1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Keyakizaka46 4th [Fukyouwaon] (2017/04/05)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Feb 14, 2017.

1. VincentS

VincentS Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shitaomiu
    Certain parts were good, others were not.
    I get the thought process but that was not it imo.

This was rather disappointing.

2. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

The "confirmation bias" may be more among those who didn't like it, it seems to me. Humans often reject and laugh at things that are different. Jumping over to a group one hardly ever posts about to post attacks on the group and its fans is a discourteous move that one might make if one were worried that one's own group was beginning to be outshone. I'm a K46 fan, but other groups are good, too, each in its own way.

We'll see how the entertainment world takes this. Don't be surprised if the straddle/hang and wakame moves show up in other groups' routines. Techi's grace with these unusual moves proved to me that she really is a dancer.

By the way, of course Fukyouwaon looks neater, @SilentBreeze. They've been doing it for months now. I remember the general reaction to the first clip of an early version of Fukyouwaon, seeing it as quite messy. But I won't criticize your opinion about the dancing. Fair comment. Dancing skill within K46 varies widely.

• Like Like x 1
  3. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    i hope they don't lipsync their "rap" parts the next time they perform this, it would look so much better i think.
    performance wise they could do better and improve, that's a given with this being their first time performing it live to a general audience
    i've watched the performance like 100+ times already i think.. it's on loop on my tv[hehe] & i've also been reading all the negative comments, one things certain: nothing will change my mind. i loved the choreography and i want to see more.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

For a start, it's not my fault that you seem to have been triggered. When a thread becomes an echo chamber of praise and self-validation and reacts defensively to criticism then it loses all objectivity and basis in reality. I came to this thread because I like the 46-groups music in a casual way and I saw the video on twitter and naturally came to this thread to see what discussion there was on the performance and it was, as I said, filled with confirmation bias and lacking in objectivity.

The straddle and arm flopping was the worst part of the choreo imo, even more than the shoe waving and the boob shaking which people have already commented on.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. megawotaku

megawotaku Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    ????so youre saying people arent allowed to like it lol? If you didnt like it, ok, just say it wasnt your cup of tea but you shouldnt attack others for having the opposite opinion. arent we then losing the objectivity you so desperately insist is disappearing?

I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed it. I wish they would've been in street clothes like the performance they did at the last concert. I agree it was a bit messy but nothing that practice won't clean up! Hopefully they'll perform Eccentric more and tweak it perfection like they did Fukyouwaon.

• Like Like x 2
  6. mai48_

mai48_ Member

Twitter:
    maiakikochan
    Didn't some already say that it's either a hit or a miss, love it or hate it? I think the fans who posted praise are already aware that it will be polarizing, they can see why it would be, but they just have the opinion of liking what they saw. From the posts after the performance link post, I don't quite see how it lacked in objectivity. Perhaps, they just didn't elaborate and just wanted to say they liked it? And the posts didn't quite praise it to the sky and beyond, were they. There were a lot of praises in the beginning, maybe that was because those who didn't like the performance didn't say what they like earlier AND without trying to put shade on the fandom? So yeah, I'd be glad to see some more posts that respectfully say that they didn't like it. Those posts are very welcome, at least I think they are so from what I observe in the Keyaki side of S48.

I'm not saying that Keyaki is the coolest, unconventional-est idol group. I simply like what I saw in that performance. It was entertaining. Entertaining performance is good enough for me. It wasn't horrendously bad nor was it extremely good to me, it was entertaining, so it was good for me and I was delighted. If you don't find it entertaining, of course you will find it bad.

I agree though, the dance level of the performance by the girls could be better. I don't have specifics, but to me, Uemuu and Berika were... lacking the umph factor, at least in their closeup shot.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I wont accuse you of being a troll, but you have some troll like tendencies, if you had come in and said you don't like the choreography and or performance because of X, Y and Z, fine people are entitled to their opinions. That is not what you did, you accused anyone of a different opinion than yours of confirmation bias thereby denigrating their opinion. Someone reacts to that and you accuse them of being "triggered". Then try to set yourself up as some defender of critical thinking, the idea that there should be only one opinion on the choreography and performance has been coming from only one side and it's not the one that liked the performance. I hope you can recognize the literal contradiction of your own words.
    If you come at people in a rude manner, don't act shocked when it comes back at you in a similar manner.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  8. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    @megawotaku totally agree, some of the comments i've been reading makes me :fp:

~~

in reply to the other previous posts above:

no one's forcing anyone to love the choreography/performance~ if you hate it then fine i respect that. everyone has their personal opinions so, go ahead post and criticize how bad it was ~ but there's no need to go and force your opinion on others to agree with you , ..

and to criticize the fanbase.. thats just uncalled for, in my opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zakihime

zakihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I'm not saying its terrible, I'm trying to say that people expect it to be like all the other dances. cool and powerful, but for this song they are not trying to tell us all these things, they are trying to tell us that they are eccentric which literally means they are different from others so, I think they did a good job with this choreo. but this is just my opinion so

10. shiro apk

shiro apk Kenkyuusei

some of fans are so salty lately. i like this choreography and it is good. but not the best imo

Sent from my SM-N910H using Tapatalk

11. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I hate the eccentric choreography, it's so cringey.

But the song is super good, so I don't care lol

12. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    The first parts look bad but to be fair to them I've yet to see a good video. High quality and in perfect sync.
    Also the camera work wasn't ideal.
    Still, probably still some work to do on that.

But I enjoyed the octopus and weird parts a lot. Fun, funny and challenging.

The people who came to diss performance (poor weather fans who only come when there's something bad to say) are the same people that have repeatedly claim any opinion that either Keyakizaka or Nogizaka is better in any way than AKB is delusional and invalid. Don't become an echo chamber, but these two users in particular can be safely ignored when it comes to discussing 46g.

• Like Like x 3
  13. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    First, the idea of the performance. Those unusual pattern, moves are matching the "eccentric concept" probably what made an impact on me is the leg spreading when doing the wakame/monkey waves. It's not very elegant, but at the same time, it was it's purpose. Techi being in zombie mode at the beginning, is also disturbing. So that is what i'm answering to people who think the choregraphy is "dasai" (lame). It's weird, but it was the goal. So is it really a blame?

The actual performance, and probably what is being criticized here; all the girls had serious face, and the wakame wave was done in sync. To me the moves were sharp, in opposition of being hesitant. So i didn't feel it was a bad performance.

What bugs me is the hostile intent here. What point do you want prove, by setting people up against each other, calling people here biaised? It's just like all fandom, some people like it (me) and other didn't like it (@VincentS). It's a very convenient shortcut to put us all in the same bag (biaised fans who think they are superior to other fandom) but really it is not the case, and it's unecessary. Not only the substance is untrue (we are not biaised, as everyone has their opinion) but the truth is that some fans here are being triggered because of your way of doing and not because you have a different opinion.

from personal experience, keyakizaka thread is peaceful, much more than the sousenkyo thread. It has become tense right when you come here. Perhaps you like to fake build fights, but it's not going to work.
    If you have an opinion on the performance, just say it, but don't do ad hominem attack on other fan.

It's a general statement, not targeting anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Amen.

15. akibapizza

akibapizza Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    akibapizza
    The ending credits from their drama Zankoku made me expect something else, the choreography looked cooler and organized, them dancing in the gymnasium, in the rain and walking over desks. When I saw the performance I can't help but laugh in some parts :^^;: It might be weird but I enjoyed it.

If i'm not wrong, this is not the first time they performed the song in front of an audience, the first time during their anniversary live and in another event where some of Keyakichans walked in the runway. Maybe they changed the choreo just for this performance.

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

photo from ATC

[​IMG]

this is probably the last time i saw some1 holding their shoes on stage. Now they passed the torch to Keyakizaka46

17. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Rena and her shoes! [hehe] it's classic!

Attached Files:

18. SilentBreeze

SilentBreeze Member

@ukifune yeah

thats what i mean. the choreo i like it since the title is eccentric

but the way they perform it is what get in my consideration.. true fukyouwaon is their single song. ofc it must be better than any chroeo in that album. but yeah maybe just because something so they can't perform it best.

IIRC some of fukyou live perform wasn't always great.

overall i like it, habu shoes that fly so high also so funny but i think its okay

and IIRC again, someone in this thread already posted that last night live of eccentric wasn't the real choreo

• Like Like x 1
  19. recursive

recursive Kenkyuusei

The performance is a little bit mess, but I like it
    The choreo, it's fun, fresh and weird. There's so much fun in there and I hope they will be getting better over time.

It gave justice to the eccentric, an oda nana's justice.

20. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I just want to add (cmmiw) that Nijika said in her SR that she likes Eccentric because this is very different in a way Takahiro told them to express their feeling in dancing.

I didn't knew that they changed this to make it easier to record the MV!! That's such a shame! But does this mean the audience of Birthday Live saw the original choreo?
    Also, iirc Fuuchan said she was hoping to show us the real choreography one day?