1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

i hope we dont have to go to the scorecard on this pay-per-view :lol:

3. hjr1891

hjr1891 Member

Oshimen:
    IxR
  4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  5. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi
    "Frogfoot" claim it

6. ABF48

ABF48 Member

sashi china vote confirmed around 33K probably more, while mayu around 30k-35k.

japan i lost my source, so i didnt get my usual info. if anything boii, sashi will win this year again

edit : now that i look at sashi china camp, their number is highly increased. i began to think that they might play much bigger role in sashi's win last year, but that'll contradict my data. well, its either they really working hard for this year, or its my source from last year that lied to me.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2017
  7. Blair Collins

Blair Collins Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    I think Stage has nearly died due to the SSK traffic and postings.

8. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Myabe it was due to this, instead...OMG, you guys used to sing far better... :^^;:

(starts at around 03:00)

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    If this year's AKB48 election was a mess, so does Le Mans. Fortunately Porsche won, but it was not what I expected...the lead #1 car blew the engine in the final hours of the race! At a time the lower-classed LMP2 was leading the pack, but the sister #2 car - which had problems very early in the race (fortunately) was able to climb up the pack from 56th (!!!) all the way to the lead with an hour to spare.

I've got to feel bad about the Corvette though - they were leading in the final minutes of the race, only to give up the victory to Aston Martin in the final lap, and even worse, a tire puncture... (>_<)

Oh well, another Sasshi win in the AKB48 election = another Porsche win at Le Mans. Now I'm enjoying a vacation in Mexico (south of Cancun this time), though I'll still be here at Stage48 pretty much nightly...

...hopefully we don't max out the Stage48 site bandwidth for the month before the month ends.

10. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

I've never seen it this bad... seems like the site drops off every hour a few times. Hopefully these are teething problems of upgraded resources and not overworked ones...

--

Came here to post about something that was made a big deal about in the 8th SSK: Sasshi's winning vote count, and a hidden meaning in the numbers.
    (didn't want to post this in the SSK thread, since it's heated enough in there without cooking someone else's keg off about yet another issue :p )

Her 2016 final count was 243011, which backwards -- 110342 -- can be read as 'ichi-i wo sasshi ni' (1=ichi; 1='i' rank, place; 0='wo' grammar particle; 3='sa'; 4='shi'; 2='ni' of), or "1st place is Sasshi's".

So immediately, I began to see if this year's final counts had anything interesting to say, using this same method. Esp as this SSK was nothing if not a literal roller coaster ride of military guard duty (long stretches of boredom punctuated by brief moments of terror)... we'll see if this common Japanese fun soothsaying trick has anything cool in the numbers...

Right away, there seemed to be something weird in Sasshi's 2017 count...

246376 --> 673642 --> mu na san mu shi ni --> munasan = 'heart, feelings' (胸三寸 munasanzun); mushi = 'disregard, ignore' (無視 mushi), ni = 'that' (に).
    So the reading would be 胸三無視に, interpreted as 'the heart ignores' / 'ignore the feelings/heart'

Both those interpretations have quite different sentiments, though. You could say this SSK was about how passion gets formerly unknown idols all the way to the top on the backs of the fanbase -- there were many examples in the 80, including a first-SSK senbatsu (Hinatan) and a 90-place jump into K7 (Ogiyuka). The heart ignores the barriers to its desires...

More closely to Sasshi however, is the other read: 'ignore the feelings'. This is Sasshi's sealing win -- 2015's was regaining her position as Queen, 2016 was proving 2015 wasn't a fluke... but 2017 was burying all doubt that Sasshi is the most dominant SSK idol ever. So her constant antis who have from the very start sown dissent and doubt in the fandom, and the casual fans who also felt she didn't conform to the standard of what an idol is, have finally been totally silenced with this sanrenpa win. This was the one where she can finally 'ignore the feelings' of those doubters and chiselers, let their efforts to define her drop away, and forge ahead assuming this to be true in everyone's eyes, not just her faithful.

Other fun readings:

Mayuyu's 149132 --> 231941 --> ni san i ku(ru) shi i --> 2, 3位, 苦しい --> '2nd, 3rd place, agonizing'. Mayu was 2nd or 3rd ever since her 2014 win.

Jurina's 113615 --> 516311 --> go i ro(u) mi ichi i --> ご慰労, 見1位 --> 'recognizing your service, watch me go for 1st place'. Jurina's classic SSK speech.

Ogiyuka's 73368 --> 86337 --> mu ro(u) san mi na --> 無労, 賛見な --> 'without effort, you won't see praise'. Ogiyuka's mission statement. Interestingly, '賛' can be read as 'inscription on a painting'.

Mion's 35201 --> 10253 --> i rei ni itsu mi --> 威令に, いつ見 --> 'authority, when will I see it'. Her Tomu-like denial from senbatsu... when will she assert.

This one was (of course), really interesting...

Ririka's 31779 --> 97713 --> ku na na itsu mi

'kuna' (9 7) can be short for 'kunagai' (婚, marriage); 'kunai' (苦無, an old tool for digging or prying); or 'kunan' (苦難, trial by suffering). The first two are archaeisms that bookish Ririka is fond of. But put in the context of who she is an how she expresses herself... it sounds like someone younger addressing someone older, but without honorifics -- like a lover. She even sounds like she's using her native Tokyo dialect instead of Kansai-ben...

kuna(gai) na... itsu mi? --> 婚なあ... いつ見? --> 'marriage, when will we see it?', or

kuna(n) na, itsu mi? --> 苦難なあ, いつ見? --> 'the hardship, when will it start?', imagine Ririka sitting in conference with managers, AKS mgmt, and staff, asking about the consequences after the show,

ku na(i) na, itsu mi? -->苦無なあ, いつ見? --> 'the digging/dirt, when will it be revealed?', perhaps Ririka talking to mentors (idols experienced in this?) about SKBS' scoop.

Mio's 25733 --> 33752 --> san mi na go futa --> 酸味な, ご蓋 --> 'don't be sour, kindly put a lid on it', or

san mi na, gofuta(n) --> 酸味な, ご負担 --> 'don't be sour, it's respectfully your responsibility'

Mikurin's 28,355 --> 55382 --> itsu itsu mi ya bu --> いついつ(までも)見破(る) --> 'I've been watching you a long time' :shifty:

Nako's 25,364 --> 46352 --> yo ro mi go bu --> よろ身五分 --> 'half of me is staggering' :shocku:

Naru's 28,037 --> 73082 --> na mi wo ya bu --> 波を破(る) --> '[my] wave will smash [you]'

Note: I find this one really interesting... both myself and Naru hail from Kumamoto (my father's side)... and as my grandfather and martial artists have told him... esp judoka from Kumamoto, don't say 'I'm gonna kick your arse', as a Tokyo judoka would... they'd say 'I'm gonna stomp you to death' :lol: My grandfather was 5'0", ambidextrous so equally-strong with either hand, and grew up bailing sugar cane from age 8... and has been known to hang 6'0" thugs over the cane crusher in the '30's, to teach them a lesson. :asdfgh: So to see this hidden message in Naru's votes, after knowing what she's like... keep kicking arse, Naru! :flower::lol:

9th SSK, 49th single: both 9 and 4 are very bad luck numbers in Japanese belief, as 9 can be read as 'ku', as in 'kurushii' (苦しい), agonizing, difficult... and 4 as 'shi' (死), death. Interestingly 9+4=13, which Westerners consider bad luck, but Japanese generally do not.

Will add more here as time permits. :D

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  11. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    That's really interesting thank you for posting this! These readings are pretty cool!

12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

some time ago i read on the news that ayumi is going completely deaf, its rlly sad to hear that, but its just yesterday that i saw her appear in shabekuri007 and she look cheery and relax, and even enjoying the show so much. i'm just glad that she seems fine even with her condition.

she is one of the first jpop artist -probably the first jpop artist- that i know. i know her from inuyasha, i fell with her song "dearest", and years after that, after i got my first mobile phone, i began to look for her song. i really remember that bc it was my first phone and it was such a memory for me lol.

Dearest (ayumi), Fukai mori (DoAI), and every heart (boa) probably my first three jpop song that i downloaded, all from inuyasha.. and i still love those song even till today, still on my playlist tbh.

it was my dream to go to their concert, at least one of them, to watch and listen the song from the original singer.

13. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영

Why is Dondarrion wielding the f****** Lightbringer? :shocku:

14. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    I checked Joysound AGAIN. More observations:
    • Most Visual Kei fans are female. I check Lynch, SuG and BugLug specifically.
    • Anime Idols still favor their respective fanbases (for Aquors, etc. it's male, for Zen The Hollywood, etc. it's female)
    • Japanese boys do NOT seem to like K-pop.
    • I never thought Mag!c Prince would have a reasonably sized male fanbase! And mostly young too! But most of them are Kengo oshi.
    • OKAMOTO'S is the only band that Yumemiru Adolescence outsourced from (KEYTALK, Mrs. Green Apple, Yabai T-Shirt Room-san, Gesu no Kiwami Otome, Indigo La End all favor female demographics) that has larger male demographics.
    • Youngsters do not seem to care about Toshinobu Kubota. Old artists DO seem to favor old demographics.
    • Re-checked Nogi's demographics, and nope, the demographics still favor males.
    • Hoshino Gen is preferred by older people, while RADWIMPS is preferred by younger people.

15. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Eid mubarak for muslim friends, from Indonesia. ^^

16. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Came back from vacation in Mexico that took pretty much all last week. Arrived back home late Friday.

Anyways, is it just me...or did SpaceX just launch - and LAND - TWO rockets in one weekend? :O (One booster was re-used, and another with new titanium landing fins. And a total of 11 satellites deployed!)

17. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    To spent Eid holiday, I went to first Aeon Mall in Indonesia. I watched Transformers & had lunch in a Japanese restaurant, I ordered a portion of karaage curry rice & a glass of ocha. The ocha (tea) isn't sweetened, so is it true that Japanese prefer unsweetened tea?

P.s 2nd Aeon mall in Indonesia is under construction while the 3rd is proposed.

18. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Well it depends really... I'm sure like here in the States there are sweetened versions catered to those who prefer it (maybe younger customers). But most of the PET-bottled green tea I saw in vending machines in train stations and sidewalks in Japan were unsweetened -- the prevailing opinion is that green tea isn't made better with sweetener, but black tea and coffee are. But the Japanese in general aren't pumping sugar/corn syrup into their green tea just on principle. [hehe]

Me, I like my green unsweetened, for medical reasons (and general health). You can actually taste the quality of the tea (any tea really) when your tongue isn't made into a ball by a ton of sugar. ;)

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  20. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Hilarious! I love how all the internet experts were up in arms about SKE :lol:

One thing I do have a concern about tho... is when 48G will become too big, and start to lose touch with its fanbase. It happens with too many successful companies with great concepts *ahemAPPLEahem*... and this past SSK is probably a flag for which this era of J48G is beginning to unravel.

The idea of more groups though... I don't think it'll develop more in Japan. Unless there's a mass exodus to Sapporo in the next five years, SPR48 isn't going to happen. And they've covered all the rest now with STU... so all that's left is kaigai. Will focus on kaigai newness mean content robbed from J48G to pay for it? Hope not.