1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Yamamoto Sayaka (Sayaka) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by AikyiTaizne, Dec 7, 2010.

1. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Wow, this is great, thanks! I always wondered if she would appear on Akarin's channel, since they are good friends.

Sayanee was amazing on Utacon this evening. Just like the theme of the Joker MV, we see two different sides of her -a sweet side and rocker side. First she sang the song "Les Champs-Élysées" (but in Japanese, of course). She has appeared with Chris Hart before on Utacon and UTAGE!, nice to see them perform together again.

http://dai.ly/x630s1z

And then she performed Joker. Remember that this is the venue she will perform in for the Tokyo leg of her solo tour!

Better quality on 48videodouga
    http://48videodouga.net/video/5536

I really do think NHK is very fond of her. I'm crossing my fingers for... no I shouldn't get too ahead of myself.

She was on Pon! with Kojiharu.

if the video does not show watch the video here

Lastly, 'Joker' has been chosen as the ending theme for weekly TV variety show プレバト!! (PuReBaTo!!) for October and November. So far as I can tell, it broadcasts nationally on Thursdays on TBS.
    http://yamamotosayaka.jp/news/?id=71

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  2. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    New CM for JT

"On October 6, it was learned that Yamamoto Sayaka of the idol group "NMB 48" is co-starring with world-class pianist Mr. Nobuyuki Tsujii with a new commercial of Japan Tobacco."

and here she is at Tower promoting Identity.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2017
  3. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    JT + Sayanee = :inlove:<3:inlove:

also my favorite song drom 2nd album

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
  4. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    Thanks for the video of her at Tower Records Shibuya! It's nice seeing that store again, even though I've only been there once. Great to see Sayanee promoting her second album as an employee there (for a little bit).

5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    she still looks really pretty without make-up. the vid already has 1.3 mil views in just 4 days or so.

6. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Sayanee's mini acoustic live event (or 'commemoration event', or whatever it was called) that she live streamed on LINE Live. She sang 'Joker', 'Third Man', 'Nande Demo' and 'Melody' (from her 1st album), with Koji Kusakari and Takahiro Konagawa on guitar and keyboard. By the end of it, around 50,000 people were watching the stream.
    https://live.line.me/channels/38869/broadcast/5523467

Her appearance on CDTV (countdown TV) artist file, along with Dream Ami, is uploaded. There was a lot of chatting lol (makes me wonder what they talked about), and then Sayanee performed 'Joker' on a lovely stage and it was awesome, DO NOT miss it:

If youtube takes it down, the whole show is uploaded to 48videodouga. 5:15 is where she sings 'Joker', and like I said it looks awesome, don't miss that part!
    http://48videodouga.net/video/5570

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  7. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Ok guys, once again I lived up to my Baka nickname.... (Facebook, Twitter, Reddit...)

I'm flying to Japan Thursday 12th so when I heard about the release of Sayaka's new album, I thought "hey I'll buy it over there, cool".

Nice plan right ? Nope... just realized I'll have the CD, bought in Osaka, but won't be able to listen to it before I head back to Europe on the 25th.

I'm still hoping to get a ticket for the Hiroshima show on the 20th and would love to have to opportunity to listen to the album before.

Anyone can help before I head to iTunes and buy a version I didn't think I'd need, but now realize I do really really need....

BAKA, BAKA, BAKA.

8. BAKA OSHI

BAKA OSHI Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Twitter:
    ochervet
    Ok, I caved and bought it on iTunes... €15.99 ouch...

edit : There must be someone watching over me, I got confirmation this morning that I have a ticket for Sayaka's concert in Hiroshima.

Now in 100% Fanboy mode even if it's one of the 10 concerts I'll go to on this trip, this one was unexpected, a great coincidence and that makes me feel so happy.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
  9. richard durbano

richard durbano Kenkyuusei

When a girl like Sayanee does a solo album such as this one, is AkiP the lyricist for any/all songs on the album?

10. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    No, not for all. I don't have the jacket in front of me, but I do recall seeing that she wrote a number of songs on the current album.

11. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

-Some footage from her special stage has been floating around on twitter. Thanks to whoever uploaded these to youtube.

-Here is the opening/intro of 'Futari Monologue' with Let's Go Crazy as the theme song.
    https://www.bilibili.com/video/av15254138/

-She is on the cover of another magazine again, 'Kansai Winter Walker'.
    [​IMG]

-A bit of Halloween makeup modelling for Nylon Japan.
    Mysterious mask girl: http://www.nylon.jp/tokyoitgirlbeauty/41/
    Wednesday Addams: http://www.nylon.jp/tokyoitgirlbeauty/42/

-Also, fun fact: Hitoiki Tsukinagara briefly hit #28 on itunes after that JT commercial lol.

-If anyone doesn't know yet, for AKB48's 50th single Sayanee will be in a dance senbatsu along with Kato Yuuka, Saito Makiko, Nakano Ikumi, Fujita Nana, Matsui Jurina, Motomura Aoi, and Yokoyama Yui (from Team 8).

I do not know the answer for any other girls' albums, only for Sayanee's albums.
    For Sayanee's 2nd album, Aki-P did not write any lyrics. He was not involved with this album at all, not even in production.
    For Sayanee's 1st album, Aki-P wrote the lyrics for only 1 song, "Gimonfu" ("疑問符", in English "Question Mark", the 11th song on the album), a song which Sayanee composed. Lyrics are here: http://stage48.net/studio48/gimonfu.html

You can see who wrote the lyrics for the songs on the 2nd album here (sorry this was the only site I could find with english/romaji): https://48shop.anakpanti.com/album/129-yamamoto-sayaka-2nd-album-identity.html

You can see who wrote the lyrics for the songs on the 1st album here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rainbow_(Sayaka_Yamamoto_album)#Track_listing

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017
  12. richard durbano

Wow. Thank you for all that info. I'm surprised. I always had this image of AkiP being everywhere, writing lyrics for team songs, solo songs, grads' songs, etc.
    I guess the guy can only do so much. Also surprised how much of the music and how many of the lyrics Sayanee created herself. Hard to imagine Mayuyu or Yukirin or Acchan involved with those aspects of their solo efforts. Sayanee is a very very talented young lady. Think she is all-around the most musically gifted member in AKB history?

13. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

New merchandise for the 2nd album is available. Dat truck tho haha
    http://yamamotosayaka.jp/index.php#goodsArea

Another solo stage video, 2 songs.

You're welcome :)
    Yeah I guess there are so many groups and songs (including the 46 groups too) that Aki-P can't be everywhere at once lol. But I just did a quick check - he wrote lyrics for a lot of Itano Tomomi's solo stuff, same for Acchan, Takamina, Yukirin and Mayuyu, so he is definitely all over the place like you imagined lol.
    It is hard to say who is the most musically gifted. Sayanee ranks high, but I doubt she is number 1. To begin with, there are so many girls in 48group to search through, and musical talent does not always equate to popularity. There are a couple of fantastic pianists, one girl was even studying piano at the Tokyo College of Music. Among singers, Wasamin (Iwasa Misaki) was widely considered the best singer - her voice is incredible and she became an Enka singer. Furuhata Nao can play saxophone, piano and sing pretty good. There are other fantastic singers too, they are just not very well known. In this business, a pretty face goes a lot further than technical ability, or skill, or even working hard (eg. Paruru, Kojiharu). Sayanee is the best guitarist but by no means is she at the expert level. I don't know of any girls who have actually composed songs other than Sayanee. She's also a terrific dancer, and of course a great singer. I guess she is a sort of 'jack-of-all-trades' lol. By the way, if you are curious, she also composed the song 'Ima Naraba' on Milky's graduation single.

14. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    I just realised this:

Sayakaneon
    Sayanee
    Nee
    Ne
    Ne is symbol of neon in chemistry
    Neon is name of her pet dog isn't it?

15. richard durbano

You're are absolutely correct in your ''jack-of-all-trades'' assessment of her musical talents. She seems to be able to master every aspect of idol-dom. I hate to jump the gun, but i find myself thinking about her future solo career. On the surface, you'd think girls like Sayanee and Mayuyu can look forward to stellar solo careers because they are so talented and beautiful. but you never know. None of the grads have ''wowed'' with their solo efforts (over a substantial period of time). Acchan got some really really great songs to sing and they sold well, but each sold less than the previous one. (Of course, even I could tell Maeda absolutely hated being on stage alone). The sales have been the same for Itano Tomomi and Kasai Tomomi, as well as Takamina. Good songs, beautiful girls, great voices and stage presence, but their record sales tend to drop over time. The Japanese music industry must be one tough business. People seem to move on from their favorite idols once they go solo. I'm betting Mayuyu (like Acchan) switches to full-time acting upon graduation. I have no guesses whatsoever concerning Sayanee's future in show business but she has proven she can excel in virtually anything she takes on. She has so much going for her.

16. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Yes her dog's name is Neon, which is where she gets the twitter tag sayakaneon. However, the "nee" in Sayanee is from the character 姉 (ane) which means older sister. I'm not sure when or how she got the nickname, but I will take a guess it is from shortening 'Sayaka-ane' (Sayaka-sister) to just 'Saya-ane'.

Ah yes, the idol solo curse lol. And it seems not even Sayanee is immune :cry:

17. JoaquinGuzman

JoaquinGuzman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Why do you say that? Did her 2nd album sales underperform compared to her first album?

18. tzatziki2

tzatziki2 Member

Yeah. 1st week sales were only around 37,000. Rainbow sold 50,000 in its 1st week :cry:

19. richard durbano

I have no idea as to the sales numbers of any of the girls while they are still in the group. That isn't what I'm referring to here. I was thinking more down the road and imagining Sayanee as an AKB graduate. All i'm saying is that AKB grads seem to have trouble maintaining their sales as their solo careesr go on.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2017
  20. JoaquinGuzman

JoaquinGuzman Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    Wow that's.. frightening tbh
    I'm hoping she finds success, I'd really hate seeing her slowly fade into obscurity