1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Watanabe Miyuki (Mirukii) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by wendychi, Dec 7, 2010.

1. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Guys! We get to see some "brand new" (shot in early 2015) Milky content thanks to the new Team Surprise stage!
    hg.jpg

2. Silverheart48

Silverheart48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
  3. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

4. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

5. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Happy Birthday Milky!!!

I decided to finally make use of the huge stack of photos I’ve collected and saved since 2011 and made a simple slideshow of the fun times and memories both SayaMilky and NMB 1st gen shared throughout the years!

The song I used for this is Day6′s Dance Dance btw.

Hope everyone enjoys all these nostalgic photos hahaha.

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. Under The Ribbon

Under The Ribbon Member

7. machina

machina Kenkyuusei

does she return to celeb work in 2018?

8. Stolichnaya Vodka

Stolichnaya Vodka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Miyuki
    Man, I hope so!!

9. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

From Miichan's thread (courtesy of dutchie :))

10. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Cross-posting from Sayaka's thread cause I translated a segment from Sayaka's essay book, Subete no Riyuu where she brought up some thoughts on Milky's presence to her as a rival.

I have read the entire book, and Milky was the only member mentioned by name in it btw.

Here you go!

I hate the very feeling of jealousy. Be it harbouring jealousy or being someone’s object of envy, either way both are a pain.

I don’t like the word “unfair”. I know it is a word that carries certain emotions, but when I start thinking that way, I end up beating myself up about it because I’ll think, “What even led me to say such things in the first place?”

For example, even if someone else landed a job that I myself wanted to do, I wouldn’t think things like, “Why her and not me?” My stance on that would be that there is someone more suited for the job right now instead of myself. It‘s because I’m still lacking in whatever area that may be.

When it comes to jealousy or what seems like an unfair situation, it has to be dealt with properly. That’s because if you’re able to think about how you need to work harder and you have the resolve to go your own way, that kind of thinking would help pull you out from whatever circumstance you may be facing at that point of time.

With just a small change of mindset, those feelings could turn into a competitive rival spirit in which you find yourself always wanting to be on par instead of falling behind.

As for myself, the person who was most like a rival to me was Milky (former NMB48 member Watanabe Miyuki).

In the early days, I was envious of pretty much everything about Milky as she was everything I wasn’t. As I always had the impression of idols being lovely and sweet, having someone who was the very embodiment of that right by my side didn’t just stir up my complex, but it also lit up the competitive spirit within me.

Being side by side, we came to be regarded as polar opposites. Thanks to that, people began to point out which aspects of Yamamoto Sayaka really struck a chord with them and from there, I was able to realise what my own strengths were.

However, when we were directed by those in charge to have that kind of rivalry, we were also made to compete against each other. It would be fine if we were comparing and competing with each other out of our own volition, but that wasn’t the case. Instead, we were being compared to each other against our own will through the act of a third party. Being forced to live up to other people’s standards like that was nothing but distress.

That’s why the both of us struggled to be honest with each other, and it led us to have extremely complicated feelings in regards to each other…

In the end, I think we just naturally came to have a relationship of mutual respect and reverence for each other. When Milky had announced her graduation from the group, she had expressed her desire of wanting us to do something together. With that in mind, I thought, well perhaps I should make a song…

That’s how I came to that conclusion, and the duet song, Ima Naraba, came into being. The lyrics were written by Akimoto Yasushi, but the song in itself was intended to be encapsulated with my own thoughts and feelings.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
  12. icecream

icecream Kenkyuusei

@convenience93 I just want to say thank you for translating and sharing it ! :chuffed: Especially the extract you translated from sayanee's essay book.

It feels like milky misses being an idol. I guess she will be back to business after summer.

13. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

14. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Since I'm very late in following Milky - or trying to gather all the stuff about her I can get at this point - I'm truly thankful for all the stuff you translate @convenience93
    Hopefully she'll be back soon or later

15. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung
    Thanks all, no problem at all <3

About that, she actually hinted in a recent Instalive that she'll be having another birthday event this year (probably during her birthday in September), but this time in Japan itself!

Also, she talked about how she was going to prepare an address soon where fans can send her fan letters and presents. I'm sure we'll find out about that soon too.

She also told fans to wait until August/September till she can meet people again (because her 2-year bond is believed to be finally coming to an end around that period). So yeah, it seems very likely we'll get to see her being active again in the 2nd half of 2018.

16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    That's great news!

Meanwhile I'm catching up with this thread and the rest of her stuff :cute:

I was watching the Milky's life philosophy video and I may be naive here, but it feels like she is one of those persons who really wish for a stable life... a life where you know exactly what to expect, what to want and even how to get it, and yet their very nature push them to wander in every direction and get everything, learn everything, try everything, before really settle... or never settle. Which is a good thing or we'd never had a Miyuki idol.

Of course it's a completely biased guessing, made in 2018 watching snippets from her previous years, but I like thinking about her like this for now, beyond all the fishing and cuteness and - sometime horrible - shoes choices. But it's also because of this impression I got, that I'm curious to see the woman she became. I have high expectation.

Perhaps too high... I fear. But, I have to admit, even if late, I was fished for good [hehe]

17. XxkanezxX

XxkanezxX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I haven't posted on milky's thread before but I had to (brag)mention that I saw her today at the MET(Metropolitan Museum of Art) in new york city. I recently moved to the lower east side of manhattan and went to central park today to meet up with an old roommate since it was nice out. The Met is close to central park and people normally sit, eat or hangout outside the main entrance and that was where my friend and I saw Milky...crazy, I wasn't sure if it was really her and was kinda dumbfounded, plus my friend who doesn't know anything about akb didn't care so I was kinda divided on whether I should I approach her but I had my friend play along and walk closer to her and I was 98% sure it was her when we did. I didn't even know how to make sure if it was her since I don't follow her on social media(does she have a twitter?) and now that I'm on here there hasn't been any updates about her activities or where about in months since she took a break from working in the entertainment industry. Everything happened so fast and she was also with someone and I think they were just coming out of Met and were sightseeing. I regret not walking up to her while typing this but I was too embarrassed and nervous in the moment to approach her if it really turned out to be her.
    anyway I didn't have to go to japan to see an idol lol, I saw a cute one a train ride away from my home :O

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  18. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  19. XxkanezxX

XxkanezxX Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    WOW I've always thought about what I would do if I visited Japan and went to a handshake event or saw/meet an idol I knew but never thought about running into them in NYC. I wish she posted about where she's going to be/visit while here (lol) or how long she's going to be here so I can "mistakenly" ran into her again

20. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I highly doubt any of them will do that sadly.
    Last place she posted about is bike riding in Central Park.
    Like u, I ran into kojiharu at Universal studios after she graduated when I went there with my friends. I knew it was her, but didn't approach her. Secretly took a picture of her while she was posing for the camera haha.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk