1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Oshima Yuko (Yuko) / 2nd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by kaito, Jun 5, 2007.

1. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Maalat maybe or she realized she was wrong with the video and wanted to apologize.

2. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama

if the video does not show watch the video here

Could I get a summary translation on these videos? People seem to be quite angry with Yuko. Or are people just hung up from the "FUCK" clip.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2017
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    There was a translation on the previous page.

4. YO_OY

YO_OY Member

I think SpookieSenpai is talking about the videos that was posted with Yuko and Kojiharu and not the "F**K" video.

I know I'm not one of angry people and the "F**K" video didn't do anything to make me upset.

5. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Actually, I was attracted to AKB solely because of Yuko. But, after I saw the video, my respect to her drains away.

I'm sorry for not being supportive to your eyes guys, but for me personally, she's out of control. Her image is so different in the video with what she has built for a long time. She might be frustrated, but as a senpai (really respected senpai, a goddess for current AKB member), she acted like a spoiled br*t.

It's okay tho since she had apologised. But I can't unsee her dark side. How I look her has changed.

6. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Guys, Japanese people don't understand entirely what does the F bomb mean. They are more just at awe for her brutal disrespectful mockery behavior towards someone else.

And Yuko knows she got carried away hence the apology. So it's not JUST an apology for the F bomb.

7. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @RedBug I understand your feelings but as @marioworldakb said, I´m sure Yuko understood she was wrong with the video and saw the bad reactions it had so she apologized.
    I hope this will be a lesson for her and she matured from this.No one is perfect, hopefully she learned her lesson.

8. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-05-34.png Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-05-43.png Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-05-49.png Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-05-50.png Screenshot_2017-06-26-12-05-53.png
    Yuko on her instagram story (26th June)

She looks so beautiful :inlove:<3

9. Ender Wiggin

Ender Wiggin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I don't get this. Yuko has always been the spontaneous member who said what's on her mind. She's told off Yukarin and many other AKB senpai. She pissed off other celebrities like the comedians Fruits Punch and Kusanagi from SMAP. She's publicly berated Sayaka countless times, even though they are BFF's. She's always had more of the "Western" approach to saying what's on her mind. The honne-tatemae shtick hardly applies to her. She's pretty frank for a Japanese person, and that's a huge breath of fresh air.

And how is she acting like a spoiled brat? She said what many other people were thinking, which is actually commendable. Did you notice how many OG AKB members liked and shared her post? They have every right to be frustrated with some uppity draftee who thinks she can do whatever the hell she wants, everything else be damned.

If you think this side of Yuko is dark, then I fear what you would think when you come across the dirt some of the more traditional idols have in store for you.

*Edit: Just noticed others here saying that was she did was "wrong". Do you guys honestly believe that what she did was "wrong"?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Thank you for your time.
    Glad you consider my opinion and have tried to keep me on track about Yuko.
    I'm not turning to be an anti of her, I just realized that Yuko is able to do that. You know about Yuko better than me, I'm just expressing my opinion.

11. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @Ender Wiggin We can have different opinions about this and is ok. I agree with what you said about Yuko´s personality but I think it would have been better for her to not post that video about Riripon. Of course, others can disagree with me. Maybe it would have been better to express her anger in other way, because there are other people who think different about her now because of a "controversy" that could have been avoided. You are right about that other OG members liked the video as well. But yes, it would have been better for them to not say anything unless they were asked in an interview or a show.
    Anyways, it happened already so we have to support Yuko and stay united,despite having different opinions sometimes.

12. CrssA

CrssA Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Tbh i dont see anything wrong for her mocking riripon like that.

She's one of the best 48G member have ever had , and how she carried the group to the glory in her time , its a normal things she got pissed off with how riripon's act on the ssk .

Riripon's got a very decent amount of vote for her tier , and can you imagine how much money her fans spend to bring her into undergirls? Marriage announcement after tons of money have been spent for help you got decent rank is totally disrespectfull joke lol.

Its a weird but also a normal thing in this fandom , if you join the group , dont ever think to have a relationship , at least when you're still an active member of the groups.

Its true what she said maybe a little bit to harsh with suddenly mocking riripon like that ,

But i dont see anything wrong from how she pissed off with riripon's act.

13. YukoOshimafan

YukoOshimafan Member

Oshimen:
    Shimazaki Haruka
    @CrssA Of course, Riripon acted the wrong way there and specially announcing it that way during the elections.
    I just think the whole thing was just messed up. And because of that maybe it would have been better to avoid comment, Yuko is graduated and even if she was pissed off, she could avoid this issue, like other OG members (unless they were asked). So she could not post the video and she wouldn´t have to deal with people bashing her because of it.
    I hope people aren´t hating on Yuko because of the video.

14. mickwserr

mickwserr Kenkyuusei

hello, sorry i
    hello, can i ask when Yuko told Yukarin/Sayaka and other members off? i never followed the group dynamics, so i don't know about this. thanks

15. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I don't know about the Sayaka incident. I talked about it with an anonymous person on Tumblr, who told me that the Yukirin incident happened in the No Flower Without Rain documentary, and (I quote the person who told me): Yuko berated Yukirin in No Flower Without Rain iirc, bc Takamina was tired and the girls were being childish and lazy, so yuko told Yukirin to respect Takamina and help her with the concerts. i don't remember the exact words sorry but in that case Yuko was totally in the right." http://akisayaka.tumblr.com/post/162504281089/yuko-berated-yukirin-in-no-flower-without-rain

16. ABF48

ABF48 Member

not yukirin, i rlly remember that.. its not yukirin. but dang it i cant recall who it is.

anyway why we still talking about this topic, it news alrdy dies weeks ago lol

here i give u guys another yuko sarcasm lol

https://twitter.com/okano8ch0000000/status/881461029187735552

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017
  17. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^It's not Yukirin, it's Yukarin, Sato Yukari. I remember hearing about it in Mariko's Ariyoshi Kyowakoku Graduation Special episode, that she told Yukarin and some other member(?) off because they were chatting and not rehearsing, and Takamina was in a bad condition, so Yuko helped her out

I get my TakaYuu moments right ;)

18. sgtbubba

sgtbubba Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Mukaichi Mion
    https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170704-00000001-dal-ent
    Yuko will be taking a break from the entertainment industry in order to travel overseas. Due to privacy reasons, Ohta Pro didn't mention how long Yuko's break will be or where she'll go. But it's predicted that her break could start as early as August after she finishes all her scheduled fan meetings this month.

19. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    What she did is not wrong in our western perspective, but in Japan it's a big nono for a famous public talent to express in such a way. As you can see most of the normal people in Japan was shocked and condemned Yuko for such vulgar action. Not everyone is a wota of hers who followed her for years to understand her character and her reasoning behind it. (Or care too much)

In the end it's not good for her public reputation, she is not in AKB anymore and should refrain from commenting on anything about it. (Which Acchan, Paru and Kawaei is being a great example of)

20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jul 4, 2017