1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The BNK48 Thread

Discussion in 'General BNK48 Discussion' started by ForrestFuller, Mar 27, 2017.

1. methus

methus Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Kidcat T_T
    Too fast.

2. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Poor baby girl! But, at least she tried. But, now I'm worried for Cherprang too. She wants to be a scientist, and she's Captain. :cold:

3. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Ever since the members of BNK48 were announced I noticed a problem...
    Many of the girls seem to come from wealthy families.
    They live in nice homes, they go to expensive private schools, they travel abroad...
    In other words they have parents that can provide them with a good life.
    Are this kind of girls, "hi-so girls" as they call them in Bangkok, going to stay in the group?
    What incentive do they have? Fame?
    For those who have never been in Bangkok, there is a HUGE prostitution problem there.
    This is why the management choose rich girls.
    They wanted to make sure that there are no poor farm girls in the group.
    But I have to ask again... Are the rich girls going to stay in the group? Or they will follow Kidcat and graduate when they realise that being an idol means too much work.
    Edit: I never meant to be disrespectful to anyone, but I know what I saw while walking the streets of Bangkok.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

Do you know that your comment is not just offensive but idiotic? Yes, Thailand is like Asia's center of hookers. But, to say all poor Thai girls are hookers/ hookers are everywhere is not different than saying all Japanese girl celebs are AV actresses. This is not realistic at all.You educated others how Bangkok was like while you did not know Bangkok yourself.

No member of BNK48 is hi-so. Real Thai hi-so is on another class. A hi-so Thai celeb is Punpun whose "house" has 11 bedrooms, in front of it is a swimming pool and next to it is a garage big enough to park 8 cars. In a scene of a drama, she wore Chanel earrings, Piaget watch and held a Chanel clutch, worth over 1m THB in total and those were all her personal belonging.

Most members are from middle class and, some are from higher class. Most Thai celebs are from middle class and that does not mean they will won't work with dedication, nor being poor guarantees a girl will work her ass off.

Most occupations aren't easy. My sister is an oncologist at a public hospital and works 9 hours daily on weekday and 5 hours on Saturday for ~60,000 THB salary. I have an architect cousin whose salary is ~30,000 THB and seems like he has to work 7 days/week.

To be a fan of a foreign celeb is a luxury. Poor girls won't be able to afford personal computer and nice internet service.

Hookers are mostly low-educated. There are educated hookers but they work in cozier places.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  5. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Fans sang 365 to Kidcat:

if the video does not show watch the video here

6. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    I never said that every poor girl in Thailand is a hooker.
    There are prostitutes in every country of the world, in my country too...
    But the sad truth is that in Thailand there are so many of them that can you see them everywere you go.
    You say that that an architect in Thailand makes only 700 euro per month.
    A girl who works at a store in Bangkok has to live with less than 200 euro per month. When you happen to see such a girl using the latest iphone, own a brand new car, live in a luxury condo, and go for shopping holidays to Singapore, you don't have to be a genius to know that she must have other sources of income.
    The girls of BNK48 are not millionaires, but they are lucky to have parents that let them live a comfortable life that most Thais would only dream of.

7. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    Sorry but NO.

And please stop about prostitute thing.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. ryo48

ryo48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Ignorance is bliss (The Matrix)
    Stand in any street, in any shopping mall, in every place in bkk, and if you play the game "spot a foreigner with a prostitute" it will take less than a minute to see one. And you know that she is not his gf because of the way she dress and the way she behaves.
    It is not my fault, it is the truth.
    Edit: I stayed in a hotel that was located far away from any nightlife areas...

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    It's not about ignorance. But it's not have any related with BNK48.

So that's what I'm trying to say. But if you think it necessary, please go on.

10. welp

welp Next Girls

So, are you blissful? you're utterly ignorant.

Foreigners made up of different races, ethnics. Some foreigners come to Thailand to visit specific places where cheap hookers are rampant. I guess you are one of those foreigners. Your world is limited to such circle thus, prostitute is only answer you can think of.

Ae's interview https://www.mangozero.com/interview-aeh-laongfong-music-director-bnk48/
    Background- Ae is the bassist and sub vocalist of the band La-ong-fong since 1996 and also is an interior designer. He is the music director of BNK48.

Beside Music Director, what is your role in BNK48?

Mainly, I'm the music director in charge of anything music-related including lyric writing. I train the girls to be better singer, better entertainer, teach them music basic so they will be better knowledgeable about singing.

Also, I function as their mentor, overseeing their behaviors and attitudes, design the schedule accordingly to their studying, dance, voice and acting classes. I also host BNK's tv show and mc BNK's events.

You have almost 30 students. How can you set your training time table for them?
    Usually, voice class is 1 on 1 thus, timely, we have 1 on 1 classes. It is required as each girl has different level of skill.

The challenge is that their skill weren't high and much effort was spent to build strong basic. I needed to start training them from very basic.

How hard is it to form a never-had-before-in-Thailand idol group?
    So so hard. It's already very hard to train 1 singer. Usually, a music label spends over a year training before it debuts a group. But, BNK must release debut single in barely 6 months.

So, I had to give them shortcut training. BNK had almost 30 members. I couldn't make them 100% technically prepared. Besides, the girls had different background skill and development speed. I train them my best and it depends on them how fast they can improve.

How is your training method?
    At first, I divided them into smaller groups. The center got individual 1 on 1 training. The voice tuning can be easily done via computer. What hard is emotion. Computer can't tune emotion and I emphasize on delivering the emotion to the audience.

For recording, I try to train them to sing with precision as we record in the whole group. If someone makes mistake, everyone must start over.

Is to write the song accordingly to Japanese melody harder than training?

It is harder. I have to write a Japanese story in Thai style. Thai and Japanese languages are different as Thai language is tonal, we have 5 tones thus, of course, the pronunciation is different. The story telling style is also different. The Japanese just saying without conclusion.

For example, "This morning, I woke up seeing pretty flowers. I wanna see you today. I wanna tell you I love you. The morning with red flower on the side resembles spring flower. It brightens me up. Even if I see you soaking in sweat, I don't care. I just wanna see you.", the end. Thai song can't be written in this manner, the audience will be confused. Thai song needs story line, needs conclusion.

So, we have to alter the lyric. We understand that some fans love the original lyric and question why we aren't strict to original lyric. Someone even volunteered to translate the lyric and sent me the translation which was precisely authentic to the original lyric. We appreciate his effort but, we aren't Google translators. Also, we must concern about the tone. So, I want to clarify that we don't mean to translate word by word but, we are rewriting the same content in Thai style that the song can be appreciable to the Thai and popular in mass scale.

Do you also alter the melody?
    The music is 100% authentic. We just mix the voice. Here is a problem as the Thai sings in different style from the Japanese. The Japanese sings directly (?) whereas the Thai sings like narration. The culture is different. Thus, a challenge is to coach them to understand the feeling of the song and sing it out emotionally.

For example, for Fortune Cookie song, I told them how to sing, told them the must sing in begging and kind of flirting way, "Buy some cookies and you may find my heart", make the audience wanna buy cookie. however good the song is, it's vain if you can't connect to the audience.

Aside from music, what else do you teach the girls?
    I always tell them that the freshness, the youthfulness will eventually washed out. When you get older, without skill, who will support you?

If you get older, fans may get bored of your look. But, the skill will last. One who sells skill will only get more popular over time. One who sells look will only decline over time.

Another topic I teach is that each of them has different pyramid to climb up and they must diligently reach their own apex.

11. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Okay, you guys have had your "five minutes." But unless you can explain to me what the hell this prostitution conversation has to do with BNK48, it is off-topic.

Conversation over.

12. plomeplome

plomeplome Upcoming Girls

The members aren't hisos lol, very far from it. Yes, most of them live a comfy life but thats mostly middle-class or slightly higher-class.

13. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @welp Thank you for another wonderful translation! This one was also very insightful.

14. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka
    @Idol-chan_Spiffy Rough translate lol

It's from her fanclub's project for her last appearance at Digital Live Studio on 23 Sep
    1.You can write message to Kidcat they gonna gather in front of Digital Live Studio.
    2.When live ended. They gonna sing this song for her.

3.They gonna line up and build light stick line to send her for the last time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    and Pupe, KaiMoon, Mobile, CinCin, Mind, Namhom sing KFC live yester

15. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Oh. It's fans, huh? Once again, I share fan stuff instead of official stuff! Sorry! :oops::cold:

16. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

17. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    Anyone want to help me? I kind of want to enter that KFC Cover event. But two things:

1) What would be a proper attire? Colour-wise or length-wise? Style-wise?
    2) Would they accept an American, plus-size girl wanting to submit? As in, would they be offended or will I be ridiculed?

Please and thank you! :oops::oops::oops:

18. Tyrese

Tyrese Kenkyuusei

1) There's no official rule about attire or anything yet, But for the norm of Thailand, just don't wear anything that shows too much of skins is fine.
    The safe bet is T-shirt+long skirt/long legging. And for the safety of your mental health, Don't wear anything that had red white and blue color all at once, and no Buddha image in any form.
    We have a lot of religious and crazy people here that gonna ruin your day if they see the "Things" that I mention above.

2) They didn't say anything about restriction or anything. They say they accept everyone, be alone, go in pairs or as a group is fine. They gonna select the clip that gonna be featured in MV later anyway.
    But I think that the Uniqueness can get you into the MV for sure. The problem is how are you gonna receive the reward for being featured in MV.
    It's most likely to hand out the reward(exclusive item something) at their office in Bangkok.

19. welp

welp Next Girls

1) there is no restriction on this
    2) no one should ridicule you for your size, if they do, they're dickhead and un-stan worthy. according to official announcement, i don't think fans' clips will be used. they'll selected fans from the clip to dance at the mv shooting so, an american living in america may not be able to join. ("Chosen fans will be able to participate in MV shooting") but, if you can fly over to thailand and tell them then, highly likely they'll appreciate your dedication and select you unless your dance is so bad. i think you will want to look nice on the video that will be there on youtube for years and seen by hundreds thousands or even few millions viewers.

I don't think the set of red-blue-white will be an issue, that is the most basic set of colors for national flags including USA one. Sweat16! attire basically is in that set of colors. for the buddha and revealing attire, i agree and would like to add that no image of thai king nor religious figure is advised.

from the dance tutorial clip, I notice that music's legs are shorter than noey's while their heights are the same according to profile. maybe, it's delusion from the clothes? they look cute on her though.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  20. Odd_Cinderella

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    So, comfy, not revealing clothes and nothing way too out there? Seems reasonable. No religious nor King stuff. Got it.

And, what? If they like you, you physically get to be in the music video? I thought they were going to just compile the videos for the official music video? Welp. There goes my plans.

Although, I have been meaning to want to cover KFC anyway, thank you for the help!