1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[GENERAL] The SKE48 Thread

Discussion in 'General SKE48 Discussion' started by RocketStarLauncher, Oct 7, 2008.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
  2. Chrissel

Chrissel Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I'm mostly super happy about this, however I still have some negative thoughts... First, I feel bad for Aina, who is now the only 7th-Gen-KKS left. Second, Team K2 is now with 20 members pretty overstaffed (they said so during the Zeropoji-Talkshow, even 18 members are kinda too much), while S barely reaches 16, with Jurina mostly absent.
    And on private side, I really wanted Honono and/or Narupi in S ^^;

3. ermenker

ermenker Kenkyuusei

Incoming graduations?

4. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    Yeah, I think so. Other than that I can't think of any reason

5. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Woah.... Ruuchan and Miyomaru in S is pretty surprising. On the other end of the spectrum, considering the amount of times Narumi undered for KII, I would've expected her to be promoted to KII. I love the fact Yukina's in KII now. So I'm thinking since Churi and some of the others have other priorities now, but then again, the team is still pretty stuffed

6. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Omedetou to them all. May it encourage the others as well.

7. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Congrats to everyone being promoted. Yukina in KII is surprising but I think its a good environment to develop her character. On the other hand Miyo's oshi is Nao so she may be a little sad. Overall the placement seem reasonable.

And Century Hall has about 3000 seats. Gonna be hard pressed for a ticket. But I am glad that with Mihama having the highest attendance number ever, Igai ni Mango release concerts, Masana's grad con, and now this, they are having a lot of lives. Now let's hope mgmt will finally arrange the next date for the Zenkoku Tour.

8. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

They should be announced quite soon though.
    If they have to hit 21 with the draft, it would be a huge fail if 3 or 4 announce grads right after it and bring the team down again.

Really? I'm surprised.
    Specially with KII being basically the ace team now (look at Igai ni Mango senbatsu), half of them would be out promoting stuff and they'd need the numbers anyway for the theatre.

9. Chrissel

Oshimen:
    Sugiyama Aika
    Twitter:
    kurisuuu48
    I don't quite follow K2-Stages so I can't say how many members are usually absent, but in the talkshow Sakipon was crying a lot over the fact that there are usually two members who can't perform, so I kinda guessed it would be a serious problem

10. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Promoting what? They are not AKB who is blessed with many individual job for it's members.
    At best, your condition apply only for 1-4 weeks. Most of the time, it's what @Chrissel said. And it's no doubt pose more serious problem than just a team having too few members for a theater show.

There's a reason why I said 21 member/team in Draft 3rd thread is too much, even reaching.

11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Well, they should be rotating every show anyway.
    And I think they could even adapt the stages to use all 21 girls if they wanted, really.

I alwaus assume they have stuff going on though, even if it's on a regional level lol

Tbh, I think the whole "21 girls per team" is just a way of stacking up the teams to push the sales up a bit.
    More girls -> more HS -> More sales.
    And with AKB using aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaall of them, they should secure the million for a couple more singles.

12. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    so happy for my girls! tho i wish honono and naruppi would go to the same team, miyu in S is awesome.
    the whole thing about too much members on kii i think i will be fixed on the next shuffle.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

13. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Well, good things it apply to Kaotan, perhaps only she. Most of the reason a member have to miss theater show is when she is out of town for a prolonged time. I can name Churi stage play, Nao upcoming solo, Ryoha magazine shot, Dasu TV appearance, not to mention J. But that's all. Only top member. Even Yunana is still theater girl as of now.

This may be OoT. Yet as far as my observation goes, more new girls only shifted the interest of existing fandom. Shifted the HS from existing girl to fresher one. It shifted the sales only when these fandom has fund to do both HS.

We both know that mindset missed "More exposure -> more new fans", between "More girls" and "More HS".
    Without that, only parallel "More wasted talent -> More graduation" await.

14. nvmea

nvmea Under Girls

Oshimen:
    Hongo Yuzuha
    Twitter:
    nvmea
    SKE has high rate of appearances, even Yunana and Egochan have around 90 %, even Churi 60+ %, even Dasu 50+ %. The "normal" girls have almost all 90+ %

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I suppose management is always hoping to find that girl that will turn Japan's eyes back to them?
    I don't know, I'm sure every girl is able to get a few fans to call her own, and those might bring in sales.

Which is why it doesn't surprise me that we're getting this already known names like the two pro showroomers in STU.
    Their HS numbers might not be stellar, but if they keep getting the ridiculous number of Tokyo Towers they were getting during the audition process, that's still money that goes into the company.

Also, adding sisters of known members (Jonishi, Yabushita, Muto) is smart. The emotional connection is there already, and many fans might just shift their oshi there when the big one graduates.

Still, the groups not only need new girls to keep things going, but (here it comes!) new stages and tours to get fans.
    The lack of concerts these past few years has been ridiculous. SKE is supposed to be having a national tour and the last date was in April. :fp:

16. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    The fact that Churi has 2 stage plays (and a movie) frightens me. The percentage that she can overwork herself is high.

17. noTKMNnoLIFE

noTKMNnoLIFE Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayanagiakane
    She even has a bus tour this month! But all the work is a good sign that avex has high hopes for her, and wants to get her out there making a name for herself as much as possible before she graduates.

I think she can handle it. She's like Churi 2.0 now lol. She's really matured in recent years and become more ambitious with her career. That was maybe her biggest flaw in the old days: she had the big push but wasn't selfish enough with it. It was always about being a good teammate/leader/friend and just having fun, meanwhile other more ambitious members started rising up around her and getting more push.

Now she's fought to stay up there as a top member and she's earned every bit of success. <3
    She could've easily fizzled out but now whenever she graduates it will be on a high note.

...Speaking of graduations, looking at the K2 roster and their ages, that team is gonna go through some big changes soon, even without a shuffle. I wonder who will lead next?
    Up until now it's basically been the Churi dynasty lol. Churi > (Churi's closest K2 friend) Airi > (Furuyanagi's 3rd stooge) Mina.

18. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Here's a bit trivia.
    SKE W-liveconcert in Nagoya-Tokyo during Igai ni Mango release was fully backed by Avex. As in, no AKS money spent.
    Here's Avex & TBS staff reaction when Makiko as Captain thanked AKS for the W-concert(around 21:40)
    I'm pretty sure the recent NMB Asia Tour & STU mini-live were just same. Even HKT theater manager, Ozaki, admitted the difficulty of getting stuff OK-'d by AKS back in July. Sister group(s) practically have to rely on 3rd party for the tours.

And with Oya Masana grad concert were held on the same day and venue as Janken Taikai(as if to minimize budget)is, well...
    It was apparent during 2013-2014 with their quest to find the "It" girl(and forsaken the development of others). It just went more rampant and desperate as year passed by with more audition. And lesser fund spent for girls development after said audition concluded. As you said, they are ever more reliant to new gen track record pre-audition. I find it ironic.

19. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

But still, a concert is supposed to bring in money?
    I understand big dome concerts with the 300 girls might be a waste, but those are long gone.
    Team S could perform in Zepp Fukuoka and surely that'll bring in more money than a normal stage in the theatre, right?

I don't know, it just feels like, in the current state of things, the main job of the 48 girls is... shaking hands.
    The HS are not just a means towards something else (different experience for the fans, better sales, etc.), but the end product, while the music, videos, TV shows and the rest are basically "See this girl? Come shake hands with her!"

20. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Ideally. That's why there's always preemptive survey to calculate whether the concert seats could sold out or not, how the logistics could be spent optimally, also if adjustment were necessary. Basically anything to make sure the balance stay surplus(Like 611 premium seats at Mayuyu graduation concert with hefty cost of 30k yen/seat, dwarfing the festival(blue) one which only 8.8k yen/seat.), or to minimize loss if deficit were unavoidable(For example, a certain TV staff leaked that initially Kojima Haruna graduation concert were to be held on SSA, while Hashimoto Nanami take place in Yoyogi. But due to early calculation showed that one of it won't be able to score an attendance soldout and thus heavy losses, they switches place in the midway.)
    But honestly, ever since TDC in early 2017, AKS has exhibited the pattern where they prefer the budget-conservation approach regarding concert than the aggressive approach they did during their heyday.

And signing autograph, 2-shot, video-shot, not to mention the special stages.

But I guess we can continue this elsewhere. Doesn't want to cloud the thread.