1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Ikuta Erika (Ikuchan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    The performance that I most want to see in every Nogizaka concert is when Ikuchan plays the piano. :cute:
    IMG_20171109_204607.jpg

2. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  3. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    The ones who should be missing are Waka, Rentan, and Ririan (There's another photo and these youngest members were there, looks like this particular photo was taken past their curfew). That being said, I can't identify who is it between Ranze and Kubo. By elimination method she should be Kiichan, but is she?

4. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I’m sure that they’re gonna announce the 20th single senbatsu soon. And I hope that Ikuchan would be the center. She centered the 10th single even though the fans asked for her to be center since the earlier singles, so I think that the 20th might be the best time to give back to her the spot she deserves. I know that they gave her the shadow center position in the previous singles just to make her fans feel better because they can’t place her in the front row. Honestly, after Ikuchan said that it was the management who pushed her to pursue her musical actress career, it made me think that maybe the mgt wanted it to happen so that they can grab the chance of Ikuchan’s absences to be used as excuse to give to other members the spot that is hers. I’m not complaining though because many positive things happened. But I hope that the mgt wont forget that Ikuchan, if not the most fave nogi center, but atleast one of the. (Though I still believe that Ikuchan is their best center. Without being bias,
    I know she is the best)

5. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    When did she say she was pushed my managament? If so, its either management saw ikuchan potential as musical actress or just pure random push as she is one of more popular girl in the group.

6. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I remember she said in an interview or her blog (I’m sorry I can’t really remember where it was) that it was the mgt who encouraged her to audition for musical roles. But whatever their purpose, it actually had more positive effects than negative, like what I said. More members were given the chance to be in the front/center. And Ikuchan fulfilled her dream to be a musical actress and got those big roles that a japanese idol haven’t done. Overall, it made a good impact on the image and popularity of the group.

7. aisukurimu99

aisukurimu99 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    @mayuri91 Translated blog post http://ikuuudon.tumblr.com/post/163169773434/ikuta-erikas-blog-english-translation

Staff told her to focus on activities outside the group, which she didn't like at first. But it all ends well.

Kinda makes me question about the staff's mindset, though. Either they really don't know what to do with a high spec idol such as Ikuchan and decided give up her push to let her loose, or they are really that selfless and want to prioritize her individual growth rather than her contribution to the group (since she missed so many HS events due to the musicals). =/

8. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    I believe staff may have had an ulterior motive to let Ikuta participate in musicals. They probably knew that it would make her happy, and a happy Ikuta is a productive Ikuta. They crafted a win-win situation for both a member and the group. It may keep her a member for longer knowing that she is allowed the freedom to pursue an interest outside of the group. Yes, it may have impacted her work within the group, but her growth as a person and an idol was worth it. Nogi gained some fame riding on her coattails. As an Ikuta fan, I support whatever she does which I am sure most every Ikuta fan does, too.

9. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Thanks for that link. I totally forgot where I read that. Lol.
    Honestly, the first time I read that, I got bitter towards the management because I was thinking that maybe they “sacrificed” Ikuchan to push other members since unlike Maiyan and Nanase, she was onlycenter once, so they would think that her absence wouldn’t have such an impact. It made me resent the mgt because I said to my self that they are ignoring her capabilities to be a center when we already saw during the 10th how perfect she is for the spot. But after she has received that solo award related to her musical actress career, it made me change my mind. Like what you guys have mentioned and like what I said, it’s a win-win situation, but obviously more with Ikuchan. With the fans also being bitter, I think there were jap fans complained before because of her absences and she should be focusing on Nogi. But, so far most of them are okay and even proud of it.
    Well, I was just hoping that she could be center again for the 20th single because I think that in the 2nd quarter of 2018 she will be busy again for the promotion of Mozart, and we don’t know, maybe she will be casted again in another musical after that. It would be a shame if a really good center like her would only be center once or maybe twice (during her grad which I hope would not come too soon T.T)

Last edited: Nov 14, 2017
  10. kreepy

kreepy Kenkyuusei

perhaps just simple reason as she is active in university studying music related course, so that limit her time a lot in comparison with other members.

11. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think she mentioned in one show where she was I guest that she took a short break from school. I also can’t imagine how she would handle her schedules if she has to juggle her nogi acts, her musical stages, her studies and other outside stuffs that she has.

12. eternalord

eternalord Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Kubo Shiori
    I always feel bittersweet towards Ikuchan's position in the group. I've been waiting for her second center since 15th, and every senbatsu announcements until now left me disappointed, so many times I've been having false hope I don't really want it anymore.

First half of 2016, when the strongest quartet were still solid, Naachan + Maiyan, with Ikuchan + Nanamin by their side. I though that position will go on for a bit longer. When Nanamin graduated, everything is in shambles. Ikuchan's busier life outside Nogi, the rise of Ashu, and management's attempt to create another shinme to accompany Nanamai; Ashu + Miona, are the factors. Ikuchan has been thrown to 2nd row ever since, forgotten.

Okay 'forgotten' is a bit rash, but that's what I feel about the situation. Ikuchan's missing out so much on Nogizaka activities, it's as if it's her 2nd hiatus. And I could tell she's losing fans as well. It will be hard for her to bounce to her rightful position from now on, with management's attention is now shared with 3rd gens as well. She's free for now, so we will see her a lot in Nogi in the mean time, still, next year the void will come back.

But seeing that she has found a path to walk on, with a future not many idols could have is waiting for her, and most importantly, she's happy, made me glad too. It's like a personal investment for her. Her name is soaring in a world unknown for typical idols, and she helps to introduce the group name too. Whenever she decides to graduate later, she has found a place she will be accepted in. And if she plays her cards right, we will still be seeing her in entertainment world for a long time, this profession of hers can become a long term one.

Guess you just can't have everything. Some sacrifices need to be made, for greater good.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

:flower: Oh my! I wish i also can put liked... ( anyway... how someone can writing that nice?)

Thanks and put more... if them are that nice... ;)

14. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    That’s why Iam hoping for her to be center for the next single. I really think the 20th would be perfect for her. She became center in 10th right after she came back from hiatus. At that time, Nogi fans have been waiting for her to be center of a single but she was not given once until the 10th. So I think that it would be the sam as 20th. She just came back from her musical and what we felt was also like she went on hiatus from Nogi activities. And it would also be after the fans have been longing her for a long time to be center again. I just realized that its more than 3 years already since she became center. I actually felt bitter towards mgt since in just a year they made Ashu (i dont feel bitter towards her) center twice, while Ikuchan only got once when she can have another one again during those times that she was still not very active with her musical stages. But what can we do? Atleast Ikuchan (along with Maiyan) so far has the brightest future outside Nogi, and mostly thanks to her talent and not just obviously with mgt’s connection.

15. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Oh my: this also was so nice... thanks to put this read to here...

16. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    That’s why Iam hoping for her to be center for the next single.

17. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

Understand.
    my dream center pair is now just it self... just impossible dream :( ...
    Well... i don´t quest whose Center S and who center other groups...

18. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    She needs to at least be centre of another song just to make sure her face is more well known towards many people. Im pretty not many people really into musical stage/theatre eventhough the play is big like mozart/lesmis/romijuri

19. Ikutafan

Ikutafan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I think of all the members, she, along with Maiyan and Ikoma (and maybe Nacchan) are the most well known members within the general public. And I’m sure she is popular as well within nogi fandom. I have met many Japanese and the members they can usually recognize are the three that I mentioned. Also, many of them said that they know about Ikuchan as they saw her play piano/perform several times in tv. But ofcourse, this may not really represent the general public.
    And I notice that Ikuchan is not really popular when it comes to stuffs like how fans get crazy when Maiyan, Nacchan and Ashu release solo stuffs (aside from songs). At first, I was like why? But I realized that she was pushed more into the image of a multitalented/comedic genius in the group. Atleast at those area, she aces them. Lol

20. AloNeko

AloNeko Member

:flower: If i can i will give youre that, but, now that ... i understand... Some seen her pair of Himetan... :cry:... sorry..
    Thanks to lot, anyway!