1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Stage48 Feedback & Suggestions VI

Discussion in 'Announcements & News' started by Mr Waffle, Apr 2, 2014.

1. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    This is the rule as mentioned on the Official Rule thread...

Contribute, don’t just post – We are a forum whose primary purpose is discussion, so please do your best to write posts that aren’t one-word reactions like “Cute” or emoticons like “xD”. If you don’t know how to respond in a certain thread then try and take some time first to think of a reply instead of just posting for the sake of posting.

I will always delete emoji-only posts when I see them. And I often delete one-word posts. However, when the one-word post happens to be a "Thank You" or "Thanks" sometimes I let that go. That's not to say I am green-lighting "Thanks" posts, I think people need to read into the spirit of that rule. The point is that some people post here "for the sake of posting" If you have nothing to say, then just read the thread and move on. You don't need to post every emotional reaction. I look at posts on this forum all the time and think to myself "Cute"
    But it doesn't mean I have to post it. "Cute" or " :inlove: "

Oh, and while we are on the subject. I am fine with the use of the emojis on posts. However, I do see a few users who fill every post they make with a ton of emojis. This isn't acceptable.

You don't need to end every post with an emoji-filled signature. Get it? :cry2::mail::mail::spam::huh::1st::1st::inlove::inlove::rofl::ome::cry2:

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I am calm...I just don't get why some people are so anal and fussing about instructing how other people should be posting in a particular manner. Unless you are the mod/ GOD. (I get it, fair enough) I'm more like the encouraging positive approach, if you post pics I'll give a simple fun comment. If you post an essay, I'll post an essay as well. It's more about community than quality/quantity to me. Rules are good, guidelines are good. But what use are they when you enter a member's thread that is like abandoned for months or even years? I think not posting is worse than posting random needless info at all. At least you are telling me you care about these members.

We also seem to forget each member thread has different types of people in them (not to mention the English language barrier, when especially not everyone knows moon language to understand context behind certain SNS and we shouldn't be expecting people by saying "you should post like this" or else don't post at all.)

So what do people do if their English sucks, don't know Japanese and not familiar with the member? Just leave a one-line comment/pic/link/fan art/SR whatever and have fun, just be friendly and get a feel and try to fit in to the norm.

The AKB fandom is shrinking already we don't need to be elitist or forming big boys club and having a "quality" discussion about certain member/topics while sipping tea for the sake to make us look more knowledgeable than others.

And plus it all depends on the girl tbh. If the girl we are talking about is like Sakuratan, Yuihan for example who tends to express a lot with their deep thoughts on SNS about issues, life styles and group philosophy then there is plenty of room for quality discussions.

If we are talking about girls like satopii, yuiui...You can argue with me on this, but I MEAN these girls are just fricking cute dolls and all but they are still like 13 - 15 years old and still haven't developed their own set of mind to express herself yet. What else do you expect for them to post other than food pics and kawaii videos and seldom kuyashii comments about their group positions ?___?

When their personal life is just surrounded about eating cotton candy or switching a new phone case. That is probably the biggest news we gunna hear as fans and people will be posting about it anyways lol therefore posting about them wouldn't seem harmful at all than rather not posting about it would kind of make the thread "dead". Come back 4 years after they are mature enough? lel...

Anyways if some people thinks other wise on this issue, then I really don't have any more thoughts on this. Frick, I do not want to type this much.

Excited to see you guys more on the members threads...

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  3. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Thanks for that :).

I will say though that I have stopped myself from doing that (I do post info only once a day now there). I know there is the whole thing of 24 hours before next post, but I do post sometimes if there haven't been a post for at least 12-16-20 hours since I really don't feel that's spamming. Now if I was doing it like that one thread (HKT48 Section, you know the girl's thread), I'd understand.

4. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    @marioworldakb If you really can't help it then make it a two-liner post!:lol:

There's just a bad history to it. In the previous forum software there was a rank system based on post count and newbies are known to spam the forum with one-liner post to hasten the promotion. There are times when a whole page of the 'recent post' is credited to a single member. Moderating was a bit relax back in the days and some gets away with it but most are just annoyed by the sheer number of post some members commit to in a daily basis. They would even revive dead threads just for the heck of it including the shuffle thread and it cause stroke to some. In time some members ignore threads if the last post is made by a member known for notoriety in trash posting.

There used to be this exclusive group in the forum with colored-blue username indicating you're 'in' for quality post and you gain access to the depot. Its a hidden thread with videos and pictures not allowed to be shared and were considered rare back in the days. The depot was actually one of the cause people spam, lol.

Err.. I'm not one to lecture about quality post because its been discussed in far better words by more capable members in the past. I'm a borderline spammer, no kidding, and I guess I got away with it because I used to dabble in news and people like new things. The record count for post per day was around 27, it was viewable in the previous software, and was held by Afro_Stud. A lot of people actually thought its a bot account for posting in the galleries until his yfrog account got closed for too much content and he speaks about it. I think I got close to 25 post per day at its peak because got nothing better to do online. I maintained it for a few weeks then lose steam after Acchan announce graduation, ridiculous but true.

Hmm.. one-liner post is somehow difficult to regulate because some people can make a lot of sense in one short sentence and able to sum up thoughts as short as it maybe but consecutive use of this ruined threads and discussions. Some people are just utterly lazy and without tact that however tolerant the forum maybe it somehow gets into people's nerve's. The forum doesn't necessarily ask for well informed post but those made with effort however senseless it maybe. It actually happens most of the time.:awesome:

5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

I like to disagree on this point. What member thread is abandoned now may not be abandoned in the future. Riripon thread,(Though the pattern of how it suddenly swarmed may not be desirable for some user.) or Ogiyuka thread, for example. Heck, I once went into quality discussion on Uno Mizuki thread, which won't happened if noone cares about her.

I rest my case.

6. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Look man, I held on to that information for 5 days before I was confident enough to post it along with a news article talking about it as it was clear to me that every other fan and source was pointing to the same conclusion I have analyzed carefully as well. At the end it was not about the Japanese, it's about the technicality and knowledge behind that was needed to comprehend the "new rule". And no it was not fake news. It's still very real and people probably misinterpreted including mass medias. I am still interested to see how the story of that will develop if someone like Cisalpine88 actually pointed to them in Japanese what they were looking at.

Even if I don't post it, there will always be someone who will eventually stumble upon it and got interested enough and post it somewhere. Because it's still kinda fresh big news among idol fandoms alike. We are just lucky enough to have people like him in this forum, if he weren't here we are just like any other forums out there right now.

But next time I will definitely consult his advice too regarding this field of knowledge.

I'm done talking about the members thread. Dun wanna waste any more time as I made my points clear. You choose to live your way and I choose to live mine. And that's coolio. At least we are clear where some of us stands on this issue.

7. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Is it possible for someone to update the main banner on the homepage? As much as I like knowing AKB celebrated their tenth anniversary, it's almost their twelfth.

8. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    The dude who knows the codes to update or whatever is MIA and currently no one knows how to update it.

That's what I got from the last time I asked the same question lol

In short answer, nope.

9. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    By any chance is that the same guy people were talking about in this thread?

10. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    From the current big boss himself, no more news on that since then

11. Kuura

Kuura Future Girls Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    @Cristafari @ithebigc

Please move the member threads from the KKS section to the following subforums:
    Kubo Satone -> Team K
    Nishikawa Rei -> Team B
    Yamabe Ayu -> Team B
    Chiba Erii -> Team 4

They've been promoted to their respective teams as of today.

12. Mana

Mana Under Girls

Question: what if I want to reply to a discussion thread but the thread did not have replies in a long time (1 year or more)? is there a rule on stage48 that we can't revive old threads or not? it would be quite pointless to start a new thread over the same discussion/question... so I'm just wondering. For example:

http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/when-will-you-graduate-from-akb48.8714/
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/why-wont-you-like-my-oshi.3133/

is it ok or not to reply to these threads? The first one did not have replies since 2016, the second one since 2015. Let me know!

13. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I have no problem if you revive those threads. In fact I prefer you do, rather than creating an entire new thread

14. Mana

Mana Under Girls

That's good to know. I just wanted to make sure! Thanks!

15. soul.assassin

soul.assassin Member

Some people are beginning to use image hosting services which have shady advertisers, and sometimes the wrong click cause a redirect to sleazy websites which forces me to clean out the cookies they leave behind.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Blame photobucket ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

17. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    Hello. I have to log in for looking at Stage48, is this something new?

18. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    I am not aware of any changes made to the forum. We should probably ask @ithebigc whether he made any changes like that. I did check the current visitor page, and there were a few "guests" listed, although far fewer than I usually see when I look at that page.

19. ithebigc

ithebigc Stage48 Admin Retired Staff

Twitter:
    ithebigc
    Not sure what went on there, but I went and reset the user permissions for guests. You should be able to view the forum even without being logged in, as it was always before. If anyone still can't, let me know and I'll do more tinkering.

20. gotbild

gotbild Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Takajo Aki
    Twitter:
    gotbild
    @ithebigc Now it's ok, thank you very much.