1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Wiki - Organization & Discussion

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by aakun, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Tenada

Tenada Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    @goratnik:

With regard to the inconsistency: Are you referring to the inconsistency in my above post or in the page header for the wiki page? Either way, was an oversight on my part - I meant to change all references to "Todokanasou de Todoku Mono" which would put it in line with how the song title is stylised/spelt on its own wiki page but I didn't notice that the page header didn't get amended as well (and I just copied and pasted the page header title into my above post, silly me). Have fixed it though :)

Thanks for letting me know about this. I've watched a few of the Kenkyuusei stages but seems that somehow the ones I watched have just been the remaining Kenkyuusei post-Team Shuffle. :^^;: I've added in your edits already though. At least we've now got the KKS stage page up and to some extent properly updated.

Let me know if you spot anything else I should amend. Thanks!

2. princessairbender

princessairbender Kenkyuusei Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yokoyama Yui (8)
    I've been updating the wiki with some of the recent graduation announcements (profiles/members lists aso.) and I'm trying to updated the Keyakizaka templates and such atm! c:
    Let me know if there are any minor updates that needs to be done and I'll do my best to fix them.

3. JadeFlower

JadeFlower Member

Twitter:
    sarahfylxr
    About the names: uu, ou, ii etc. yes but oo no? Example: Tano Yuuka, Sutou Ririka, Iino Miyabi but not Ooshima Yuuko?

Edit: Maybe we should add a name section to the infobox with Kanji/ Hiragana/ Romanji and remove the kanji version above the picture

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
  4. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    We should start to use the official colors of each group, like this
    [​IMG]

But for NMB, NGT and STU are textures and not colors, but I dont know how to put them, look this from 48pedia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 30, 2017
  5. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    You could have something like:
    Oba Mina
    大場美奈(おおばみな)
    Minarun (みなるん)

Unless we feel it's too crowded to have 3 lines at the top of the page, in which case we just add to the infobox like you suggested with their names in Kanji and Hiragana, and if we really wanted to romaji with macrons, since I still think the un-macroned version should remain at the top for pronunciation purposes

6. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    But-but it's the macroned version that is valid for pronunciation...

7. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Sorry, meant to say "for search purposes"; was working on something else and got distracted :p

The current search bar isn't currently clever enough to recognise that "Ōshima" and "Oshima" are the same thing, for example - at least from a PC perspective I had to jump into Word to grab the macroned O, if I didn't want to download an extended keyboard. As any move we make concerning the names will likely affect the entire wiki, we possibly have the following options:
    • Macron the names but keep the destination webpage the same - it will save us migrating so many pages but doesn't look as tidy, and doesn't really solve the consistency problems like Sutou Ririka
    • Macron the names and change the destination webpage - would make the pages more consistent and means we don't have to worry about how to extend the vowels, though I'm not sure how it will affect searches unless we include a bunch of redirects
    • Include the macroned version in an Infobox - If we change the layout of the infobox to include the "native name" (borrowed from Wikipedia) we could include it there, then redirect the hell out of the members with the problem names :D
    My main concerns are the searchability of the names, and the consistency of the pages on Wiki48; once we come to an agreement I'll be happy to help with the migration.

Or we sit on it until someone else brings up this issue, then we enter the same debate all over again [hehe]

8. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Distractions are evil.

An option is also to create pages for alternate variants of names, that would be redirections to the correct transcription.
    I would also suggest putting a space between first and second name for both kanji and kana versions - just like ja.wikipedia.org or 48pedia.org do. And obviously kana should be added... It would ease a bit choice of romanization.

9. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Has the issue with the pics of the members on the Member's list-by-generation page, not directing to the member's own page, been brought up?

When I first found Wiki48, I wanted to look at the Member's page for AKB, which results in a list-by-generations page with lots of pics of current members, and a list of links for those members to their own, bespoke page. Found later that this is standard practice for all 48G wiki pages here.

Since common practice on commercial websites is to always have a pic of a product (esp for a list of search results) default to that product's own page... I found the practice here to be a bit jarring.

To find say, Naachan, I scroll on the AKB Members page to 14th Generation, see Naachan, then instead of clicking on her pic to get her bespoke page... I have to search for her name in a list of member names below the pics? This gets to be a bit tedious when you're looking up esp Team 8, whose pics and links below the pics, don't both fit on the screen at the same time.

The pic links as they are, go to a page for a larger version of it, then a list of possible page links the pic relates to (including the member the pic is of, often buried deep in the list, which is another strange setup). Why not have the pic on the members' own page, link to the larger pic and those related links... and the pic on the Member's list-by-generation, link to the member's page? The list of names below the pics on the list-by-generations page, can still link to the member's page. :confused:

There are other small issues to bring up about the wiki... but this is the only one run into each and every time I visit. It's also the issue I requested the Wiki48 logi for, which I'm more than happy to help with other admin tasks, should the admins find me worthy. :chuffed:

10. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    Created a test template for the name issue, the results of which are here. I'm using template:infoboxtest to create it, so that it doesn't interfere with the live site; let me know your thoughts, and feel free to edit the test if necessary. Just let me know if you do, otherwise I'll start to question what I did with my code :p

This could possibly be a hassle free way of dealing with things, as it can keep the initial names on the profile and adds 3 new fields to fill in; spaces are used to separate the family and first names, and the macrons are now included. I've left the name at the top as it is since we're creatures of habit, so trying to convince everyone to search for a member differently is going to take a lot of time, let alone making all the pages on the Wiki uniform[hehe]

@stormy I believe that should now be taken care of - credit to the other editors for doing that! - so that clicking on the image will take you to the page; let us know about anything else and we'll take it into consideration :chuffed:

Also, as a reminder (though to be fair I had to look this up to remind myself also!), please note that for members who have announced their graduation we have switched to putting their names in italics, instead of creating a new category for them in the members page ^_^

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Perfect -- thanks @MeoJim for your prompt reply; will test and msg you with findings. :chuffed:

EDIT: per MeoJim, will share my results here ;)

Pic does not link to member's page

MEMBERS BY GENERATION
    AKB48 Gen 1 - 16

Umemoto Izumi (links to Chiizu's old HKT page; suggest add "(AKB48)" caveat a la "Yokoyama Yui (Team 8)")
    Team 8
    Gyouten Yurina
    Chou Kurena
    (both due to inconsistencies with new and old standards for romaji; e.g. page=Gyouten, pic link=Gyoten)

MEMBERS BY TEAM
    Pics for ALL, except Team A members, do not link to member pages
    [also found 16th gen KKS pics are not most current, as in Members By Gen area]

--

Member's Page data box does not display correct team/kennin color(s)

AKB48 Gen 1 - 16

Okada Ayaka (still shows black rather than Team 4 yellow)

--

Member's data field problems in by-team list

MEMBERS BY TEAM
    Team 8

None of the fields' order toggle at top do anything ("Team" strips & stacks region name fields @ top & bottom when clicked, though does properly order by team otherwise)

--

Typos on Member's pages

AKB48 Gen 1 - 16
    Minegishi Minami
    Trivia
    • Favourite flower: Lavender. <--
    • Favourite food: Fried prawns. <-- periods after phrase; not needed
    • Habits: Clicking her fingers. <--
    • Keeps warm in winter by pretending it's summer and feeling thankful that it's so breezy. She learned this from a manga <-- remove period, condense thoughts with dash
    • She is the only AKB48 member to have been on all four teams and a kenkyuusei. <-- period not needed
    • Was a member of the fake group "SONE" with Kitahara Rie, Sashihara Rino and Miyazaki Miho, that regularly participated on Request Hour MCs. They disbanded in 2014. <-- remove periods, condense thoughts with dash

Kashiwagi Yuki
    Trivia
    • Former member of French Kiss. <-- rmv period
    • She was in the wind instruments club at school, and played the trombone. <-- rmv period
    • Her favorite AKB48 songs are Hizukehenkousen and Namida no Shonan. <-- rmv period
    • She was officially named Team B captain during the 2009 Team Shuffle and served the position until the Tokyo Dome Team Shuffle. <-- rmv period
      • Often stated that she wanted all members of Team B to feel that their opinion was valued, so she did not try to enforce her command as captain during her first year. After observing the team's dynamic for a year, she took on a more leader-like role. <-- rmv period, condense thoughts with dash
    • Got her first center single as double-center with Kojima Haruna in AKB48's 39th single Green Flash. <-- rmv period
    • Is known as Ame Onna (Rain Woman) among the members, because everytime they perform outside with her, it rains. <-- rmv period

Watanabe Mayu
    Trivia
    • It is often said that her face looks like her mother's. <-- rmv period
    • Was in the wind instruments club at her school and played euphonium. She was also on the school health committee. <-- rmv periods, paren last sentence
    • Was the Seiyuu of Chieri in the anime AKB0048. She has also worked as a Seiyuu in other anime productions. <-- rmv periods, condense thoughts with dash
    • Akimoto Yasushi commented that she was born for the sake of being an idol
      • Is sometimes called "CG" or "cyborg" due to her perfect idol appearance, though in recent years the nickname is less common. <-- rmv period
    • Originally chosen as one of the Centers for AKB48's 28th single UZA along with Matsui Jurina. Because she had problems with the choreography, her center position was given to Oshima Yuko. <-- rmv periods, condense thoughts with dash
    • Currently she is the only member who never ranked lower than #5 in the Senbatsu Sousenkyo. <-- rmv period; "...only member who['s] never ranked... (contraction of 'who has')"
    (more to come) :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  12. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    I know others do it, but when I read an article online, there is never a space. When I see a name in an article and am not sure who it is, I cut and paste it into the wiki search box to find out who it is.

Here is one from today (except I know Riripon's name): 須藤凜々花. Put that into the search box, and the result is
    Create the page "須藤凜々花" on this wiki!
    followed by
    Sutou Ririka

4 KB (576 words) - 06:07, 22 June 2017

However, if there is a space, there is no link it her page, just

There were no results matching the query.
    Create the page "須藤 凜々花" on this wiki!

Note that there is now no secondary link to her page.

If we do go to spaces, I hope that search will produce the same result with or without the space. Google seems to give the same search results either way.

13. MeoJim

MeoJim Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    obamina
    so ran a test on what @sscrla said about @goratnik's spacing issue, using Minarun as my guinea pig (perks of being an editor's Kami!) and can confirm that the search won't be able to detect that a name with a space is the same as a name without. As it was pointed out that most articles don't have spaces between names, it might be safer for foreign users to not include the space, so that it's easily searchable from article to Wiki.

Another interesting feature is that "大場 美奈" and "大場 美奈" will also produce different results; most likely due to the fact that Japanese keyboards have half and full width characters, so the search bar reads the spaces differently.

One last thing is that "大場 美奈" did not reveal me even though I used the name in my test infobox; but I'm guessing because I'm down as a User, so my name won't appear in searches?

14. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I've just been watching the second concert of this year's AKB48 Request Hour Setlist Best 100 - 'Seifuku wo Kita Meitante' and 'Kafka to Dendenmu Chu' were announced as being equal 56th and not 57th and 56th respectively as listed on the Wiki page, so could someone please edit that (as well as the individual pages for each song)? Thanks!

EDIT: One further correction - in the line-up for song #25 (Osaekirenai Shoudou) is Takahashi Kira, not Juri.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
  15. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
  16. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Is it possible to make subforums by "Teams" in Nogizaka46 and Keyakizaka46. Nogizaka46 by generations and Keyakizaka46 by Kanji and Hiragana(and in future by Katakana). For example now there are 100 threads in one Nogizaka46 Members subforum. Current 46's forum construction is a little messy.

17. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    @Erbeon: Are you not talking about forum itself by accident? I guess that Miichan with 16th gen are going to kill your idea - there are going to more and more generations also for Sakamichi and the older girls aren't that quick to leave, so effectively from the bloat of threads we would go to bloat of subfora... 46 themselves are a "mess" in this regard.

(Oh hello, I glimpsed someone living nearby around, but did not remember the name. Don't tell me that with Nao leaving you are going to dump the 48 ship...)

18. Erbeon

Erbeon Member

Oshimen:
    Oguri Yui
    Hah.. I'm following Keyakizaka since 1 year, but AKB48 is my priority ;) Idols are coming and leaving, but group I hope will stay many, many years in good condition :D

I'm talking only about Sakamichi forums ;) Other groups(48) have good forums by team, but Sakamichi - as You said - are a "mess".

19. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
  20. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I wish Wiki48 contained categories for members' birth years, birth months, possibly zodiacs, agencies, etc…

Especially birth years, I wanna collect members who were born in 1997 to discuss them.