The STAGE48 post dump

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by Kyobu, Jun 4, 2007.

1. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

I'm not a big expert on the topic but, afaik, the languages/dialects in Catalonia, The Balearic islands, the Valencian community, a part of Aragon, Andorra and that part of southern France called Northern Catalonia share the same origin since they all were part of the Crown of Aragon. It may seem hard to believe now, but a long time ago the Crown of Aragon was a kind of big empire, the Catalan fleet was both feared and respected (although, to tell the truth, I've red that they were more like pirates, instead of soldiers) and they had a big part of the Mediterranean sea. Those are some of the reasons why we say Catalonia deserves to be a country apart from Spain:
    [​IMG]
    So the fact that so many people speak similar languages is only a matter of conquest, and when the Crown of Aragon and the Crown of Castile joined to create the seed of Spain (a day to regret) everything began to change and countries like Italy or France ended up taking parts of the former empire.
    The Balearic islands aren't a part of Catalonia anymore, they are only another community of Spain (like Catalonia) and they follow their own path and have their own right to decide.
    I'm absolutely sure many people there would have liked to, but they are French, so they couldn't. In fact, the USAP Perpignan, one of the best rugby clubs in France has got the Catalan flag in its badge and its hymn is L'Estaca, a song in Catalan composed by Lluís Llach (a Catalan composer)

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  2. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Without any doubt, GIF of the year:

[​IMG]

3. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

Every year on October 12 Spain holds the National Day commemorating the anniversary of the first arrival of Christopher Columbus in the Americas, that is, the day Spain began to exploit the resources of the 'new world' and imposed its 'higher' civilization over the natives through steel and fire. It's indeed a day to be utterly proud of our great country...

4. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Latest version of Chrome is laggy on a PC with 2 GB of RAM.

I was using a shared PC, the owner still use PCs with 2 GB of RAM. At least they aren't used for playing recently released games. Note: he just got a new phone with 3 GB of RAM so his phone has bigger RAM than his PCs.

5. Cisalpine88

Cisalpine88 Next Girls

Twitter:
    speranzom
    The Great Satan, Shuukan Bunshun, has published an article about the knockoff Chinese ***48 groups, the way I like it: slamming them for their crumminess and the bad attempts at brown-nosing the Communist party with their poor renditions of "patriotic" songs.
    http://bunshun.jp/articles/-/4366

6. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Anyone with a PC, has no excuse for not getting more RAM. I can't even add RAM to my computer. Mine has 16GB... which is getting below par these days for things like Universe Sandbox, not to mention the GPU.

In about a month I'll be getting my new phone, which has 6GB LPDDR4 and an 8-core processor. My laptop's only a quad-core... but its most current version sucks rocks. Mine'll be 5 yrs old in March... and won't be getting replaced until its creator wises up and gives me the *real* replacement to spend hard-earned cash on. :hmm:

Chrome's lack of Flash support does make it somewhat irritating for SR... not to mention, it's still a memory hog after all these years. :rolleyes:

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  7. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
  8. FMecha

FMecha Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    アレックス・ボウマン(?)
    Twitter:
    FMecha_EXE
    So, in layman's words, after SNH and co split from AKS, they're sort of becoming the lap dogs of the Chinese Communist Party? Interesting...

Also, a huge Wi-Fi related vulnerability alert.

9. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Thank God for Snh stealing from the 48 group like that, I love seeing AkiP lose money. I am tired of the Akb model that caters to lonely betas that throw their money at anything and dilutes the quality of my group. An obnoxious small plurality of fans with no game have hijacked the group. No thanks.

At least that Sayaka chick is talented, though.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
  10. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Today's birthday of JKT48's Eve Antoinette. I just realized that she's really named after Marie Antoinette. her birthday is 10/17, Marie Antoinette was executed on 10/16. Origin of her name is tragic. She's 14 now, is she mature enough to be told about tragic origin of her name?

11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

*sigh* back to my thought-to-be-done-with drama with cars.

My Accord's developed a squeak in the serpentine belt drive. No problem, that's an issue I already know how to fix from working on the Acura, New belt, new idler pulley, fixed. And so it was... for about a week.

Squeaked again, this time not only on startup, but anytime I turn on the A/C. Oh, OK -- so it must be the A/C pulley's a bit worn (weird at this age, but whatever). That was a PITA, but got it in and new belt again. Great! Fixed it...

Nope...

Same thing. Squeaks on startup for a couple of seconds... anytime I turn on the A/C, and now, anytime I downshift, A/C on or off, it chirps -- still there.

My 7th-gen Civic did that, by menace of having all the content taken out of its engineering... including a serpentine belt drive (or at least an automatic tensioner for the impossible-to-get-to-w/o-removing-PS-pump-and-its-belt alternator belt). Nope -- a manual tensioner that had to be tightened every quarter or so.

So the fear is... it's the crank pulley. But all Honda crank pulleys use a massively-torqued crank bolt, and require the front wheel on that side be removed in order to swap the pulley. It's a pain to do on the ground, since in order to use a lever long enough to get that bolt off, you need lots of room -- room a 4-corner lift like the Bendpak can provide.

So... that pretty much removed any limiters from getting the lift. Wife wanted it yesterday, since her Civic needs its rear upper control arm bushings changed, and neither of us will touch the highway robbery prices local shops charge for the (criminally simple but hard on your back) job. We have the funds, we have the dealer's number, and he knows which model we want. Called him and pulled the trigger on it this afternoon; should see the installer here on Thurs.

So I'll have a Bendpak electro-hydraulic lift (so I can still manually lower something if the power goes out), something I'd wanted since they debuted, in my own garage. The thought of working on the big, heavy Element or V6 Accord up in the air, even for an oil change... is heaven. No more crawling under the car on my back, no more oil / trans oil / coolant on my clothes, can just step out of the way. Just need to get lifted catch vessels and some thermoplastic MAC tool caddies (one for the wife, of course :awesome: ) and I can feel like a real tech again.

Not cheap... by any measure :whistle: but the stuff I can do with this lift, there's no chance I could do on the ground... sold me. I just hope my sanity lasts the two days I have to listen to this stupid belt issue. :rolleyes:

12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    solo-a-star-wars-story-tall-A.png

Solo: A Star Wars Story. In theaters May 2018.

Director Ron Howard revealed the title.

It's about young Han Solo isn't it? The contruction of Millenium Falcon & when he met Chewbacca, a wookie for the first time who later became his loyal companion. If you think wookie is like bigfoot or bear, actually wookie is based on dog.

13. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Yep, This is his backstory.

14. Shinga Kurukato

Shinga Kurukato Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    ALiMiRe (عليمير عبد الرحمن)
    Yeah!!! I PASSED ALL MY MAJOR SUBJECTS!!
    A few more steps to become an Engineer!!

15. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

^ Awesome! If it's one thing the world is going to need in the next 25 years, it's engineers, esp civil engineers.

With all the flooding that's going to claim a lot of Pacific sovereign nations... I hope, like my military drill instructors and former mentors demanded of me... that you're an A student, and not a D- student. ;)

16. oniqlo

oniqlo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takayamakazumi

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Okay -- car stuff again, but good news this time...

So... the installer came this AM and installed my Bendpak, an HD-9XW, in Red (was cheapest, easiest to see in low light, plus didn't have to wait for it). We measured the garage height and floor space, and based on the site info, should get even the tall Element up on top and clearing the ceiling and any light fixtures with room to spare (inches, but I'll take it and just reinstall the garage lights between the cars if needed). Install was shockingly fast -- guess I got one of the experienced installers (for once), sweet...

Since it only took about 2.5 hrs to install -- we figured at least double that with all the concrete floor anchors and stuff -- we were able to play with the lift once the compressor got hooked up and running. The two-post XPR lifts had a direct screw drive that was attractive, as there were no chains to wear out... but the price difference wasn't enough to go that way. We ended up going with Bendpak's RS7580H-603 rotary-screw compressor, which the rep gave us a great discount on (20%!) since it was collecting dust awhile. So the lift and the compressor were about the same amount -- I paid for the compressor, and my better half took the lift. Now we can go to the same source if anything goes wrong with either, and their CS gets raves from some of the techs I talked to at local GM and Lexus dealerships. And folks (if you're still reading :^^;: ), this compressor is the quietest shop compressor I've ever used, easily. Behind a wood shroud (we mocked one up from old scraps in the shed), you can barely tell it's on. 7.5hp -- unbelieveable. And it can run 24 hrs a day if needed since it runs super-cool (80ºC, way cooler than a piston compressor). If I welded some mesh-core sheet metal for the shroud... it'll be virtually silent -- I'll need a light to signal it's on. :cool:

Anyhow... the Element fit perfectly, even with the old light fixture, all the way up, so any of our cars will fit with loads of room for racks or a canoe or whatever. Almost can't believe this setup is actually in my garage -- wanted one for the longest time. We splurged on ramps and couple of other options like sliding tool trays / catch trays -- no need to even get a catch can, just dump used oil into the tray, and drain into the container of choice. Slide it out of the way to work on other stuff. Can pretty much do anything a shop takes for granted with suspension / chassis work except alignment. Very happy... but also very broke -- me that is, not my huns who makes a lot more than I do... will have to back off treats and eating out for a while. Which means she'll prolly tease my face by bringing home a couple of tubs of Cold Stone she knows I can't afford for a week or so, stinker... :p:shifty: :^^;:

In conclusion... this opens floodgates of stuff I could do with the car/s now... even though a shitload of my cash is spoken for in trips and whatnot -- meaning no Element stuff for at least 6 mos. Oh well... at least her bushings (svc bulletin for the new car) can get swapped out without me squatting for 2 hrs. :whistle:

Oh -- and the other good news... this AM early, in the driveway before the Bendpak tech arrived... I found the squeak problem: it was the alternator pulley. Now... I looked at the old pulley and a new Honda one (of course) -- and could not for the life of me see any effing difference between them -- both looked unworn, shiny, same angle on the grooves. But once I put on the new pulley... squeak was gone. Couldn't even make it squeak with ham-handed driving (would squeak if I even spoke its name under my breath before). What the hell... we used the car to go grocery shopping about an hour ago (after fiddling with the Bendpak a good hour)... and no threat of the squeak whatsoever. I hate when I don't know why something happened, good or bad. But being as the squeak was about to risk tearing out every hair on my head... I'll take it as-is. :approve:

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  18. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Meanwhile, I want to apply an undergraduate study again to be a scientist…

19. x_AozoraKataomoi_x

x_AozoraKataomoi_x Member

Oshimen:
    takeisara
    Twitter:
    X2783
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  20. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Michael Page boxing debut

if the video does not show watch the video here