1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shimazaki Haruka (Paruru) / 9th Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by haruna_hamasaki, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Voightkampff

Voightkampff Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    I didn't care much for Super Salaryman. Try watching Majisuka Gakuen 4 it is fully English subbed and she was still in AKB at that point. Girl fighting you might enjoy that you missed in Shiritsu Bakaleya.

And yes she was a very odd/unique idol. Which was abrasive to alot of people. The story goes back years with her but it was/is never a dull moment in her fandom. Plus i mean come on she is absolutely gorgeous. :p

2. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I read that SSM was popular amongst older men. They had a lot of inside jokes and references in that show. For example, one scene was a funny reference to a show the main male actor did with a still popular actress way back in 2000. It's really funny if you get the reference, but if you don't then you'll have no idea what just went on in that scene.

The Japanese refer to male office employees as Salarymen and females as Office Ladies (OL).

3. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    Lucky for you, coincidentally, I still remember where I watched this, years ago.

if the video does not show watch the video here

4. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    she's in majisuka gauken 4? I have all 5 seasons on my hdd for the longest time.
    I tend to d/l shows and never watch them :p
    I'm assuming it's good coz it lasted 5 seasons. also the lead is this girl with the serious look.
    by girl fighting this is girl vs girl? if yes maybe I'll pass. girl beating up guys yeah. girl vs girl.. not so much.

thanks. that has got to be the lamest magic show I have ever seen. but damn..she's ridiculously cute. that tantrum, adorable!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2017
  5. yuiparunaachan oshi

yuiparunaachan oshi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    ^Yes indeed. That is one of the reason why I like her.

6. Merlin54

Merlin54 Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Looks like Yuka (Paruru) will reappear in Hiyokko next week, Week 16, Ep #95, 21 July 2017

Source: (spoiler alert)
    https://hublog.net/32628.html

7. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    :p

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Story about playing Yuka:

Google translate isn't the best, but you get a sense of her insecurities:

"Even during the AKB era, I could hardly express myself what I thought, and suffered from a gap with the image. Shimazaki said "When I say this, I absolutely feel like laughing ... but it is quite delicate and a crybaby".

Furthermore, "Although it can endure in the presence of a lot of people, even if it is hard at the work site, basically it cries at home" also unexpected confession. Regarding the reasons for crying, "Anything, just a little, as ordinary people can not get things done well because they can not flow well ..." explained. "I'm used to many things on the net," he joked and laughed.

Behind the strong image, there was a figure of one person with a delicate and weak part. "When I am depressed, I do not recover, it's a persistent type that has always been rooted." In the AKB era, there was still an unforgettable experience."

https://www.daily.co.jp/gossip/2017/07/15/0010372002.shtml

9. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    all right then, I am now officially a fan of this girl Paruru.
    I just watched Ghost Theater and it was GOD awful. The start of the movie set the tone of its awfulness. But if you take out that awful intro, and then remove the scenes leading to the climax and the climax itself, which was just really really bad, the scenes left in between actually had some promise.

No matter how she distorts her face when acting afraid and such, she just ends up still looking unexplainably cute. On to Haunted Campus... this girl just loves her horror movies.

Next step would be to delve into the world of the Japanese Idol Scene and AKB itself..

Edit:
    1st google search and I see this picture with a gajillion girls..
    [​IMG]
    what is this shit? holds the world record for most members? what?! How in Gods name does this even work?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  10. Merlin54

11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    More cute overload:

if the video does not show watch the video here

12. Mako is my Waifu

Mako is my Waifu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    I have three questions:
    1. Why she not ranked in 3rd Senbatsu election? 2nd she was #28, 4th — 23. What's happened in 3rd?
    2. Why she had no graduation concert?
    3. Why she always deleting her own tweets?

13. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@ils411 wow a new fan, welcome! Can I ask you if you saw Ghost Theater with english subs? I wanted to watch it but couldn't find it subbed.

@Mako is my Waifu For your questions:

1) There isn't really a reason for that. when she ranked #28 in the 2010 elections, she was a KKS at that time and she got some push. However, her push was stopped for some reason (I don't think they ever said it clearly but I guess they just didn't feel like pushing her anymore). so the next year she didn't rank. but in 2012 her push was back, just a little, I remember she appeared on some Give me Five live as replacement, and she was in Manatsu no Sounds Good. then, she ranked #23 that year. and from that moment they gave her a big push. Speaking of all this makes me very nostalgic of those times T_T

2) I think Paruru herself didn't want a graduation concert. She announced her graduation October 2016 and left at the end of the year, just 2-3 months after. I think she wanted to do it quickly rather than dragging it (which is something management sometimes do for top members). also it takes some months to book a venue and Paruru probably wanted to leave fast considering she had some acting projects ready for the first half of this year. and lastly, Paruru had health issues since early 2015 so I don't know if she would be able to perform a whole concert as the center of attention for like 3 hours without being sick. but Paruru has a graduation stage in the theater though (like all members who graduate) you can watch that, it was really nice!

3) No specific reason, that's just how Paruru is LOL like how she deleted & re-created her IG many times until she gave up (I wish she still had IG T_T). Maybe she just doesn't like looking back at the things she said on previous days... also I remember her saying she was scared of social medias influence after she saw a movie related to it (it was Paruru who said this, right?)

That's it :flower:

14. Merlin54

I read somewhere (can't remember the source) that she went on a photoshoot with Kami7 (sometime in 2010) but wasn't told it was a bikini shoot. So she refused to take part and ruined the shoot, making a lot of people very angry. For punishment, she was basically ignored for a period. Eventually, of course, mgmt. started pushing her again.

Hiyokko 4.jpg

Hiyokko week 16 quick vid preview
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/886007943279161344

Blanket Cats Ep#4, some short Paruru vid clips

BC-4-39s.jpg

https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885851313652629504
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885852054563848192
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885854000989347840
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885856632667652097
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885857472711237632
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885859309984202754
    https://twitter.com/mor48rom/status/885860926636736512

15. Mana

Mana Under Girls

@Merlin54

I heard about this photoshoot story as well but it's been a long time so I forgot the details, good thing you remember it well :^^;: Yes it's because of something like this that Paruru lost her push for some months and then she got it back. They made the right decision to give her another chance in 2012 <3

16. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Thanks, kinda of a bummer that I only learned of her now though.

Yup, I was able to find English subtitles. The English grammar leaves a lot to be desired but at least its not google translate bad. You can D/L from my google drive if you like.
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5c2nJWxuBCZd0tqNHZ3RV91elU

I actually watched haunted Campus on Cable and that's where I first saw Paruru. Only caught half of it though so I found it online and watched the whole thing. Sadly, the subs I found were awful compared to the ones I saw on cable. Best scene for me was when she was copying that other girl and stuck her tongue out at the professor.. no words can convey the cuteness overload that I felt :inlove:

Also got my first taste of AKBINGO! and I'm just left scratching my head. Watched about 4 episodes, cant recall the episode numbers but the first two were when she was still young. 1st was the episode where she was made to look like Van Gogh's painting, the 2nd was the fast food contest and the 3rd was the one where she was older and did kinda quick but not really poses for a mock photoshoot to display their skills to younger members.

The last one was Ep.422, her graduation special. This was the episode that baffled me. Apparently, AKBINGO! is "variety" show where they put these young girls through silly games, crazy pranks and what have you. I'm not sure how I feel about exploiting young girls like that but I cant deny that I did get a few laughs out of it.

About that election that was brought up, its a popularity contest right? Where fans vote for their favorite member or oshimen (yeah, I've been studying on AKB and Idol culture in general) and the one with the most votes gets to "center" a song (MV? what is PV?). I'm going to comment on this later as its going to be really long winded as my view will be coming from someone from the outside looking in.

Edit: Daily Rants
    So, here I am, browsing for some Paruru stuff at work instead of working and being happy and smiling to myself because, come one, She's really cute. Anyway, I've said before that I've watched day 1 of the Tokyo Dome Concert, I have discs 3 and 4 for day two but haven't watched it yet. But I happen upon Team 4's Hashire Penguin performance during day two and that other song.. now I feel sad again..

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  17. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    MV = music video
    PV = promotional video

18. Madoka

Madoka Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

@ils411, as someone new to Paruru and having watched her movies, I'd like to ask you what you think of her as an actress.

19. ils411

ils411 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    @sscrla
    Thanks for that

@Madoka
    The order of movies/shows of Prauru that I've watched goes like this

1st Exposure - Haunted Campus
    Thought she was cute here and left a mental note in my head to look her up

2nd Exposure - Shiritsu Bakaleya
    was really just looking for something to watch and watched this out of boredom. While watching this I went "hey! that's her!"... (I never did look her up after watching Haunted Campus. funny how things worked out. Its like, I was destined to be a fan of hers )

3rd Ghost Theater
    I searched for this coz well, Paruru..

She sucked in Shiritsu Bakaleya in 2012. And by suck, I mean, her acting was flat as a pancake. Her acting in Haunted campus was ok, but it wasn't best actress material. She was average at best, but if you compare her performance in Haunted Campus to her acting in Shiritsu, the difference is night and day. I don't know if she had acting lessons, but her improvement is very noticeable. I'm no expert, but I thought she improved her acting and was better in Haunted Campus than in Ghost theater also. A few more gigs and I'd say she can become a good actress or if she takes up formal acting lessons.

I'm going to start Majisuka Gakuen 3 later and I think this came before Shiritsu, so i'm expecting her to be god awful.

20. Voightkampff

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Twitter:
    ParuruArmy
    MG3 was a learning process. Try watching as I recommended MG4. Its actually a good watch.