1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Mayu (Mayuyu) / 3rd Generation

Discussion in 'AKB48 Graduated Members' started by arrowisland, Jun 5, 2007.

1. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

2. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

#SukiNanda Full MV

if the video does not show watch the video here

Seems like Mayuyu is the Main Character in the MV (even though she's not the center). Waiting for the MV of the 50th Single to be a Sequel to this where Mayuyu and Sasshi meet up with Yukirin lol.

#SukiNanda Covers (That feature Mayuyu)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. SpookieSenpai

SpookieSenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    With Mayu's graduation coming closer everyday, it makes me wonder about how the future of AKB is going to be like. I remember seeing some people hate on Mayuyu because they thought she was just a cute girl and not much more. They were hugely mistaken. The AKB managers did such a great job at casting beautiful girls with awesome personalities early on that it's going to be tough to replace, and on top of that, many of them are good singers individually too. I feel like many of the less popular girls back then would obtain high ranks today, it was just impacted with so many great girls that some had be left out of the spotlight.

I wonder... are we going to be able to love the new generation as much maybe even more? or are we going to just accept them as the new face of the group? I'll probably have a different opinion on that once I find a future oshi to root for once everyone graduates but none of the newer members really seem that interesting to me yet so far.

People are probably going to really dislike what I said but it's just my thoughts.

4. tengoku

tengoku Kenkyuusei

5. cl3vuxu4

cl3vuxu4 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Twitter:
    cl3vuxu4
  6. shining445

shining445 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    jonishikei
    No you're totally right. No reason at all to hate Mayu. She has been a member for 10 years and helped bring recognition to the group. This next chapter of AKB is of course unknown but the newer members are not meant to be carbon copies of the OG members. New members should be their own person (with of course inspiration/aspirations from their favorite members hehe).

That's probably why members like Mayuyu, Yukirin, Miichan, Myao, Sasshi, Kitarie, etc stayed as long as they have. Not just because they like what they are doing but since there's so many members, it's to keep stability in the group with popular members while the other newer members blossom.

While my post has been slightly off topic, back to Mayu.

She's been a great senior to her juniors and many new members aspire to be like her. I'm so proud of Mayuyu and everything that she has done for AKB.

7. BilyIsFab

BilyIsFab Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    @SpookieSenpai Mayuyu graduation date was announced ? All I know she is graduating but not the date.

8. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

Duet 9

[​IMG]
    c Momozzz

9. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    How I love posts with external links and without explanation what is inside...

10. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2017
  11. Ichirou Takashima

Ichirou Takashima Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikomarina
    Anyone got an idea what or where is this gif of Mommy Mayu from?

I'd appreciate it if someone can point me out!
    Thank you in advance!

[​IMG]

12. Rudy

Rudy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    It's from Takahashi Minami graduation concert day 1

13. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    Concert? Are we talking about Mayu in glasses and sailor dress picking up a strawberry?

14. Rudy

Rudy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    Yes we are its a video from the concert then a medley begins

15. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The concert took place on Mayu's 22nd birthday (2016/03/26) and the VTR was shown on big screens as part of a celebration of that which included a cake being brought on stage during a performance of Namida Surprise later on in the show.

16. Pheebs

Pheebs Upcoming Girls

17. anzai

anzai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I have a theory about it.
    While the members of 48groups change over time, so does the fanbase.
    Every year, there will always be new fans who will come and learn about the groups for the first time.
    There are old-gen fans (like me) who are stuck with old-gen oshis, and barely able to find new oshi.
    But that doesn't mean the new-gen members aren't getting loved as much as the old-gens.
    The new-gen members will be loved by the newer fans.
    The newer fans will not get interested to old-gen members, because, well, they're not in the groups anymore.
    The management will focus more on how to make the 48groups to be more appealing in the future.
    Appealing that is, to the newer fans.

It's all about perspective.

• Like Like x 1
  18. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  19. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    kinda excepted that it will be SSA since its her hometown. but still i'm happy :^O^::^O^: i'm worried that she will not be having graduation concert also.... they plan something for one of the important & founding member of AKB!!

20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    I'm guessing that the scheduling of her grad stage will be tied in with the release date of the 50th single? Also I'm wondering if her grad song will be released on AKB48's YouTube channel ahead of the SSA concert as surely she'll perform it there?

Meanwhile here's a couple of photos from today's show tweeted on the HKT48 Official Twitter account:

DHLpKsoUMAE-4KH.jpg DHLpEsvV0AAIAeG.jpg