1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 4th [Fukyouwaon] (2017/04/05)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 14, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Regardless this is how you steal a show lol

AKB's app filter was pretty damn troll too, Keya was just next level

2. af8!

af8! Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tanoyuuka
    I liked the performance. I think it would look better in any outfit besides their Zankoku ones, but I like the dance. It stays true to the name, and the choreo is really interesting.

3. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Exactly where I am, too. I loved it. I want to see more. I want to see it better. I want more medium-long camera shots and less close-up, so I don't miss so much of the choreo and the overall look on stage.

@minaeshi makes a good point about it being a bit rough (except where it counts). This is a perfect match for the wild multi-member Showrooms. Eccentric. Inventive. I'm so glad I became a fan of this group. They have even more going for them than I realized. No wonder they seem so exuberant right now: I think they realize they're doing well, too.

Two shoe things in the two most recent videos: in the M-Station Fukyouwaon, at the beginning you could see the clear tape they use to wrap around their instep and hold their loafers on. On Music Day we have that fabulous idea of brandishing a shoe and then tossing it away, and dancing wearing only one shoe. I like.

4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I don't think I've ever seen a thread on S48 that has so much confirmation bias and instances of people "drinking the kool-aid". That choreography was fucking awful.

5. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

I'm glad I'm not the only one that finds the choreography bad LOL. I find that the choreography does not match the song at all and the shoe thing is just weird af. I'm a huge fan of Keyaki but I'll pass on this.

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    lol

I am eccentric 変わり者でいい
    普通なんかごめんだ 僕は僕でいさせてくれ
    敬遠されたって 好きなように生きてくよ
    カメレオンみたいに同じ色に染まれない

I am eccentric and I’m fine with being strange
    I’ll pass on being normal, just let me be myself
    When people avoid me, I can live as I please
    I refuse to change my color to suit everyone like a chameleon

何が真実(ほんと)なんてどうでもいい
    わかってもらおうなんて無理なんだ
    倒れて行く悪意のドミノ
    止めようたって止められない

訂正したとこで
    また同じことの繰り返し

もう、そういうのうんざりなんだよ

But they don’t really care to have the truth
    Getting them to understand is a waste of time
    I can knock over that bunch of malicious dominos
    Even if you tell them to stop, they’ll keep going

And every time you correct them
    They just start doing it all over again

I’m fed up with it already!

Nuff said

===============================

btw the members on SR points out the choreograph is actually not just a random squidward dance. (Another version it seems)

All members have their own individual characteristic choreograph during the chorus
    https://twitter.com/enter_gncr24/status/881164374177595394?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://keyakittenani.blog.jp/archives/23290498.html

https://twitter.com/imizikumoito/status/881173256396341248?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://keyakittenani.blog.jp/archives/23290498.html

https://twitter.com/gjapab/status/881166537754726400?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://keyakittenani.blog.jp/archives/23290498.html

Like...Sugai Yuuka is a drone beetle, Ishimori Nijika is Ostrich, Sato Shiori is a photo, Saito Fuyuka is doing the Awa Odori

• Like Like x 1
  7. zakihime

zakihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I find it weird how people expect eccentric choreography to be nice when the song title is called eccentric. do you guys know the meaning of eccentric or do i need to search it up for you guys?

• Like Like x 2
  8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I don't think we should even use the idol standard to even measure this performance is good or bad since it was meant to be an art form of expressing their individuality on the stage.

At least it was easily the most entertaining performance in the Music Program lol. And it is getting a lot of people talking about it.

9. glsone

glsone Member

It has a negative connotation. It is probably the nicest way to say something is weird though, yeah. Like if you have a crazy friend and people ask you what's wrong with them you'd reply with "Oh, they're just eccentric." It's admitting they're odd, but sugar coating I guess?

I love how polarizing the choreo is. That's what makes it so successful imo. Look at the amount of discussion it's brought about even just here.

10. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Eccentric also carries with it the idea that a person is wealthy or creative, because of the eccentric millionaire and artist tropes. I don't think it is really viewed as a negative term.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  11. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Then this is good enough.

Most of the Japanese netizens are more bewildered by the performance of the image gap (Cute girls x weird dance). So I wouldn't use the word "accident" at least no one I have seen yet on twitter is brave enough to comment it was bad / worse performance on the show. It was mostly eccentric.

12. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    No, to quote the greatest thinker of the modern era "That's just like your opinion, man.", you may see it as a failure others may view it as a success. Neither view is right or wrong.

• Like Like x 5
  13. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I am a 48G fan but sorry I love the octopus dance tho lol Looped the song like 3 hours now

[​IMG]

14. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    There is no 2 levels here, level 2 and meta are your opinions some share them, others don't.
    It would be fair to say that opinions are divided or mixed on both the choreography and performance, it would not be fair to say any individuals opinion on them is the correct opinion except for that individual.
    You are searching for consensus for something that does not require nor will ever have consensus.

15. glsone

glsone Member

@rka
    Just so I'm straight, you're saying that the choreo is bad conceptually and then you are also saying that it was performed poorly? I'll disagree to the choreos concept part but slightly agree with the performance part. Keyakizakas average level of dancing ability is pretty low so it's not that surprising.

Part of the problem is the use of objective words to describe subjective things going on here. Say "I didn't enjoy it." and no one bats an eye. Say "It's bad." and those are fighting words type thing.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Did they really fail that dance, hard? What are the basis?

17. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

18. ariadne32391

ariadne32391 Member

Oshimen:
    watanaberika
    I did mention this in the General Keyakizaka Thread.

Neru said in SR that Takahiro sensei told them that this choreography is either a 0 or a 100, no in between. Just a hit or a miss so the girls were very nervous before performing this as they do not know how the reaction of the audience would be. So how everyone reacting now is actually the expected response.

For me, the choreography is good, it's just that Keyaki members level of dancing is not yet up to par. They need to refine the individual dance parts.

• Like Like x 5
  19. Tempe

Tempe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    long story short...i love the dance! i love keyakichans.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

20. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

for me, its not about the choreo

it just like the dance movement and the way they lipsync, is not sync at all

its looks messy, IMHO the way they perform fukyouwaon is more sync than eccentric....