1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shimada Haruka (Haruu) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    "Because I was in the entertainment industry entering AKB 48, I thought that I wanted to quit the entertainment industry when I quit," he explained. Google version

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170418-00000342-oric-ent

Other version, same meaning.

Furthermore, "I will retire from the entertainment world as I graduate from AKB 48." "Since entering AKB 48 was the opportunity to enter the entertainment industry, I thought that I would like to quit the entertainment industry when I quit (AKB 48), and I made a decision like this."

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170419-00000000-tospoweb-ent

Update: from her twitter

C9tGAoDVwAA2rrP.jpg

"At SHOWROOM, I, Shimada Haruka announced that I will graduate from AKB48. I graduate from AKB 48 and retire from the entertainment industry. Although the details of the timing have not been decided, I am thinking about September. Until the end AKB 48 Shimada Haruka thank you! I was relieved that these two people stayed."
    https://twitter.com/shimada_hrk1216/status/854353536808763392

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
  2. ET920

ET920 Member

Quite a number of members were there, I saw Tanochan, Kayoyon, Sayaya and Noepii. She said others were too, but I haven't searched the full log yet to confirm (Komiharu, Ota Nao, etc).

PS:
    Yuami, Yuiri, Satomina and Kaotan also commented there. Jurina too. And Mion, but cannot verify her since I haven't seen her in another room before to confirm. Others might have only been watching (so no way to confirm they were there) or threw stars only (which they can be found, but it's much harder, especially if they change their username like Kaotan).

jurina.jpg

Jurina: "I was moved by the penguin (outfits)"

Seems like Naachan threw a few stars but didn't say anything. Same as Makiko. And someone named Nakai Rika.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2017
  3. Konno A.

Konno A. Future Girls

Oshimen:
    ichikawamiori
    Nooo~~ I really like her and she always was good at MC-ing; plus I always considered her one of the funnier members of the group. I wish she would stay in the entertainment world, but it's her choice and I'll miss her~

4. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Wow, looks like we caught off guard with this. Tonight (Wednesday) is Kojiharu's graduation, and now I'm just hearing Haruu is saying she's quitting from the entertainment industry... :eek:

...that's just sad to hear. NOOOOO!!!!! :cry:

Only first saw her earlier this year because of the blonde hair for the Tofu Pro Wrestling, and now it's April, and Haruu's about to say goodbye... :fp:

Now we have to wonder - why is she quitting from the entame industry? Hmm...

5. exophase13

exophase13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    She is the one who got me interested to take a look at post Maeda's members...will be missing her in variety shows and talk shows :cry:

I've always thought what about her family's business..maybe this is the answer :^^;:

After all the effort she went through, at her age now IMO this time she thinks about to settle down to something that is more stable than the uncertainty in showbiz..

6. ET920

ET920 Member

The way she spoke made me think she just admitted to herself that she was going nowhere and decided to stop hoping for an opportunity. Not because it won't come, but looking at Tanamin, for example, she got to ranked once in senkyo but then nothing... then got to center a song, but then nothing else... and ended up graduating. Haruu got to be in a documentary (not the kind she would have liked, but air time anyways), and now get to be in a drama (which I haven't watched, but apparently she's one of the protagonists or someone pretty high there), so maybe she just decided she would not get anything better than this, and preferred to graduate at her "peak".

I really think some girls look at girls like Chiichan, Tanamin, etc, and eventually think, I don't want to end like this... most of the girls join 48G to use it as a first step to get into showbiz, Haruu mentioned she did that, but the fact that she's graduating and retiring means she realized there won't be opportunities for her outside of 48G, and decided to quit.

7. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    @ET920 she also has been covered by ModelPress, a popular female-oriented site due of her weight loss, and even spoke about how she achieved the results (working out and a healthier diet), and recently walked on the runway. General public knew her, so probably if she decided t be in showbiz, wouldn't be a transition as hard as other girls who were famous during her AKB time (mainly due of being unable to completely shake off the image the public has of them.

For example, Akimoto Sayaka never had the conventional idol image nor was the first choice in senbatsu, yet her career and appreciation from the public is bigger than Maeda Atsuko, which until know she is still working to be more respected and overcome her Acchan image, I think her last-year dorama helped some...).

There's a lot of time until September, so anything can change. I think her resolution is mainly because being an idol is something tied with teenage years, and now she wants to embrace fully adulthood. She's so mature and composed, and no matter what choice she makes in the full end, she will work as hard as always.

8. HangPC2

HangPC2 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shintanaomi
    Twitter:
    HangPC2

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  9. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Maybe my wording was wrong, but she is still far from A-level influence like Ueto Aya in her prime, or Ishihara Satomi (to say an example), but this is not the right thread to discuss that.

My point is that Shimada has the advantage to be more free to pursue more jobs for not having the whole AKB stamp all over her, a chance to start fresh.

10. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    We'd better keep a sharp eye on Futamura Haruka and Goto Risako. They might be next.

11. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Did you mix up this thread with the graduation-thread? Happened to me yesterday too since both were about Haruu :^^;: (I agree about the two tho, however I think Management forces them to wait until some promotions happened)

12. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I did. Please move it.

13. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    i hope she still maintain her Twitter or Instagram even if she retires from the industry.. T_T

14. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    [​IMG]
    Really gonna miss this girl. Such talent. Always felt like she didn't get her fair share of fans (not ranking in etc) but that's how the world is sometimes. The fans she did have though were some of the kindest people you could ever talk to.

15. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
  16. ET920

ET920 Member

People were guessing Saturday 9/9.

17. H-San16

H-San16 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Whyyyyyyyyy! T_T Dang, I feel like my heart ripped a bit. I was checking tumblr and all of a sudden, like big headlines in the newspaper, I see, "HARUKA SHIMADA ANNOUNCED GRADUATION". I suppose it's for the better, because it doesn't seem like she has many fans to begin with, but I still love seeing her interact with her friends and teammates. :cold: I knew she was going to graduate in the near future, I just was never gonna be ready for it.

18. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Every day at work I check the incoming news wires for anything AKB-related and this morning there's a piece from the Jiji Press Ticker Service which mentions Haruu. It's in connection with a man from Fukuoka who's being prosecuted for hacking a number of celebrities' passwords including hers. I can't see this online anywhere so I'm pasting the article below:

19. James Torralba

James Torralba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui_T8
    oh no.. must have found some "treasures" from those artists..

20. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Yes, this is sad but I'm not surprised. She is going nowhere in AKB so why stay? But leaving entertainment industri don't say so much, she haven't done so much outside AKB. Except for modelling and that is maybe her goal now?