1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Saito Kyoko (Kyonko) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Kyonko probably was the 1st members that took a photo with all the 2nd gen Hiragana and blog about it :worthy: #NiceSenpai

[​IMG]

source

Last edited: Nov 21, 2017
  2. fujimiko

fujimiko Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    OMG... she has the same face expression on many photos.
    Face A : photo with Kanemura, Kawata, Kosaka, Nibu
    Face B : photo with Tomita, Hamagishi, Matsuda
    Face C : photo with Manamo and Miho

3. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    ^I noticed it too. Is it just coincidence or there's something to it? Forget it, too trivial. Nevermind me.

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

No, not trivial. I think it is yet one more indication of how professional she is. She can reproduce expressions for photos, at least the expressions she uses a fair amount. There are reasons she has risen to centre: her singing; her dance-training; her careful hard work at everything; her picking the very useful image of liking ramen. Kyonko is 20; she has tried and failed at getting into idol groups before and knows this is her big chance and a serious business. And she is not going to school, so she can concentrate entirely on developing her ability as an idol and expanding her publicity. She posts to her blog and to Keyaki Message an amazing amount, many times a day to Message, and almost every day to the blog -- sometimes twice a day.

She has posted twice to her blog today (Saturday), including a post filled with offshots from her new Platinum Flash magazine gravure:

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  5. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Does anyone think that Kyonko look like Scarlett Johansson?

• Like Like x 1
  6. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    @yousakura Tried comparing their pics. At first glance, the similarity is remote, given the apparent difference in their ethnicity and facial features, but after digging even further there are some pictures where there is a very faint resemblance between them. I don't know if that counts, but I see your point.

@ukifune Basing on your assessment here in the forum and some comments in your blog about Kyoko, she's very serious and determined in her craft as an idol. That's one thing I can commend about her. I also notice it before when I was checking out their official blog and I'm quite surprised how most of the Hiraganas including Kyoko are dedicated on posting in their blogs daily. I also knew about the Kyoko-Memi SR incident so I can't help but sometimes see Kyoko in a bad light whenever I watch her, but I don't know about the whole picture between them especially behind the cameras, so I can't immediately conclude that she has an attitude or ego. But her commitment and talent is there, so I can't see any reason why she doesn't deserve her current spot at center right now.

About Kyonko's same face expressions with the 2nd Gens in their photos, my interpretation is, basing on her various facial gestures, my wild theory on her level of treatment is different to each girls. For example, her smile with Hiyori might mean she's already on friendly terms with her while her smile with Nao might suggest insecurity and treats her as a competitor. That's why I said it's too trivial: I'm merely speculating without any sort of concrete basis. The Kyoko-Memi incident is not enough to support my outrageous claim. I'm more inclined to believe it is just a coincidence and I'm just thinking too many things.:p

Last edited: Nov 26, 2017
  7. Minni4

Minni4 Kenkyuusei

Sorry can you update me on the Kyoko-Memi incident. What happened?

8. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    I think from a showroom a while ago, Memi barged in and was bugging Kyoko, which she might have been mildly annoyed about. Really from what I recall watching it it was blown out of all proportion in the forums (I wouldn't have thought twice about it if not for all the comments). Kyoko has said she doesn't like being touched, but in Keyaki message recently she's all over the other members, so maybe that's not a hard and fast rule.

9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@Minni4 -- Memi was probably only in the Showroom with Kyouko for 30 seconds or so, but I actually don't think it was blown out of proportion at the time (in July). In the same Showroom, Kyouko came back to the invasion a couple of times and criticized Memi in front of her fans, saying that all the other members stayed away from her precious Showroom half-hour, but Memi didn't. She said Memi was "S" and really attacked people (with hugs) -- although she said Memi had let up on her recently because she knew she didn't like it. And she added that Memi would tickle her, continuing even when she said to stop. She really did seem put out, but felt that was just Memi -- "can't be helped".

Soon after, you saw Memi in pics all over Kyouko, and then Kyouko herself was invited to Mii-Pan's Showroom and climbed all over her. I got the sense Kyouko was aware she had gone too far and was trying to show acceptance of Memi and physical contact, especially since they were side-by-side at the front of the formation for Soredemo. In one of the recent all-20 pics of Hiragana, Memi again is pushing her head against Kyouko's, lol. Memi may be cute, but she is not passive, and can be pushy and a bit bullying, I think. Looking back at the original video, I try to see some of Kyonko's dry humour, but I don't.

I don't blame Kyouko for feeling upset. I do blame her for criticizing a team member in front of the public. Not good team play. But at least it was open and honest, I think. The two seem fairly at ease with each other recently, as far as I can tell. At least Kyouko hasn't said anything more, even when we see her under Memi's strong physical contact. Kyonko is quite mature even for her twenty years, I think. On the other hand, Memi's father said when she was chosen that he hoped they knew how young she really acted. I see both Kumi and Toshi-chan, Memi's early friends in the group, kind of staying away from her recently. I don't know what's going on, but maybe she was just too physical and (mock?) romantic with them.

I am, in fact, a fan of Kyouko's and have been from the start, but the first thing that gave me pause was in her first Showroom audition, when she had on her sign that she was a "friend" of Zuumin's. That was gone the next day, and it eventually turned out that they had just been acquaintances at a Sony training school a couple of years earlier. She exaggerated their relationship and put up the sign apparently without consulting Zuumin, but I kind of respected her for her determination, and for doing what she had to do to improve her chances.

Memi's my favorite Hiragana, and Kyouko is another favorite -- but you can like people despite faults they may have. If we only liked people without faults, we wouldn't have anyone to like.

10. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

12-15-2017

if the video does not show watch the video here

[​IMG]
    source

11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

12. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    From the recent AKBShow!, really shining as center :cute:
    [​IMG]

13. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Feb 10, 2018
  14. ABF48

ABF48 Member

she's hanging out with shida too much..

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I love it [hehe]

Since the start Kyoko had great talents and even more abilty in showing them. Yet it took time for me to really like her because she was a bit stiff (both in SR than as person) so I'm truly happy to see her fool around with other members.
    And Shida is the best choice. She has leader qualities and it seems everyone feels at ease with her.

16. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    with Takamoto Ayaka for Weekly Magazine
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

17. plus1plus1

plus1plus1 Kenkyuusei

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  18. woque

woque Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    so it's a ramen show? lol, that ramen ban was a failure then.

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Mar 16, 2018
  20. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

OMG. Ramen show is going to be greatest 1 hour program ever!