1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Matsumura Sayuri (Sayurin) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by ~~kumako~~, Feb 20, 2012.

1. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Hey there, I have translated April's and May's blog entry. Please let me know if this effort is already being done elsewhere or not, do not want duplicate work floating around :)

4/17: https://conjyak.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/it-is-not-kingdom-hearts-o・・o/

4/18: https://conjyak.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/matsumura-sayuri-of-course-we-need-everyone-o・・o/

4/19: https://conjyak.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/matsumura-sayuri-its-true-o・・o/

4/27: https://conjyak.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/matsumura-sayuri-3rd-genn-o・・o/

5/01: https://conjyak.wordpress.com/2017/05/24/matsumura-sayuri-playing-janken-by-myself-o・・o/

If no one else is translating her blogs, I'll keep translating her blog for the foreseeable feature.
    Thanks to Conjyak for quality checking my translating and for allowing me to upload the post on his wordpress

• Like Like x 1
  2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Thank you for the translations!

3. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  4. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  5. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
  6. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Sayuringo and her bass guitar. :cute:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

More

8. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

I don't see how you can say she didn't pay any particular price. Before her scandal, she did a lot of variety but that pretty much ended for a lengthy time. I think Umazuki! was the only variety show that she was able to appear on shortly after her hiccup. She also lost her prominent front row senbatsu standing. Since then she never was placed in the front. That is a hefty price to pay to include losing a lot of fans don't you think?

Concerning Kõhaku, people can easily put the blame on Ringo and I get that. But we do not know for sure she is the sole reason why they didn't go that year. We can only speculate.

Sayuri knows ahe messed up but she has done more than enough to patch things up. Let me ask you this, what must she do to make things right? Lastly, I don't see anything wrong members doing VA work. They are indirectly promoting the group and also advancing their career. I inow you were particularly upset with her missing 3rd album HS and didn't know why ahe couldn't attend. But her musical was brought to light as the reason behind this.

9. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    She's back in Fukujin for the last 2 singles despite barely having senbatsu-level popularity right? You can't really say she lost her standing. A "hiccup" would be better used to describe her "punishment" than her actual mistake.
    We can only speculate, but we can be pretty sure.

What must she do? Never miss a day of work. Even if she has to refuse musical, theatre, model, VA, drama, movie work doesn't matter. Put all Nogi work first. 1 30 slot member is worth ~20k sales, and each 20k sales is important promotion for the group.
    The kouhaku drop set them back massive promotion and the negative news was awful for their clean image.
    She no longer has a right to put her career in front of the group until she leaves, in my eyes. Especially if she's getting back in fukujin.

10. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Not being flippant here, but what does a day of work consist of for an idol? I here the members say they go to work, but I don't really grok what that means. I thought media appearances made up a bunch of it. Is it something else like signing posters, post cards, etc? I just want some insight into the idol life.

As for Ringo, it is the former Catholic in me that forgives her for her transgressions. Idols are humans. Yes, there are rules and norms that they are expected to follow. It would be a Japanese thing to truly understand the idol foul, but I am not Japanese and I accept her as a member still.

If management had forced her to graduate at that time, I would've accepted it as well as being peeved at her, that guy, the whole stinking idol system. But seeing that they didn't, it is water under the bridge. I'm thinking lots of these decisions with missed HS are blessed by management. They surely kept Ringo in the group for some reason knowing that the group would take a hit. They allow them to miss important fan centric events. It seems all calculated. Nogizaka46 still rose even with the taint of her scandal. They will keep going even without key members at HS. It does Nogi no good to hold anyone member back; get them [members] out front to grow the group as a whole.

11. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    First of all, thanks for the proper explanations. Although I am on Takoyama's side, I now understand the different opinions and sentiments better.

Also @NyanNyan's Pet , to answer your question in the other topic, I called it bashing because the last time we discussed about Sayuringo, al lot of members just spouted groundless speculation and unfair accusations. I won't allow that.
    I feared a repetition of that discussion, but I am glad we are having a proper discussion now.

Sayuringo is also a human being, and she made a mistake. It happens. I think it should not follow her for the rest of her career, her life, or whatever.
    She didn't murder someone or something like that. I think that in some point in time, we should move on.

12. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I should clarify a few things
    I shouldn't have said "not miss a day of work" because that's not what I meant literally. She can miss days, of course. But it's full singles/albums worth of HS that I can't accept her missing.

As for whether I forgive her for what she did? I never held it against her.
    I don't care about idols having boyfriends. That doesn't affect how I enjoy idols.
    But she did hold Nogi back probably a full year's worth of promotion for it. Even if it doesn't affect me, that kind of thing needs to be treated with gravitas.
    I'm not looking for "punishment" for her, that would be meaningless, but as long as she remains in Nogi, especially with the privileged position of fukujin,
    putting Nogi before herself, acknowledging that privilege she has just being there after the trouble she caused and acting accordingly and responsibly, is the least that should be expected.

Every job she has is because Nogi didn't kick her out despite it being a normal way to handle the situation, despite the immense trouble and set backs she caused.

13. Takoyama

Takoyama Next Girls

Although I respect your opinion I do feel you are being a bit unreasonable here. It seems rather heartless that she cannot advance her career while in the group. People make mistakes and I'm glad mgmt had the heart to let her stay.

Unfortunately, people are still bitter and are unable to let this go.

14. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Different to what I said. She has to put Nogi before her career. As long as it doesn't interfere with Nogi I don't care whatever else she does.

15. Berii

Berii Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Omori Maho
    Even the not-so-popular girls may skip events due of outside commitments. Ringo loves the group and while maybe a lot of people dislikes her or are still carrying grudges for the scandal, if she's still in demand for outside jobs, it means there's a demand for her. Obviously cannot compare to Maiyan's, Nanase's or Ikuchan's, but there it is.

Sayuri's past actions should not define who she is forever, it's been a long time since then and the group is successful as ever despite of what happened YEARS ago. While I understand that there are fans still upset with her and @kanjo 's reasoning, I asume that the girls don't have full control about what they do on her schedule. Like for example, what if she couldn't reject the job at all? Because orders from above?

I don't know, she's my favorite member and was one of the first members I ever liked from Nogizaka46 and while she may not excel in many areas like other members, she's doing her best. Maybe the VA job can teach her more discipline in foreign groups from the regular activities and (obviously) promote the group as well.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  16. UrFavAsianGuy

UrFavAsianGuy Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

This. This also applies to Ikutan/Nanase/Maiyan. The group brought them to where they are now. By choosing/refusing to not find a day (Or few hours) to do HS for the fans. It's such a slap in the face. ONe single? Sure. but Maiyan and others have done this for what 3 releases in a row now?

I also don't understand why people keep bringing the scandal. I don't even know Sayuringo was ever in a scandal. Nor do I care to find out what kind of scandal it was. This is simply about her and not being able to participate in HS. at least to me.

17. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    here's a summary of Sayuringo's new anime "Clione no Akari" where she will be the seiyuu of Minori.
    https://myanimelist.net/anime/35114/Clione_no_Akari

i'm looking forward to it.does she have other previous roles?

18. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

i don't know what speculation and other accusations you're saying other than what everyone knows, but if there were, like i said on the other thread, it's expected to come her way. she's not the only member getting bashed here and there. do i support these kind of things? no, i don't.
    i don't care about idols dating, kissing, or whatever they do on closed door. i don't care what she does with her private life. she's not the only member who have past relationship. but the effect of her action to the whole group, and it happened while she is a member, that's the difference.
    move on? sure, but i stick to what i said. she owe it to them (for as long as she's with Nogizaka) for carrying the burden they as a group didn't need to endure. that's all i said. i don't know if it's a negative statement, don't know if i'll be considered her basher or hater for saying this. well, that's ok. we have different opinions anyway.
    that's all for me, gonna go check back at any 18th single update :)

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @NyanNyan's Pet There was some speculation about the reason she didn't attend the previous HS events, and it went too far in my opinion.

Your opinion isn't groundless, and although I don't agree with it, I respect your opinion. No hard feelings from my side anyway.

20. SUPER☆LeMON

SUPER☆LeMON Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    higuchihina
    I rather she spends time practicing the bass (the coolest and most superior instrument) instead of shaking sweaty otaku palms cause I'm gonna spend money to watch this play!!!

(Money I wouldn't spend on shaking hands)