1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

NMB48 Results for AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sosenkyo

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by zeroshiki, Jun 19, 2017.

1. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sosenkyo

Upcoming Girls: 16 members (65th - 80th)
    None

Future Girls: 16 members (49th - 64th)
    3 Members from NMB

61. Ichikawa Miori 18,814
    06e60922-s.jpg
    60. Shibuya Nagisa 19,263
    eea4ab23-s.jpg
    57. Tanigawa Airi 19,752
    e1163215-s.jpg

Next Girls: 16 members (33rd - 48th)
    3 Members from NMB
    Kato Yuka is Next Girls Center

48. Okita Ayaka 22,264
    0ccf6106-s.jpg
    39. Murase Sae 24,585
    8299727a-s.jpg
    33. Kato Yuka 25,988
    726d2b14-s.jpg

Under Girls: 16 members (17th - 32nd)
    2 members from NMB

27. Ota Yuuri 28,457
    fdaa34cf-s.jpg
    20. Suto Ririka 31,779
    d60378ab-s.jpg

49th Single Senbatsu: 16 members (1st - 16th)
    2 members from NMB

16. Yoshida Akari 35,540
    e15b2ccf-s.jpg
    12. Shiroma Miru 41,491
    9c11e7d0-s.jpg

Points of discussion:
    - Happy? Disappointed?
    - Who went up? Who dropped?
    - Who should have gotten in? Any surprises?
    - No marriage talk, please.

2. onieyez

onieyez Kenkyuusei

Mirurun making NMB48 proud
    I wish Fuuko was in it too, hopefully next year

I think NMB did fine, considering some of their top members dropped out of this year sousenkyo
    they still managed to get 1 less ranked in compared to last year 11 members

3. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i am surprised Akarin made a huge comeback to reach 16th place this SSK (gained 22k votes)
    also really happy for Uuka and Saepii (both gained over 13k votes)

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Thats a good point. I'm really happy NMB didn't embarrass themselves this year especially with the departure/non-participation of 5 sure-rankers (Sayaka, Fuuchan, Reinyan, Keicchi, Shu)

Really goes to show how much difference a dedicated fanbase can make.

5. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    Pleasantly surprised for this year's SSK. My only disappointment is Nagisa's (+ Aapon's) rank :( Everyone but them ranked higher than I thought...

I hope Fuuchan is not graduating + will participate next year. But I feel her seeing Miru (and even Akarin) in senbatsu will just dishearten her even more

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Honestly, if Fuuchan did Participate this year, I doubt her BFF Airi and Saeppi to rank as high as this, or even rank at all.
    But NMB fandom sure has (recently) learned to specialize on quality, given this year risk of NO NMB girl reaching senbatsu outweigh the risk of less rank-in members in the actual count.

With that said, it takes the toll on Renapyon-Naiki-Rinacchi-Jo. It also speak that any NMB girl wishing for a rank need a fanbase level of Miorin to do that. Or being highly ranked on Prelim like Aapon-Uuka did. Not much room for surprises, or new names/gen.

7. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Kinda sad no Renapyon, but congrats Uuka, Saepi, Airi!!! They finally have something to justify their Senbatsu status!!! (Especially Saepi)

And damn, Akarin. From someone who has a reputation to flop on SSK (i remember defending her to guys who don't accept her always having a better position than Keicchi even though Keicchi's more popular than her in every way) to ranking Senbatsu!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Miorin is because her fans have been around for so long. For a competition like this you not only need breadth but depth of fandom. Miorin's fans have been with her through thick and thin for a long time now. She will always have a base of votes to pull from.

Kokochan/Rinacchi/Jo unfortunately have no such thing and their core fans decided to gamble on the prelims and hope for Hako-votes which unfortunately didn't come.

9. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Good things Saeppi and Uuka were in that spot last year. Should be a valuable lesson for their fans to start saving for revenge.:shifty:

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    That's why its so puzzling for me how defeatist Jo is about this. It was her first time getting into Sokuho. Saepii got called to Sokuho 3 times before she finally ranked in (at a good position!). Jo needs to realize that next year is actually her best chance to get in and she should be working hard towards that.

11. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I actually feel like if Fuuchan had taken part, then NMB wouldn't have done this well. Airi and Saeppi definitely would have done worst.

I only wished that Renapyon had ranked. TT Hopefully she's in the next senbatsu though.

And lol at Mirurun ranking in senbatsu only to be completely overshadowed by some bigger news. Even Akarin got more hype than her. :D

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Its because Akarin showed a new way to get votes which is pretty groundbreaking tbh. I will admit that I didn't believe she would do this well, that her shunning the ojisan fans to focus on her female fanbase would blow up in her face but she has definitely proven me wrong here.

13. honeyNUT

honeyNUT Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    satominameme
    Speaking of Fuuchan, a member who's been around for a long time but still young and considered up-and-coming who currently have better footing in the group than she ever has despite her popularity stagnating and didn't really show any significant growth, that suddently decided not to participate in SSK and said that it's not because she's planning to graduate. Sounds familiar? hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    One other thing to note is that the lowest vote total this year went WAY UP from 13k to 15k which tbh scared the hell out of me since I thought this means there was going to be massive vote inflation. What ended up happening though was it just bunched the girls up around that area but it also caused a deflationary effect on the upper positions. Senbatsu border went down from 40k to 35k.

Basically:
    - Its harder than ever to rank in
    - 100 vote differences can mean 2 places
    - Its easier to get higher positions

Its quite interesting actually.

15. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Essentially, If the 5 members still participated (and the voting went the same as this year), NMB would have had 15 members ranking in. That's amazing for NMB standards lol.

I predicted Miru at 14th, Akarin, Nagisa and Riripon in lower undergirls, Yuuri, Aapon, and Saepii in next girls, Airi and Uuka in future girls, and Miorin, Naiki and Rei (simply due to sister bias votes a la Tomu's sister Orin lol) in upcoming girls. All girls expect Nagisa, Naiki and Aapon went beyond my expectation. I'm so happy to see girls in each tier (except the lower one), and not one but TWO NMB GIRLS in senbatsu apart from Sayanee! We technically sorta kinda have 3 senbatsu members active now lol.
    I'm looking forward to seeing the 81st-100th place members, hopefully we see another 2 NMB girls there :)

Nagisa not increasing as much as expected is probably due to her push being there but not really there. haha. It's hard to explain, but maybe, since Shuu is gone, Ririka is on her way out, and Akarin is on the rise, maybe she can be paired with Akarin so they can both be pushed a lot, and then i don't know... Naiki? could be paired with Yuuri? Ayaan with another 5th gen? who knows. NMB is looking very exciting again!

Last edited: Jun 23, 2017
  16. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    So old news by now but Jo is the only NMB member in 81-100 at 89. Massively disappointing for us.

The good news is that this seemed to give Jo a lot of hope so she's declared that she will join the senkyo next year.

17. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Been a while that I thought no one feel bothered to talk about it lol.

One question first, is there any (big) community meetup among NMB fans in Japan after these SSK ended that you know of, @zeroshiki ?

18. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Just normal NMB fans or international fans? The NMB anniversary lives are usually where its one big party that everyone tries to go to.
    For the international community this year it was me, @Sakuraism, @GeoFreak and @Matto.

19. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

The domestic one. Where the fanbase held a serious chat like SSK review, the next year gameplan, that kind of talk.

20. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Those things are done by the individual fangroups. There is no such NMB community where they strategize on the senkyo.