MNL48 News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'MNL48 News & Releases' started by MurasakiSora, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    The management is determined to stick with the voting system, but i'll give my best!

They've actually featured me on Instagram and on an article of MNL48.

2. punlordkaede

punlordkaede Kenkyuusei

The ? was because I just read it somewhere while scrolling, so I'm unsure.

3. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think taglish is a good decision since generally, thats what people usually use in everyday life in the metro. Besides, many AKB songs have a mix of english in it.

Though I honestly hope that if ever they sing the less up tempo songs with more serious theme like 365nichi, they translate it into pure tagalog/filipino.

4. welp

welp Next Girls

"a good (or pleasing to the ears) voice" - that's what called "tone" - singing tone. it is something you're born with, cannot be acquired by training. Many acoustic singers sound good because of their "tones" and without proper training. Like I've said, the song will sound good if the singer is "average", not below average.

There is nothing wrong to like a song showcasing no technique. Even singing trainers may enjoy this kind of song. But, to call a singer she is "talented" or "skilled" because she sounds good in this song is o_O

Besides, I doubt if Sayanee is a "strong" singer. That should be a description for someone of very good techniques but, as I have discussed, J-pop song is not the platform to show those. In my opinion, she sounds powerful mainly because she has kinda thick rich tone (and decent breathing+stamina).

That may cause copyright concern. Besides, JKT's English lyric looks simple, easy vocabs and simple grammar. The Pinoy can do better, right?

You sounded off-beat and off-tune? Also, you should have known yourself how much you've trained in dancing.

Idol is look-focus industry, if you lack in this department, you need outstanding skill to compensate.

5. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I watched the fb-live of one of the promo dancers who are now currently at Japan for training. I supposed that they would be the one training the soon-to-be MNL48 members. Also, she mentioned that they are gonna dance heavy rotation at the end of the live, then quickly taking it back. Hmmm [hehe][hehe]

Noted! I'll do my best to improve more! Thank you!

6. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    @welp
    Why are you so adamant to establish the point that JPop songs in general do not let singers show their skills? JPop extends beyonf idol songs and even some idol songs do require some proper skill. You can't just let anyone sing Mushi no Ballad and expect them to do it properly. To sing a song properly, control is one skill, and 365 definitely requires that. Though just to stress the main idea, I just concede to the subjective phrase: "a good (or pleasing to the ears) voice" or practically tone.

In the end though, yes, I know, good singing skills is not exactly a number one prerequisite for idols. 'Was merely saying that MNL48 management can get members who can sing well if they want to considering that many Filipinos can carry a tune well and have "a good (or pleasing to the ears) voice" (subjective? yes).

Won't comment on your personal take on Sayaka as a singer, that's on you, whatever.

7. welp

welp Next Girls

Heavy Rota? The same debut song to JKT? Why did she go to Japan? Local dance training was that underdeveloped? BNK's local trainers never trained in Japan yet they did very well considering many members never danced before in their lives.

I love your attitude of taking criticism positively. If you make it to be on TV show, you'll face many harsher criticisms and positive thinking will be needed to undergo them.

I would like to ask you why you're so adamant to argue my point. How you were unaware that breathing was an essential singing technique showed how clueless you were on the topic.

Since the selection purely depends on vote, the agency has nothing to do with it unless you want a rigged result.

(I'm a casual fan of Kalafina. lol.)

8. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I didn't question the importance of breathing so I don't know where you're getting at.

As for the selection of members, I still don't think it'll be purely dependent on votes, maybe the top 100 or maybe the other way around.

And even if its 100% voting, I'm rather optimistic in the chances of getting members who have decent to good singing skills considering how Filipinos who can carry a tune is quite common.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2017
  9. lylesenpai

lylesenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Uh... I think i'm gonna faint, lol.

Has anyone heard of Hikoukigumo? I think it's a cheery song. Hehe~♫

10. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    you guys kept arguing about the songs and how they should sing but here I am, curious and excited bout how will they all fare at their own variety shows:D

ghost pranks, horror karaoke, pie in the face. will they also get something like akb48 show or akbingo type shows someday?

11. Jurinavenclaw

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    I think that will only be possible if the group becomes popular. Or at least, if ABSCBN or any investor is satisfied with the public reception of the group enough to produce a show for them.

I think an AKBingo kind of show will be a good idea to promote the members. I have a feeling though that MNL48 might take the mini drama route similar to Daisy Siete.

12. lylesenpai

lylesenpai Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    Now that i think about it, yeah. The moment i discovered AKB48 was the era where Sexbomb Dancers ruled the GMA airwaves. and so it got me thinking that either of the two was immitating any. Lol, but alas... AKB still standing tall after all those years. Heheh~

13. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I just got home from the recent Audition Site which is Tutuban Mall. We asked Kurosawa-san if there would be a Kennin for MNL48, and he answered positively, we would just have to wait now who would that be. We also asked if there would be an AKS Staff coming here, and he did say there would be but not now. Also, 2 weeks from now, MNL48 would be bringing some news. I wonder what would that be.

The venue is good since it has a lot of people, added security was established as well.

Me and the other applicants had danced along with the promo dancers which is really fun! Though in the first place, me and rie, a friend, were supposed to just do some chant but the staff told us 'no, you join! you two are not fans' :lol::lol: The staffs are very entertaining and would really help you, if you need assistance.

Now that you said it, I think it won't be heavy rotation. Well, having the training at Japan itself is better than here. I as well, don't really know why she did go to Japan. Oh well!

Oh. Criticisms are normal for me now, we've been taught on how to handle such, with utmost positivity considering my course which is related to hospitality, so it's really not new anymore for me.

14. Riyusama

Riyusama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    I don't when they edited this, but applicants who went on ground auditions, their videos have been changed now. My old video of me singing a JRock song has been replaced to the one I sang and danced at the audition.

Which kinda makes me want to change the song cuz I sounded horrible when I sang on the on ground auditions, I choked a little and ended up making the song look bad lol

You can now put in two videos, one for dance and other for sing, am I too late on this news or is it like, new news?

15. Cxstridert's mikhail

Cxstridert's mikhail Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    23213302_1705548566146210_4620178866469796642_o.jpg 23154983_1705548766146190_4463481204529380131_o.jpg Grabbed pics from my friend in FB:
    Tutuban leg:

16. yanamii

yanamii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    It's not that new though since in the first place that's how they would really do it. Replace your video with the broadcast-ready one.

You could still put back your old video by replacing one of the vid they had uploaded though.

17. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    just saw this girl on the mnl48 youtube site where they kept all of your submitted videos(300+ for now)
    look like a possible Momoka Kinoshita. creative artist thingy, guitar, hair color, funny character and a rocker. like woah reincarnation
    its not that they should replace the original from NMB but i wish they discover her. a wild card
    https://mnl48.hallohallo.com/profile/Kaira
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 5, 2017
  18. Riyusama

Riyusama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae
    OMGEEEEHH YAAAASSS SHE IS TOTES A RARE GEM THAT EVERYONE SHOULD VOTE FOR ♥

That's my friend Kai and she's super talented and hope you all love and vote for her ♥

19. dunkindonato

dunkindonato Upcoming Girls

History lesson: Actually, Sexbomb's hey-day was a lot earlier than that. AKB48 was formed 2005 while Sexbomb Dancers have been operating since 2000 to 2001. They were named after the Tom Jones song that was popular that time.

20. zelkova3

zelkova3 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Morning Musume was the thing when Sex Bomb Dancers/girls was popular during their era

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.