tough if you want to do a thorough translation. Not like anime or drama at all.

I rarely ever time but I assume for timers (people who set the lengths of sentences in a subtitle files; not glamorous but very exhausting work which deserves a lot of praise) it's just as bad if not worse.

• Like Like x 1