1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

it likely be different. Sweat16 is co-managed with LoveIs, a local music label.The chairman of LoveIs is Boyd Kosiyapong, a famous music producer. It's said Boyd would produce song for Sweat16.

A BNK48 fan was a journalist of Thairath TV and he tweeted the chief editor of entertainment news said he should support S16 because it's Thai made group whereas BNK48 was a branch of a foreign group.

Boyd is not a total stranger to girl group scene he helped Somkiat ran Dojo City which created few popular girl groups in late 1990's to early 2000's. It's said Boyd and AKS discussed but the deal was not reached.

LoveIs' releases are distributed by BEC Tero.

I already knew she's kinda known within otaku circle but did not know why.

By the way, Kaimook topped most gifted chart on Voov as a crazy fan spent 7x,xxx THB to buy her virtual gifts (and crashed Voov's system).
    [​IMG]

2. welp

welp Next Girls

A drama ensues the 7x,xxx virtual gift incident.
    Sarge Pichit (this is an alias, his real name is not Pichit and he is not a soldier but a medical doctor) is the admin of a popular webpage "Drama-Addict" and a Japanese content lover. RAM's staff has offered him some privileges as incentive to encourage him to promote the group. He has expressed his passion for Satchan on his webpage and repeatedly said on Voov that he would buy Satchan expensive virtual gifts.
    After a guy bought Kaimook 10 virtual planes (worth slightly over 7,000 THB each), Satchan live chatted directing to Sarge Pichit begging him to buy her 10 planes too.
    Sarge Pichit criticized Satchan on his webpage.
    [​IMG]
    "Listen to me bnk's staff, you better warn satchan to never ask fan to buy her plane to compete with other members. i know she's joking but it left negative feeling. you may check how general public commented about it. it will trigger a bad culture among fans and result bad impression to the girls. I post this in good will."

Apparently, the admin of Ragnarok Thailand page left a derogatory comment.
    "yike nerdy pervert otaku. you fucking talk about bnk too much that make me sick. it isn't cool at all. you look like a psycho trash. eww!!!"

After receiving so many flaks, Sarge Pichit deleted his post still, it had been captured and is now spreading online provoking tons of criticisms on both Sarge Pichit and the group.

3. pressureabadi

pressureabadi Kenkyuusei

well, i said that because i watched these videos. Just compare the first song from this.

if the video does not show watch the video here

and this one

both group sing same song, but the difference is that the thai group sing in full japanese language, while the indonesian one sing in japanese and indonesian language.

4. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    BNK48 Staff has just announced they're gonna open preorders for their 1st Single titled "BNK48 Debut Single 「Aitakatta」 อยากจะได้พบเธอ"! They've also announced they'll be holding their first ever handshake event on the 27th of August! Location hasn't been announced as of today.

[​IMG]

Tracklist:
    M-1. Aitakatta (อยากจะได้พบเธอ)
    M-2. Oogoe Diamond (ก็ชอบให้รู้ว่าชอบ)
    M-3. 365Nichi no Kamihikouki (365วันกับเครื่องบินกระดาษ)
    M-4. Aitakatta (อยากจะได้พบเธอ) (Off vocal ver.)
    M-5. Oogoe Diamond (ก็ชอบให้รู้ว่าชอบ) (Off vocal ver.)
    M-6. 365Nichi no Kamihikouki (365วันกับเครื่องบินกระดาษ) (Off vocal ver.)
    Price: 350 baht + 90 baht Shipping/order (Can't order more than 5 CDs in 1 order)

Also included in the CD:
    - Tickets for BNK48's first ever handshake event
    - A random photocard out of 30 photocard types

Relase date is August 8th and the CDs only ship to Thailand. They'll also sell the Singles online on Google Play, KKBOX, and more!

5. welp

welp Next Girls

The group has not officially debuted and they will debut with a different song. (I wonder why the agency didn't use NMB48 song?) Also, it's said Boyd would produced a program to be aired on channel Workpoint, possibly this group would also get a TV show?

The price for the single is expensive. I bought a full album (10 songs) in which there are 1 audio CD + 1 video DVD for 245 THB. Also, the mailing fee is overprice, Spicy Disc offers delivery service (also Kerry EMS) for 50 THB/ 1 piece.

6. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    IKR, the single is wayyy too expensive LOL. And honestly, yeah. The shipping fee is extremely overpriced, but I understand though. BNK48 doesn't have a very big fanbase yet so to be able to pay the idols atleast minimum wage I feel like that's why they overpriced their goods.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Is this a 'sustainable' marketing tho? When your product is already expensive, you shouldn't overprice the mail fee.

By the way, this is captain's interview on Manager (This is not a word by word trans as it is already time consuming as it is and actually Ae, the producer was interviewed too but i edit almost all of his part out.)

How was it when you were simply a fan?
    - I was a casual fan, never went to airport for welcome, only followed their activities online. I regularly watch their contents and, if I saved enough money I would buy some stuffs since it has been online age. Back then, I was a regular nerd kid in sci lab, only focused on studying. After class, I would go back to my room and surfed internet, checking them out. That's it. Besides, I was more into cosplay. I would go to events in cosplay. I focused on studying yet, I participated in school's activities such as, student council. As I became a collegiate student, I went to less events and I also was not in the (idol fan) circle so, I just went to cosplay events.

What drove you to apply for BNK48?
    - I addicted to AKB48 anime which based on an actual group. I started following the group and became a fan. It was roughly 6 years ago, even before I started cosplay. I had been a fan but, never fantasized of being one. But, after I did cosplay, I learnt how to do make up and grew confidence. After I became a collegiate student, I was more interested in grooming myself. When the audition was announced, I screamed my lungs out. I remember I was watching Takamina San's concert and I saw the announcement of BNK48's audition. At first, the age limit was 18 but, later, extended to 22. When they limited the age to 18, I thought "OK. I'll be just another wota.". But, after the age extension, I thought I would try for first hand experience what my faves went through, how they felt when they were in audition. As a scientist, I would love to witness things with my own eyes, I was curious how it would be. So, I submitted application when simply hoped I would pass prelim round.

How was the audition?
    - I was so nerdy back then. I made my friend took my photo and I was chubby too. When I was 1 of 300 persons in first round, I was already happy. Then, I passed to 80 person round and it was dance workshop. I practiced by myself for some time and that was first time I practiced with trainer. I couldn't sing or dance at all, it was my personal challenge. I was pushed by my love for AKB48.

What is being idol?
    - It's self-discipline, to let others see how we start and how we grow into. It's like watching someone growing up. Fans will see "Ah, she's improved. I've rooted for the right girl." We're like an inspiration to others,showing them persistent effort will pay. They see nobody girls fighting their way to fame. Personally, whenever I feel disheartened, I play the group's song and it boosts me up "They can make it, so can I.".

For popularity, something must be traded. Tell me on this please.
    - Debuting surely leads to bigger support from more peoples. A thing for sure is traded is personal time. It's sacrificed for working time. After evening, I have to drive from Salaya to rehearsal and work. (Mahidol University sites in Salaya on the brim of Bangkok city.) Also, I was in a relationship. After I joined the group, I talked to him I had an unwritten commitment to supporters and we needed to stop for now, we could resume again once I quit.

In a way, the group makes you grow in term of maturity, doesn't it?
    - It does. I never dreamt I would be in this position. I've entered a whole new world. From a regular girl, studying and hanging out with friends, I've experienced a different society. I have to adjust myself in many ways. In term of personality, I don't think I've changed. I'm still the old same Cher to my friends, we still chatting and joking. It's just we can't take selfie together anymore.

Ae: This is very new to the Thai. Usually, fans can take selfie with top stars. If they aren't allowed, it will be complain of cockiness. This is something the Thai has to learn. Now, our popularity mainly restricts to wotas who are familiar with this. But, if one day we become mainstream, the society has to learn our regulation.
    - If they shoot from afar, we can't stop them. Of course, photoshoot ban will be an issue in our country.

What you are doing is not very welcomed. How did you go through it?
    - At first my family, especially my father, opposed. Now, only my paternal grandfather does. It's like, now, I'm studying and working together and becoming self-sufficient. My father wanted me to graduate first. He thinks singer career isn't durable and I will have something to fall back on with education degree. I'm still proving myself. I told him I was already 20 and this was the group I loved, I was selected out of 1,000+ persons, I couldn't easily ditch this chance. I told him I could do this.

You've appointed the captain. Tell me how it was?
    - Neither I know why I was appointed. My own understanding from watching AKB48 documentaries is captain is the one looking over in practice classes and solving any impromptu problem arises at the scene. Which members cannot dance and should be dropped out from the performance, captain will make decision along with trainer. In case where the trainer or any one who can give advice does not present, I will have to solely make the decision. The position is equivalent to the team's leader.
    Back in February, journalists asked who was the leader and, previously, I went to Japan with Mark San and he said I was apt, I should be temp captain. I thought I was just interim captain and, I didn't do much as the captain as there was already the trainer to take care of us. I just started conversation and greeting and that's it. I knew I was official captain in that event. I was criticized I was too strict to younger members, complaint when they acted over the top because I was a perfectionist. Indeed, I should understand those were their characters.

What is the background of the position?
    - Indeed, at first, AKB48 had no captain but, there had to be someone who took care of things. Eventually, it's formal that the one of outstanding leadership and managerial skill will be titled the captain. She will look over others, start the greeting and spurs her teammates. Sometimes, I'm stern as my clique were boys. during 2nd and 3rd years of high school, I was the sole girl in the class. I went to alternative school and not many girls chose sci program. So, I have kinda boyish character. Also, my classmates were sloppy so, I had to dictate them.

Isn't being a sci student kinda conflicting (with being idol)?
    - Yes. I was research assistant. Now, I've picked up this career, I can do less research. I'll take class as much as I can unless I have a job, I have to studying on my own. Being in this spot gives me chances to do new things. Also, my teacher said the work of scientist turned vain if no one read your papers. Now, I, as a celeb, can be my own advertiser, I can promote scientific to broader public. In this sense, this career is not conflicting with being scientist.

This idol concept is so new to our society.
    - From my personal point of view, 48 concept has both pros and cons. Still, I think to have 48 group in Thailand is refreshing and introduce the concept of being idol, being role model to the youth. In comparison, AKB48 is so popular and inspires many. It is on the level of national girl group and frequents newspapers' front pages.

The general public may find it hard to accept this concept. What do you think?
    Ae: Usually, fan culture is deemed feminine. The crowd at concert and event composes mostly of female fans. So, I vented to the chairman I wished there was a space for men. Fan culture already existed, it's just now there is a men dominating circle.

Still, there will be those not accepting of this culture.
    - Peoples are free to have different opinions. To what I see it's right, someone may see it's wrong. It results from different backgrounds. They may have forgotten that they used to be a singer's fan as well. It's just the way to express has changed.

What are goals for yourself and BNK48?
    - Do my best everyday. Actually, I have no expectation, just follow my working schedule unless it overlaps my exam schedule. I did plan my future but this happened and everything must be re-planned.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    thanks for the translation! it means a lot :approve:

9. welp

welp Next Girls

Freshman Tarwan in a freshman activity

10. firsties

firsties Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    LOL, Obviously not; and it honestly seems pretty greedy of them to do something like that. But I'm sure that it's for their budget or the greater good. I mean-- they're just starting out so they don't have a very big budget for amazing things like a beautiful theater or a pretty "BNK48 Show" set LOL. (Okay but seriously, BNK48 Show EP1 was awful. The editing was awful and sloppy and the MCs we're more fun to watch than the idols; It sucked hard.)

11. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @welp that was a beautiful read. thank you so much for translating as much as you could! Cherprang really nailed that interview! :cute::cute:

Although, that interviewer was really adamant in pushing that people will not approve of the concept...:(

12. welp

welp Next Girls

It's not just the budget. Some Youtubers make 10x funnier contents with very low budget. The very problem is the un-professionalism. And, this is quite shocking knowing Rose has run a satellite cartoon channel for years. It's also shocking that RAM announced tv show production staff recruitment after it had flimed few episodes. If you have limited budget, better invest into the production than the airtime. Good online contents will surely draw better attention than TV aired terrible content.

Actually, this was my biggest concern about BNK48, the agency uses aggressive policy, does not try to blend into local culture. It will hardly grow out of niche market. (Now, it's switched to the amateurish management of the agency.)

13. Mayu Paru

Mayu Paru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    anyone subbing BNK48 Show? Looks fun.

14. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
  15. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I don't understand BNK48 Show because, well I don't understand Thai. But while watching the first break (10 mins), it was pretty bland. It kinda turned into a professional cooking show. What if someone suddenly switched to that channel and sees Orn cooking? They might mistaken her as a professional chef LOL

Anyways,, idk, other than that, most of it was a lil bit boring.. or maybe this is KeyaKake all over again when the members are pretty silent, until around the 20+th episode

16. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana

After that many fan complaint about that episode today episode 2 is really differant it really really good then episode 1. Hope it can improve in next episode too.

Lol Miiko and Izurina

17. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Are Miiko and Izurina speaking in Japanese or Thai? Can the other members communicate with Izurina? I'm so curious about it haha

18. SineCos

SineCos Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    It still the long way to go for the two of them but one of the MC can talk fluently in japanese(Reiko-san). Of course I want that day the two of them can talk in Thai with onther members come as soon as possible. It will be really fun.

19. welp

welp Next Girls

Looked like Miiko now could understand 20% of what others saying. Since the show was more action less talk, she hardly needed translation. Izuta seriously needed translator ikn the show. In real life, she had hanged out with other members, also said she liked Mesa. They must be able to communicate in a degree, I guess via gesture and broken English.

Izuta said she had learnt Thai for a month and Miiko said she had learnt for 3 months. Miiko communicates with others mainly via English. (She has gone to international school all the time she has been in Thailand apparently.)

I watched ep2 with mom and she kinda enjoyed the show.

I read that MNL48 was still in first round of the audition? Something wrong happened?

20. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    There's somes speculation and factors affects or delayed and some proposed projects ahead other than the group..
    And also some issues in the auditionee's like abby elaine and 2 new tops along increase likes...
    Some wota's Speculates the group(mnl) will called 2nd round of auditions around september to october but no one will knows when will it be happened..