1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] THE NMB48 thread!

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by Mr Waffle, Dec 7, 2010.

1. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I'll rage if Naiki & Chihii aren't part of the next senbatsu. They should drop Airi, Saepi, Uuka from senbatsu just for a single and replace them with Naiki, Chihii, Jo/Rinacchi/Rei/Suzu/Rachel and see the results

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

What results? It's not like the senbatsu lineup affects sales in any way.

3. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    The girls' growth, and how Saepii, Uuka, Airi's popularity will be affectes

4. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

oic... well imo, no one is coming for Saeppi, Uuka and Airi's status in nmb anytime soon. They're the walls to NMB kami 7 along with Akarin.

5. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    I thought the walls were Akarin, Keicchi, Reinyan, Aapon (well, used to be Uuka but then she failed to rank last year and got snubbed).

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Hmmm.....Aapon was never been an old wall. She just entered senbatsu realm since Amagami Hime and even then, third row.

EDIT: But I guess all third-rower is fit to be a wall nowadays...

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
  7. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Aapon was never really a thing until last ssk but even then I don't think she's a lock in senbatsu still. We have to see how well she does this SSK.

Well the thing is so many members have left so whoever was at the back has naturally moved up in a sense.

8. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    I've heard from a friend who worked with Aapon Sentai last year that this year they haven't even started anything concrete yet lol.

9. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    But-but there are still six months left, is there a need to hurry?

What do you mean by "walls"? In front there are consistently Sayanee, Mirurun, Akarin, Keicchi (leaving) - I get these, what about Fuuchan? Nagisa?
    I need an update on how things are now - I've overslept too much, it seems... :cold:

10. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989

Sentai as in 選対 (election committee) not Seitanin (Birthday Committee) lol

11. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I honestly don't even know what a Namba 7 looks like right now (Shu :()

Is it... Sayaka, Miru, Fuu, Yuuri, Nagisa, Riripon, Aayan? Other than Akarin (which I find iffy but she has the youtube thing) I don't think there is a single member out there right now that can overtake anyone from this group in the medium term.

The permanently at the back members (but have never ever been moved off) like Airi, Uuka and Saepii are a good barometer for new senbatsu. Is the member doing better than any of them in handshakes, SNS or other work? If the answer is yes, then the member is a surefire senbatsu member. If no, there needs to be extenuating circumstances (like Lemon's mainstream appeal, Momoka's popularity with girls or trying to build up next-gen in general like Azusa/Chihhi)

12. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Pretty much this except the member I personally find iffy is Aayan. They're really trying to make her happen but she's so random and I don't usually like airdrops unless I really like the girl so shrugs.

Anyway /NOTHING AGAINST CHIHI BUT/ I feel like the attempt to make her some new up and coming girl so funny because girl has been around for a while already and if she hasn't happened yet she's unlikely to happen ever, especially since she's only gonna get older and dustier and wotas are mostly just into young fresh blood. IDEK what exactly it is that she does. The thing is 4th gen definitely has to take on a more senior role by now and the only ones who are on the verge of surpassing the barometers are Jo and Yamarina. Rachel and Megumin are kinda getting there so I would chose the two if we are really lacking in senbatsu members and want more representation from 4th gen.

That said, the actual new up and coming IT girl is definitely ZEUS (who is personally up there in my NMB 7 over Aayan). If we stretch the definition a little I guess we can include Coco and Sararan but even the two of them feel a little too senior already. Coco might be able to wiggle her way in by acting as a senior member but she has definitely yet to surpass Airi/Saeppi/Uuka yet so putting her in might be a little unconvincing.

Sadly none of the Draft 2 members really has it imo, especially since Nanami f*ed right out of NMB. Her and Yuzuha were a great duo but sadly got side stepped probably cause it's more economical to just focus on one Aayan. Yuzuha alone can't make it imo. I love Muranaka but she's a little too old and also dropping hints like she's graduating so >.<

As for 5th gen I really like the Kojirin but she's also kind of old, but I think they could pass her off as a senior skilled member since apparently her dancing has got most of her senpais shook. Rei is imo the best choice for the new up and coming member.

So to conclude I would categorize the girls as such
    LOCKS: Sayanee Mirurun Fuuchan Nagisa Riripon Yuuri Akarin Airi Saeppi Uuka
    VETS: (Momoka Miorin) Aapon Rinacchi Jo Yamarina Coco Rachel Megumin Kojirin
    NEW: Zeus Aayan Rei Sararan

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  13. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Management seems hellbent on making her happen but results need to be in line with the push and she's doing ok for someone who has her amount of push. I mean, if you get to basically center a single, get a solo in a concert, get featured everywhere with senbatsu all the time, you had better be selling out 2 slots in handshake events. What happens next is what will determine her future. If her sales slow down, management might decrease the push (they never admit defeat though, look at Jo and how long that took) so its really up to her and to the fans that she's gained recently to produce results for her to reinforce management's trust in her.

14. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

OMFG THIS! lmfao what happened to Jo in her first run as an NMB member was still the funniest train wreck to me ever. Well at least she's shining really brightly now.

15. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Who is Zeus?

16. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

omfg Azusa :x you mean people don't call her that?

17. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I thought Zeus was an inside joke that @joooooooooe came up with

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I've never heard her be called Zeus, ever. Then again, I haven't seen @joooooooooe around here in a while.

Megumin and Rachel aren't happening. Rachel has the Doyoubi wa Dameyo regular slot but that was given to her around the time she was getting a mini-push as a comedy character but for whatever reason (whether its her fault or not is debatable) her push has vanished to the point where KKS get better stage positions than her.

I don't believe in getting a push ever being "too late" but Chihhi has been "will get pushed next single" status forever now. Now that she's finally made senbatsu its make or break for her now (I think I've been saying this for 2 years now).

I think we can split current NMB into a bunch of tiers:

LOL: Yamamoto Sayaka
    LOCKS: Miru, Fuu, Yuuri, Riripon, Nagisa, (Aayan), Akarin
    REGULARS: Airi, Saepii, Uuka, Aapon
    IN LINE: Kokochan, Azusa, Jo
    BARELY SENBATSU: Rinacchi, Chihhi
    MAINSTREAM APPEAL: Momoka, Lemon
    FORMER SENBATSU: Konomin, Emichi
    -THE REST-

Of course there are a couple of tiers inside "the rest" but I think if anyone's getting dropped, Rinacchi is first in line which makes the remaining senbatsu 16 members. If they want to fit Momoka and Lemon back in, I think Chihhi gets the axe and then maybe someone from the Airi/Uuka/Aapon line finally gets dropped. If they want to give a push to D2, 5th gen, Naru/Moka then it becomes really complicated.

19. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

Isn't it because she got injured or something? IDK but I agree that it seems over for her for now. She may suddenly rise from the ashes the way Aapon did tho.

I mostly agree with you senpai. Momoka and Lemon could be in or not it really doesn't matter to them (reason why I bracketed them in mine). Of the current senbatsu, Rinacchi and Chihhi are definitely first to go but I think Kokochan isn't on stable ground herself. I'm just not too sure who would get cut first of the three. The thing is the three can't exactly be the new girl anymore so I personally think it would only make sense to include them if they take on something like a senpai role. As such, I give Rinacchi a pass since she's captain.

Also I'm really hoping they went crazy with that Aayan push just because they promised it would be a Sayanee center for the 16th single and they thought it would be funny to have someone with practically the same name take on the sorta center position. I mean she's cute but better to include another 5th gen and let them grow organically.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    We don't really know what happened with Rachel but she, err, ballooned quite a bit which caused management to drop her from stages. She's only ever appeared in her birthday stage and that one M stage in the past year.

Aayan is getting the gori-push no doubt. She's in 2 consecutive AKB senbatsu! Its only a matter of time until she gets an official single center (cue FuuMiruYuuri fans wailing).

Based on sales, it should be Kokochan > Azusa > Jo but at that level, management preference does play a role. Case in point, it looks like Shu's replacement in the Niji no Tsukurikata unit is Jo as seen in the Shu concert. Jo also regularly gets called for senbatsu work so the management preference for her is clearly still there.