1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Event / Concert AKB48 49th Single Senbatsu Sousenkyo (17/06/17)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 20, 2017.

1. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Miichan is an admitted "Attentin Whore"? She's like a Gremlin - You give her even a Drop too much 'spotlight' & she does whatever got her attention 4 times HARDER until the camera shuts off!- LOL. Jurina is getting gigs outside AKB (Starring in TV shows, TV ads, Gravures, ect) AND she rules SKE to boot. What is Geesh doing besides being Geesh. ANY Attention is GOOD Attention in Geesh's mind. Think of the Jobs & things Jurina probably turns down daily & yet maintains such a position in SKE/AKB.

Geesh is chasing the Spotlight - Jurina in numerous ways say "Stay there Until I call you! or Daddy (AKI-P) says to come over"- lol. Haruppi's "Struggle" is REAL - Jurina's is a Dramatization of 'Struggle'- lol.

My Worst FEAR Ever is that someone in America (or Japan) figures out a way to make Geesh (as a Former Also Ran Idol) Funny. Like she stars in a show about a women being an Over-The-Hill Teen Idol & she's dumped on but it's a comedy satire on "Old Cow vs New Cow" & maybe she finds Love w/ a guy who is too good for her & it's a Comedy...But it's The TOTAL TRUTH above Geesh in AKB...only Now, it's Parody & Redemption in the Public Eye. THIS would work in America (with Hillary Duff even). Japan is NOT that type of culture.

It would let her lampoon herself but NOT glorify her "hanging on" as an Idol- Even KojiHaru as gorgeous as she is called herself a "Grandma" in Idol years. Geesh wants "attention" for being GEESH - not being an Idol. She's like the guy in "Curb your Enthusiasm" - sitting on a bench saying "Why did this happen"- But WE know why, & we keep watching because the Character Doesn't...and we laugh & say "How can she NOT Know"? Geesh knows how she fits into Japan...and she's pretending it doesn't matter. Takamina milked 1 event for 16 months- Geesh will get 6 weeks tops before say ENOUGH Already- who are you Takamina?? - lol.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2017
  2. C_chan

C_chan Kenkyuusei

Yeah, that and how they say Mayu is graduating because she ranked #2, that's why I was asking if it was real or fake

Thanks a lot all of you!

In other news, OgiYuka speech with subs: https://goo.gl/XGpv1v

EDIT: Didn't realize that there's a list of lots of member speaches with subs there

3. atsukoD

atsukoD Kenkyuusei

4. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    Yumeki is... bad. I wouldn't take that blog as reference because it's a bunch of bs most of the time xD for an idol fan he seems to lack understanding of the subtleties of the idol industry and instead talks about it according to his own narrative. Won't stop giving his opinions in articles like that which are supposed to be informative. Idk, I just don't like the man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

Not that I particularly disagree with your general point, but can you please use her proper name or nickname? She may be well past her sell by date in AKB terms but she does at least deserve the respect of having her name being used properly.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    Point taken... However, since you've asked.
    I am using "Geesh" because it was what she was called on English Forums, in countless New School Kaiden videos, & Tokyo Hive, Tumblr & Twitter since as long as I've been involved w/ AKB48. I didn't invent it. Some of her most Die-Hard Oshi's called her "Geesh" from NSK - I often would get confused seeing people write "Miichan" (like who's that?). It's the difference between calling Kojima Haruna - KojiHaru vs NyanNyan. Geesh is NOT a negative title and I've been using it on Stage48 since Jan 2013 probably. It's easier than writing Minami & 40% of the time I use "Minegishi" - I may have used "Miichan" 10 times in my life. I was using "Geesh" cause that's what others used, people who were far more devoted to her than I. It's not negative & I didn't create it.

I can provide examples if you don't believe me. So you would like me to Alter how I refer to her simply out of some Japanese Respect? I may or may not do so. I personally always thought it was a cool name. The males that invented it ADORED Her. I'll ask David Laio (the guy who got the award for the Internation Fan video version of "KFC" on Stage by Takamina) of NSK if "Geesh" should be retired as a 'Nickname' & report back to you.

7. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Miichan doesn't get as many opportunities as Jurina, that's true, but Jurina is trying just as hard as Miichan. However, Miichan still has smaller gigs and does work outside of AKB as well (especially variety), but since you don't like her obviously you don't follow her, thus you don't see what else she is doing. Today, she is on ABC's "Kore dare!? Ijin-den nani shita!? Dai chousa da." Just because she is not an actress, doesn't mean she isn't worth any less - the point of AKB having so many members is to have diversity. If everyone was an actress, it'd be boring.

Jurina, on the other hand, isn't that good at variety in my opinion. But that's okay, 'cause she's got other values.

Everyone in AKB is as desperate as the other to get new opportunities and jobs. You don't have to like Miichan, but don't praise Jurina for something you bash Miichan for. Double standards are boring and exhausting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    If people bothered to visit Miichan's thread of any fanpage for that matter they would know that she appears frequently on TV shows and that she even got a movie lead last year. As a result of this and her rather long trajectory compared to most girls in 48G, her public recognition is comparable to Jurina's, and in some polls, she shows even better results. Saying "Geesh has no outside work whatsoever" is a plain lie. But this is going vastly offtopic so I'll leave it at that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    • Like Like x 2
  10. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
  11. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

What a sad disaster it all was, so glad I didn't bother watching. Hopefully Aki-P goes bankrupt one day.

12. Slacker13

Slacker13 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oguriyui
    I got the Answers on the Miichan (Geesh) story. David himself told me that Atron invented it & it's basically a pet name. A Fan name. Like when I call KomiHaru - SmileChan or SmileMonster.

I AM glad to hear that Geesh has numerous gigs away from AKB. Seriously I used to enjoy her & she's certainly more "cerebral" than most Idols. If she's able to get gigs away from AKB why not make it full time?? I'm very happy to hear she's NOT as pathetic as I was fearing. She's lucky to have such earnest fans willing to educate others. You'd probably like the NSK guys - they've always loved her. I actually love Suda Akari because they are also big fans of Suda from the early days of SKE - they have a chant "Suda! Suda! Suda! Suda!"-

See! the more you know!`

from 17% to 13% in only 1 year?? That's the same sudden drop that "The Walking Dead" got by mid-season in America after they killed 2 fan favs... It's referred to as a "Hemorrhaging Viewers" - this occurred after only 3-4 episodes (1 month span). But for a MAJOR Superbowl like Yearly event like SSK - that's even Worse! The Academy Awards (The Oscars) have been slipping for years but Nothing like that.

13. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

I know we all want to talk about Riripon but we need to talk about how hard Mion tanked! GAWD. AKB really died.

14. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    I was actually thinking about that, I honestly think that they should push Juri instead...

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

15. Ashitaba

Ashitaba Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Minegishi Minami
    I wouldn't give up on Miion just yet. With these results we can't tell if her fanbase got complacent or if she has really lost people's interest. I'd continue her push and wait another year to see what happens. I have faith in her.

16. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

I wasn't surprised actually. I don't think she gained much momentum this past year and she stopped being the big management favourite. Meanwhile Juri and Naachan were a little more consistent in their rank trajectories.

17. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Same, plus this has happen to Miyuki (2014), Dasu (2015), and Churi (2016) and they were able to get back into senbatsu the following year.

18. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

It's not even about her ranking in SSK again. Senbatsu meanss shite when there are member in there that I, a fan of AKB48 Group, don't even know of. I'm just worried about her falling out of management favour. Since Mion is the only akb new gen member that's remotely interesting, I hope they stick with her even if she tanks.

Being an annoying bossy know it all b*tch duh! This nugu needs to learn how to mind her own business. Any girl who perpetuates the idea that the members should "belong" to the wotas is dead to me. Anyway us Riripon fans are happy for her and are happy to plan her wedding. I hope she stays as a member even after marriage just to piss on all the sex shamers out there. I'm looking forward to her press conference since it seems like there are some very peculiar circumstances that led to this. In any case, she's reinventing what it means to be an idol and we love it. Mayu's defeat this SSK is symbolic of how traditional idol values are now officially DEAD.

Sorry, I talked about Riripon even though I didn't want to.

19. alohano

alohano Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Preach it!!!! Love the username by the way!!

Re Mion, you're sooo right. My goodness, the rest....ZZZZZZ

20. parukii

parukii Kenkyuusei

^thank you :)

As for the future of AKB... Well there is one girl who constantly gained votes and ranks. She's now the 7th highest ranked AKB member. KATO RENA.