Event / Concert Watanabe Mayu's Graduation Concert ~Minna no yume ga kanaimasu you ni~ (17/10/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Aug 15, 2017.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Good to be able to watch the whole show just now thanks to our usual 'douga' site:

http://48videodouga.net/video/5770

I enjoyed it immensely, good to see that the group can still produce spectacular shows, I just wish there were more of them these days! As I'd hoped, it was a very nice celebration of Mayu's career with a setlist which reflected her time in the group very well. I liked the version of Sakura no Hanabiratachi with fewer bells and a more informal 'goodbye' than at Takamina's gradcon. I had quite moist eyes at the end but with nearly two months to go until her final stage we've still a little more of Mayu yet to enjoy!

• Like Like x 1
  2. akbdaisuki48

akbdaisuki48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    wait
    is everyone seriously hoping kami 7 would appear?
    obviously they would not...right?
    I mean Mayu is team B original Member and Ace, the 3rd Gen OG
    OG kami7 most are first gen, except Yuko and Mayu
    so its really don't add anything for Mayu grad concert to have all Mayu senpai- that mayu don't really even-

all OG team B/3rd Gen appear on team B oshi song thou, thats... thats all matter

3. Arinko

Arinko Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    nakamuraayuka
    I think the concert in a way shows how many different members, teams and SGs Mayu has directly or indirectly had contact with.

4. Matsui Hikari

Matsui Hikari Future Girls Stage48 Donor

After Mayu leaves, Yukirin is the only big name left...After Miichan and Yukirin leaves, only Myao and Shiichan and then it goes all the way to 9th gen. How time flies. I joined the fandom when Tomochin didn’t even graduate and in merely 4 years, only 4 from the 1th to 8th gen are left.

Anyways, I was only able to watch up to the second MC but I didn’t even pay attention to the previous performances. It’s weird how they’re trying to make SayaRina a thing. First the MV and now Pajama Drive (I think). Mayuyu got super emotional during Shonichi but right after it, she acted like nothing happened LOL

5. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    • Like Like x 1
  6. choi minrin

choi minrin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    seeing mayuyu graduating feels like god graduating from christianity

7. MyDaddy

MyDaddy Kenkyuusei

Mayu is a goddess, there is no replacing her. I will be surprised if Akb maintains that million sold streak into 2021 with this freefall in star power.

• Like Like x 1
  8. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    May not be the biggest fan of Mayu but the setlist for her graduation concert was very nice. Really considering her songs.<3

9. tomaranai

tomaranai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    I think the placards from Kokoro no Placard are really interesting, so I'm posting them below.

Sashihara: ときメモ返して!(Return Tokimeki Memorial to me!)
    Kashiwagi: まゆゆきりんは永遠 (Mayuyukirin forever)
    Matsui: センネズマジ最強 (Sen-netsu is of course the best *Majisuka Gakuen reference*)
    Kato Rena: 一生、私のアイドルです (My idol for my whole life)
    Okada Nana: 永遠の憧れ まゆゆ様 (Longing forever, Mayuyu-sama)
    Minegishi: 最後にチューさせて! (Let me kiss at last!)
    Mukaichi: 埼玉は任せてください! (Leave Saitama to me!)
    Takahashi Juri: 卒業祝に焼肉奢ります! (To celebrate graduation, take me to yakiniku!)
    Miyawaki: まゆゆさんこそアイドル! (Mayuyu-san is the very idol!)
    Oguri: 『ゆ』は『ま』がずっとだーい好き! ("Yu" will always love "Ma"!)
    Yokoyama: ゆいはん 2時半 覚えてる? (Do you remember "Yuihan" and "Niji-han" [2.5 hours]? *I don't get the reference, someone help me out please*)
    Watanabe: みんなの夢が叶いますように (Wish that everyone's dreams would come true)

• Like Like x 1
  10. PinkCherry

PinkCherry Kenkyuusei

How do I buy it from you? Do you have Paypal? How do you deliver it? I'm too worried of people knowing my personal home address or work address...

11. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

That was a heavy song for her to start with... But luckily the rest of the concert was pretty fun.

Had to catch only bits and pieces, as trying to watch it on 48videodouga was like trying to appreciate a Ming vase after smashing it on the floor and looking at each piece one-by-one -- five seconds of Mayu, 10 secs of spinner. :rolleyes: Gave up after 10 mins or so. *shrug*

• Like Like x 1
  12. ABF48

ABF48 Member

my girl jurina with her cennezu things and her never ending determination to defeat mayuki hahaha

• Like Like x 1
  13. ant

ant Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    ant38g
    these made me tear up again

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vanquire

Vanquire Kenkyuusei

never forget, tokimeki memorial.. lol :lol:

15. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I agree that a lot more recent songs could have been used. It's about time AKB use their "glory years" songs more sparingly and try to keep the more recent ones alive.

Looking at the setlist, these songs could have been replaced with more recent songs considering they are not particularly related to Mayu:

M05. BINGO!
    M06. Ponytail to Shushu
    M07. Juuryoku Sympathy
    M18. Kimi no Koto ga Suki Dakara
    M21. Heavy Rotation
    M26. Flying Get (^)
    M27. Iiwake Maybe
    M28. Oogoe Diamond

Those are 8 songs that could have been replaced with songs from the last 3 or 4 years. Or maybe retain two or three from those songs.

16. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Considering that BINGO! was her first Senbatsu (and she did the CM narration), I wouldn't say that it's not particularly related to Mayu.
    Edit: went to the wiki and saw she was also a Front Girl for the single.

17. ABF48

ABF48 Member

something that rlly outstanding for this concert is the whole coustume thing, shinobu is doing rlly great job on making all those costumes.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Agito

Agito Kenkyuusei

Congrats Mayuyu! You're the one who brought me into AKB back in 2010.

19. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Finally got to watch -- glad I waited so it's clearer and I can watch in 50-inch hd.
    At first I thought it should have been more grand, multiple days, in a bigger venue with a long cross-stage. But after I got the pattern of how it would be like, it really was perfect.

It's (almost) a solo concert which is really great. Other grad concerts had the graduating member in a 6-8 song performance within their grad concert but this was all mayu. And it had fewer members but everyone that matters is there and it was good in the sense that many non-senbatsu members got to perform several times, had decent screen time and parts instead of being part of a 50-100 member group just running around the venue getting 1 second of camera-time.

And yes the first half (after the first few songs) seemed subdued but I think it's because mayu had to pace herself to last the whole concert. The quick-multiple costume changes can be very taxing too although we don't think too much of how much energy is spent doing it. The trio parings were well thought out too -- saya/juri (nmb/ske centers), mion/yuiyui (next akb aces?), juri/naachan, sakura/renachi (cute pair?), rie/miichan (they used to go out/shop/eat with takamina and sasshi). This will be good (and a bit affordable) to get in bluray and you won't have to buy several discs where half the content is the same.

Thanks a lot tomoranai for the placard translations -- almost all of them are quite good. Best one is sasshi asking for her game that mayu borrowed and never returned lol. Yuiyui's was quite clever too and Juri's was very in character.

20. Frah

Frah Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    akariudon48
    Fukuoka Seina's placard was チームBを守ります! I'll protect Team B!