1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Your NMB48 Experiences

Discussion in 'General NMB48 Discussion' started by ithebigc, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    True, but it's Emichi. I can spend more time talking to her anytime. Also you can probably tell from the chekki, she didn't really go above and beyond with the signing. Just signed, date, and wrote my name on it lol.

2. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    3/18-19, 2017 NMB48 Boku Igai Dareka Kobetsu HS

The last handshake I went to was about 10 weeks ago which has been awhile since I had a break like this from handshake. This time was also the first time I've went to an event with such an empty schedule with just a handful of tickets. The reason was merely because I couldn't win my oshimen's tickets so I just ended up buying a lot of random members. Luckily because of these randomness I was able to see Shu and Reinyan before they graduate.

The British guy I've mentioned a lot in my report this time is @David61 here on S48.

Day 1

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]

Yabushita Shu

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yoshida Akari

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Day 2

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yabushita Shu

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Murase Sae

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Fujie Reina

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hongo Yuzuha

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Ishizuka Akari

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 24, 2017
  3. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Many thanks from me to @Sakuraism for help and translations on the day as well as for organising the Anchu Gaijin Train. Although it was my second NMB HS, my first one last year was just a National one.

Sayanee was very lovely and it doesn't take rocket science to understand why she's the HS queen of 48G!

Indeed both OJS and regular staff were friendly and I want to mention the staff member in Riripon's lbooth who chatted to me in good English while I was waiting and let me have double time with her.

Also the OJS guy in Fuuko's booth was standing way too close to every fan (is that called 'c-blocking'? lol) but he gave me breathing space.

Apart from Sayanee and Riripon I had a good HS with Keichi, she was very lovely after I wished her a Happy Birthday. Nagisa gave me one of her XXL-sized smiles and I was very thrilled to be able to meet her again at the 2-shot by using an oshimashi ticket.

My NMB oshimen Mirurun was also very lovely but not as hentai as I expected although she was rather more so with me at the 2-shot!

I also want to mention Miikki, my favourite theater girl, she was very nice and confident, not shy at all as I thought she might be, and again I was allowed longer with her.

In many ways the HS was better and certainly more relaxed than the 2-shot a couple of days later. You definitely do get to know the girls better and now I really do have an incentive to properly learn Japanese. Things certainly got lost in translation between me and Shuu, it was nice that she smiled at me while fluttering her eyelids, but I wished I could have properly wished her Good Luck for the future!

4. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    This is why I dislike the new AKB system with the 2-shots, 1-shots, sign etc. People feel pressured to go for the "bonuses" and don't bother with talking to girls so the end result is while you might have the bonus, whatever it is, your experience is quite a bit more shallow IMO. Also, losing the bonus lottery and just getting a handshake kind of feels like you lost even though thats the whole point of the event.

5. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    4/8 2017 Boku Igai Dareka Kobetsu HS @ Makuhari Messe

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Today was also Jonishi Kei and Yabushita Shu's last handshake event and since they both have the same last slot it was clear you had to pick which members to send off if you wanted to get a decent spot. Initially I wanted to go for Shu's since I like Shu more in general but I had some Keicchi oshi friends that day so I ended up chatting with them a lot. I knew for sure Miru and Sayaka would definitely come out for Keicchi's and I also felt that Keicchi would have her's first just because Keicchi would finish her handshake before Shu, from experience. By going Shu's basically means I will not even be able to listen to Kei's send off speech while on other hand if I went for Kei I could still go to Shu's afterwards. As expected I was right, Akari, Sayaka, Miru and Riripon came out with Kei. The fans started singing Tochuu Gesha as she approached us, she makes her speech and then we did a full group photo and ended it with her Seitan motto "Yappari Kei-chan wa Number one!". Surprisingly I ended being right behind Akari so there was a little lulz eye contact with my oshis.

if the video does not show watch the video here
    (The fans on the right are mainly waiting for Shu's send off, left are Reinyan's lol)

Overall it was a really nice send off. The members who came out also stuck around unlike with Shu's. Although for Shu a huge chunk of members came out but they only came out to take a group photo and left right after. After Kei's send off I quickly went to Reinyan's. Although that day wasn't technically Reinyan's last event but it was her last NMB handshake event so her committee did also prepared something small for her. After Reinyan's finished I joined Shu's. I won't go into it since I felt I wasn't REALLY part of the effort. I didn't really know what they were doing and I could barley see or hear Shu lol. Regardless I didn't feel too bad because I knew I was going to their Graduation concerts in a couple of days. In fact while I'm writing this I just came back from Shu's lol.

[​IMG]

6. Matto

Matto Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hara Karen
    AKB48 8th Album 2-shot Photo Event April 22nd, 2017 @ Makuhari Messe

-Slot 2-

Shiroma Miru

Some context, I went to the April 8th NMB Handshake event in which I met Miru. (Too lazy to post the write-up) I told her I was from America and she proceeded to chant USA! USA! USA! with me. This was the perfect inside joke.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 3-

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I was totally caught off-guard by Miru fishing me and she literally grabbed my beard. I guess I shouldn't be too surprised as I've heard she can be pretty physical with fans (especially regulars). It was fun but weird lol.

-Slot 4-

Kamieda Emika

Signed polaroid photo x2

At the previous event, I won Emichi's polaroid and I was kinda indifferent towards it, as I'd prefer the smartphone pic for a higher quality pic. As I entered Emichi's lane this time, it was notably empty, with one guy in line prior to it opening. I had 2 tickets for Emichi and as I checked-in I noticed the staff grabbed 2 and handed me 2 of the polaroid winner tickets. It turns out Emichi's slot was no draw/auto-win for the polaroids, which is the case for members who don't sell a certain number of tickets for a slot. In Emichi's case it means she didn't sell more than 48 tickets for that slot, which is actually pretty sad and I realized that after the fact. I did have a good long conversation with her which is the biggest benefit of these sign bonuses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

NMBros, give Emichi some love.

-Slot 5-

After looking at the CD jacket sign schedule, I noticed Airi and Emichi had signs for the same slot. I set some tickets aside for them so I could get a special "Tanieda English" jacket cover. It worked out pretty well.

[​IMG]

Airi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Emichi

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Slot 7-

Tanigawa Airi

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

It was my first time meeting Fuuchan, so I had to be on my best behavior. No calling Poochan (I totally forgot about it until later). And I wanted to be nice when she asked about her Tanieda English segment.

Kinoshita Momoka

I had an unused ticket at the end of the day, so I used it on Momoka who was available for oshimashi. (A lot of NMB girls were available this slot, Nagisa and Fuuko to name a few). Momoka seemed pretty chill, so I went with her.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    4/30, 2017 BII Renai Kinshi Jourei @ NMB Theater.

[​IMG]

This past weekend I was able to win 2 consecutive shows in a row. A Team M show on the Saturday and BII on the Sunday. It may seem like I’m making winning theater show sounds easy but it’s actually far from that lol. There’s some crazy good karma points on this account or something since I’ve won like 6 shows in the past 3 months. I’m not even applying daily, only on days I’m actually off from work and not attending an event. The reason I wanted to wrote a report about this BII in specific is because this was an April babies show, which meant it was prioritized for people who were born in the month April. The first 48G theater show I’ve ever seen was one like this one but 2 years ago.

[​IMG]

Earlier of the day I was actually in Kyoto attending a Keyakizaka Handshake event. Since I won the show I’ve decided to ditch some of my tickets so I could make it back to Osaka to watch the show. Man, was I glad I made that decision. The Keyakizaka handshake was somewhat a little disappointing but I won’t get into that in this write up. If you want to know why, you can check out the Keyakizaka Experience thread. My number for this show is not all that great. It wasn’t bad (There are technically no bad seats in the theater, I’m just being spoiled) but it was a general admission win. I was the 184th person to go in. When I went in I noticed for some reason there is this 1 random empty seat in the center of the 4th row. I thought maybe I’ve mistaken so I was actually eyeing the seat for a while to make sure it was actually empty before I trample across people to get to it. It was indeed empty. Once I sat down I noticed this Japanese dude that’s sitting behind me that’s @zeroshiki ‘s Yuuri oshi friend. We chatted a bit. I noticed he had the “Special Privilege Entry” tag on, so I asked what he used to get in. He used his 98 Chance Ticket. I told him I actually got in via Ippan (General Admission) and the dudes beside me overheard us and asked me what number Ippan I was. I told them and they were all saying I’m super lucky today. Their number were all like 46-47 which meant they were first 46-47 people to enter and to be able to sit beside them meant I literally jumped ahead at least 100 people lol. It’s still a mystery to all of us why no one came to take this seat.

Today was full BII so I knew Anchu, Fuuchan and Saepii will be the ones giving me some good fan service today.

What was funny:

Today I thought the MCs were quite funny. There was this segment that Antan was doing a Psychological test with everyone that determines whether you’re a S or a M. Feel free to do it too if you’d like.

There are 2 vases and you have 100 white roses and 100 red roses. How many white roses and how many red roses will you put in the vases? In short, how many white roses and how many red roses.

The first thing Azusa asked was, “Is there a limit on the number of roses?” and everyone was like “WERE U EVEN LISTENING!?” loll. Then they started asking about the members’ answer and when they got to Azusa they were all like “Azusa definitely didn’t understood loll”

[​IMG]

Azusa: I would go with 70 and 30.
    Antan: 70 and 30 of which colors?
    Azusa: The one I like more.
    Antan: …..
    Azusa: Ok Ok, I got it! Within the white roses I would like to make a heart in the center with red roses.
    Antan: Imma kick your ass.

[​IMG]

LOLLLLL

Azusa: Ok, I will just do 70, 30.
    Antan: I’M ASKING YOU RED OR WHITE WHICH IS WHICH.

Oh man, it was sooo funny lol.

Answer:
    The test determines whether you’re a S or M by which roses you have more. If you have more red roses than white, it means you’re a M, and vice versa. All the members that did it were Ms or just neutral 50/50. Antan then asked the audiences how many people had more White roses than Red. It felt like I was one of the very few people who had our hands up LOL. Plus, I didn’t need some test to tell me I’m a S loll.

[​IMG]

There was also this MC segment that they were asking whose birthday was actually on the 30th of April. Then Jo said they could have their Oshimen say a happy birthday message to them. Suddenly so many people put their hands up LOL. Anyway they picked this ossan and asked him if his oshimen is up on the stage. He was like “Hrmmm…nope” LOLLL. The girls were all like “LOL, OK NEXT”

Jo: Er, how about the 2 girls over there with their hands up
    Girls: Just lying LOL
    Jo: Well that just leaves that Bouya over there.

Everyone laughed loll. It was hilarious because the whole show Jo kept calling that fan “Bouya” (it’s like calling “little boy”) just because he has a shaved head LOL. The guy was saying like, that’s because u just went to watch Koshien recently! And Jo was all like, Yeah! I did!

All the members were like, “wowow, what is this, a handshake event?” lmao.

Anyway there was a huge convo around the whole Bouya-kun, it was hilarious. If there was a show to be the most memorable one for Bouya-kun, it’d be this one LOL.

The Kamitaiou:

Saepii noticed me pretty quickly but more often than not I wasn’t sure if she was looking at me or the fat dude sitting in front of me. It wasn’t till after encore during Kitakenji that she made is super obvious by leaning to the side more to show that she’s looking at me. Despite Fuuchan being the center position in this stage I felt like Saepii was stealing the show. It reflected by the crowd’s reaction as well.

[​IMG]
    http://vid1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Sakuraism/vlc-record-2017-05-02-13h32m07s-NMB48 170430 BII4 LOD 1700 DMM.mp4-_zps7llqgct9.mp4

I think Fuuchan also noticed me sometime during the first half of the show but she didn’t do anything obvious except for a couple of songs where I ended up doing a staring contest with Fuu. I’m not going to lie, it got my heart all pumping. It’s one thing to look at the girls during a conversation, but totally another experience to be doing that while they’re performing.

I was surprised by how late Anchu noticed me. For the whole show I was like “Oh man, I don’t think she knows I’m here lol”. It wasn’t till the last song before encore that she saw me, and she wasn’t even standing in front of me. Although she made it very obvious when she did though.

[​IMG]

At the end of the show the members waved goodbye and she came by and gave me a little “labu you” off mics loll.

http://vid1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Sakuraism/vlc-record-2017-05-02-13h13m42s-NMB48 170430 BII4 LOD 1700 DMM.mp4-_zpsbnovcepu.mp4

http://vid1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Sakuraism/vlc-record-2017-05-02-13h19m54s-NMB48 170430 BII4 LOD 1700 DMM.mp4-_zpssbol3q14.mp4
    Since when the hell did Anchu throw so many random English around? lol

Send-Offs:

Saepii and Anchu was standing side by side so I knew I could really only talk to 1 of them for the time given to me before I walk past them. Anchu saw me coming and blabbed out a buncha English and honestly I wasn’t even paying attention. All I thought was that it was hilarious, so I gave her a “congratulation!” in English since yesterday was them 3rd gen theater debut anniversary? She clearly didn’t understood by giving me the Hrm??? Look loll. I told her in Japanese and Saepii was apparently listening to all of it as well and she gave me the “Thank you” in English for Anchu lol. It felt nice I was able to let Saepii also know that I was glad to see her. Now about Fuuchan, for some reason a lot of people were passing by Fuuchan without really recognizing her. They’re probably not her fans but there were so many and Fuuchan was clearly not impressed by it. She had this unpleasant look on her face. She didn’t even bother speaking out lol. She was so zoned out she didn’t notice I walked by her so I quickly had to call her “Hey Fuuchan! “ Then she woke up with an “AHHHH! I told you I’m not Poochan!!” Me, “I didn’t even call you Poochan!” loll.

The experience I had with the Keyakizaka members earlier that day and the ones I got that evening from NMB was night and day difference. Honestly I felt, “Hrm, I think this is really where I belong”.

Last edited: May 2, 2017
  8. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    5/13-14, 2017 AKB48 Thumbnail Shamekai Event & Shoot Sign Kobetsu HS @ Intex Osaka

Every year I find myself buying less and less for the Album 2Shot, this year the only 2 members I even wanted photos for were with Sayaka and Miru. There once was a time when I would want photos with all sort of members but seeing a member I'm not super interested in meeting , especially at a Shamekai is just not up my alley. So this year all I've bought was Miru and Sayaka's tickets. Sayaka's I could barley win anything and Miru I didn't even want too many since the whole table 2Shot thing is still such bulls**t to me. The cheki is bull too, I couldn't care less if I didn't win it.

Day 1

NMB members almost always have home advantage when there is an AKB avenue held in Osaka. Members always sell extra well compare to Kanto ones. For the 13th, the only Miru I won was tickets for the 2nd slot and the 7th slot. What this means is that I had NOTHING to do in between the 6 ish hours. Even though I only live 30mins away from Intex Osaka, I just thought it was such a waste of time and 2shots just isn't worth me hanging around for 6 hours. Thus I decided to just use Miru's tickets in some of the earlier slots so I could leave the venue earlier. I tried to find if any of the NMB members I'd want to see was available but there were only a handful of NMB members that I could use it on and none of them really interested me so I decided to just throw it on other members from other groups.

As usual I won't go into much details for 2shots since I find most of the convo really "meh" and dull.

Shiroma Miru

We both called each other " Oh! It's Hentai-san" exact same time when we met lol.
    [​IMG]
    Fukyouwaon Pose

CD Jacket Signing

Another part of the event I didn't care for at all. Basically for every 2shot ticket you bought, you have a chance to get 1 of these free tickets. I was thinking about selling all of my tickets but I figured I will just use 1 of it since I'm so free on the day and then I could check off my "done it" list. I'm actually not sure how many people are actually using these tickets to get an autograph or simply just to talk to the members since you get slightly longer time because they are signing. I decided to use it on Murase Sae (Saepii) since she's the only girl that I won't be seeing any time TOO soon that I'd like to talk to. Man, these Jacket signing queues are ridiculously long. I think I queued 45 minutes for Saepii, which is insane for someone her callibur loll.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Conclusion: I mean the talk was fun. I think something like this is probably worth about 2 handshake tickets. So if people were paying 2000 yen for these I'd totally understand but anything more I just don't know how I would feel about that. Since some people are actually buying these for as high as 4000 yen per ticket, I think I will just sell my remaining lol.

Day 2

This day was definitely a memorable day for me for various reasons. One being that it's been ages since I last experienced such ridiculous LONG queues. Since I usually attend Kanto events before because where I lived, so I never really knew the conditions of going to NMB members IN Kansai. It was so freaking horrible. I've never queued for Shiroma Miru for almost a WHOLE hour besides when she had to make up for the handshakes she's missed. Even Fuuchan was about 30-40 minute queue. The whole day I had girls like Miru, Fuuchan, and Sayaka. You could say the whole day felt like non stop queuing. By the time I finish the members for 1 slot, the next slot is starting so I go back to queue right away. The other memorable stuff, while I guess you just have to read my Miru and Fuuchan reports to know lol.

Ishizuka Akari

http://vid1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Sakuraism/Mobile Uploads/C8041AD6-24C4-4488-A669-3D00ADBB6FF5_zpsd8gogj0f.mp4
    [​IMG]

NMB girls had such healthy lanes that day, I even failed 1 of my tickets to get her douga (video). This has never happened to me before loll.

Yagura Fuuko

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shiroma Miru

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I've learned to love Osaka events, especially the ATC hall ones, because they're so cozy. It feels simpler, the lines are longer, no airport runway lanes and it seems like the wota in line all know each other.

10. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    6/4, 2017 AKB48 Thumbnail Shamekai Event @ Yokohama Pacifico

Shiroma Miru

Small Background info, the day before AKB did a small live at Universal Studio Japan in Osaka. I went and coincidentally bumped into Miru at the Evangelion Popcorn booth when my friend and I just got off the Evangelion ride. I knew she saw me because I stuck around and it was weird because it seemed like no one around at the time noticed she was even there (or just knew who she was in general). Hence right away Miru and her manager spotted me real quick. Miru gave me a smile and that was pretty much it since I didn't want to be a stalker and follow them around. (Also because I actually wanted to go queue for the rides lol)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Me: Long time no see since yesterday!
    Miru: Long time no see since yesterday! I saw you~~
    Me: Let's do the dab?
    Miru: Hrm??
    Me: This. Dab. *poses* Eh, You don't know??
    Miru: I dont know o_o

*Photos*

Miru: You're covering your face~ Hentai~ lol
    Me: Nandeya!

After the photo I was a little surprised that she didn't mention our meeting at the popcorn booth at USJ so I was suspicious that maybe she didn't even know it was me since I had sunglasses on.

[​IMG]
    http://vid1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg588/Sakuraism/Mobile Uploads/83E52B26-9AFB-4FE8-ADA9-B768EF220593_zps3ozbc5qu.mp4

Me: I met you at the popcorn booth yesterday.
    Miru: AHHHHHHHHHH!!! * finally connected the dots *
    Me: Let's do a Dechau pose lol.
    Miru: Dechau?
    Me: mm, Dechau.
    Miru: *gives me the wth look lol*

*Snaps*

Miru: What kind of pose is a Dechau pose loll
    Me: I don't know lol.
    Miru: I don't know either!! You're a hentai afterall! lol

[​IMG]
    Muki Muki (Buff) Kangaroo Pose.

Miru: Isn't that thing crazy!?
    Me: Yeah yeah! looks similar to Miru!
    Miru: That doesn't make me happy!

[​IMG]

Me: Let's do the Salt thing. Do you know it?
    Miru: I don't know!
    Me: EH!? You don't know!? The Turkish guy.
    Miru: Toriko? (Turkey in Japanese is Toruko)
    Me: No! To-Ru-Ko
    Miru: Man, I don't know stuff like that!!

[​IMG]

At this point I was so tired and didn't want to come up with a pose anymore so I finally decided to ask her if she has any recommendations. I almost NEVER ask members for a pose idea mostly because I find it somewhat a little bit irresponsible. You're going in there expected to have a pose in mind but instead you throw the member on the spot to come up with one seems like something a member would probably not appreciate at all. A friend I was renbaning with asked me what if she told me to just do a heart pose and I told him that she prolli wouldn't since I go see her so often.

Me: Is there a recommended poseeeee? (I swear I had, "I'm soooo tired of dis shiet" all over my voice. She also looked so done with this loll)
    Miru: Ehhhhh~~~Hrmm... Let's do this Hiya! pose??

[​IMG]

Me: This is my lastttt
    Miru: Ehhhhh, I don't want thattt (I chuckled inside because it's so full of bullcrap cuz her face says otherwise lol. I know she's just being professional but sometimes I feel like she doesn't have to pull stuff like this with me all the time)
    Me: Let's do BOKU WA IYADA! lol
    Miru: BOKU WA IYADA!

*snaps*

Miru: *hums and started dancing to Fukyouwaon, suddenly getting super lit with all the chest pops and stuff*
    Me: Yeah, That's right! lollll

Normally after the photo you're suppose to handshake with the member before you leave but since she's just dancing she obviously isn't gonna be handshaking me. OJS and the staff started to get physical on me just because they couldn't tell HER to stop, so they screw me over instead to indirectly get her to stop. I have never felt the staffs get THIS physical with me ever. It was a crappy feeling to be honest. A friend was after me and since they knew she was with me they were also very physical with her, pushing her into the seat and dragging her outta the seat after the photo.

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

Me: Let's do a Neon running pose!
    Sayaka: Ok! *does a cute pose towards the camera*
    Me: NEON! *Claps* Come here! *Claps*
    Sayaka: *notices I'm screwing with her, turns to look at me with this not so cute Neon face lol*

[​IMG]

Me: You can do whatever pose you want~ I will go all out and copy!
    Sayaka: Eh? Copy me? Hrmmm, I wonder what I should do....... OK! Let's do Gei! (Wotagei) *poses*
    Me: lolll (Right at that moment I felt like she kinda got me back, giving me a goddamn photo of our backs loll)

11. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    6/25, 2017 AKB48 Shoot Sign HS Event @ Makuhari Messe

Since this was going to be my first handshake event, I tried to go in without too many expectations. I knew that the majority of my first encounters were going to basically be “Hi. I’m from America. blah blah blah.” Luckily I ran into some fellow fans that helped show me the ropes.

For the most part, all of my conversations were in Japanese and since my Japanese isn’t very good, some of the reactions I got might be because of that.

So here is how my first event went.

Ishizuka Akari
    [​IMG]

I expected to win the comment video because I was told that it was pretty much a 100% win rate so of course I lost. Since there was no one in line, I went up and immediately forgot what I was going to say.

Me: Hello

Anchu: Hello

Me: I came from America

Anchu: Oh…(freezes for a bit). Aishiteru! oh wait, I love you!

She kinda threw me off a bit because I was expecting her to be a little more crazy so when I got that muted reaction, I froze a bit.

Koga Narumi
    [​IMG]

I won the signed postcard, but I didn’t realize that the count the time it takes to fill it out as a part of the HS time (which will be a recurring theme until @zeroshiki told me about it later)

Me: I came from America

Naru: Oh.. Yay! (guts pose)

Me: Can you do English?

Naru: *thinks for a bit… No English (in English no less)

I won three 2-shots this time so I didn’t have much time for the HS

Naru: You’re pretty cool, coming from America

Me: (a little flustered) nah

Naru: Come back and see me again!
    [​IMG]

I didn’t have much time talking to her because of winning the prizes but I really enjoyed the handshakes with her. Just the gestures she was making while she was talking made her seem real genuine, like that’s how she would naturally be outside of an event.

Shiroma Miru
    [​IMG]

Renban’d with @Sakuraism. He told her that I was a Shiroma from America, which she either didn’t believe or was confused.

Miru: You’re a Shiroma from America?

Me: Yes

Miru: hmmm…what’s your name?

Me: Shiroma Craig

Miru: Cool name. We’re the Shiroma-combi

Me: It’s the Shiroma-combi!

Miru: Ah! Shiroma-combi!

Me: actually...

Miru: *presses my nose with her finger and giggles

Me: actually…

Miru:*she does it again

Me: *puffs out my cheeks as she presses it

Miru: cute

Me: actually, my ancestors came from Okinawa, which is where my name is from

Miru: Okinawa? Nice!

Yes she fished me. I can see why she is so popular. She maintained a positive energy throughout and pretty much controlled the pace of the whole interaction. If it’s your first time, I would definitely recommend seeing her.

Yagura Fuuko
    [​IMG]

So I renban’d with @Sakuraism again but this time I went first. The plan was that I was going to call her Poochan to see her reaction.

Me: Nice to meet you

Fuuchan: Nice to meet you

Me: I heard a rumor that you got a new nickname

Fuuchan: huh? Fuuchan?

Me: No, its Poochan

Fuuchan: *confused, starts to look around and sees @Sakuraism behind me

Fuuchan: It’s Fuuchan. Not poochan

Me: My friend Andi told me that was your nickname

Fuuchan: It’s Fuuchan. Remember that

Fuuchan: Hello

Me: Hello. I came from America. I’m actually a 4th generation Japanese-american

Fuuchan: really?

Me: Long ago my family came from Okinawa. My parents are from Hawaii

Fuuchan: Hawaii? So you speak only English at home?

Me: Yeah

Fuuchan: Your Japanese is really good

Me: nah

Fuuchan: come back again!

Fuuchan: Your hat is cool. I really like the red/white color combination

Me: Thank you! Btw, It’s so hot outside right now. Do you have any ice cream recommendations?

Fuuchan: (goes on about some brand I never heard about and forgot)

Me: oh *has kind of a confused look on my face

Fuuchan: Oh! Also cremia! It’s really good. One of my favorites!

Me: Where can I get some?

Fuuchan: They actually have some in this area

Me: Really? Thank you!

Fuuchan is really a good listener and I probably was able to talk with her the most. She was kinda serious and I’m assuming that you won’t get the goofy reactions out of her unless you’re a frequent visitor.

Ota Yuuri
    [​IMG]

I renban’d with @zeroshiki and apparently he told her that I was an American so she said she wanted to try her English out on me. I didn’t know this and I went in speaking Japanese so I guess that went out the window lol

Me: Nice to meet you!

Yuuri: Nice to meet you

Me: Congrats on your SSK rank

Yuuri: Thank you

Me: @zeroshiki really campaigned for you a lot, through RT’s and such. I was really moved so I voted for you

Yuuri: Really? Thank you so much

So for this slot, @zeroshiki let me open the lane (first one in line) which kinda freaked me out because I really couldn’t think of anything to talk about with her. He told me that he had been teaching her some English so to ask her “What’s up?” I won a comment picture with her and here is how this interaction turned out:

Me: What’s up?

Yuuri: *thinks for a bit and says something I couldn’t catch

Me: Can I teach you some English?

Yuuri: *thinks for a bit again

Yuuri: Sorry, I can’t speak it

Well that all went according to plan lol. Apparently she told @zeroshiki that she felt bad about it afterward but as awkward as that convo was, I still enjoyed it. Yuuri reminded me of Fuuchan in that she listens really well and I can see how you could have a good conversation with her (if you had something to talk about).

Yoshida Akari
    [​IMG]

I won two comment videos this slot and the HS was a pretty basic intro one
    Video 1
    Video 2

Me: Congratulations on making Senbatsu!

Akarin: Thank you

Me: All of my friends back home were really excited when your name was called. They even uploaded a video on youtube about it

Akarin: Youtube? You know about it?

Me: You mean Joshiryoku?

Akarin: Waa. I’m so happy. Thank you!

Me: This is my last one. I have to go back home soon. Thank you for everything today

Akarin: Come back again. Where are you from in America?

Me: Los Angeles

Akarin: Oh. What’s good there food wise?

Me: You mean like Burgers?

Akarin: Of course it would be burgers right?

Out of all the HS, Akarin’s was the one that seemed like a blur. Maybe it’s the way she talks, maybe its because I was distracted by her looks or maybe its because they weren’t that memorable. I don’t really know but the interactions did feel like they went by pretty quickly.

Yamamoto Sayaka
    [​IMG]

I only had one ticket each slot with her so they went by pretty quickly

Me: Hi! I came from America.

Sayaka: Oh! That’s amazing. Thank you for coming.

Me: I bought your solo DVD. It was really good. I was touched by it

Sayaka: Thank you. I love you *heart pose

Me: This is my last one. I have to go back home soon

Sayaka: *sad face

Sayaka: *light bulb goes off

Sayaka: America? Are you friends with @Matto?

Me: Yeah. We met today

Best 20 seconds of my life? Lol. I see why she’s so amazing. One ticket is super short, especially the last slot when she was gone for about 15 minutes and then the staff started speeding through everyone. But for that short period of time, you really feel like she’s listening to everything you say and gives you a great response. Her smile and her expressions make you feel good after such a short interaction and reinforces why she’s my oshimen.

Overall Impressions

Being that this was my first time, I feel that I got what I expected. I knew the whole first batch of HS’s were going to be the garden variety introductions and the rest were going to be whatever I made out of them. I wish I had prepared more things to talk about but I really felt like the members were trying their best in their own ways. I had a good time and can’t wait for the next time.

12. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    I'm glad that you had a good time. I wish some of the other interactions would have been better for you but what can you do for 8 seconds. The 2S/1S stuff actually takes away alot of the talking time too so unless you're prepared to struggle with the staff for a bit, there's almost no time to talk to the members.

I especially liked how you talked me up too hahaha.

13. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    I wouldn't say I struggled with the staff, but I definitely let the girls finish what they were saying before I took off lol

and tbh, I really struggled coming up with things to talk to Yuuri about and that just came out :^^;:

14. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Everyone gets into a Handshake-jiko from time to time. I definitely have had my share.

15. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    6/25, 2017 AKB48 Shoot Sign HS Event @ Makuhari Messe

So recently Photobucket (the site I always used to host my write-up photos) kind of screwed me over. So any of my write-ups will pretty much stay broken up to this point. It's unfortunate but it is what it is.

Yagura Fuuko
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Shiroma Miru
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yamamoto Sayaka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Yoshida Akari

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Murase Sae

After taking the video I immediately asked her, "is that all??? loll" She immediately replied " I don't knowww T_T"
    I didn't actually expect her to try to use ALL English, so it was kind of a let down how short it turned out. I had another ticket and was hoping to have her redo one if I won again but I didn't. Regardless I told her on my 2nd loop how I felt about it and she told me she's sorry and she does hope she could learn English. Of course I did let her know it's not a big deal lolll.

PS: For the first time I actually felt like the need to use "zoom" on my phone camera. The line they set up on this day for you to stand at were further than they normally did. I would say it's probably because what happened the day before at Keyakizaka event...

Last edited: Jul 5, 2017
  16. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Wow Sayaka very impressive memory.

17. Snowman81

Snowman81 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    xSnowman81
    @Nieru I probably forgot to mention that he went right before me

18. Sakuraism

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Yeah, no member would assume u know someone even from the same country unless you guys renban-ed together. For them to ask that and getting it wrong would just confuse the crap outta the fan and waste their ticket lol

19. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    Especially if the country is the US

20. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

Well just remembering you're from US from 1 ticket across like 6 slots is impressive. Unless it's one of those gaijin = american thing.