1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Mukaichi Mion (Miion)

Discussion in 'AKB48 Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, Jun 5, 2013.

1. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
    170616 Showroom

if the video does not show watch the video here

News about the sousenkyo getting relocated was released while Mion was on Showroom so she found out about it through the comments.
    Her reaction after reading the news article:
    [​IMG]
    She's adorable even when she's angry. :hehe:

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Mion fell out of senbatsu and is undergirls center :(.

3. edizxne

edizxne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Twitter:
    edizxne
    17th, Undergirls center. Fell out of Senbatsu.
    The moment she and Miichan hugged as she walked onstage is just heartbreaking. :cry:
    Cheer up Miion!

4. DivineIdolMayu

DivineIdolMayu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Was disappointed when I read that Mion didn't make the Senbatsu this year but still proud of her for being the Undergirls Center.

5. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i was sure that she's make Kami 7 :(
    but at least she's #17 and i think she's an amazing center

6. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Well disappointing but at least she is centering a song. Better than nothing. Still gonna stay one of my favs regardless her position. She's so cute!

7. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
    To be honest, I knew Mion had a very small chance of ranking in kami 7 this year and thought there might even be a chance she'd lose a few thousand votes because she's lost fans in recent months. But I was so sure Mion would at least rank within senbatsu again.

In the past year, I've seen many fans oshihen from Mion and move onto Team 8, D2, NGT or Keyaki. Some still consider themselves Mion oshis but their general interest in her seem to be far less than before. This is something other Mion oshis have noticed as well and I've also spoken about it with a few of them. I know it's normal for fans to lose interest and move on but it still made me sad to see it happen to Mion especially because she works so hard and according to other members, she constantly puts AKB before herself. Seeing her lose fans made me feel like her love for AKB, determination and efforts were going largely unnoticed and unappreciated.

Mion did an interview with Bubka magazine a couple of months ago where she admitted that she's felt stagnated ever since her 19th birthday and thinks the wall in front of her has become too high for her to overcome. She also knows TwI did not leave a good impression on fans and because of that, she thinks she made no contribution to AKB by being center. But it wasn't her fault TwI was so poorly received and I absolutely hate that she blames herself for it. Despite that, Mion's love for AKB continued to motivate her and she set kami 7 as her goal this year because she wanted to protect AKB so that they don't have to heavily rely on their sister groups anymore (she also spoke about this on her mobile mail). I loved how ambitious Mion was, so I tried to be positive despite having my doubts and hoped her love for AKB and passion as an idol would motivate her fans to vote more.

Needless to say, I was absolutely devastated to hear Mion's name get called at 17th. I'm really worried how it'll affect her position as a young ace and her work opportunities until the next sousenkyo. It's likely that she'll still be included in management chosen senbatsu but her chances of being center again or just standing in the front row of senbatsu have probably diminished for the time being.

I'm sorry the above paragraphs were so negative but this is the most disappointed and heartbroken I've ever been as a Mion oshi. Apart from centering another coupling song, the only positive outcome from her ranking 17th that I can think of is that Mion won't be so busy doing senbatsu promotions this summer. That means she should have more time in the next few months to perform more stages, go on Showroom often, appear on variety shows again (she hasn't appeared on AKBingo since October and Nemousu since November). Perhaps doing all that can help Mion revive some of the interest from fans who moved on or gain new fans. Filming dramas, appearing on music shows and only getting brief closeups during senbatsu promotions this past year certainly didn't help her very much. Maybe appearing on other media outlets that Mion hasn't had time for recently can be more beneficial for her.

Next year, I hope I won't feel the need to write such a long post expressing my disappointment. I hope Mion not only ranks back in senbatsu but also reaches kami 7.

Anyway, Mion's Showrooms for today, before and after the sousenkyo. She ended her recent Showroom with a smile, hopefully that means she'll be able to cheer up and feel better soon<3

8. Azralix

Azralix Kenkyuusei

@sgtbubba well said

Let's stay strong and show Mion a better scene next year.

9. XOMuseHeart

XOMuseHeart Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I suspected it. Especially with how management seemed to not to continue with the grand push after Tsubasa wa iranai. She still received quite a few jobs and there was her solo live. But I noticed a decline in her fan base too.

I truly believe that she will be able to climb up ranks in to Kami 7 next year. (^_^ )

10. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    I felt so disappointed that Mion dropped in rank to undergirls, I was really hoping she would at least rise in rank a little. I wish management kept with a good push after TwI since I thought that wasn't a great song and she deserved a better song to center. On the bright side we get another Mion centered single!

11. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

Miion is such a hardworker and a lovely girl. I expected her to reach at least top10 next year :gavel:
    We have a center song anyway.

@sgtbubba THIS! :) Thank you so much for your looong message[hehe] but don't be sad guys, she will reach the top sooner or later.
    Yeah, Im feeling kinda positive today :lol:

12. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Miion ranked 13th in 2016 with 47,094 votes....this year she got 35,201 votes ......wow she lost 11,893 votes in 1 year....

wth is going on ? scandal ? dropping from Senbatsu to Undergirls must be disappointed....

13. Rurouni

Rurouni Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

I'm thinking that it is more about last year number being boosted by her centering a single. Without it, she probably would've got around 2017 number last year. Remember that after TwI, it is basically about Jurina, Sakura, and the graduates (Paruru and Kojiharu). She is supposed to be an AKB ace, but they didn't really gave her the ace treatment compared to other sister group aces. After TwI, her push somewhat came to a halt and management decided to focus on JuriSaku again. Just look at Cabasuka Gakuen and Tofu, her role is crappy. I thought on Tofu it would be decent, then Blackberry Mukaichi happened :( If Blackberry Mukaichi character is something like Gekikara, then it would be a good opportunity to show Miion acting, but Blackberry Mukaichi felt like a joke character. When I saw Blackberry Mukaichi, my mind immediately thought "why?".

The good thing is that Mayuyu announced graduation since it would free up at least a spot at the front. The bad thing is that Mayuyu probably will get to center the 50th single, thus the focus will be on Mayuyu. That means the possibility for her centering or at least at the front of an a-side single would be next year unless management brave enough to put her at the front for the 50th single. Even then, I doubt Miion will be the focus and it will be Mayuyu that is doing the talking at music program, accompanied by Sasshi and Yukirin.
    Of course we saw that you don't necessarily need to have an ace push to have lots of votes, but votes aren't the same as popularity. It doesn't mean that Ogiyuka is suddenly more popular than Miion, it just that Miion probably can only overcome the vote deficit by increasing the amount of fans instead of trying to find that rich fans and to increase the amount of fans will need more (better) exposure.
    The other way to increase the votes is to make the fans more attached to you so that they are willing to spend more money. More theater performance and keep trying to improve her HS experience should help. For more theater performance, not being in the top 16 should give her more theater opportunity and hopefully she can perform a lot at the theater during this 49th single period.

• Like Like x 1
  14. superficialfan

superficialfan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    What do we have here?[hehe] It is ok by the way (I think graduating is good for Mayu), I respect Mion and I liked her in NnM when she subbed for Mayu. I think she did well in other things. Hopefully Mion can bounce back, I really like her.

15. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

@Rurouni thanks for the reply and i agree that Cabasuka Gakuen + Tofu really didnt do much for Miion. plus its hard to gain new fans when these late night drama were broadcasted. the 11k votes dropped could be a combination of things....like the rise of NGT and the management inconsistent push in 2016. Now with STU48....wota got lots of option out there...I think next year will be difficult to gain more votes (STU48 addition)

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  16. akbsnsd

akbsnsd Kenkyuusei

@sgtbubba that was a brilliant write up, thank you for that. While I have drifted away from the fandom I always kept tabs on miion and a few other members.

On of the things that surprised me this year was yes, she did lose votes, her "rival" naachan and juri only gained 5k and 1k respectively. So yes I am disappointed she lost votes, but it's more of slap in the face that if she just kept consistent votes she would have placed in between 9-10.

I'm more disappointed that she lost so much when the entry to senbatsu this year was so low. I hope management will keep her push and not akicha or rie her.

17. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

Anyone know what did she said in her speech?

18. Rurouni

I don't hate Mayuyu, the problem is that there is no place at the front for pushes unless they push the member as a center (Mion TwI). As long as Mayuyu there, Mion or other AKB member won't get a chance to stand at the front row. That is the reality for AKB member. I would like to see Mayuyu double center with a younger member because I think it is the best way to promote the younger member, but I don't think it would happen with her graduation single. How AKB younger member can match Jurina or Sakura when they aren't being treated the same? So when I said it is a good thing that Mayuyu graduate, basically I'm trying to take the positive thing from Mayuyu graduation and not necessarily I want Mayuyu to graduate. Actually I have wrote somewhere that I hope that no big AKB members graduate soon (so no Mayuyu and Yukirin, and possibly Miichan or anyone that potentially will get a graduation single) because that would mean stalling the progress of the younger gen members. Remember that after TwI, we've got LT (SSK single), HT (grad single), SS (grad single). And the one time that it is free from SSK and grad single, they use Jurina and Sakura as the center (NnM). Now we're back to SSK single, and the next one will probably be Mayuyu grad single. So we need to wait until next year for the possibility of a younger gen AKB member centering an AKB single! That is almost 2 years after TwI! and that wouldn't even guaranteed that AKS will choose an AKB member as the center for the 51st single :(

19. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
    Mion's sousenkyo speech
    I’m Mukaichi Mion from AKB48 Team K. Everyone who supported me, thank you very much.

I’ve been given many chances since joining the group and I’ve been nothing but happy these past 4 years. But I think this is the first time in my life that I’ve had such a regrettable experience. However, I love AKB48. There’s no telling what will happen to me but because I love AKB48, I’ll absolutely use this ranking as a spring. I’ll continue to do my best aiming towards the top.

Truthfully, there’s something I’ve wanted to say ever since I’ve been part of senbatsu and I dare say it here. The current AKB is greatly supported by our sister group members, we’re being helped but I think that shouldn’t be the case. After all, AKB should be the center of the 48 [group] no matter what because I believe our desire to continue being the best hasn’t changed. And certainly, I want to help pull AKB. So I’d like to declare that AKB48 belongs to AKB48 and we can’t just give it up to everybody else.

17th place… I really do still have a long way to go but please continue to support me in the future. Thank you very much.
    credit: http://uelectrifymylife.tumblr.com/post/162004827122

---

Mion placed 1st in the Rakuten Oshimen Sousenkyo: http://books.rakuten.co.jp/event/akb48/
    Her prize is some kind of PR work, the event page doesn't give too much detail though. But Rakuten is the biggest Japanese online retailer, it might turn out to be a nice opportunity for her.

Flash magazine on sale June 20th
    [​IMG]

Mion's interview during the sousenkyo Showroom

170618 Tofu Showroom

170619 Showroom
    She randomly chose and fulfilled 17 fan requests from the comments.

@Rurouni @CutePanda
    Regarding Tofu and Cabasuka, the filming schedule and doing two dramas back to back was also inconvenient for Mion. On Showroom, she said she was grateful she was chosen to be in AKB dramas (and having a solo concert) because those were good experiences for her. But Mion thinks filming the dramas took time away from other opportunities where she could've connected with fans like performing stages. I believe many Mion fans would agree with her because I've seen plenty of comments which said they would've preferred Mion doing other jobs instead. The time she spent filming dramas wasn't worth it for them because they weren't interested.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  20. Rurouni

Personally, I think it will depends on what kind of role that a member get. If it is the main, then it should be worth it. Most people are attracted to the protagonist or at least one of the important character. In Cabasuka she was neither. In Tofu, I thought when she was Sakura school friend, her role would be great but then it went downhill. By now, I think almost every 48G fan should know about Miion, the problem is how to make them attached to her. Being relegated to almost a background character in both Cabasuka and Tofu is not really helping her in appealing to 48G wota (which is probaly the majority of people that watch Cabasuka and Tofu). I agree with you that appearing in AKBINGO would help her more vs in Cabasuka or Tofu. At least in AKBINGO at the minimum she would be at the front and people can see her real charm better than in a drama.
    The biggest problem tho is that AKB isn't as big as it used to be. It is getting harder and harder to attract new fans and the current fans that they have are being spread out to support more members than ever (more SGs). Fans that support the older gen members looks to be also graduating from AKB after their oshimen graduate/not participating thus we didn't see a lot of vote transfer from Yukirin, Paruru, and Kojiharu voters. And of course we can't forget about the competition with Nogi and Keyaki. If nothing is changed, I doubt that any AKB younger gen member can challenge Jurina or Sakura. Having more votes than Yuihan would already be an achievement considering the current situation.